awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 13:13:23 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
her rook moved as his had before, setting up an attack from the side the king had run to. 

she looked up from the board curiously a moment.

”what’s that?”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 15:28:01 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]he fortifies his defense and moves the knight back, defending a tight position.

"i found a chip at the cook-off with the dilfs."

his phone's pulled out, unlocked, and extended over to her.

"click on the weird logo."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 15:58:11 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
the king was moved nearby her rook, making the obvious assault more of a compromising position.

the dilfs. she smiled involuntarily, amused, but mouth pressed as though willing not to show teeth. momentarily derailed, she had to mentally backtrack.

”a chip?”

handed the phone, she selected the logo and watched it spin around before revealing some kind of report.

”unown.” a mysterious, ancient pokemon. interesting. she scrolled through, and her brows raised between her bangs. a word for each letter. each number. it might not have occurred to her, if not for the startling relevancy of the words themselves…

she looked back up at theo, all but forgetting their game for now.

”what do you know about this?”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 17:27:26 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]little attention is paid to the chess board between them. he watches her, appreciating the way she observes and analyzes.

at her question, he shrugs a shoulder.

"little. i assume a few others have access and have contributed, but apart from that..."

nothing.

"any thoughts?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 20:25:40 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
her attentiveness to him was already vague. she gave no answer at first, roused into almost a hurry as something seemed to click and she reached into a drawer. pulling out a pad of paper, she began feverishly jotting down numbers.

9INTER994DIMENSION/DREAMS3COLLISION33…

it was written with sharp, cubical lines. extremely odd, and nearly illegible at a glance. there were also no spaces, because lulu never used them.

eventually, it occurred to her that theo had asked her a question.

“i think this might match up with something…”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 20:38:29 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]his question is met with nothing but silence that washes over them with little resistance. he assumes she's deep in thought, so he stays quiet and simply leans a little closer to peer at her pad of paper.

he understands nothing.

"something?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 20:57:33 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She continued. It made less and less sense as she went, which began to deflate her enthusiasm. She bit her lip, forehead scrunching.

1ANTIMATTER5EVENT3COLLISION6FLAT/FANTASY…

Wait. Zeros. That’s right. What did all the zeros mean? Were they breaks in the message? Or was this just going in entirely the wrong direction? Regardless, this report was interesting.

She set the pen down and leaned back in her chair, a finger coming up to her lips pensively.

“Decker had a meteorite fragment from the site Deoxys was seen leaving. A couple of weeks ago, we performed an experiment. Showed it to several Beheeyem, and they suddenly synchronized their patterns. I think they were giving us a message.”

She looked back up at him, face both excited and a bit concerned. Not quite sure why she was worried, considering the end of the world was what she wanted.

“It seems a lot like Morse code, broken up into three parts, and each starts out the same. 99943. I don’t know the significance of that number, but if this holds any relevance,” she held up the phone to gesture, “That’s ‘inter-dimension collision'.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 6:17:40 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]inter-dimension collision.

it still makes little sense to him. who's trying to give them a message?

he narrows his eyes, extending a finger over to scroll down the screen.

"nightmare."

he looks at her.

"is that you?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 6:28:11 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
What a mysterious question. Her head tilted to the side a bit, eyes narrowing in confusion.

The word had stuck out to her, because how could it not? But she hadn't expected him to take particular note of it.

"What do you mean 'is it me'?"

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 6:39:36 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]the word had stuck out to him, too, for more reasons than one.

"nightmare; singular, not plural."

unlike branes, which is what draws his next suggestion.

"maybe you play a part in whatever this is."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 6:53:26 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Well, she didn’t like the idea of that very much—but she doubted it was her.

“I’d say Darkrai’s a better bet.”

She gave a shrug, but it still didn’t feel like it boded well for her.

Her eyes passed around the office, looking at shadows briefly before she leaned in and set the phone back in front of him.

“I want to know who made it.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 7:06:11 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"darkrai didn't connect the dots just now. you did."

the idea doesn't sit well with him either.

he reaches for the phone, tapping back to the home screen to briefly look at a picture of fishies set as his background.

"i don't know yet, but i'll find out."

the phone is pocketed.

"i'm trying to find the missing unown."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 14:59:04 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
she eyed him, unsure about what he meant. did he think she’d guessed darkrai could solve the riddle? no, but she figured it was likely the thing this word referenced—not her. she certainly hoped it wasn’t her. she was about done with unknowingly being a part of people’s schemes.

he was going to find them. good. for some reason, there was trust that he would. she wouldn’t wait for it to happen, though. this was her mission now, too. all because of that one word.

”do you remember anything else strange from when you found it? where exactly, again?”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 15:20:09 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]he pauses for a moment to remember.

"we found it while closing the stall. i imagine it was left for us to find."

with a soft sigh, he moves a piece, restarting the game.

"the organizers disappeared without a trace. even i haven't been able to find them."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 15:58:33 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
she stared at the board, not yet making a move. her focus was elsewhere. 

”don’t you have reservations about helping a stranger’s research?”

was that even what it was? maybe it was a way to confirm the presence of all of them, so they could be brought together for something.