thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 16:04:26 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"i don't think it's research, necessarily."

even if it is research, there's little chance in stopping others from contributing, as they already have.

he shrugs.

"it seems to me like they're trying to send us a message."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 17:02:10 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
"seems like it--but it's also data collection." her mouth turned a little. "speaking of which, you should let me look at the chip."

lulu certainly wouldn't have stuck the thing in her phone. she was reminded briefly of 's tracker incident.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 17:30:56 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]to be fair to theo, he barely uses his smartphone. he pulls it back out of his pocket and extends it over to her.

"password is one-one-one-one-one-one."

it takes him a moment to realize.

"oh, wait. the chip's in the back."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 17:45:14 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
lulu gawked at him for a moment before sighing and finally moving a piece on the board. she then reached for the phone, flipping it over and removing a panel.

”why do you even have a password, theo?”

it wasn’t even a password, really. it was numerical, and it sucked.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 17:51:26 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]his attention returns to the board when she finally moves a piece. he leans forward, calculating and planning.

her question distracts him.

"to stop people from going into my phone."

simple, really.

he carelessly moves a piece.

"you don't have a password on yours?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 18:17:27 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“hm.”

she was suddenly questioning his competency, wondering how far this neglect of security extended.

though more pre-occupied with the phone, her opposite arm moved a piece.

"i do."

the panel separated, and she eyed the chip before removing and setting it down flat. a desktop magnifying light was pulled over and maneuvered downward on its bending stem. the bright light was flicked on and she stood from her chair to peer at it, turning it over.

after examination she put it back into the phone, and typed his password. 1-1-1-1-1-1. with a few light strokes, a command prompt was opened, and her thumbs went to work across from him, not peering up from the screen.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 18:25:37 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]sometimes, the best password is the one people never expect because it's too fucking simple, but of course, against a tool like a decryptor, his would likely fail the test.

up against a random grunt, though?

genius.

he says nothing and simply watches her work.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 4:06:46 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
after checking all the inlets, there seemed to be nothing intruding on theo’s poorly secured phone at that moment—but there was a trace of something.

dimensionch drktriad mcno1102

she looked up, and then slid over the device.

“that’s what they left behind. what do you make of that?”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 6:00:15 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]the phone's picked back up, glanced at, and set back down.

"are they usernames? dark triad sounds like something would use."

he knows little of usernames, gamer tags, but he knows enough from his conversations with the youngsters of rocket.

"i'll see what i can find on them."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 16:04:47 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
lulu pulled the pad of paper over and jotted down the words she’d found, replacing the pen stop it and leaving it all off to the side.

”keep me updated, if you would. i’ll do some digging myself.”

her eyes returned to the board and her knight moved into place.

”check.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 16:53:52 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"i will."

check?

caught by surprise, he's left having to think on the fly, analyzing and predicting the best he can.

his king moves into a tight corner, likely to be trapped within the next few rounds.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 19:44:13 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Her tactic proved effective, pushing the king back. She then went for his rook.

Briefly, her gaze shifted to the lettering on the paper again, unable to fully turn her attention from it. It was gravitational.

“Do you think it might be someone in Rocket?”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 18:22:42 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]his rook is taken, further pushing him into an unfavorable position. he attempts to escape it, knowing he'll likely fail.

"no."

he shakes his head.

"no one's capable enough apart from you or ."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 17:56:10 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
It was a pretty dry answer. She wasn’t sure if he was calling Rocket stupid, or not. Her smile was barely more than a flat line, curiously amused but not enough to ask.

“Alright, well… hm.” She'd thought it had been a good possibility, considering all of the pranksters and crazies in their midst.

Another move, and she’d leave him with only one or two ways to stay out of check—and all would likely lead to defeat.

“Speaking of people, I’m curious about the shadow machine. I haven’t really explored it much. Do you know of anyone still around from the Cadis days that would have worked with him on it?”

Lulu wasn’t privy to all of the names. had been very discreet.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 18:44:10 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]theo's knowledge of the shadow machine is limited at best as that precedes him. he thinks briefly of , of lugia, and remembers the undeniable PRESSURE he felt.

"i assume cillian's familiar with it, but you'd be better off talking to if you could find her."

lucky for them, he knows where she is, but he says nothing about it just yet.

"why? are you looking to operate it again?"

[attr="class","noodles"]