uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 9:56:19 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
it's an all-nighter of a mission. apparently, it's important to be able to keep watch all night just in case they'd ever need to in the future, but he still finds it dreadful.

but he doesn't voice his complaints, at least not this time.

talk about character development.

"you thirsty, cap?"

he asks his captain as the two of them continue walking around the beaches of mossdeep, staying wary of their surroundings.
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 10:46:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

It’s not like Sol has never pulled an all-nighter before. She dislikes it, because she appreciates her own carefully kept sleep schedule, but there have been one too many situations where there has been a need for things like those. Not just with the war. After all, she was a university student once too.
[break][break]
Uri, though?
[break][break]
Has he ever pulled an all-nighter other than for a rager?
[break][break]
Probably not, but he has voiced no complaints so far, and Sol is glad.
[break][break]
”Not really, save that for when you feel tired.”
[break][break]
Calm yet ever alert, her gaze wanders over their surroundings.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #D25944;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #D25944;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #D25944;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 10:54:35 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
uri has definitely pulled all-nighters before, so he's not unfamiliar with them in the slightest. actually, he's perhaps pulled too many for one's lifetime, which might explain why he's still as chirpy as ever despite it being two in the morning.

"tired? i never feel tired."

a lie, as training usually kills him.

"are you tired?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 12:49:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”I could argue against that, but I won’t do it for your sake.”
[break][break]
There is a slight smirk of the type that rarely show themselves when on a mission, yet instead of looking at Uri, Sol’s attention remains fixed on their surroundings as they walk along the beach.
[break][break]
”Me? Why would I be tired?”
[break][break]
Not like she could be, considering the amount of coffee she had before coming here.
[break][break]
She will be soon, probably, but for now she’s alert enough for the both of them – even if Sol’s usual perfect poker face and emotionlessness does a great job at hiding it.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 12:55:42 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
it's a good thing she doesn't argue because she would've definitely won that. he returns the smirk with ease, though his is more prominent than hers, just like usual.

"i figured you might be tired of listening to me by now."

he chuckles at that, turning his gaze away to look at their surroundings. basically, doing his job.

"i do talk a lot at times."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 13:45:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

At times.
[break][break]
She echoes his words, and this time she does look at him. There’s nothing accusatory about her words, but the smirk remains, and intention is obvious:
[break][break]
Definitely not just at times.
[break][break]
Then again, it could be argued that Sol herself doesn’t talk nearly enough.
[break][break]
”I don’t mind it… Most of the time.”
[break][break]
With that, her attention returns to their surroundings.
[break][break]
Is she being honest or just teasing him? That's always the question.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 17:36:14 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"okay, pretty much all the time, but i know you like it when i talk."

he's taking a shot in the dark here, practically blind, but he has his suspicions. she wouldn't be smirking nor joking around with him if she doesn't enjoy his company.

and it's for that reason that he's confident.

"i think we'll need to set up camp soon."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 18:15:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

He knows.
[break][break]
Does he actually know?
[break][break]
Sol turns to look at him, evaluating the expression that comes with these words. He’s confident, as if he’s sure of it, but that could just be Uri’s blind optimism about things like those. Even if slightly so, it makes her worry, that little voice in her head making itself audible once more.
[break][break]
”Hmm…. Sometimes, I’ll give you that one.”
[break][break]
There’s no point in denying it completely, after all.
[break][break]
”That’s true, you choose the spot.”
[break][break]
If they’re going to be stuck here, they might as well test Uri’s skills at even simple things like those.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 19:03:14 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"you're letting me choose the spot?"

this is clearly a test and it's one he'll take in stride because he's actually been working hard these past few weeks. has uri ever read a book in his life? comic books, yes, but recently he's read survival manuals on the basics.

and so he turns, searching.

"over there works."

simply and easy, he leads them over to an alcove that'll provide them with shelter in case it rains, which it looks like it won't.

"i'll start us a fire."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 2:24:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Why are you surprised? Do you think I shouldn’t trust your judgement?”
[break][break]
An eyebrow is raised, but of course she’s just teasing him, even if she is actually keeping close attention to his choice when it comes to a location.
[break][break]
An alcove. Not bad. Pretty good, actually.
[break][break]
If anything, it makes Sol realize that Uri has been working hard and paying attention, since there’s probably no way he would have been able to make decisions like these with such ease before, and also been right about it when making them. Unless if choosing with luck on his side, of course.
[break][break]
”Pretty good... Are you sure you want to take care of the fire? We could have a pokémonn do it.”
[break][break]
It would sure be much easier, but not as impressive...

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 6:44:42 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
there's no luck involved this time, but there is luck in how easy he's able to find wood and other materials to help set up his fire, making it far easier than it could've been.

"nah, i got it."

is using a match impressive? maybe not. but just the fact that he came prepared should say enough about how he's changed.

he strikes it, leaning down low to light the fire as embers start to spark. gently, he blows, causing it to grow and spread until it all catches on fire.

smiling, he looks up at her.

"there we go."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 11:33:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Okay.”
[break][break]
Without any more insistence, she busies herself with setting up everything else, once in a while turning to watch him as he gathers the firewood and starts working on a campfire.
[break][break]
On again: not bad.
[break][break]
Pretty good, actually.
[break][break]
Even if it’s just a match.
[break][break]
”You’re getting much better at all of this.”
[break][break]
It’s genuine praise, and it even comes with a faint smile that fades soon enough.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 15:33:27 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"believe it or not, cap, but i've been reading."

in fact, he reaches into his backpack for a particular book, extending it to her with a small grin on his face.

it reads: wilderness survival for dummies.

"doing my research and all that. just trying to be a better soldier, you know?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 16:25:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Wilderness Survival For Dummies.
[break][break]
Sol reaches for the book, she holds it, she looks at it, and even while staring she still can’t believe what she’s seeing.
[break][break]
Really? He had to pick this book out of all of them? He couldn’t have picked anything a little bit less… pathetic?
[break][break]
At least it apparently did work and taught Uri a few useful things, but still.
[break][break]
”...Do you think you’re a dummy, Uri?”
[break][break]
Naturally, she smirks, dismissing the fact that she usually would never call him ‘Uri’ when working.
[break][break]
”Doing your research is good though… Even if you probably wouldn’t need to if you paid more attention to your training.”
[break][break]
Seriously, they all get taught these things without any 'For Dummies' books.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
so tied up
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 16:37:39 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
pathetic? pathetic? this book is a godsend, thank you very much.

"sometimes, sure, but this book is really good! trust me."

naturally, he pouts.

"yeah...i wasn't paying attention to training then and they don't really repeat it twice."

he sighs, reaching out for the book to return it into his backpack.

"but i'm trying now."