played by

Aegis

She/her/they
September 18
Lilycove
Asexual
Private (E-1)
Cadet
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
24 posts
part of
TAG WITH @parvatiatiyeh
parvati atiyeh
kafkaesque (mission for the swarm)
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 3:22:12 GMT
parvati atiyeh Avatar

Parvati hadn't meant to be roaming the side streets of Lilycove, but here she was. It had taken her ten minutes to orient herself, another fifteen to spot the bulky shape of a Pokemon among some tipped-over garbage cans; yes, this was one of her's, buried face-first in someone elses refuse.

After marching up to where the plump blue shape sat against the sidewalk, she tapped her foot, and then nudged the creature's rear-end. The cramorant gave a strangled bark. There was a trampled burger beneath one of its feet; pieces of small wax paper, likely for candy wrapping, rained from off its back; its mouth was full but open as it turned to face her, stuck that way from all that had been collected.

"Do you need me to say it?" She said, crouching so that they were eye-to-mouth.

The cramorant blinked in its wall-eyed way, looking a modicum more tense than before.

"Pandu..." God, why are you the way that you are.

"Spit it out."

Its features straightened for a moment. The rest of the bird sagged in defeat, knowing it would be unwise to ignore its only reliable food source, even if it had found itself a bounty. Parvati was frowning with her chin propped on her fist, all tucked together where she sat waiting for the end result.

Pandu wheezed like a deflating whoopie cushion as it turned towards the can laying on its side, and returned the garbage from wence it came - mostly intact, a little bit soggy. Without a word of praise to the bird, Parvati gave a sigh of her own and returned him to his pokeball. As she stood she straightened her uniform and looked around again, trying to gather her bearings without the looming threat of the hungry idiot to contend with.

close tab

played by

Jun

Ollie
He/Him
June 29
Blackthorne City
Homosexual
Ranger
Cadet
Pain makes you stronger, heartbreak makes you wiser, and fear makes you braver
awards
228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun2
Oliver Shrakes
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 1:05:03 GMT
Oliver Shrakes Avatar
Ollie had his bags and luggage with him now. Thankfully, the ferry service, and whoever did business with the various leagues and Ranger groups, were very good. He still had most of his belongings, notably absent being any furniture. He figured he'd get some locally, though first thing was getting a futon. He already had a place set up, again, thanks to the Hoenn Rangers. The five foot seven young man walked past a woman who seemed a little lost. Despite his various ear piercings, red and black colored hair, he eyes were bright and friendly, as was his expression. "Hello, are you lost?" His phone was in a shirt pocket, directing him to where he needed to go. Which was to a condo, where he'll meet his landlord. Supposedly, someone was taking the other half of the small condo duplex apartment thing. Hopefully she'll say where she's going, and it'll just happenly be where he was going too.

"Oh, cool, I'm going there, too. I'm Oliver Shrakes, Ollie if you're feeling lazy. Just follow me." And he would lead the way to the place. Where the landlord was standing in front of a building, looking rather nervous. Like he didn't know what to say. Until he saw both of the people there. "Oh thank goodness! I'm terribly sorry about this, but evidently there is a small issue with your building...several bug Pokemon decided to use it too. Look, I'll cut you a deal. Two months free living, three months utilities paid for, and meal coupons to several of the trendiest, popular places in town. Just...try to keep damage to a minimal...but I need them gone...and obviously so do you, but...well...yeah...deal?" The man looked clearly distraught.

Went by the door and plopped down his stuff. Opening the door ever so slightly, he could already see several Spinarak inside. One was even wrapping up a Ladyba. Joy. Closing the door, he took out both his Dragonite and his Braviary. "Well, I don't see us having much of a choice. Can't guarantee no damage, but I'll see what I can do." Damn it, he wasn't a bug exterminator! He looked over at his neighbor, hoping she would also assist with the issue.

close tab

played by

Aegis

She/her/they
September 18
Lilycove
Asexual
Private (E-1)
Cadet
awards
24 posts
part of
TAG WITH @parvatiatiyeh
parvati atiyeh
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 2:03:35 GMT
parvati atiyeh Avatar

One hand minded the pokeball that now housed the cramorant. The other pinched the bridge of Parvati's nose as she lingered within a cloud of frustration. The stranger might have seen the cramorant's binge eating, or maybe they were only passing by after the fact, but Parvati hadn't noticed them until they spoke.

Blinking owlishly at the boy, Parvati cleared her throat, thinking fast.

"Not lost, exactly - a member of my team gave me the slip. Its all fine now though." As she explained this she clicked the pokeball, now decreased in size, against the standard-issue belt she had picked up earlier in the day. The rest of her team was neatly aligned along her waiste for quick-draw scenarios.

"I've been assigned accomodations around here, somewhere -" which was a big change, but a welcome one. Before she could say much else, the boy introduced himself and welcomed her along; evidently, they were destined to be neighbors.

"That works for me! You can call me Parvati if you like."

They weren't far from the complex. The landlord, who looked more than a little distraught and a touch suspicious to Parvati, spotted them soon enough and erupted with an explanation. Or a plea for help; there wasn't much difference.

"Some bugs? Should be a piece of cake."

close tab

played by

Jun

Ollie
He/Him
June 29
Blackthorne City
Homosexual
Ranger
Cadet
awards
228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun2
Oliver Shrakes
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 1:05:16 GMT
Oliver Shrakes Avatar
Parvati was certainly an interesting name. But she was good to go. Just that one of her team had gotten loose and that she had found them. After they got there and their landlord explained things, she thought it would be a piece of cake. "Not always. It's not uncommon for bug pokemon to swarm, and they're not always in the negotiating mood. Beedrill and bee-like Pokemon are infamous for it. Looks like Spinarak, though. That presents its own set of problems, namely sticky webs. If they're aggressive, those threads are going to be a huge pain in the ass to counter. And we have to be mindful of collateral damage. Ideally, if you have a Pokemon with a sleep inducing move so we can relocate them, that'd be great. Do you?"

Another problem was numbers. He counted only a couple dozen in the room, but that was also just a glance. Up above, below, behind various furniture, etc., more could be hiding. A lot more. Swarms of Pokemon, particularly in fragile environments weren't easy to take care of. There was a window on the opposite side though. Another alternative came to him. "We could try to scare them out...that would be preferable to fighting them out, and have Braviary use Whirlwind to blow them into nets. Any other ideas?" He could come up with plans and all, but he also didn't want to hog the glory if his partner(s) had a better one involved. Sometimes implementing plans and implementing them well got you the promotions, not being the idea guy.

close tab

played by

Aegis

She/her/they
September 18
Lilycove
Asexual
Private (E-1)
Cadet
awards
24 posts
part of
TAG WITH @parvatiatiyeh
parvati atiyeh
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 1:20:55 GMT
parvati atiyeh Avatar
x
-
cadet atiyeh | @

the landlord looked pleased that they'd roped two strangers in to dealing with this pest control problem, which made parvati a little more suspicious of them, but before she could interrogate anyone, oliver was saying something.

to be honest, her only plan of attack was to bring out her scorbunny and have him torch the bugs; that wasn't a logical step considering the landlord, oliver, and herself all needed the building to remain intact. it would take some further planning.

oliver explained one possible avenue of attack: sleep and status effects. he talked more than anyone parvati had ever met, not that it bothered her or anything. it made the transition from outside to inside the apartment complex somewhat seamless.

between the two of them, oliver was certainly the idea guy; parvati wanted to get to work and flush out these spinarak, just have it over and done with.

"i've got a cramorant who would love to stuff himself with these spiders," parvati said. her tone was humorless but the idea was a ridiculous one. "or maybe roaring at them would be good enough? its that or we torch the place." okay, that comment drew a thin smirk across her face, and she looked to oliver for confirmation.

close tab

played by

Jun

Ollie
He/Him
June 29
Blackthorne City
Homosexual
Ranger
Cadet
awards
228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun2
Oliver Shrakes
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 20:43:25 GMT
Oliver Shrakes Avatar
Parvati stayed pretty quiet, mentioning a Cramorant who would love to stuff himself with spiders. Ollie kind of stared blankly at her, not knowing if it was a joke or a serious suggestion. He doubted even that Pokemon could eat that many Spinarak, let alone what they might do inside of it. It was a bit of a ridiculous idea. Though she did offer a way to get them out. And a way that that wouldn't just get them out, but also destroy their home. That last one had the owner freaking out. "Yeah...let's not torch the place. I don't think that'll look good for us and may just cost us our jobs. If you have a Pokemon that knows Roar, that'll be great. They would come back though, hence why the total relocation would be best. Roar, then Whirlwind into nets, then have Dragonite take them elsewhere. Mind getting some nets while I try to find some ideal places to relocate them?" The owner would actually go help Pavarti get some, knowing a place that sells them. And would pay for it, seeing as it was his building.

And with Dragonite's speed, they didn't have to be the toughest of nets, just tough enough. He took out his phone started researching. Actually, Spinarak can be found not too far from Fortree Village. There was also a huge conservation area there. So he decided to do some phone calls as well. Spinarak were plenty common back in Johto, but he didn't know how Hoenn's breed would react. And as it turned out, several Spinarak did go missing from the area. And so he let them know that a Dragonite might bring some towards them, so have flares ready if they were cool with him depositing some with them. They were.

Before his partner came back, he did attempt to open the door and try to speak to them. And hopefully convince the bugs to leave. He waited outside, with his birb using his claws to get webs off of him.

close tab

played by

Aegis

She/her/they
September 18
Lilycove
Asexual
Private (E-1)
Cadet
awards
24 posts
part of
TAG WITH @parvatiatiyeh
parvati atiyeh
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2021 2:04:17 GMT
parvati atiyeh Avatar
x
-
cadet atiyeh | @

no, of course, totally joking. the way the boy responded made parvati realize that her sense of humor, dry as it was, might've gone right over this guy's head. he might've been super literal, or at least more serious than she was (which was quite the feat given how cold she could be); but that was all fine with her, she could handle the no-nonsense types. most of her family didn't connect with her that well either so this was par for the course.

"right, okay," she was quick to accept the plan. they wouldn't be culling the spiders from the building but trying to relocate them. if that got the job done, that was fine.

she wasn't sure about the next part though. "I'll leave one of my pokemon with you then, and i'll go fetch those nets." a moment later, parvati was unclipping one of the pokeballs from her belt. a flash of light corporealized in to the shape of a small, sad-eyed dinosaur.

the tyrunt looked dejectedly up at parvati and then over to the red-headed boy.

"gagan, you're up. when oliver here tells you to roar, you roar, okay?" she didn't like the way she had to talk to him; but the tyrunt was sensitive, so she had to be careful about the tone of her voice. she bent down and pat him on the top of his head, which earned another heavy sigh from him. but, he waddled towards oliver afterwards.

"okay. uh, be right back -- i guess." and off she'd go with the creepy landlord, one hand at the ready to bring out another pokemon if her suspicions were correct about him, and he was up to something skeevy. while she was off retrieving nets for the spinarak oliver could make his calls.

gagan huffed, watching the road for any sign of parvati's return.
when will my trainer be back from the store...

close tab

played by

Jun

Ollie
He/Him
June 29
Blackthorne City
Homosexual
Ranger
Cadet
awards
228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun2
Oliver Shrakes
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2021 19:11:08 GMT
Oliver Shrakes Avatar
Oliver waited for everyone to come back as he patted the Tyrunt on the head. Poor baby. Even Dragonite went down to his level and patted him on the head. Once everyone came back, he took the nets and told Parvati to wait there until he got things set up. It didn't take long. In the back of the place, his birb was ready to use whirlwind, and his Dragonite was ready to use the nets. All that was left was the window. And it looked like was cracked open just barely. Getting a flat bar from a shed that was on the property, he opened it up the rest of the way. And got a face full of webbing. As he went around back, he tried his best to get it off.

Then gave her a thumbs up sign. "Give me like, thirty seconds, then bust in there and have Gagan give a mighty roar. Things are ready in the back." Then the red head went back and got ready. Hopefully she would fill her end of the deal. Soon, Spinarak came pouring out, and Brave started up his Whirlwind attack. It soon became apparent that yeah, there was definitely more in there than he initially thought. Though, things did die down soon, and no more was coming out. He told his Dragonite to go and relocate what they had. As the dragon flew off, his birb stayed around, but didn't go with him inside, through the open window. Giving her thumbs up sign again, he spoke up. "Nice work. But let's do a check around the condo before we start moving in."

The first floor looked clear, until he saw a Spinarak glaring at them, and moving up the stairs. Then a garish screech was heard. That wasn't good. Looking at her, he asked a question. "Maybe you and your Tyrunt can take point..." Seeing as he didn't have any Pokemon with him.