uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
way beyond
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 9:16:00 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
the transition has been easier than he had thought. he's settled into his new job as one of slateport's finest, and so far, it's been going great. he has a great partner, an okay boss, and he's enjoying what he's been doing. what more could he ask for?

oh right.

finally cooking dinner for sol, as he had always thought of doing.

in the middle of prepping, the door sounds, and he's off to open it.

"sol!"
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
way beyond
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 9:28:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The last time she was here, things were much different, and while the memories are vague because of the influence alcohol had had back then, they still come back to her as she enters the building… As she goes up the elevator… As she knocks on the door…

She had had so many doubts back then, she had thought she had made a foolish mistake that was definitely regretted in the morning...

But, now? Does she doubt?

”Hey.”

It’s with a slight smirk that she greets him when he opens the door for her, because there’s no way she could ever match his excitement. Not outwardly, at least, since a smirk is much more than what she’d give just about anyone else.

”How’s it going?”

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
way beyond
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 10:08:27 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
his excitement is infectious and there's enough for the both of them, really, so it's not a problem at all. he appreciates her smirk, leaning in to give her a quick kiss.

"good! a little tired, but i'm excited. you?"

he steps back, gesturing into his apartment which now looks...different, but only because it's clean.

it's more than clean, actually, it's tidy.

"bet you barely recognize the place, huh?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
way beyond
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 10:34:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It’s almost funny how easily things can change, but in this case, that isn’t really a bad thing at all.

The kiss is returned, and she looks at him then, her eyebrows raising just so slightly at his next words.

”You’re tired already?”

She’s teasing him, but as per usual, her words are dry, and it’s all too quickly that they’re dismissed as she steps into the apartment. He’s right: it looks different. Much different from when she helped him look through all the mess after losing Kachow’s pokéball, and definitely much different from when they had returned hours later after going to the bar…

”Damn, I almost didn’t think you had it in you.”

Once again, she smirks.

”It looks nice.”

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
way beyond
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 11:02:47 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
it's almost too easy to tease him. he shakes his head, quickly correcting himself.

"no! no, not tired at all."

he's just had a busy day at work but it's nothing compared to some days he experienced in the military. in fact, compared to them, these days feel almost too easy.

taking a moment to appreciate the space, he nods, smiling before he leans over to kiss her cheek.

"i'm glad you think so."

and then he steps away, off into the kitchen, but not before pointing over to the couch.

"look i even got some throw pillows! try them, they're really soft."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
way beyond
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 11:27:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Of course he’s tired after having just started a new job. Even if the military may have been rougher on him (which is in part Sol’s own fault), that doesn’t change the fact that learning so many new things and getting used to them is exhausting – not to mention the arduous training itself. It makes her worry about him, but Sol being Sol, she won’t say this.

Instead, she’ll tease him as she usually does, because that’s just the way she prefers things to be.

”Throw pillows? Really? I barely even have those at my own place. I’m surprised Kachow hasn’t destroyed them.”

She could go to the couch, but she chooses to follow him into the kitchen, watching him from near the doorway.

”Need help with anything?”

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
way beyond
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 12:11:07 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"oh, he tried to, but i just told him you bought them for me."

which seemed to work, oddly enough, but he's not complaining.

he busies himself with preparing the baking dish, filling it with various ingredients.

"all good. i'm almost done, i just gotta put it in the oven and we'll be good to go."

he definitely forgot to mention to her what he's cooking for them tonight, but it's lasagna. the meat sauce and the parmesan white sauce might be a dead giveaway.

"there's drinks in the fridge if you want 'em."

cheap beer, sugary soda, the usual.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
way beyond
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 12:47:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”I can’t believe you’ve been lying to my sweet Kachow.”

My.

Favouritism at its finest.

She’s joking, of course. Although the thought that Kachow might stop his antics because of the mention of her name is as adorable as it is endearing, and it makes her happy.

Just like she’s happy watching him cook; layer after layer of ingredients being placed in the baking dish.

”Lasagna, huh? Are you hoping I’ll say it’s good just because it’s one of my favourites?”

She’d probably love it regardless, and he’s probably only making it just because he knows she likes the dish, but the teasing is still inevitable regardless.

”Cool. Beer?”

Sol doesn’t drink soda often, and she takes the guess before she even heads to the fridge and opens it.

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
way beyond
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 14:10:15 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
my sweet kachow.

that brings a huge smile to his face. it's cute; she's cute; and even though kachow can be a dick at times, he's glad the luxray has taken a liking to her. it basically means he has kachow's approval. not that he needs it, of course.

layer after layer, the lasagna's slowly coming together.

"nah, i know it'll be good, but i did decide to make it because it's one of your favorites."

and into the oven it goes.

"hell yeah."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
way beyond
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 15:12:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”So thoughtful. If so, then it better be the best lasagna I’ve ever had, or I’ll be sad.”

She won’t, not really, but it wouldn’t be Sol if she didn’t put unnecessary pressure on him just to mess with him, would it? The truth is that she’s excited about him cooking for her, and that’s exactly why she’s in the kitchen, watching him put together the lasagna layer by layer.

”Are you just doing bolognese and cheese, or adding anything else?”

Two bottles of beer are retrieved from the fridge, Sol then opening them before offering one to Uri once the lasagna is in the oven.

"So, how's work been, Officer Black?"

Inevitably, she smirks at that.

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
way beyond
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 16:28:27 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
uri would hate seeing her sad and that's the last thing he wants, so the pressure mounts on his shoulders, pressing down under the weight of her gaze.

he definitely can't mess this up now.

"kinda. it's not traditional bolognese and it's also parmesan white sauce instead of ricotta. it'll be good, i swear."

some might call it a different approach to the traditional lasagna, and they'd be right.

officer black.

he smiles as he accepts the beer, flushing just a little.

"it's been good! tiring to learn all these new things like all the codes and stuff, but it's worth it."

sipping, he chuckles after.

"missing having your favorite officer on your squad yet?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
way beyond
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 17:21:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Does Uri deserve to stress over something as simple as making her dinner for the first time? No, not at all, but what else can be expected when it’s Sol that he’s dealing with?

At the end of the day, it’s unlikely she would ever dislike anything he makes, and he should realize as much by the way she smiles faintly at his description of their meal.

”Parmesan white sauce sounds pretty good. Now I’m really getting hungry.”

A sip is taken from her beer in order to wash away the feeling while they wait, her gaze then meeting his.

”Codes aren’t that bad, you got this.”

She could offer to help.

Maybe she will, later.

Although her idea of help would probably turn out to be more distracting than anything…

My favourite officer? Hmm... It’s definitely less fun when I can’t torment you every day.”

Of course she won’t tell him how much she actually does miss seeing him every day or just having him there. That wouldn't be good, since it would just make him feel bad about leaving.

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
way beyond
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 18:01:32 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"it'll only be about twenty minutes until it's done. it'll fly by in no time, i'm sure."

leave it to uri to find a way to kill twenty minutes of time with no problems whatsoever. but then again, with sol, he doesn't want to simply kill it. he appreciates every moment with her.

"ten-four."

he takes another sip, laughing at her words after. he's glad to hear he's her favorite officer.

"well, you can torment me all you want now. you have a lot to make up for, after all."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
way beyond
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 18:34:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”Oh yeah? And how do you plan to make it fly by?”

She knows it will fly by no matter what they do, but of course she’ll always find ways to pressure him for the sole sake of teasing him. Even if his next words make her smirk once again, raising an eyebrow at them.

After another sip, the beer bottle is set down on the counter, and reaching for him, her hands gently cup his cheeks. She holds his gaze, still smirking yet never looking away.

”Ten sixty-nine.”

Can’t waste the chance to test all his studying, right?

Totally a real police radio code, by the way.

Maybe he’s right: she does have a lot of tormenting to make up for, so why not get started now?

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
way beyond
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 19:02:21 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"uh...we could...talk and make it fly by."

why is it so easy for her to pressure him? she's always doing it, always teasing him, and he never seems to mind. guess he definitely is a masochist after all.

his face is cupped between her hands and he flushes slightly.

"joke's on you that's the first one i looked up."

with a confident grin, he answers:

"message received."

and then, a wink.

"and simultaneously given."