uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 9:17:06 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"yo."

what an awful introduction to give to his new partner. he clears his throat, looking to correct himself with a somewhat better introduction.

"i'm uriah but uri's fine as well. i used to be in the military but i recently transferred over. you're kyle, right?"

if only kyle knew he was talking to ur1nator and that the two of them have gamed together for years.

regardless, he extends his hand out, looking to shake.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2021 3:10:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
while he's been basically mia for the slateport pd for at least a year right as when rocket made their appearance on hoenn, kyle's only starting to return to his duties as his responsibilities settle.

he stares at his desk that's been abandoned, but left untouched, when someone approaches him. probably new blood that was introduced so he can have a partner to work with, especially since the one he was fond off has died during the slateport invasion of 2019.

"hello," he greets casually, which was much more tamer than 'yo'. he reaches his hand out to meet the handshake back. "that's me. kyle. the one and only." kyle's a common name so he's most likely lying.

uriah's name wasn't the one that gets kyle the most attention, however

"wait, you transferred from the military to do shitty police work? did you do anything?"

from the background, a coworker throws an empty box of staples at the back of his head. kyle briefly turns around to yell back before turning back to uriah.

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2021 9:21:31 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
oh shit. maybe he should've gone for a more formal greeting. well, it's too late to change his 'yo' to a 'hello' now, so there's no point dwelling on it.

"nah, nothing bad...i just started dating my captain so i had to leave. plus, i've always wanted to be a cop, so it seemed like good timing."

uri snaps his hand out to catch the empty box of staples, holding it for moments as he contemplates tossing it back.

"why are you doing shitty police work? aren't you the CHAMP?"
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2021 4:32:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he's trying to recall captains in the hoenn military, but most of the ones he knew of died during the campaign against rocket during the first time around, so he draws blanks.

the thinking stops when a question is shot at him. "well, what's your reason for wanting to be a cop?" he asks back.

"champ's good money, but yeah..."

he doesn't want to elaborate further in the face of his colleagues. he knows some of them will disagree, but being told that you're a detective or something cool was so much nicer than the stereotypical 'champion' that only appears in children's lists of things they want to be when they grow up.

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 17:35:55 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
his reason?

it seems silly to say out loud and it's probably one he shouldn't say, but when has uri ever not said what he thinks?

"i really liked the movie die hard."

he smiles, almost too proudly.

"how about you?"
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2021 19:35:21 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his eyes brighten when he finds a kindred spirit. for it to be the actual answer for the hypothetical question brings life in his eyes.

"same. it's mad max for me."

he tries to play it cool, but the sudden smile cannot hide his excitement. he shifts on his seat once, and then fights the urge to do more right after the first.

"i like dogs. he has a dog. he was also a cop. it just clicks, you know?"

with the direction hoenn is taking right now too, they might as well check off the apocalyptic setting too to make his dream a reality. people living in hoenn, regardless if they're immigrants or not, are basically barbarians anyways.

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2021 10:07:24 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
the same excitement is easily mirrored; finally, after too long, he's found someone just like him.

"oh shit you're talking about the original mad max. fuck, i love that one too."

at the mention of dogs, he inevitably thinks of , smiling at the thought that she might get along with kyle.

"i'm more of a cat person, though, but dogs are cool."

sorry, kyle...

"seems like hoenn might become mad max soon enough."
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2021 18:00:44 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"well, i can't blame you. cats are so much more practical than dogs in many ways."

they require less attention, don't need his assistance to take a walk around the neighborhood, and are generally less quiet than dogs. the more he thinks about it, the more likely he can probably convince himself to switch sides.

then the mad max talk happens.

"you think so too?" he exclaims in agreement with uriah. "army's definitely going to give you more equipment if the time comes, but local police just gives you a better backstory, am i right?"

a professional assassin and an army leader are both overused tropes on isekai anime as well. a small time person going big definitely has a better charm than those.

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2021 5:26:45 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
uri easily nods in agreement.

"true, true. local police also sets you up to be a fan favorite."

the other officers in the precinct pay them no attention, perhaps not wanting to interject in on their excitement. or maybe because they have no idea what these two are talking about.

"i guess that makes me your sidekick."

and literal partner as they've been assigned together.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2021 3:23:10 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
it was as if stars aligned that both of them were assigned together. they're both vibing, which is usually a good sign. a pessimistic side of kyle wonders if it'll last long though.

"do we need a tandem name?" he asks. "duo partners need one, i think."

it was the classic staple of every pairing. kyle didn't have one most of the time since he's too lazy to come up with one, or his partners usually just didn't have the same carefree nature as him.

hindsight, suddenly tells kyle that the higher ups didn't give him someone fun before until he got conditioned with the boring slog of e4/champion work, most likely to keep him from not doing work. for a moment, he felt dizzy.

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2021 14:27:01 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"hmm..."

for a moment, uri uses a lot of his brain power. he leans his ROSY SKIN cheek against the palm of his hand.

"you know, i've gamed with this dude forever and our tandem name is THE SIMPS. maybe we can pick something similar?"

little does he know the other half of THE SIMPS is kyle lopez himself.

"how about THE CHIMPS?"
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 10:44:46 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"oh shit? you're piss baby?" he exclaims.

everyone turns their heads on the pair for a moment, but then comes back to their own business with their pumpkin spice lattes after a second or two.

kyle didn't expect his duo partner in real life that he unknowingly uses a nickname he made for him that he hasn't used in front of him before. maybe behind his back on discord with other internet friends though.

"you know i'm down with whichever. i'll take that. yeah. 'the chimps'... are you okay with being called that?"

it makes sense. they're fucking monkeys at this point for deciding to subject themselves with the torture that is putting the public safety of hoenn above all as part of their job.

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 16:02:56 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"..."

what are the odds?

"holy. yeah, that's me."

the odds of this happening in this particular MULTIVERSE or any, really, must be extremely low. so their excitement is justified for sure.

"hell yeah. i'm a chimp."

better than being called a simp, he supposes.

briefly glancing over at the clock on the wall, he sighs.

"shit. i think we're supposed to go on a ride along, or something."
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 13:09:36 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"huh, what?"

kyle has honestly forgotten any of his other responsibilities besides filing cases in his desk and enjoying the air conditioning. uriah's words were just the right kind of words to remind him to go outside and get a farmer's tan.

"were we?" they were supposed to be. he scratches his head before opening his drawers to rummage for something. "beats going all the way to evergrande, i suppose."

a day job was the best excuse to be absent within the pokemon league for extended periods of time after all.

kyle takes his car keys and then gets up from his seat. "let's go for a joy ride, then. i'll show you my favorite coffee place around here."

whatever the job was, surely uriah would remind him of it.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 5:36:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: