thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,871 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
for the greater ǵ̷̖o̶̡͗o̸͕̾d̷̛͚
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2021 9:46:09 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
There's an undeniable rush of power in being able to waltz into the office of a League councilman, undisguised, and know that he won't be attacked on sight or even arrested for having the gall.

An uneasy peace struck between them, this bastion of the League allowed to remain unhindered by their occupation, to oversee the well-being of its citizens so long as Rocket's own might operate similarly unmolested.

Gavin doesn't speak with the secretary nor wait his turn. He walks past security and lets himself in.

Upon opening the door, he catches the tail end of some complaint by a harried citizen about their business being unable to operate under such conditions, something about those criminals to which Gavin might've taken offense if he cared at all.

"Oh, that wasn't Rocket," he says drily, a smirk coiling serpentine across his lips. "But we can help, I think. Apologies for the interruption, Councilman."

knew how much Gavin enjoyed the theatrics. He's not sorry at all.

"We're rather good at acquiring malicious hardware."

close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
I took the Sin out of Sinnoh. Want to help me put it back in Hoenn?
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2021 13:08:43 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

Bill's face was impassive. Not harsh, but clearly unamused by the dramatic entrance. "I'll deal with it Mr. Ampersand," he said to the complaining citizen. It was a clear dismissal, and the man left in a hurry, casting a wide-eyed look at the Rocket ringleader on his way out.

The door slammed, and Bill's lips cracked into a grin. "So you can do exits and entrances," he said with a quick laugh.

The tension fled the room as quickly as Mr. Ampersand, leaving the two men to enjoy a silent moment of shared victory. A breath of honesty between masked encounters.

"It's good to see you Gavin," Bill said, as he scrawled a couple of quick notes on a powder-blue sticky note. His handwriting was flawless. Relaxed, pristine cursive that was readable even at a distance. 

𝓡𝓸𝓬𝓴𝓮𝓽 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓯𝓲𝔁 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓸𝓻𝔂𝓰𝓸𝓷 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓫𝓵𝓮𝓶

𝓖𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓾𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓿𝓲𝓼𝓮

𝓦𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓫𝓮 𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓫𝔂 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮 𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓯𝓲𝓿𝓮

He grabbed his jacket, peeled off the note, and passed it to his secretary as they left the office. "Lead the way."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,871 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2021 14:04:15 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's cold amber stare trails Mr. Ampersand all the way out of the room.

It warms only when the door is slammed and the underboss turns back to with a sly smirk and a sweeping, dramatic bow.

"I do my best. Good to see you too, Father."

He's not religious, but it's what most of Rocket seems to call Bill anyway, and it's caught on without Gavin really realising it.

He offers the secretary a false smile for the sake of unnerving as they exit, waits until they're clear of potential eavesdroppers before he speaks again.

"How's the office been treating you?"
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2021 2:20:09 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

"It's as bland as I remember, but at least it's in Sootopolis," Bill said. "I would prefer to be out on the ocean, but even the tightest windows can't keep out the ocean air."

"It's strange, Gavin. If you spend long enough speaking only truth then you can actually taste the lies as they pass your teeth."
He ran his tongue over the back of his teeth. Unlike 's burning tongue, Bill's affliction was purely psychological. 

"Are you working out of the sub, or have you moved operations to the beachfront house?"

They approached the electronics store, where lights were flashing wildly. TVs flicked between stations, computer monitors showed lines of scrolling source code, and radios played snippets of 's latest 111.1 auditory hallucination.

"Yadot si annog eb eht yad taht er'yhet annog worht ti kcab ot ouy."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,871 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 14:30:54 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"It's growing on me, this city. Like a mold... or a moss."

His lip twitches as he shifts his gaze to the towering Tree of Life, the titan whose branches cast the city streets beneath its shade. They didn't understand its purpose or its origin but the tree felt like the heart of a Rocket-occupied Sootopolis, with its roots like veins beneath the stone.

He actually laughs, low but soft, at mention of lies.

"I'm afraid I wouldn't know."

His entire life has been constructed on a bed of lies.

"I split operations between HQ and my home. Not all in Rocket know about the property in Sootopolis, only those with rank, so I spend time on the sub to make sure I'm still accessible to the rest."

It was a lot like having a day job, funnily enough.

"Wonderwall again?" His gaze cuts across the window of the electronics store. "Must be a favourite."
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2021 0:55:22 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

"That's good. Being accessible is important." Bill and Gavin entered the electronics store. They had such an aura of casual command that the only remaining person, the owner, fled thankfully into the back room.

Code and garbled errors filled the screens around them. It reminded Bill of the time his office Rotom had been infected with Pokerus.
 "I have long thought that a mayor or a leader should be isolated, so that they can get more work done. But that contradicts the point of a leader." He sent out his own Porygon, which hung in the air, its limbs rotating, frictionless in their simulated sockets.

"If you are a leader of the people. How can you lead people you never meet? Never talk to? Blind leadership may be more efficient, but it is neither ethical, nor what the public is paying you for." 

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,871 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2021 15:59:16 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"If only the public knew how much they were paying me."

Gavin's smile is sharp. Rocket's profit off the citizens of Hoenn was hardly a secret but his own rank within the organization was a partially guarded one. He was an avatar and obviously held some level of importance but the League had yet to learn he was their underboss.

Of course, sometimes Rocket did help the populace... but it was often with the dual intent to help themselves. Like right now.

Gavin's Porygon-Z is noticeably unhealthy in comparison to Bill's basic model; the unstable code contained within its upgrade causes it to twitch and spasm as it attempts to orient itself within the space. But being already damaged, it assimilates itself with the garbled code without hesitation. The screens flicker with errors before one of them displays an arrow pointing toward the back room.

The poor owner would be disturbed, after all.

"Looks like the problem is in the back."

close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 0:36:31 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

As with any store, all the good stuff was in the back.

Stacks of rare, factory sealed electronics, custom controllers, 4K CRT TVs, limited edition consoles. Even a few undocumented Rotom subtypes.

And that is just a sampling of the items destroyed by the Porygon that were running rampage through the back room. Technicolor shards lined the thin passage between dusty shelves.

The remaining wonder, and the source of the disaster, was a chunky computer.

The screen showed a warped string of letters. As Bill and Gavin approached, the text stopped scrolling, settling on a string of nonsense.

>I̶ ̴s̷e̷e̸ ̶Y̴O̶U̷.̶
>̶N̷o̸t̷ ̶G̴a̸v̴i̶n̷,̵ ̷b̷u̸t̸ ̵t̶h̷e̶ ̸o̸n̶e̸ ̶w̴h̶o̵ ̵h̵i̴d̶e̸s̸ ̵b̸e̶h̷i̴n̸d̷ ̶h̷i̷m̴,̶ ̸n̵o̸n̷P̵L̷U̸S̷s̶e̵d̷
>̷Z̵E̴R̴O̵ ̷f̶e̷a̸r̸.̶ ̷Z̸E̵R̶O̷ ̷a̸w̷a̷r̷e̵n̸e̶s̴s̶.̷
>̴I̷ ̵c̴a̵n̶ ̴s̸e̸e̸ ̶t̶h̸e̷ ̴I̸R̸O̸N̶ ̷i̶n̴ ̸y̶o̴u̵r̵ ̷e̷y̴e̵s̶.̶
>̷A̵n̸d̶ ̷t̶h̶e̵ ̸g̵o̸l̸d̸ ̵i̷n̷ ̶y̶o̷u̶r̶ ̶v̸e̴i̴n̶s̸.̸
>̵T̷h̵e̷ ̷s̴c̶r̶e̶e̴n̶ ̴d̵o̵e̴s̸ ̴l̴i̷t̷t̵l̷e̸ ̴t̸o̵ ̵h̴i̴d̸e̴ ̸y̴o̴u̶.̶

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,871 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2022 9:58:26 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Reflections dance off rainbow shards as they make their way through the remnants of fractured technology to the back room where their quarry waits. Light flashes off the edges of larger shards to glint against his glasses, and Gavin scowls.

He's surprised to see the culprit is an older computer, the monitor thick and heavy.

Gavin squints at the text. Behind me?

But of course, the only one behind Gavin was Bill. He shoots a look at the priest and smirks.

"Our friend thinks you have gold in your veins, Bill."

There's a rather concerning noise that might be the fans in the computer tower going berserk as Gavin's own Porygon-Z penetrates this last line of defense for the rogue Pokémon. A spray of dust is expelled from the vents, and Gavin steps back coughing.

"Think they'd clean it out every now and then," he complains, tasting dust in the back of his throat.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights