hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 19:25:00 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Mt. Chimney.
[break][break]
Even from a distance, the sight of the mountain brings back memories of all the events that had taken place there recently; of the news of all the chaos that came with Groudon’s appearance, of the eruption, and of the lasting consequences that continue to affect so many.
[break][break]
A landslide.
[break][break]
Missing hikers.
[break][break]
A dangerous situation, and also the sort of thing that is exactly the reason Lia became a ranger in the first place: to help people, to protect them from the dangers bring upon the region.
[break][break]
If only she could just focus on the mission instead of thinking about the fact that he is here with her...
[break][break]
It’s been over a week, but they have barely talked since he left her apartment that one morning.
[break][break]
”Wouldn’t it be better to get a bird’s-eye view?”
[break][break]
Flying.
[break][break]
At least that way she would have an excuse not to be so close to him, right? At least she would have a distraction from all this tension and awkwardness.

[break][break]

[attr="class","rigidtag"] | MISSION

[attr="class","rigidpokes"]

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #E9C25D; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #E9C25D; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #E9C25D; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid i] color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #E9C25D; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #E9C25D; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #E9C25D; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 5:24:27 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

whatever tension and awkwardness that surrounded them is easy to ignore in the moment. he chooses to focus on the mission, on the task at hand because there are lives at stake.[break][break]

her question is met with silence, at least initially as he reaches for pokeballs along his belt. they pop open, calling out his team. they immediately fan out, starting their search.[break][break]

"it would. you can send your decidueye up there."[break][break]

even now, the implication is that he wants her to be with him rather than up there. he just doesn't realize it.

[break][break]

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #E9C25D; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #E9C25D; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #E9C25D; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #E9C25D; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #E9C25D; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #E9C25D; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
I can and I will. Watch me.
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 6:01:34 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

His silence annoys her, and not just because it makes her feel as if he doesn’t want to talk to her. There’s lives at risk here, the clock is ticking, so should they really be wasting time with not talking to each other?
[break][break]
Naturally, his answer is even more annoying, because they both know it would be much better for one of them to search from above than to just send out pokémon. Divide and conquer, search a wider area, etc. But, he’s the captain here, so she does as she’s told, although not without first remarking on it:
[break][break]
”I meant I should go up there myself, but alright.”
[break][break]
What happened to being glad to spend time with him? What happened to enjoying it? Now she just feels tense and on edge and awkward, and the latter definitely can’t be blamed on this mission even if she tells herself its just nerves and concern.
[break][break]
A sigh, and then two Decidueyes are realized from their pokéballs, along with the Comfey that wraps itself comfortably around her forearm.
[break][break]
”Look for anyone that might be in danger.”
[break][break]
With this simple command, the owls take flight.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 7:54:22 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

he realizes a little too late.[break][break]

"oh. you can if you want."[break][break]

without saying anything else, he steps forward, taking off in a light jog as he joins his team in searching for the missing hikers. he's slower than the others, perhaps careful not to overexert himself.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 8:38:57 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Isn’t he supposed to be the one giving the orders?
[break][break]
Lia has tried not to look at him, distracting herself with scanning their surroundings, but this time she turns, a question resting ready to be said:
[break][break]
’What do you want, Lance?’
[break][break]
She doesn’t ask it, because asking something like that would hurt.
[break][break]
Instead, she just watches him jog away, and as she does, she’s reminded of everything that happened on her first day as a ranger. It fills her with concern.
[break][break]
Should he really be out here with her?
[break][break]
It's with a sigh that she follows after him, all thoughts of flying being discarded.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 9:13:09 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

soon enough, he coughs, and no matter how much he tries to push the discomfort away, it lingers, pounding away at his chest.[break][break]

his pokemon search the area, finding nothing, and it's with a heavy sigh that he continues on, doing his best to catch his breath.[break][break]

so, to answer her unsaid question, no, he really shouldn't be out here.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 9:42:21 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

She should have known. She should have guessed. Since, doesn’t she know him well enough by now to know that this is exactly the sort of thing he would do? To know that he’s stubborn. To know that he’d act as if it’s all okay. To know that he’d push himself...
[break][break]
She knows, and even if she hadn’t known, the coughing confirms it all too well.
[break][break]
”Lance, stop.
[break][break]
At first, she had tried to just follow: to focus on the mission and trust that he’d know when to stop pushing himself.
[break][break]
However, it soon becomes obvious that he doesn’t know when to stop, so she stops instead. And, when she calls to him, it’s a gentle breeze that rises around them, carrying with it soft petals and a soothing scent. Petals much like those tattooed on her back. A fast-acting and effective FLORAL HEALING, courtesy of the Comfey that clings to her arm.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 10:31:15 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

naturally, he doesn't stop, not even when she stops behind him. it's only when the FLORAL HEALING comes that he slows to a halt, finally turning back to look at her.[break][break]

"you're wasting time, lia."[break][break]

still not cadet.[break][break]

his porygon2 beep boops off in the distance, calling for him.[break][break]

and with that, he turns and runs towards it.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 10:53:35 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

She’s not wasting time.
[break][break]
In what world is it a waste of time to worry about him? How can Lance expect to help anyone if he can’t even think of his own wellbeing?
[break][break]
When he turns to look at her, he’s met with a glare, but even her annoyance and her concern won’t stop him from running the moment his Porygon2 calls for him.
[break][break]
Reckless.
[break][break]
Stupid.
[break][break]
”Fine.”
[break][break]
She doesn’t run. Instead, she reaches for a pokéball, calling out her Pidgeot and rushing ahead from the skies.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 12:53:07 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

fine.[break][break]

and that's that.[break][break]

he doesn't even see her taking to the skies, only hears it — his attention stays solely on his porygon2, and after a few moments of running; sprinting, really; he reaches the normal-type. [break][break]

"how many?" [break][break]

beep, beep![break][break]

two pokemon buried beneath rock and mud. he tenses, calling out another pokemon before pointing at the wall in front of him. [break][break]

"clear it."[break][break]

his kabutops starts slashing away, displacing earth before it eventually reveals a cave.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 13:09:23 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

At first, her plan had been to go with him, but in a situation like this one plans can change all too quickly.
[break][break]
It’s not long after her Pidgeot takes flight that she hears the call of one of her Decidueye, the Arrow Quill Pokémon flying overhead and heading for a section of fallen trees.
[break][break]
She looks down towards where Lance is, and it's with a sigh that a decision is made – a single command given so that her Pidgeot follows after its teammate.
[break][break]
She knows it's what he’d want her to do, she knows it’s what she should do, and yet, the uneasiness within her remains…
[break][break]
For now, they’re both on their own, but that’s not what she wants.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 14:08:09 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

earth is displaced, and an entrance appears.[break][break]

it's dark, vacant, and quiet. even then, lance is the first one to step in, eyes blinking to adjust to the darkness. it's almost reckless how casually he approaches the situation; it's as if nothing could kill him.[break][break]

and it's in the darkness that he finds not the hikers, but the two pokemon that porygon2 had TRACED out. they lunge out at him, defending their territory.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 14:59:06 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Her Decidueye led her straight to a pair of Fletchling that seemed to have injured their wings when the landslide uprooted the trees, and while hurried, medicine was sprayed with care onto them before placing them on the back of the owl.
[break][break]
”Look after them, Junie. We’ll take them to the pokémon center soon.”
[break][break]
She would have done it at that very moment, but that uneasiness within her wouldn’t leave, as if there was something telling her she definitely should have gone with Lance.
[break][break]
Turns out her gut instinct was right...
[break][break]
By the time she makes it to where she last saw Lance, the entrance to the cave has already been completely dug out, and he’s nowhere in sight. The choice is obvious, so despite not having brought her bow with her (being that this was supposed to be a rescue mission), Lia runs in as well, throwing all of her caution aside. All just in time to see the pokémon attack.
[break][break]
”Lance! What the fuck are you doing?!”
[break][break]
SWEET SCENT fill the air, and with an unbreakable IRON DEFENSE, it’s a Sirfetch’d’s shield that blocks the attacks – the pokémon suddenly standing between their attackers and the ranger captain after a flash. Retaliation soon comes with its BRUTAL SWING, and while the Fighting type has the cave-dwellers distracted, Lia reaches for Lance.
[break][break]
”We need to get out of here.”
[break][break]
It’s not a question, nor a suggestion, it’s a command.
[break][break]
So much for being the cadet here.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 15:11:36 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

he has the situation handled, so imagine the frustration that builds when he's not asked, but commanded to leave. he pulls away from her, clicking his tongue which sends his kabutops lunging forward, joining in on the attack.[break][break]

still, he complies, turning to leave. it doesn't take them long to find somewhat fresh air once again.[break][break]

it's there that he finally turns to look at her.[break][break]

"what the fuck are you doing, lia?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
hell hath no fury [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 15:25:10 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

He definitely didn’t have the situation handled.
[break][break]
But at first, for those first couple of seconds of breathing fresh air after stepping out of the cave and calling back her pokémon, Lia is just glad that he’s okay – even if he pulled away from her.
[break][break]
It’s almost funny how easily he ruins this. How quickly he makes her relief be washed away and be replaced with anger.
[break][break]
”What am I doing? What are you doing?!”
[break][break]
Fuck the fact that he’s her superior.
[break][break]
Fuck the fact that he’s the one who’s supposed to be giving the orders here.
[break][break]
When she looks at him, there’s nothing apologetic or compliant about her stare – quite the opposite, actually. Her words are sharp, and she doesn't hold back:
[break][break]
”What kind of idiot just rushes into a cave without thinking that there might be something dangerous living there? Aren’t you supposed to be an experienced ranger? And don’t get me started on you running around like this when you’re obviously pushing yourself.”

[break][break]