twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
Next [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2019 4:34:36 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
isra has a point, and while most gym leaders choose not to do this, alexander is among the few who do.

"think of it like grading on a curve. i scale the challenges down to try and encourage the younger trainers to continue battling, because in this day and age, the youth seem too quick to give up, especially when it comes to something so time-consuming as training. sometimes all they need is a little push before they can aim to reach for the highest standard."

gallade's close proximity comes back to bite him wien he falls victim to two simultaneous attacks that strike him off guard. the SUCKER PUNCH strikes him square in the jaw, disrupting his atack and leaving him vulnerable to take the full damage of the PHANTOM FORCE. he almost drops from the pain.

there is little for him left to do but to retaliate with two precise PSYCHO CUTS, understanding that the battle might soon be over for him.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Next [c]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2019 20:34:30 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

The first cut pushes him back a little, forcing him to his knee and leaves a fresh rip in his doll like surface. He braces for the next attack, a shadow ball forming in the space in between them, the swirling energies aren't expected to get far only to intercept the next attack and absorb the part of the damage, giving him time to retort. More than that the pokemon hopes that the dispersal of the energies will cause damaging splash back on the psychic type thanks to their proximity to one another.

"So you choose to be a stepping stone rather than a bench mark?" it's a questioned asked more of herself, a solidification of what he's saying in terms she can better relate it too. She's never been graded on a curve, it's something she understands the concept of but applying it to a real world challenge of any kind is foreign to her. "I can understand that." though she still thinks it defeats the purpose of the gym challenge she can accept it, most people need to be made to think their goal is obtainable through easier means at first to keep them striving for it. "But how do you decide which part of the curve an individual is on? For example you were very quick to turn off the visual aid for me what made you decide I didn't need it?" she doesn't think he was wrong in his assessment. She's curious however. "What if I were just very good at pretending to be an amateur and you perceived it wrong would you correct it on the next battle but still give them the badge despite it?"

The sucker punch winds up and the Banette takes the dive, pushing off the ground and following behind the exploding shadow ball, maneuvering to prevent what's left of the psycho cut from stopping him and it's evident in the rip on his shoulder as he looks to make contact with the psychic type. H's cackling a ghostly laugh, the eery banette grin plastered on his face. He's enjoying having fun.

:'D Yell at me when i take this long man

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #9ed480;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
Next [c]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2019 4:05:42 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
"i do."[/b♧

gallade watches as his psychic-attack ripples through the air, cutting as it looks to target the banette. the first connects, but the second is met with a SHADOW BALL of similar potency, enough so that it splashes the damage back onto him. the impact creates sufficient force to separate them, breaking for a moment.

"rustboro has traditionally been the first gym for trainers to challenge after they depart on their journeys. if they were to cheat on my gym, then so be it, because the other gyms will not be as kind."

smiling, her words direct him to glance up at the moitor for a second before he returns his gaze.

"i am usually good at perceiving things, but with you in particular it was with how you presented yourself. confident, strong, there is a visible difference between you and youngster joey of oldale, for example."

gallade can only muster up the energy for one more PSYCHO CUT.

"but usually it becomes easy to tell when they send out their pokemon."

stfu ur perfect