TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
wordsearch / wordsmith
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2021 21:57:52 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marswt"]
[attr="class","marswtw"]

While Mars may sit in his office at the highest floor of Piazza Oro Grande’s corporate headquarters, his three o’clock meeting for today has nothing to do with the bank. Which, really, probably isn’t something the board of directors would be too happy about, but what they don’t know won’t hurt them, right?
[break][break]
On his desk there is an old tome, its leather cover worn and its pages yellowed by the passing of time, and next to it, rests his Rotom phone – the strange logo of the Unown Report’s app taking over its screen before the familiar list of terms replaces it. New words have been added since the last time he looked: bolide, declination, and Zacian. But, while the realization of this may cause brows to furrow, there’s no time to give much thought to this, for it’s within seconds that he finds himself distracted…
[break][break]
The Persian that had been peacefully napping on the couch nearby perks up, turning to look at the door, and a moment later, it opens as a receptionist guides his guest into the spacious office.
[break][break]
The phone is locked, the screen black, and once this is done, it’s calmly that he stands.
[break][break]
”Miss Fairburne, welcome. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”
[break][break]
Naturally, the greeting comes with a confident smile, although in truth, he’s somewhat surprised she agreed to meet him after their short exchange over emails.
[break][break]
Is it, perhaps, that his hunch was right?

[attr="class","marswttag"]

[attr="class","marswtpokes"]

[newclass=.marswt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt a] text-decoration: none; color: #60a697; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
wordsearch / wordsmith
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2021 20:21:57 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","top"]

a curt nod is given to the receptionist before a thin-lipped smile takes to katherine’s lips. her eyes don’t linger on the woman, averting straight to mars without so much of a second of pause.
[break][break]
her smile, fake and overly practiced, persists. these were the manners kat had to work on according to her agent. evidently, she wasn’t doing so stellar.
[break][break]
”oh, please. katherine is just fine. it’s a pleasure to meet you too, martin.” that was the name he signed his emails with, right? ”it’s not every day that i’m approached about something quite as… delicate as this. I even had to reschedule a shoot for this, so… i assure you, we can skip the formalities.”
[break][break]
katherine, too, followed a hunch coming here. when a god lives inside you, hunches usually carry a deeper meaning than most. willfully ignoring them would be akin to crossing the road with your eyes closed. ”there’s still a lot i don’t know about this ‘report’ myself, but… i do have a feeling that it’s close to being completed,” she admits, still not entirely aware that this wasn’t what brought her here.
[break][break]
on paper, maybe, but her hunch had nothing to do with some peculiar unowns.
[break][break]
she was here because of the prophet.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkmnparty"]

[newclass=".katherine"]--accent:#963030; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote"]width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:13px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote b, .katherine blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .katherine blockquote b { font:13px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote img"]filter:grayscale(1%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine blockquote img:hover { transition:0.6s all; filter:none [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:480px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; border-top:1px solid; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .pkmnparty"]margin-top:-20px; text-align:center; } .katherine .pkmnparty img { filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine .pkmnparty img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.6s all; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
wordsearch / wordsmith
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2021 3:06:42 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marswt"]
[attr="class","marswtw"]

Martín, actually, but feel free to call me Mars if that’s easier – most people do, anyway.” The words come with a light chuckle, for while Katherine most certainly could not be blamed for the mistake after having only seen his name in emails, the correction is one Mars finds necessary to make all the same. After all, while it could definitely be argued that they’re nowhere near being at a place where they can comfortably call each other by nicknames, isn’t that better than having someone potentially assume he’s Galarian, or even worse, Unovan?
[break][break]
What a horrifying thought.
[break][break]
But, they’re not here to spend their time chatting about Mars’ name and his origins, are they?
[break][break]
It’s a small deviation; one he swiftly corrects a moment later when nodding towards a chair and sitting back down at his desk. ”I think you might be right. Please have a seat.”
[break][break]
She’s right about more than a couple of things, actually: the report might be completed soon, and because of that they shouldn’t be wasting their time with formalities and pleasantries. It’s better to get right to the things that matter here.
[break][break]
”You have been keeping an eye on the additions made to it, haven’t you? If so, you probably know why I contacted you of all people.” Other than the obvious, there are one too many things pointing to their mysterious Unown collectors’ interest in the Creation Trio, and having seen mention of them so often as of late when looking at ancient tomes much alike the one on his desk, of course this is something Mars noticed.
[break][break]
There’s his hunch, of course, but this too is no coincidence, is it?

[newclass=.marswt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt a] text-decoration: none; color: #60a697; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
wordsearch / wordsmith
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2021 3:44:38 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

“Mars. Mm, yeah. That is easier.”
[break][break]
A slight smile tugged at the corners of her lips as she settled into the chair, claiming her seat. She allowed her eyes to wander inside the room for a couple moments longer, to sate her curiosity and ease whatever part in her wanted to examine the man’s office. Surely, she would find nothing out of the ordinary— but there’s still that queit voice in her head that tells her that she might find something special.
[break][break]
Fortunately, she gets back on track quickly enough, reminding herself that there was a purpose for this visit. After all, it wasn’t for pleasure. They were both here for business.
[break][break]
“Hrm? No, I don’t have the slightest clue.” Was this her way of being modest? Since when was Katherine even modest to begin with? That’s right, she was anything but that. She was vain and full of herself. A chuckle escapes through her lips, brief and short.
[break][break]
“I am kidding. Yes, duh. This app has way too many things pointing at me for people to not ask questions... I guess.” She would be lying if she said that she hated the attention, wouldn't she?
[break][break]
”If I had to guess,” and she does have to guess, because most of them knew nothing more than they were allowed to know, “giratina’s name will show up sooner rather than later. I have the slightest suspicion that they’re waiting on me to report something before they do it, honestly.”
[break][break]
She wouldn’t put it past ‘them’. Whoever they were.

[newclass=".katherine blockquote"]width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:13px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote b, .katherine blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .katherine blockquote b { font:13px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote img"]filter:grayscale(1%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine blockquote img:hover { transition:0.6s all; filter:none [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:480px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; border-top:1px solid; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .pkmnparty"]margin-top:-20px; text-align:center; } .katherine .pkmnparty img { filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine .pkmnparty img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.6s all; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
wordsearch / wordsmith
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2021 8:05:43 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marswt"]
[attr="class","marswtw"]

”Waiting on you? Hmm… I could see that being possible. I certainly wouldn’t pass them.”
[break][break]
In truth, at this point it would be foolish to put anything past those who created the Unown Report, especially with how likely it is that it’s connected to everything that happened at the Star Soirée. The Interdream Zone, nightmares, rifts opening between dimensions, Unown swarming into the observatory, strange people ordering attacks on known avatars…
[break][break]
It’s a lot and yet in Mars’ mind, all of those things that happened at the Star Soirée pale in comparison to having learned that there were other people who were also visited by Azelf – to having learned that his visitor was indeed Azelf.
[break][break]
And here is . Avatar of Giratina.
[break][break]
If the mythology is to be believed, in this case there’s also an obvious connection.
[break][break]
”I’m going to be honest with you; I’m a businessman, not a scientist, I’m not going to sit here and pretend that I know exactly what the scientific implications are when seeing all those terms together.” There’s a slight smirk that comes with these words, for they are indeed the truth. It’s the whole reason he had asked for her opinion on the report, because she could give valuable input that he may have never considered on his own. ”But… They do bring reminders of certain stories I’ve read, and that in itself is worrisome, especially given some recent events...”
[break][break]
Stories like The Original Story.
[break][break]
Events like Azelf’s visit.
[break][break]
”How much do you know about Sinnoh’s myths?”

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
wordsearch / wordsmith
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 15:36:38 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

“I don’t know if I’d consider any of this reason for concern, except for maybe… How sketchy this app is. I mean, I don’t think the knowledge itself is fabricated... But whoever put it together did so for a reason. If I had to guess, they’re most likely using people to complete their own research.”
[break][break]
It’s what she would have done if she was a scientist with limited resources. Unowns, among a few other pokemon that weren’t classified as legendaries, proved to be quite the rare species. It was… Rather difficult to find them.
[break][break]
“Mm. I’d like to say that I know enough, but my own research was both limited and focused on, well… As you can imagine, Giratina and its siblings.”
[break][break]
Dialga and Palkia. The Creation Trio. Sure, Arceus was given some focus too, but it wasn’t the good kind. The Pokemon many considered to be the first God of their universe mattered a bit less to Katherine. It was responsible for the worst of crimes, a sin so grievous that even the daughter of the devil could not find it in her heart to forgive it.
[break][break]
”There is… One more thing, though.”
[break][break]
It dances on the tip of her tongue, threatening to spill forth despite the instinctive reluctance. Katherine doesn’t overshare normally. She keeps her cards close to her chest. But there’s something about Mars… About this meeting…
[break][break]
Something. A hunch she can’t quite ignore.
[break][break]
“..I was visited by someone— something, not too long ago.”

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
wordsearch / wordsmith
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 12:10:30 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marswt"]
[attr="class","marswtw"]

”That’s a fair point, getting free labour out of people’s curiosity is a smart move.”
[break][break]
It’s clearly part of what’s happening here, but that doesn’t mean that there isn’t more. That the devices and app aren’t being used to track them and find out information about them, perhaps even listen in on their conversations. That something terrible won’t be unlocked when the report is completed, meaning they’re unknowingly aiding a plot to bring harm upon Hoenn.
[break][break]
Yes, Mars is the sort of person who usually expects and prepares for the worst. Life has taught him to do so.
[break][break]
”Ah, yes, the Creation Trio. They’re featured prominently in the region’s mythology, right along with Arceus and the Lake Guardians.”
[break][break]
The mention of the guardians is made passingly, casually, and with a slight smile – the connections appearing as if threads that begin to tangle up.
[break][break]
Soon, with Katherine’s mention of a visit, they form a knot, and that hunch he had felt hits him once again with full force. Involuntarily, without even realizing as much, Mars leans forward just so slightly as if to listen closely, his gaze remaining fixed on that of Giratina’s Avatar.
[break][break]
”This visitor of yours… Did it say something to you?”
[break][break]
'It', for they both know Katherine is speaking of no human.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
wordsearch / wordsmith
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2021 13:39:58 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Katherine’s lips remain pursed despite the urge to yell out ‘yes’ surfacing.
[break][break]
She got here because of her hunch, intuition, and also thanks to Mars’ invite and emails— but that isn’t to say that she could get ahead of herself and trust him with sensitive information. Even if she did trust him - that isn’t to say that Giratina does, and when a god rests within you, hiding secrets is not very plausible.
[break][break]
And as such, she’s careful. Cautious. She treads lightly and reveals only what can further the two of them.
[break][break]
Not her and Mars, but Giratina and her.
[break][break]
“You could say that,” she can confirm his suspicion without giving out too much, she tells herself. “It was brief and mostly harmless,” although it didn’t really feel that way, at first.
[break][break]
“..How did you know?”
[break][break]
She almost assumes that he, too, was visited by Azelf but… Pride gets in her way. She was special, thus, so was the visit. There couldn’t possibly be a bunch of other people in Hoenn who were visited by the pixie trio, right?
[break][break]
Well, little does she know...

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
wordsearch / wordsmith
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 8:54:51 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marswt"]
[attr="class","marswtw"]

Mars has always been a cautious person, and in all of his caution, it’s behind a pretext that he invited Katherine to this meeting. Not a word had been said about the Lake Trio until now. Not a word of prophecies or anything of the like. He hadn’t even shared his own with anyone. It’s too meaningful. Too personal. And yet… Would he be willing to share it with her for the sake of finding out what Azelf gave her?
[break][break]
”How did you know?”
[break][break]
The question rings through the room, and within it, the word comes with an ache. It’s not a bad feeling, and perhaps if anything, it only increases his resolve as he looks at her.
[break][break]
You.
[break][break]
With a sigh, he turns towards the tome, opening it and calmly flicking through pages – searching for something, but being careful when doing so. ”Let me guess… It looked something like this?” Turning the tome towards her, he points at an illustration:
[break][break]

[break][break]
Despite his question, there’s really no need for such confirmation, because in all of his pride, Mars will always be one to trust his own intuition above most things in life. How could he ever be wrong, after all? That feeling within him persists, and it becomes all too obvious now.
[break][break]
Just like had once said, the iconography clearly reveals the identity of their visitor.
[break][break]
”Azelf. He… It also visited me.”
[break][break]
And a few others.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
wordsearch / wordsmith
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2021 20:54:36 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

the illustration catches her by surprise.
[break][break]
it’s the same pokemon.
[break][break]
She should’ve known, of course, considering the buried hunch she’d been trying to understand in full, but doubt was still apparent. Up until this very moment, it was all up in the air. She could have imagined the signs, mistranslated certain things— but such wasn’t the case.
[break][break]
Mars encountered Azelf too.
[break][break]
”So it’s been visiting others…”
[break][break]
A hum escapes her, moments of silence taken to ponder the most obvious question in the room: why? But then again, maybe she should also ask ‘who else’?
[break][break]
”..Erm,” kat clears her throat lightly before continuing, ”Well, I suppose it didn’t just show up to say hey. It… I guess it gave me some sort of a prophecy. And if I had to guess, since it also visited you, it gave one to you as well.”
[break][break]
Why? The question still rings in her mind. How is this all connected?
[break][break]
”It’s a shame I am terrible with riddles.” She chuckles, making light of the situation. That was one way to handle the appearance of a god, wasn’t it?

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
wordsearch / wordsmith
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2021 14:19:07 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marswt"]
[attr="class","marswtw"]

Azelf has been visiting others.
[break][break]
That is the same conclusion he reached at the Star Soirée when hearing the girl’s words; as much as his pride may have wanted him to believe it was just his door that the deity of willpower metaphorically knocked on, others had experienced the same thing he did. In a way, he almost feels bad for bringing that kind of disappointment upon Katherine, but he needs her to know, and selfishness always wins.
[break][break]
”It did, yeah, and I’m guessing it gave prophecies to everyone else it visited. Someone else I met mentioned the same thing.”
[break][break]
According to the myths, the Lake Guardians were supposed to inhabit the lakes of Sinnoh; Lake Acuity near Snowpoint City, Lake Valor near Veilstone, and Lake Verity near Jubilife and Canalave. Mars had been to all three lakes more than once, and yet it’s here in Hoenn where he encounters Azelf instead. Why?
[break][break]
Why here? Why now? Why them?
[break][break]
”It’s more frustrating than anything, isn’t it?” His chuckle joins hers, a faint smirk tugging at his lips. It’s annoying, really. Mars has always been one to be of the belief that no one but him is in charge of his life, that he forges his own destiny, and yet here is Azelf telling him to defy his fate as if it were a checkmate on his pride. ”It was something really personal, wasn’t it? You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to, but it could help… I have a feeling we may all have to collaborate somehow.”
[break][break]
But how to collaborate when Mars himself is cautious and doesn’t trust people easily?
[break][break]
Compromises must be made.
[break][break]
”There’s also… a word. It has been eating at me ever since Azelf’s visit.”

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
wordsearch / wordsmith
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2022 3:49:24 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

She senses that mars’ chuckle comes from the same place as hers: indignation. The actions of azelf were nothing short of a personal slight against her and Giratina. Prophecy be damned, it’s the way it chose to deliver its message that bothered her most.
[break][break]
Well… That along with the fact she couldn’t solve its riddle. Yeah, that too contributed.
[break][break]
“It was personal, yes. I’d be surprised if it showed up on anyone’s doorstep just to tell them something inconsequential.” Especially considering the words it left her with. Between the ominous talk about her patron, family and even enemies– Katherine was left with more questions than she had prior to meeting the prophet.
[break][break]
The rage bubbled within her, seething still.
[break][break]
”But… My answer remains no. The prophecy it left with me is for my ears alone.” Hers, and other trusted allies, which consisted solely of the deity that resided within her. ”I’ll understand if you’ll choose to keep the prophecy it gave to you private too, but, as for…”
[break][break]
The other thing that’d been haunting her mind since her meeting with the lake guardian?
[break][break]
“..the other thing. I’ve been experiencing the same thing. A word that hasn’t stopped haunting me. I’d be willing to share that.” although she doesn’t say it outright, mars is a smart man. He must know that she expects him to repay her by sharing the word Azelf imprinted in his mind.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
wordsearch / wordsmith
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2022 2:14:48 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marswt"]
[attr="class","marswtw"]

”That’s fair, I imagined you would say something like that... Whatever Azelf had to say was probably meant just for you anyway.”
[break][break]
Isn’t that the case with his own?
[break][break]
Prophecies meant just for them, spoken into their minds by a deity. If Katherine were to hear the things Azelf said to him, it would probably only lead to more questions with answers that are too personal to be shared with someone he knows he shouldn’t trust easily. Someone who arguably no Team Rocket member should even be speaking to to begin with. Then again, when does Mars ever trust anyone?
[break][break]
There’s no way of telling how Katherine would react if she learned of his affiliations and of the rank he holds within the criminal organisation, but if one thing is obvious by now, that is that they’ll need to collaborate if they want to figure all this out.
[break][break]
If not trust, then cooperation.
[break][break]
An exchange of words, literally so.
[break][break]
Considering this, Mars looks at her, holding her gaze as he speaks that one word that has been ringing in his mind every single time she says it – that one word he adores ever since meeting Azelf and that threatens to overtake everything.
[break][break]
You.
[break][break]
What follows is a sigh, along with a smirk that speaks of a strange sort of amusement. Or, is it exhaustion, maybe?
[break][break]
”Don’t know if Azelf has a sense of humour or if it was trying to drive me crazy, but it sure does wonders for my ego.”
[break][break]
Not like his ego needs any boosting, clearly.

[newclass=.marswt a] text-decoration: none; color: #60a697; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
wordsearch / wordsmith
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2022 2:18:29 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

“That’s…”
[break][break]
You? A small part of Katherine grows a tiny bit more anxious now, processing the difference between Mars’ word and her own. Enemies didn’t have quite the same ring to it, did it? She was no stranger to those, but since this came in the form of an ominous prophecy, it felt different. More serious.
[break][break]
More real.
[break][break]
“Interesting. Mine was Enemies.”
[break][break]
She lets the word linger in the air, the vacuum of silence eventually filled by Mars’ words - followed by hers. “No, I think you have a point. It must have a great sense of humour, considering all of this…”
[break][break]
She also related to the comment about his ego– what didn’t boost that aspect of Katherine’s personality, exactly?
[break][break]
“..Do you think Azelf will come back?”

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
wordsearch / wordsmith
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2022 5:51:23 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marswt"]
[attr="class","marswtw"]

Enemies.
[break][break]
Did Azelf have a good laugh when choosing which word to give to each one of them?
[break][break]
Even Mars himself is all too aware that is a woman who has more than a few enemies, some of which are even people he considers to be his friends. People who would probably be angry and even suspicious if they knew he was meeting with her today. But, when has Mars been the sort of person who puts anyone’s opinion above his own? And then there’s also that one other obvious fact…
[break][break]
Enemies. Doubt it means the people who hate you, huh?”
[break][break]
Being that the warning is coming from a deity, surely it must be something much more dangerous than mere humans.
[break][break]
You. Gathering. Enemies.
[break][break]
It starts to make sense.
[break][break]
”Honestly? I think it might. Here…” One by one, the words are written on a yellow sticky note, the notepad then being offered to Katherine with a sigh. "It's crazy but like I told you before, I met briefly with someone who had also been visited by Azelf. She told me the word ‘gathering’ had been eating at her since then… It looks like a message, right? An incomplete one…”
[break][break]
If so, how many words are they missing? Just how many more people had been visited by Azelf?

[newclass=.marswt a] text-decoration: none; color: #60a697; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]