TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2021 18:00:43 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Even in the middle of the day there’s something disconcerting about the silence that overtakes the forest when walking far into its dense foliage. At times like these few places in Hoenn remain untouched, lacking in any human interference, but Lia wouldn’t be surprised to hear that this area of Petalburg Woods may just be one.
[break][break]
Then again, is it really when they’re here now?
[break][break]
”Do we really have to go this far?”
[break][break]
Not like she’s complaining, but it does seem unnecessary if all they’re doing is camping. What if they get lost? What if there’s an accident? Their phones probably don’t even have reception at this place…
[break][break]
Is that all a part of it?
[break][break]
Things rangers should know how to deal with.
[break][break]
She probably shouldn’t mention the fact that she has never even actually gone camping to begin with, should she?

[attr="class","rigidtag"] | MISSION

[attr="class","rigidpokes"]

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #E9C25D; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #E9C25D; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #E9C25D; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid i] color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #E9C25D; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #E9C25D; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2021 9:53:07 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
"well, you tell me, cadet."

he pushes through some shrubbery, clearing enough of a path for them to walk through without much of a problem. a glance is cast over his shoulder back at her, and just barely, the smile on his face shows.

"why am i bringing us so deep into the woods? why not just set up camp right by the road?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
I can and I will. Watch me.
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2021 11:11:58 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

After over a month of being a ranger, following after Lance like this seems easy and comes naturally – Lia always finding herself to be all too comfortable in his presence. Of course, the truth is that probably has little to do with being a ranger, but just as she chooses to ignore so many things, she also chooses to ignore this...
[break][break]
”Because tormenting me is one of your favourite hobbies?”
[break][break]
Most rangers probably wouldn’t speak to their captain like this, would they?
[break][break]
Probably not, but Lia simply smirks, being all too aware of his own smile even if she only sees it passingly.
[break][break]
Still, she knows she should give him an actual answer to his question, so letting out a sigh, she considers it:
[break][break]
”Uhmm… I guess it’s because rangers can often end up having to go to really isolated places like this. Also, because camping right by the road sounds awful.
[break][break]
A grin.
[break][break]
So much for giving him a proper answer. She kind of did, at least.

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #E9C25D; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #E9C25D; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #E9C25D; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #E9C25D; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #E9C25D; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2021 10:23:19 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
"true, but not the answer i was looking for."

some would argue he shouldn't be joking around like this with his rangers, at least not this lightly and playfully, but he's come to realize that he doesn't quite care about what others might think.

"that's it. so it's important for rangers to know how to survive in the wilderness. that way we can help educate others, too, just in case they ever need to."

like the hikers they rescued the other week.

"you've been camping before, right?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2021 17:50:27 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

”Isn’t that technically what I said? Lance, you’re nitpicking.”
[break][break]
Her words come in the company of a smirk, even if she does think that the explanation makes perfect sense. A ranger should know how to survive in the wilderness, there’s even a whole chapter about it in her ranger manual, and actually practicing this by camping is probably a good idea in case she ever finds herself forced to spend the night in woods like these ones.
[break][break]
Speaking of which…
[break][break]
The question is one she expected, and yet still one that causes her to look at him. Naturally, Lia being Lia, she had done her research before coming here, but that still doesn’t change her answer...
[break][break]
”Hmm... Depends on what you mean by camping.”
[break][break]
Probably not a rich family’s definition of it.
[break][break]
Glampers.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2021 14:55:01 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
"i'm going to take that as a 'no.'"

because...

"glamping doesn't count."

for whatever reason, he has a feeling that's something she's definitely done.
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2021 15:55:30 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Glamping definitely doesn’t count as camping, but that still doesn’t stop Lia from puffing her cheeks for a second there, almost as if displeased he had seen through her so very easily. Is she really that predictable? It would be better to think that Lance just knows her well enough to assume that, so this is what she chooses to believe, even if it still makes her pout.
[break][break]
”First of all, mean stereotype. Secondly, glamping does take some effort, you know?”
[break][break]
At this, she does offer a slight smirk, because even she’s aware that it’s definitely nothing like actually going camping. After all, she really did her research.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2021 7:50:31 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
"it does?"

that doesn't sound right, but for her, he entertains the thought.

"i suppose it does take a bit of an effort to go on your phone and book a place."

he chuckles right as they reach a nice enough spot to set up camp. would lia notice, however?
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2021 8:14:27 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

”Cruel. Bullying. I should file an HR complaint.”
[break][break]
The last thing Lia would ever want is to have to deal with HR, and really, do rangers even have an HR department to begin with? If there is one, they’ll probably have a thing or two to say about the familiarity between her and Lance, and despite her own words obviously being a joke, this in itself is the passing thought that crosses through her mind as they reach the clearing.
[break][break]
Should they really be acting like this?
[break][break]
”Are we stopping soon, by the way?”
[break][break]
Even if she may find herself all too easily distracted with thoughts of him – which lately happens much more often than what she’d like to admit – she also can’t help but wonder this when looking at their surroundings.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2021 14:08:31 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
"should you really?"

the rangers do have an hr department; it's just not in every city or base. actually, he's not even sure where their main base is, but maybe they're there?

at her question, he slows down, then takes a moment to glance around them.

"we could. tell me, cadet, what makes a good camping spot?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2021 17:01:56 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

”I don’t know, captain, you tell me. Should you be bullying your cadets?”
[break][break]
She smirks, ever prone to teasing him, but when the question comes, she slows down as well, looking at their surroundings.
[break][break]
What makes a good camping spot?
[break][break]
An eyebrow is raised.
[break][break]
”A spot that’s not near any pokémon nests, for starters. It would be bad to disturb them. The ground should be levelled for the sake of the tent, and it would be preferable to be near water, but not in the way if it were to rain. Some coverage for the sake of that would be nice, and trees that can break the wind in case there’s a gust, but not ones that are damaged and could fall if the winds are too strong... Most other factors depend on the season and on what supplies you brought with you.”
[break][break]
She looks at him, meeting his gaze, and even though she wants to, she can’t help herself:
[break][break]
”Good enough?”

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2021 10:56:54 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
"bullying is a strong word."

and yet, when her answer and question comes, he does no more than nod, showing the slightest bit of approval through the smirk that forms before turning his attention to the space around them.

it definitely is a good spot to set up camp.

so, he shrugs a backpack off his shoulder before placing it by her feet.

"alright. time to set up camp."

all by herself.
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2021 12:47:41 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Bullying is a strong word, and yet it fits all too well.
[break][break]
The sight of the smirk is a welcomed one, because while they may joke around and tease, the fact of the matter is that Lia does care about becoming a better ranger; about learning, about improving, about being competent and useful.
[break][break]
It’s not that she’s seeking his approval, but she’s glad she has it all the same, even if what follows is definitely bullying.
[break][break]
”Lance.
[break][break]
She understands the second the backpack is placed by her feet, and so, she looks up at him.
[break][break]
”Really?”

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2021 9:33:31 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
"really."

with an all too familiar grin, he takes a step away, kicking a small leaf pile as he moves to sit on a fallen-over log. it's there that he relaxes, gesturing to the backpack.

"go on."
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
evergreen [m]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 3:45:08 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

She could pout, she could so very easily come up with some way to get him to help her, but while she does puff her cheeks – for a second there appearing as if a Dedenne with a full cheek pouch – she eventually sighs and reaches down for the backpack.
[break][break]
Fine, but if the tent falls on us in the middle of the night, you’re not allowed to blame me.”
[break][break]
Not allowed. As if she’s the one who calls the shots here. As if he isn’t the ranger captain and she isn’t no more than a trainee.
[break][break]
Calmly, Lia begins to assemble the tent as best she can, no rush needed.
[break][break]