[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Corviknights caw mournfully overhead, feathers swept up by passing winds as they curl through weeping branches. Falling leaves stain the land in a bloody sunset, the towering canopy swallowing the light that pours down upon them. In the shadows they wait, surging and slinking at the edges of her vision with malice and broken intent.
[break][break]
As a child, she'd learnt to fear the dark but she'd never have to face it alone. That had been a promise they made, pokemon and trainer, Eris and Reiner - Always ready to face danger together, and never be apart. But that promise had been broken up, hadn't it? Not by their own will, but by forces well beyond her control.
[break][break]
And once more, that knowledge of how unbearably weak and useless she is sinks deep into her throat.
[break][break]
She'd originally planned to get away, to return to the place she called home. Yet, she finds herself walking in circles, tripping over twisted tree roots and flinching at the slightest growl that rumbles through this forest. Hesitance had gripped her heart in her first few minutes, which then sprouted into anxiety as she continued fumbling with directions.
[break][break]
What if she were well and truly lost? Would anyone find her or even bother to look? Did Reiner ever make it home? Where was he now? As the forest grows darker and her surroundings grow louder, she's losing the will to fight, her pace slowing as she begins to tear up. Tired out from her endless wandering with her fuse burning short from a lack of a sleep - She's beginning to resemble something more like a wreck of emotions than a child filled with such an innocent sense of adventure.
[break][break]
Why isn't he here when she needs him the most?
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || feywild

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Azalea || AA
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2021 0:14:35 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Apricorn gathering had never gone this poorly.

Just a couple weeks ago, Hideo had found a great spot near the Tree of Life with some high-quality Apricorns. Some he had made into some very effective Pokeballs, others he sold for a good chunk of change. Finding the spot wasn’t difficult; he just had to have his Lycanroc track their scent (and keep an eye out for any patrols that might spot them). He even had his Wooloo out with him, as she seemed to do pretty well mimicking his Lycanroc’s Odor Sleuth - wouldn’t hurt to train her a bit.

But today hadn’t gone so well.

Hideo caught on too late that his Lycanroc was headed another direction. And he also could tell his Lycanroc was going the wrong way when they were backtracking. He didn’t know what was wrong - Rocky’s nose never lied. But even his backup solution - letting out his Gallade to Teleport them out - was a bust when it outright failed; they couldn’t go back to a place they knew, nor could they pull off a wild jump.

Frustration was building, but Hideo knew he’d be screwed if he panicked. He’d paused in his aimless trek, trying to think over what he should try next; his gps wasn’t working, so that avenue was out. He didn’t get any cell service either, so no calls for help. At this point, he was even considering shouting for help, even if that risked meeting a patrol; he just had to weigh the pros and cons of getting arrested by what was most likely Rocket.

But as he thought things over, his Lycanroc had caught a scent - a familiar one. Rocky brushed up against Hideo, taking the boy’s attention. Rocky guided Hideo along, the Wooloo trailing behind him, as the wolf-like Pokemon followed his nose.

It wasn’t long until Hideo could hear something moving ahead of them. He’d chosen take his chances with jailtime, calling out to whatever it was. “Hey! Someone there?

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Azalea || AA
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 1:54:49 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]The bushes beside her rustle with life.
[break][break]
Whimpering, Eris finds herself stepping backwards, looking around for some kind of exit but finding none. There aren't any hiding spots to seek refuge in so she's left in the open, watching as a snout pokes through the curtain of branches and leaves.
[break][break]
Fear, it curls around her and slithers down her throat. Raking against scraped bark and running down her back, the winds rise with a deathly chill. And yet, what is this odd warmth that attempts to pierce the atmosphere? Familiarity and discomfort permeate the air, settling upon her chest as a sea of emotions well up.
[break][break]
"Hideo..."
[break][break]
Weak with truth to her innermost self, her voice shatters even when her walls refuse to. She doesn't mean to cry but it's hard to keep them from scorching her cheeks.
[break][break]
"What are you doing here..."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Azalea || AA
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 21:59:56 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The hunt for whatever Rocky smelled didn't take long, and to Hideo's surprise, he recognized that voice immediately. And she recognized him.

"Eris?!"

Hideo made his way over to his Lycanroc, his Pokemon's path chosen deliberately - to keep Hideo from being swatted by any tree branches or his feet caught on any stray roots. His Wooloo is close behind, her Fluffy body protecting her from anything further down.

"I was looking for Apricorns," he said, his voice filled with annoyance. "Got lost on the way there. Now I'm lost on the way back."

He avoided giving too much detail; he could feel the exhaustion in her voice, even if he couldn't see her tears. She might've been just as lost as he was, likely longer. Giving her bad news about his other attempts didn't feel like the right thing to do at the moment.

Had she even had time to heal from that injury she got at the Church?

He kept the pep up in his voice - maybe he could cheer her up a bit. "Well, at least we can work together on this now."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Azalea || AA
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 23:41:45 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She feels like she's been hit by a truck, reeling from the effects of isolation time and time again. Maybe that's why her immediate reaction towards Hideo isn't to flinch away, but to take a deep breath and steel herself.
[break][break]
"Mmm... we can try..."
[break][break]
We have to.
[break][break]
"Walking in straight lines doesn't work and I think I keep walking past the same landmarks..." Sniffling, Eris rubs away the remainder of her tears, wincing at the rawness of her eyes as her sleeves scratch rough against skin. "I'm not... usually this bad at directions... I swear..."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Azalea || AA
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 0:08:17 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo could hear Eris take a deep breath in, then out - but he could also hear a sleeve brushing against skin. He could only assume that she was brushing her face; was she crying?

It'd be a lie if he said he wasn't also tense; they were lost in an unfamiliar place, and their attempts to escape had failed. Hideo at least had the comfort of his Lycanroc to help calm him, and he hadn't been lost for long, so his thoughts were yet to be clouded by terror. "I've been having Rocky try to sniff a way back," he said, "but he's been having trouble too. I think he couldn't even pick up my own scent and follow it out."

A bleating noise from his other Pokemon. "Oh, right. Flufflord's trying to help too. She's also trying to find a scent, though I don't think she's had much luck yet either."

He sighed. If even walking straight wasn't working, there must've been something up. "I trust that you're good with directions, so if you keep looping back when you go straight...you think something's up? Like some Pokemon's out there messing with us?" He was well aware that some Pokemon had funky abilities that could mess with people's minds - though why one would be targeting them was beyond him.

But it was just a theory.

He extended his hand forward, palm open. “Let’s work together on this, alright?  I'm sure we'll find out what's going wrong.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Azalea || AA
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2021 17:51:48 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]It's strange, having to calm herself without the comforting presence of Reiner by her side. Just when she thinks she has it under control, all it takes is a single breath of wind to scatter her defences once more.
[break][break]
"Maybe..."
[break][break]
But what possessed the ability to do such a thing? Did it mean to harm them the moment they lost all hope? Or was it simply messing with them for the fun of it? When she tries to pursue answers, all she finds are dead ends, results that flop over without a lick of evidence to support it. There's nothing that grounds her, nothing here that would bring as much comfort as being able to hold Reiner in her arms again.
[break][break]
She desperately needs something to anchor her. Yet when Hideo offers his hand, she's a little hesitant to take it, her hands cold and shaking as she clasps on.
[break][break]
"Mmm... together..." Whispering, Eris brushes the remaining tears from her cheeks, sniffling slightly as she rocks on her feet. "Things keep looping... like a distorted space..."
[break][break]
How do they break free of it? What should they do to break this repeating space?
[break][break]
"Do you have Unown...?"
[break][break]
Her free hand barely manage to hold onto the pokeballs, releasing both an Unown E and Y into the clearing.
[break][break]
"These messed with the space, right? Like at the Soiree..." She murmurs as the duo quietly encircle her, awaiting their orders. "I- if it's a bad idea though... tell me..."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Azalea || AA
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2021 18:15:09 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo could feel her hand; cold, shaky. He could already tell she was scared just from how she talked, but now he was certain of it. She must have been stuck here longer than he had if she was at this point.

He puts his other hand on top, to warm hers up.

He listened as Eris worked on his theory, building it up with her own. “I doubt it’s the same space we were in at the Soiree,” he said - nothing trying to pretend to be his parents here, “But we could be caught in something. This place look any different than normal?” Had Hideo brought any of his Telepathic Pokemon with him, they could’ve given him a decent idea of their situation; he would’ve caught on to being stuck in a loop much sooner.

He removed the hand on top of Eris’s, reaching into his pocket. “Yeah, I got one with me,” he said, producing its Pokeball. “It was actually kinda funny ‘cause it was bugging me to come along when I said I was going near the tree. No idea why, but I didn’t let’em out ‘cause I thought it was gonna fly away.

Getting a read on his Unown was impossible. It didn’t cause much trouble for him - heck, he didn’t even know if it ate or slept - but he still didn’t understand what it was doing most of the time. But with no other solution on the table...

He let the X-shaped Unown out, the small Pokemon floating in the air. Its eye settled on Hideo, then on Eris, then looking up to the sky. “Maybe if we give’em a minute, it’ll find us a way out?

It stopped looking around, facing towards a single point in the distance. Even as it floated around, its eye was pointing towards the same spot.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Azalea || AA
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 13:00:27 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]How nice it might have been if it was the same space as the one that they shared in the Soiree. To be swaddled in a dream, or to catch a glimpse of Reiner once more. If she were to ignore the nightmares that plagued them right after, she would be happy with being stuck within a similar situation.
[break][break]
"Looks the same to me... trees." And more trees, but she reckons he gets the point. Her Unown are quick to swarm with their new companion, dancing around it before slowly turning their gazes towards the same point in the distance.
[break][break]
"There?" She murmurs, her first steps taken in the said direction before she stops herself in her tracks. She then turns back, reaching out for Hideo's hand and clasping it in her own. A light tug is all he gets when she continues walking again, keeping an eye on the Unown as they begin to float away. For a good while of walking, she stays silent, ruminating about something that seems so inexplicably hard to shake.
[break][break]
"Have you seen Reiner around here? Or... anywhere...?"
[break][break]
Her fears, they sink deep and poison her mind.
[break][break]
"I haven't seen him in days..."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Azalea || AA
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2021 21:51:51 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
His X-Unown joined in the dance with Eris's, but its focus was still on the same spot. And once hers dispersed, the X stayed, staring while keeping a consistent distance from its trainer.

"Makes sense that we're still in a forest," Hideo sighed, "The same forest-in-a-tree, I bet. Still got no idea how that works." Not that it mattered, but maybe getting Eris's mind on something other than being lost would help her calm down.

It worked for him.

He could feel Eris tug on his hand, leading somewhere. "Guess we just follow them then?" It was better than aimless wandering.

Though unfortunately, Hideo shook his head when asked Eris's other question. "You're the first anyone I've found here. Only Pokemon have been Rocky and Flufflord here. And X-ey." He pointed up, towards where he thought his Unown was - though he was off.

He had to consider himself lucky that he had his Lycanroc with him; Rocky always proved to be a strong support for him in times of unease.

Probably like how Reiner sounded to Eris.

Change the subject.

"Wait, you've been here for days?!" The shock was only partially put-upon; he was sure he'd only been wandering at most an hour - had she been here longer? "Ah jeez, you must be hungry! And thirsty!"

He'd let go of Eris's hand, swinging his backpack to his front, quickly going through it. He'd packed lightly - mainly so he'd have space for Apricorns - but he made sure to bring something to eat and drink just in case. "I got some bars and some water. Gotta make sure you're in good shape before we head out!"

Maybe she was in some distress because she was starving and dehydrated?

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Azalea || AA
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 16:10:03 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]He's pointing in the wrong direction - It's the first thing she notices out of everything else, but she bites her tongue and refrains from making any comments. In all honesty, such a slip-up only reminds her that Hideo's about as organised as she is.
[break][break]
"No, not… here here… I'm okay, promise. Just feels weird… not having Reiner around…"
[break][break]
Separated for a few hours, she might have been a little fidgety. Separated for a day or more and she was an utter wreck trying to pretend she was functional. Regardless, she readily accepts the water Hideo hands her, murmuring a quiet 'thank you' before taking a drink.
[break][break]
What else is she supposed to say in a situation like this? She feels so out of place despite having called Hideo her friend a few weeks prior. Falling silent, she finds a moment to chew on her thoughts and all that's left is a word upon her tongue.
[break][break]
"Sorry…"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Azalea || AA
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 20:14:02 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Ah. “Good to hear you haven’t been stuck here for that long,” Hideo said, breathing a sigh of relief. He stowed his granola bars back in his bag, but let Eris drink as much as she wanted from his bottle; even if she hadn’t actually been here for days, she must’ve been pretty thirsty from walking around so much. “At least Reiner isn’t lost here too!...but does that mean you were walking around here with just those Unown?

It was better than nothing - though Hideo still wasn’t fully comfortable with his own Unown, with how erratic they were. It seemed like she depended a lot on her Luxray for emotional support, even more than he did with Rocky. Hopefully it was just a case of leaving him at home...

His head tilted as Eris uttered a more audible word. “You don’t have to be sorry about anything, Eris,” Hideo said, reaching his hand out for her to take. “Friends help each other out when this stuff happens. We just gotta stick together and we’ll be alright.

It was easier to focus on easing Eris’s anxiety than his own. He was sure he’d feel better once they were out of here anyways.

The X-Unown, aware it wasn’t being followed, floated right up to Hideo, brushing along his hair in the direction it’d been looking. “We’ll be right there, X-y!” Hideo said, trying to undo the damage to his hairstyle. “Well, let’s see where X-y wants us to go so badly.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Azalea || AA
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2021 22:16:36 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"They used to be momma's... can't exactly understand them though."
[break][break]
Hideo would be right in sensing some level of discomfort emanating from her, but was this sensation a result of having to be around these Unown? Or perhaps, it's that crushing pressure in her chest that can never be alleviated when she remembers the earth swallowing Reiner right up.
[break][break]
Ah, but his words seem to resonate with her ever so strongly, enough to cause her to freeze in her tracks for a moment as her mind flutters through an ocean of thoughts. Friends... sticking together... everything was going to be alright. Her hand reaches to clasp his own, effortlessly settling itself against the gentle crooks of his palm as it radiates a kind warmth. It's mindless comfort, no doubt to ease their hearts and provide them just that little more determination to keep pressing on and find an out. And yet, it seems to have grown on her, becoming the most valuable set of words that she'll carry close to heart.
[break][break]
With the erratic actions of the X-Unown, Eris can't help but agree with the idea, giving Hideo a small tug of direction to follow the unusual pokemon. Elysia and Yeet seem to all too eager to reconcile with their buddy, hovering and circling around it before falling into pace. The further they go, the gentler the woods seems to get - Gnarly branches and knotted roots slowly give way to a feeble glimmer of light, the overarching canopies swaying in a newfound breeze as leaves fall and scatter upon their trail.
[break][break]
Her gaze flits around the grotto, drinking in the sight as it continues to flutter and fly by - Never lasting for long, a garden blooming only for this very moment.
[break][break]
"I think it's led us somewhere..."
[break][break]
But where?

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Azalea || AA
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 23:42:26 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
He felt her hand touch his once more. Her hand felt a bit cold, but he didn't mind, clasping on just as she did; he'd help warm her hand right up.

"Neat that you've had yours for so long! Mine, I only caught recently. X-y there, I caught when there was this huge swarm of'em. Then I got an M-shaped one when I was chilling at camp one night and X-y befriended them." The M was just as incomprehensible as the X.

His Lycanroc stood slightly ahead of the pair, tearing away at the tough terrain with his claws, his usual method of ensuring Hideo didn't trip over anything. Hideo's Wooloo stuck with the two kids, keeping watch over them (and so she wouldn't get caught in anything).

Still, Hideo could notice the change in the terrain - that Rocky was tearing up less and less over time. And there was less stuff that Rocky couldn't get out of the way. "It feels like we're making some progress," Hideo said.

And sure enough, they did; Hideo hadn't realized how quiet the air had been since he'd gotten lost until he heard a slight breeze, its light touch against his face. He can't quite see the garden before them, but it certainly felt different from his aimless wandering.

"Wherever it brought us, I think we should keep going," Hideo said, moving ahead and gently leading Eris along with him. He didn't have any better ideas, and for Eris's sake, he didn't take the time to think of any others.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Azalea || AA
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2021 21:23:52 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]The way he leads the way strikes a chord in her memories, grasping onto her hand as he walks ahead towards the unknown (and the Unown). That sense of comfort that emanates from his kindness, even though she's noted him to be a bit of a coward when it comes to danger - Or perhaps, he's simply the more logical and self-preserving one of them two.
[break][break]
Their walking eventually leads them to an open field, vast and ever-expanding with life in motion.
[break][break]
"We... made it out..."
[break][break]
Sunlight gently filters through the canopy, warm in its brilliance that blankets the land. As they blindly believe in their luck and chase ideas that needn't hold weight, they find answers in the most unexpected of places. And in that rush of relief, she steps closer, quietly pulling Hideo into a hug.
[break][break]
"We did it..."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT