in the thick of it

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
in the thick of it
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2021 20:37:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

"Ok." Lyana saluted and began counting to twenty slowly. She hadn't done push-ups in a while, so Lyana was out of practice.[break][break]

The teen was ready and willing to show others that she was ready to become a cadet. Sometimes she wondered what would she have to prove to others in becoming a cadet.[break][break]

You would think doing push-ups would be easy sailing. However, for Lyana, it was kind of tiring. Her body would punish her later once she finished. She looked fit but she was getting tired. I can do this. She thought to herself.

[break][break]

+ ooc notes |

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#B75A52;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
in the thick of it
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 6:28:08 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

despite how easy it seemed, push-ups were far from it. the upper body strength to not only lift yourself up, and down, in a measured pace, but also the mental fortitude to keep going, even when your body was shaking with the effort.
[break][break]
his voice takes on an edge.
[break][break]
"how do you expect to carry yourself as an officer, when you're struggling with this basic task, cadet?"
[break][break]
greyson himself drops to the ground in-front of her, forearms laying against the warm rock. lyana needed to understand the path she was taking, and how difficult it really was.
[break][break]
this was just the beginning.
[break][break]
"lower. ninety degrees. these are basic instructions cadet. are you having trouble following them, or should we turn this into thirty?"
[attr="class","ooc"]@lyana | mission[break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-torterra"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-infernape"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-empoleon"]

[newclass=".artie"]--accent:#0093af; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
in the thick of it
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 19:16:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

He was right, how could she hold her own if she couldn't follow a simple task. You would think a young girl like her could easily do push-ups. She didn't have enough upper strength to push through each with ease.[break][break]

Lyana was trying her hardest and didn't want this to turn thirty push-ups. She followed his instructions. If her body could speak, it would say to stop and take things slow. She swatted the negative thoughts.[break][break]

"Yes, sir!" She continued with the push-ups as best as she could. The heat around the area made it difficult but Lyana stayed positive.

[break][break]

+ ooc notes |

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
in the thick of it
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2021 19:25:50 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

even if she wouldn't tell him, there was something else driving her. an unseen motivation that would make, or break her. the only question was which.
[break][break]
by the time she hits twenty, her arms are shaking just to keep her up. it was nothing to be ashamed about; his body reacted the same way, of course. but he wouldn't tell her that.
[break][break]
as she reaches the apex of the movement, he barks out a commad.
[break][break]
"hold."
[break][break]
greyson pushes himself to his feet.
[break][break]
"are you sure you're up for this cadet? it looks to me like you're one push-up away from quitting. or am i wrong?"

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-torterra"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-infernape"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-empoleon"]

[newclass=".artie blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
in the thick of it
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 18:42:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Lyana continued her push-ups until she heard Greyson telling her to stop. She held her position, mid-push up. Her body was already telling her to quit. She inhaled and exhaled slowly. She wanted to continue to prove her worth. However, her body was grateful for the pause.[break][break]

"Wha..." She quickly spoke. The blonde-haired female was focused on her push-ups but lost sight of her goal.[break][break]

Greyson was right. Her body was one push-up away from quitting. He saw right through her. Not even her lies could set this right. Laughing weakly as she spoke. "Yes...but.."[break][break]

She fought with herself internally. "I guess, you're right." Finally, Lyana was honest with herself. She could be positive and reject the idea of failing but she couldn't lie that her body had enough. "I'm not quitting on becoming a cadet." She nodded. The girl may have some faults but she didn't want to quit the path she sought out.

[break][break]

+ ooc notes |

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
in the thick of it
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2021 18:51:27 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

watching her shake from the effort, and exhaustion, reminded him of his early days. arceus, he hated push-ups. so much.
[break][break]
"recover."
[break][break]
a command only heard in situations like this. one that implored, heavily, that the cadet get back on their feet.
[break][break]
"not bad. twenty-three. it's more than what i asked for, but, i guess it shows initiative. get some water."
[break][break]
there was something off about her. something he couldn't place. it wasn't a bad thing, of course, but he still didn't think he had all the clues. he shrugs, however, letting the idea fall into entrophy.
[break][break]
"it's good to see you admitted your faults. pride, ego, they can hold a person back, and get someone killed, in the worst situations."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
in the thick of it
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2021 20:49:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Lyana stood back up and grabbed a water bottle from her backpack. "Phew..." She was relieved that she was able to take a break.[break][break]

She shuttered to think that she could get someone killed if she had never let go of her pride and ego. The girl was glad she let it go. "Yeah, that would be horrible if I didn't admit to them."

[break][break]

+ ooc notes |

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
in the thick of it
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2021 8:43:26 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

nearby, their pokemon spar. movements are slow, precise and pointed in a clear effort to break down fundamentals. he's glad her pokemon are so receptive to it.
[break][break]
"one day you're going to be put in charge of the lives of others." he leans against the warm rock, feeling it comfort him through his clothing. his arms cross, expression contemplative. "your decisions will carry more weight than you could imagine, and you won't be prepared."
[break][break]
"i need you to understand that."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
in the thick of it
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2022 22:57:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@lyana