1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
the wolf & the lamb [m]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 19:33:23 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar
[attr="class","ryder1"]

It was yet another day in paradise. Sort of…

The trainer let out a long sigh, warm gaze flickered over the large field. Maverick got the call that a farmer needed help protecting his livestock. And although it seemed like it would be a waste of his time, the burnt scarred man agree anyway and made the trip here. The farmer also offered cash and a special surprised if none of his livestock is harmed by the end of the day. It seemed easy enough. Taking in a deep breath, the man shifted his weight to stare at the worn out path way to the farm. He wondered who would be assisting him today because apparently, this job needed two people. Maverick let out a scoff, arms crossed over his chest. He had a fleet of houndooms. That should be plenty no matter what comes.

Speaking of which, the man let his gaze shifted over to see what his pack was up too. To no surprised, the three he had out with him remained by his side. The massive six foot seven hell hound lifted her nose to the incoming breeze, nostrils flared with the intake of the scents. She was to his left. To the trainer’s right, Azar sat regally. A snort escaped him, shifting his weight on his paws. Lastly, Lukas was a few paces away starting at the livestock. The mangled canine rested his bottom jaw on the fence, keeping his eyes pealed for trouble. If this wasn’t enough, he head three other houndooms at his disposal in his pocket. What could this partner possibly have that would be better than a pack of obedient canines?

for at verdanturf town doing wooloo who cry wolf. im really bad at starters so please dont judge me.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz
[newclass=".ryder"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 b"]font-weight:bold;color:#985B4B; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 i"]font-style:italic;color:#985B4B; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;margin-bottom:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
Mirror on the Wall
here we are again
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
Through my rise and fall, you've been my only friend
awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
the wolf & the lamb [m]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 15:20:27 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar

Oh how bold could she have been if she'd just strutted into the field, towards the man and his downright enormous Houndoom. Bold and stupid, mayhaps, because even from this distance they looked rather intimidating, the a point that even the Unovan needed a moment to reassess the situation after being completelt bewildered by the sudden sight. Brynnhildr was bold enough to do it, but not stupid enough to actually go and try. She valued her life a tad bit more than that.

The only thing she was certain of was the fact that this trainer had apparently been amicable enough to help the farmer out; and she fully well understood why he was the right person for the job. It actually made her wonder whether she was even needed for this job… Brynn could feel the small Galarian Ponyta at her feet tremble as it stared at the giant Houndoom, though she had to admit she wasn't certain whether this was due to fear or excitement. Bell had quite a few strange quirks like that; his curiosity would always reign victorious over his common sense. Yet today she was glad Bell didn't just bolt off like he'd otherwise do to go see what was up.

Well, either way. Guess this would be her partner for the job? Time to woman up, swallow that lump and get to it! "Uhm, excuse me? Are you the one the farmer mentioned would be helping with the Wooloo flock today?" Brynn asked carefully, regarding the scarred man from a still polite distance. It never hurt being too cautious when this many predatory canines were involved.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
the wolf & the lamb [m]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 17:16:30 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

It was Azula, the massive female houndoom by his side, that was the first to scent the female human approach. Her ruby orbs glared darkly through her rapidash skull eye holes at this stranger, a low rumble rattled in her chest to warn her master of the incoming person. Of course, this action got all their attention. The burnt scarred man’s own warm orbs shifted to see a pink haired woman moving towards them while Azar remained still and Lukas, only let his gaze flickered to the person briefly before retuning to the livestock. Maverick’s brow rose, spotting the ponyta by the woman’s side.

Luckily, the canine’s with him today were indeed well trained. Despite Azula’s previous hunting prowess and over protectiveness of her master and pack, the obedient creature only let out a low grumble of protest when the stranger was within range to have a conversation. Azar, remained still. And Lukas, too focused on the livestock to really care. Maverick cleared his throat, taking a few steps closer only to extend a hand for an offering of a handshake while his expression remained flat. “Yes. I am,” he replied, a brow rose, “The name is Maverick.” He paused, shoving his hands in his pockets. “Nice to meet you.”

for at verdanturf town doing wooloo who cry wolf. half distracted. x.x

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;margin-bottom:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
Mirror on the Wall
here we are again
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
the wolf & the lamb [m]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2021 3:49:08 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar

Rough as he was, equally polite he turned out to be, despite what his rugged looks would make him appear. He introduced himself as Maverick and offered Brynn a handshake, one she took and returned while introducing herself as well. "The pleasure's all mine. I'm Brynnhildr, though Brynn's fine." Her handshake was a sturdy one; stronger than that of a damsel in distress at least, not quite strong like a trained woman's shake would've been. Yet she could pretend with her skill, having shook many a hand in her position over the years. Something about using your opponent's strength against them, with the right amount of skill; except in hand-to-hand etiquette, if you will.

Now she'd gotten closer she realised the giant Houndoom wasn't the only one nearby, the other two weren't as big as this one, but still intimidating enough as is. If anything one could think the man was here to hunt the Wooloo down himself rather than protect them. Bell was still scuffling about nervously, but stared at Azula's rapidash skull with an almost entranced look in its eyes, debating whether to take the leap and get closer to the large Houndoom for inspection, or to remain in the safe vicinity of his owner. "Well then, Maverick, shall we get going? Although I don't think I'll be of much need with these fine specimen around." she'd gesture at his canines ever so briefly, then signaled at her own Ponyta to get going.

Maybe if they were lucky they'd be able to take care of the culprit instead of just guarding the flock of Wooloo. And if anything were to go amiss, she'd be able to help out as the local medic of sorts.

~ Thread: Wolf & Lamb
~ Hunt

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
the wolf & the lamb [m]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2021 16:35:09 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

The man let his gaze falter to the ponyta for a brief moment when the woman gestured to their team, remembering the days when his own shiny rapidash was young and the day of horse back riding training they attempted not to long ago. It was crazy to think how much time has passed sense he began his journey at the age of twenty two compared to present day, now almost thirty. Oh, how time flies.

It was clear to the man that he brought the better fighters against whatever was attacking these wooloo. A faint smirk tugged the edges of his lips, shoulder rose and fell in a shrug. “Yeah…” Maverick sighed casually, turning to head towards the fence, “So Miss Brynn. How do you want to do this?” He paused, a stiff nod to his hell hound made them dart in front of him. Azula took off, disappearing into the distance running along the fence line. The other two simply strolled in front of them, both eyes peeled for trouble. “Do you want to just patrol the fence line or live amongst the herd so to speak?”

for at verdanturf town doing wooloo who cry wolf. if you want to have a mod spawn in trouble after your post, go ahead!

close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
Mirror on the Wall
here we are again
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
the wolf & the lamb [m]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2021 20:20:29 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar

"Hmm… it might not be such a bad idea to check on the herd first. See how they're doing, and whether there's anything off regarding their behavior before we focus our attention on the fence patrol?" A casual suggestion, but one that had actual reasoning behind it. If they were lucky they could read the herd's behavior to see if there were already any predators nearby; or if there were parts of the fields the flock was trying to avoid. If they did it would most-likely be a chance to pinpoint where the predators came from, and which parts of the fence they had to keep an extra eye on.

The flock was grazing in the distance, not close enough to read their reactions, but close enough to keep them in their line of sight. The Galarian Ponyta had opted to follow the two Houndoom sauntering in front of them, almost comically prancing behind the canines, like it was performing a little dance to try and get their attention, though whether Bell would get it was another thing entirely.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
the wolf & the lamb [m]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2021 1:22:24 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
s!wooloo

in trouble!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

male or female - run away[break]
take down / cotton guard / defense curl / reversal / stomp

A POKEMON THAT EXPRESSES ITS SHINY PALETTE may be seen as valuable, but to the Pokemon in the wild, their coloration may only bring trouble. This Wooloo has been singled out by the Houndoom, able to be spotted more easily.[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

[break]
&
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
the wolf & the lamb [m]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2022 20:44:29 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Her suggestion seemed valid enough. And honestly, he didn’t mind either one. “Sounds good,” he mumbled in a pleased tone, moving his direction to head towards were he last saw the herd, “I’m sure my hounds will call if they run into trouble anyway.” It was true. Azula was off, already suing her remarkable hunting prowess to track down any near by trouble. Meanwhile, his other two beloved canine kept on high alert. Although neither of them had Azula’s advanced tracking skill, both could still scent out danger well enough.

Warm gaze fell upon the flock, noticing that Azar trotting up to a wooloo who was not like the rest. His bushy brows scrunched, casting a gaze at his partner. “How much do you know about livestock?” he inquiry, returning his attention back to his beloved canine as he approached the wooloo, “Is it normal for one of them to be away from the herd?” Azar let out a low growl at the wooloo, head lowed as he aimed to poke the shiny one to get it to move. However, the creature seemed frozen in fear. What was going on?

for at verdanturf town doing wooloo who cry wolf. not the best. sorry about the wait!

close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
Mirror on the Wall
here we are again
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
the wolf & the lamb [m]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2022 23:28:05 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar

"Not quite, but when some of our projects were still in their beta phases, local farmers were kind enough to have their pokémon checked by us. A Mareep farmer in particular had some very interesting stories to tell about his herd. And seeing Mareep and Wooloo are of a similar animal family... I'm quite sure they have similar tell-tale signs too." she replies, eyes now too set upon the oddly-colored Wooloo. It seems nervous, not daring to move an inch as the Houndoom circle around it, even prodding it with their nose to get it to move. Yet it didn't budge, frozen in place. Brynnhildr frowned, getting closer to the Wooloo to examine it.

"It's not supposed to. Most of the times they stray because they're either curious, or something frightened them. A flight reflex when pr she said, checking the black sheep-pokémon for injuries. It allowed her to get close, still frozen stiff, and flinched only briefly when her hands wandered its wooly coat. It started relaxing a little bit, yet the nervosity in its eyes remained as they flicked left and right, as if they were searching for something. There were a few scratches on its paws, but nothing that could rule out a previous predator attack. It could've just as much cut itself on stray branches or rocks dotting the fields.

When the Wooloo tensed again, she started slowly shushing it, and without standing up nor breaking eye-contact addressed Maverick. "I think whatever's scaring it is still nearby. Close enough for the Wooloo to pick up its scent again, at least."

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
the wolf & the lamb [m]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 0:54:00 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Maverick was, once again, luckily to be paired with someone who knew a thing or two about livestock. Crimson colored orbs watched the oddly colored wooloo, curious as to what could be the problem. If his houndoom didn’t scare it enough to move, than surely something out there was more dangerous than that. Yet as the woman approached and examined it, the man listened to what she had to stay.

It was when she mentioned that something was near by that was scaring it that made the man feel tense. His gaze lifted, eyes narrowed as he searched for a sigh of this predator. Suddenly, a howl erupted from their left. Soon after, another howl rang out. “They must of found it,” he spoke out loud, turning to the woman and meeting her gaze, “Do you wanta check it out together or stay with the frighten wooloo?”

for at verdanturf town doing wooloo who cry wolf. please dont hate me. this isnt very good but hoping to maybe finish soonish?

close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
Mirror on the Wall
here we are again
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
the wolf & the lamb [m]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 1:45:34 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar

"Its moreso hoping that whatever frightened it is alone," she replied with a worried frown as she looked at the wool'd sheep still very much petrified and unmoving. She didn't want to leave it alone, but every moment they wasted not going after whatever the Houndoom found was a moment lost. It'd be better if they went out there and get to the root of the problem by getting rid of the culprit altogether; which was in every way the best and long-term solution. With a soft huff Brynnhildr reached in her pocket and pulled out a pokéball.

"Alright Krokorok, can you keep an eye out for this little guy here? I'm counting on you!" she smiled, patting the croc on the head when it looked at its charge and nodded, having understood the assignment clearly. Bell was eager to stay behind as well, but Brynn found herself less inclined to let the rascal out of her sight and moved it along in the direction of the Houndooms' warning howl. She then looked back at Maverick and nodded as well. "I do think you're better at this than I am, but I'll follow if you lead the way. Let's go catch the little bastard scaring the fluffball!" she said, surprisingly sounding a tad bit too eager on getting some action going on.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
the wolf & the lamb [m]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 15:13:22 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Crimson colored orbs fell upon the woman who accompanied him, silently observing as she called her Krokorok and ordering it to guard that poor oddly colored wooloo. Maverick couldn’t help his gaze locking onto the dark and ground type. He already had his own fully evolved Krookodile, but the pulled to dark types was one he always had a hard time resisting. However, it was the howls of his canines that got him to pay attention to the task at hand.

Maverick gave her a firm nod, moving to follow the calls of his beloved hell hounds that rang out periodically. “I have trained my canines well in the art of tracking with the help of Azula,” the man mumbled in an attempt to make small talk, which he was very poorly at doing, “She has a good nose and can find anything with ease. She trained several of my other houndoom on this art.” It was true. Azula’s nose was godly, even for a creature who already had a great sense of smell. She could find anything, making Maverick’s life much easier when it came down to tracking.

It didn’t take too long from them to finally reach to howls. Upon arrival, it was Azula and Lukas who had trapped the creature that could have been startling the wooloo. To Maverick surprised, it was a lone male uproar that his canine’s have cornered. It roared with life, swapping at his canines in an attempt to get them to back off. His gaze shifted to his mission partner, a brow rose in puzzlement. “Do you think it was that pyroar? I don’t think they are normally in this area.”

for at verdanturf town doing wooloo who cry wolf. rpg said its a pyroar. lol.

close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
Mirror on the Wall
here we are again
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
the wolf & the lamb [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 0:41:49 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar

"A... a Pyroar? What's it even doing here?" she actually had to do a double-take on the fiery lion as it roared and tried to lash out at the Houndoom that kept it cornered. "I mean, the fact your Houndoom have tracked it leaves little doubt this is in fact what we're looking for, especially with how skillful you've said they are. So unless someone purposely released their Pyroar nearby, it shouldn't even be remotely close to this area."

Seeing how violently it was trying to defend itself, Brynnhildr was quite certain they wouldn't be able to just chase it off. It'd come back if they didn't take care of it properly; which meant subdueing it and making sure it got relocated. An extra step not included in their job description, alas. "I think it's for the best if we subdue it. Chasing it off would be wholely irresponsible." she said, only to flinch and inch behind Maverick when the Pyroar roared again, spewing a flamethrower to keep the Houndoom at bay. Although there was still a safe distance between the trainers and the pokémon, she didn't show much intention of moving back beside him. She only realised what she was doing after a moment and looked away momentarily. "S-sorry, I'm not really good with pokémon battling and such, so I might have to rely on you for this." she muttered apologetically.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
the wolf & the lamb [m]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2023 17:42:23 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

The young woman seemed just as surprised as he at the sight of the pyroar. His crimson fell upon the wild creature as his other canine came to help the other two keep the pyroar from running. The three continue to harsh the big cat, Azula getting the most enjoyment out of the three.The fire and normal type was out number, three to one. And more than likely, out strength as well. It shifted into self dense, eyes wide looking for a way out of its predicament. Even as it sent a flamethrower at his canines, they dodged it with easy and continued their taunt.

Maverick hummed to himself, taking in Brynnhilder’s suggestion even when she darted behind him. Of course, Maverick didn’t flinch when the flames spew from the lion like creature. He merely watched. To his surprised however learning that the woman wasn’t particularly good at battling, did raised a brow. “Interesting,” he mumbled, more out of curiosity than suspicion, “Yes. I can handle that.” Good thing think she was paired with an ex gym leader.

Determination fell upon his facial features. Battle mode engaged. “Knock it out,” he barked, tone darkened while he casted a warning glare at Azula knowing his canine all too well, “And don’t kill it Azula.”

The massive six foot seven hell hound snarled, ignoring her master in favor of an easy kill. Lukas lurched forward, muzzle parted ready to bite down on the Pyroar’s back leg. But the feline was swift, twisting to bite at him. Little did the lion know, Lukas was merely a distraction. Azar’s muzzle parted, fangs enlarged aiming to SUPER FANG on the Pyroar shoulder. And while Azar did that, Azula also went in for a bite. Razor sharp teeth dug deep into the felines back, the CRUNCH making the pyraor scream in pain. It turned its attention to her, though Azar pushed his weight into the creature. It forced the creature to stumble into Lukas, only for him to help in the creature down. In minutes, the pyroar was out cold.

“It’s done,” the man mumbled, watching his canines snarl at the creature, “I’ll call this in if you want to check on the livestock. Tell them we took are of it.” His crimson orbs shifted to the woman, giving her a nod. It was to reassure her he took care if it, but whether thats what she received is another story.

for at verdanturf town doing wooloo who cry wolf. pyroar down. thanks for waiting for me! if you wanna wrap it up and summit it!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
the wolf & the lamb [m]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 3:06:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: