Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Under My Wheels [C]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 10:43:56 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","dangerhead"]

[attr="class","dangerbody"]

[attr="class","dangericon"]

[attr="class","dangertxt"]
The winter season had little effect on the finely maintained shrubs and flowers surrounding the estate. Afternoon sun reflected off walls of white granite, the wrought iron gate ajar to allow the house's matriarch to return at her leisure. Within, beyond even more fine flora that bordered the drive and walkways stood a gorgeous two story house.
[break][break]
Large windows allowed light in, balconies topped the veranda that wrapped around its structure, and the dark teak doors locked away the wonders of the interior from the outside world. Should someone grasp the gilded knockers and rap upon them, they would slowly creak ajar to reveal a ribombee.
[break][break]
''Ribombee. Bom.'' The bowtie wearing bee held one of the double doors wide to allow the visitor inside. Typically there were few visitors for the young master of the house, but as of late it seemed there were a rash of them. While the boy had been injured it was understandable to see so many well wishers.
[break][break]
He was well on the mend now, however.
[break][break]
''Bombee?'' The butler offered to take any burdensome garments the young man didn't feel the need for indoors, and if provided with something it would be hung upon the coat rack beside the door. ''Ribombee.'' Asked to wait there, and illustrated with a simple wait gesture the little pokemon buzzed off to fetch the man of the house.
[break][break]
''Yo.'' Andy appeared at the top of a grand double staircase a few moments later, portrait of some dead relative behind him on the wall. The youth's casual clothing clashed with the elaborate surroundings. Amused, the Galarian leaned on the polished wood railing with his cane-absent arm. ''Is this the first time you've been to my aunt's place?''

[attr="class","dangerfoot"]

[attr="class","dangertag"]

[attr="class","dangernotes"]

--

[attr="class","dangercredits"]cyan of pixel perfect

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt b]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag a]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Under My Wheels [C]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2021 1:18:40 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
"Yeah." Doug said airily after he finished taking in their lavish surroundings, his eyes falling unto Andy. For a moment, his blank face twitched, before a small smile stretched over his lips.

He did his best to greet the Ribombee Butler as politely as possible, before dedicating himself to mostly ignoring its presence entirely- Pokemon Butlers and Maids made him think of things he rather not for a while.

Hands in his jacket pockets and posture lax, the youth looked a lot like he had when they first met- a regression of sorts, given the military discipline that had characterized his body language until just recently.

"'Ey, yer lookin' a lot better. Did Hideo swin' by 'ere recently?" He asked as he began approaching the grand staircase, swaggering his way up with a lazy sway to his every step. "Sorry for droppin' by on a short notice. Just needed to see ya for m'self, s'all."

Several weeks back when they had been unfortunate enough to answer Councilman 's call, Doug had been forced to sit for several hours with the honest belief that had been killed by an Eldritch monster, and he had been completely useless and incapable of helping.

Seeing the other youth looking, frankly speaking, chiller than he had in months, was something of a therapeutic experience.

TAG: @
close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Under My Wheels [C]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2021 10:41:36 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

It had been a while since Doug had made an appearance out of uniform. Surely that only lended to the casual nature of his visit. Despite the smile, it looked a bit like the older trainer had seen a ghost. It was partly fitting given Andy's own specialty of choice. His words cemented it, as if he thought the Galarian was dead.
[break][break]
''Hideo is practically a regular here, even if I can't teach him dancing anymore.'' There was a familiar tone of bitterness, but there was little reason to retread the lamentation of his injuries. Speaking of, ''his monkey thing keeps me going, even after supernatural janitorial work.'' It was thoughtful of Doug to come check up on him.
[break][break]
Others might have sent a text
[break][break]
''Sadly its abilities don't get the metal out of my leg.'' While it occurred to him to keep things lighthearted, since the older teen was his most respected League representative, it had to be asked... ''Just curious, you think there's any merit to a reckless endangerment lawsuit? I know that shit probably sounds rich coming from me, but there's a difference between planning for danger and being conned into it.''

--

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Under My Wheels [C]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2021 20:58:47 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
"Super-what now?" He asked wryly as he came to stand in front of the other boy, leaning an elbow, then the rest of his body against the railing. "... Wait, Monkey?"

He realized then that it had been a while since he had actually spoken with , one on one, without a lot of people around them to keep them distracted.

Maybe he should try harder to actually speak with the boy next time they saw one another.

His gaze drifted down to 's leg at the mention of irons, tilting his head.

He wondered if perhaps he could-

No.

Don't try it.

"... What, against Councilman ?" Doug asked at Andy's unexpected inquiry, blinking down at the youth.

His mouth opened to immediately say no, the guy's untouchable at the moment with all the Sootopolis nonsense going on- but he paused before he could disappoint Andy, his hand coming to cup his own chin in thought.

"Not alone, nah." He said simply, brow furrowing. "Ya would need to prove what happened... and if any of those present were, for whatever reason, persuaded to keep silent or serve as opposing testimony..."

Well, that would be as far as it would go.

"Yer young, too. They might not take ya seriously, even if it gets to court." He said, before pausing. "But. I do remember there being... several others unhappy with what happened there."

One particular man came to mind.

Doug very lazily reached into his backpocket, producing his wallet and pulling out a perfect, elegant business card. The name was written across it.

"I don't know him personally, but you could say we know each other professionally."

A very face-saving way of saying Mr. Del Mar had paid for Doug's property damage. Not that he hadn't helped cause it or anything!

"He's a very powerful man, and I think he was talkin' 'bout pressing charges...? I dunno if he was serious, but might want to get into contact with him."

He shrugged his shoulders.

"Even if he ain't- well, the kids club will stand with ya, man. Dunno how serious they'll take the testimony from a bunch of kids- but I think a gym leader's word and the Saint of Slateport's should at least shake a few hearts. The rest- Uh. I guess we can only pray."

Bingo Prompt: "Prayers"
close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Under My Wheels [C]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 10:33:19 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

His wordplay seemed to throw the Kantonian for a loop, but no further explanation was offered. There were more important topics than the sham that the church clean up had been or Hideo's miraculous healing zarude. Clarification was almost proffered at the mention of the Father's name, but Doug quicky put two and two together.
[break][break]
He looked like he wanted to answer no outright.
[break][break]
''Persuaded? Are you suggesting some conspiracy is afoot or that I buy off the other attendees?'' Money was typically expended to get him out of trouble rather than cause it, but after letting off without a lawsuit, the Galarian was starting to view transgressions a lot less mercifully, and given his ruthlessness that was saying something.
[break][break]
''Too young to be taken seriously?'' His tone was lined with offense. ''I suppose every kidnapper and molester is just allowed free reign in this shitpot region then? Their victims are too young to be taken seriously?'' It was uncertain whether Doug actually thought that or was just trying to dissuade him from taking any action.
[break][break]
''We shouldn't need just cash and prayers if an injustice was committed. But I'll consider your buddy, whoever it might be, so long as is isn't a fucking Silph.'' Surely something would be left on site to lend credence to their cause, but then so much about the situation had not been sensible or malleable to any action. Perhaps this too would allow him him no recourse.
[break][break]
How was he to be spurred to save the world when it deserved to burn this much?

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Under My Wheels [C]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2021 23:33:48 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
Misunderstandings were aplenty as Doug very carefully tried to maneuver his far savvier friend away from the brick wall that was 's political career.

While he truly believed Andy and whoever else joined him on this crusade were entirely in the right to take matters to court, he also truly believed the stars AND planets would need to be aligned before the full might of the law was capable of making Father Bill Anderson so much as flinch.

Not that he thought the man was lacking in moral standing- he was a man of the lord after all- but he doubted a man so high up the religious ladder could truly be prosecuted.

There was too much influence there.

The subject eventually changed to more fun, amicable subjects, and the two spent a long time together, easing Doug's worries and anxiety considerably.

Eventually, the subject of Galar's future was breached... and Andy's plans to return to his ancestral home were voiced...

Sadly, The end.

Bingo Prompt: "Stars Align"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights