Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
History Repeats [C]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 15:17:35 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","exhausted"]So what if you can see the darkest side of me?
[attr="class","rhythm"]
no one would ever

change this animal

I have become

Warm ocean breeze whistled through the boarded up windows of the dilapidated shack where Rowan waited for Mint to arrive, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed while his capture struggled against secure bindings, letting out muffled cries of help. "Shut up." He delivered a solid kick to the leg of the chair, causing the man to quiet down for the time being.

This was a different type of evaluation than the one he'd been conducting with the other prominent members of Rocket, a test of more than just their ability to battle. From their previous conversation, Mint seemed to be similar to how he'd once seen himself, and that was troublesome. Rowan had barely survived his induction to the true nature of the organization at Theo's hands, he didn't want another to go through the same thing.

It's funny then, how he was presenting almost the same situation as the admin once presented to him.

Deja Vu.

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤ Eat your heart out theo
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,676 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
History Repeats [C]
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 3:11:08 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

The call is strange, and vague but it gave him the feeling that attendance wasn’t optional. It wasn’t Row, the guy he’d talked about old Johto art at a café once. The person that’d put in the request have been Rowan, Rocket Beast, rank and all. The brief, if any, had simply been a date and time. Gelatto is absent this time, as he tended to spoil the Ninetails. He didn’t want him to be apart of this. Unsure of what exactly is going to happen, whether its at this shack or elsewhere, Mint had donned another disguise, and dark, but tight clothes. Just in case. [break][break]

Not that there was much to worry about in Sootopolis anymore, but he was still ever cautious. Better to take care of it today than worry about it tomorrow. He gave a soft knock at the door before he heard muffled sounds on the other side. His eyebrows furrowed together, and he tried the door. Open. [break][break]

It’s dark but even in the low light he can still identify two silhouettes. One in a chair, the other standing next to them. He felt uneasy, and the feeling began to drip down through like. Slow and steady, looking to crescendo if Mint didn’t focus. “Grunt…reporting as requested.” He said, voice level as he forced himself to look at Rowan before back at the stranger in the chair. They’re conscious, he can see the chest moving and here strained breathing. “I apologize, I didn’t bring any sedative for babysitting.” He added. They’d have to knock them out the old fashioned way.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a4d6d1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
History Repeats [C]
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 20:09:37 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
no one would ever

change this animal

I have become

"Sedatives won't be necessary." Rowan assured as he stepped around to the front of the man, gripping the edge of the duct tape over their mouth with a cautionary tone in his voice. "Keep quiet, will you? My associate have some details to discuss." A solid yank ripped the gag from their skin, allowing them to speak, though the man wouldn't dare.

"We've rounded up this Grunt who decided being loyal to Rocket was merely a suggestion."
He went on to explain, turning towards Mint now with a grim look in his eyes. "This individual has leaked vital information to members of the League, compromising a number of our agents and safehouses." The man in question began to protest, only for Rowan to jab a finger pointedly into their chest. "No comments from the accused."

Amber eyes shifted towards Mint once more, stepping aside to allow them a clear path to the man. "I need you to find out what he exposed and who he informed. I'll leave the method of...extraction...up to you." With that, Rowan stepped aside to resume his place against the wall, arms crossed over his chest.

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤ monka
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,676 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
History Repeats [C]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2021 0:00:50 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He nodded immediately, staying put as the Beast spoke. Blue contact eyes trained on his superior officer before slowly moving back to the grunt. Loyalty. He felt ice drip down his spine and it brought up a memory from when he’d landed himself in the saunas with . He’d said wouldn’t need to kill him, as long as he didn’t betray Rocket. Mint had tried to laugh but Jayden’s eyes had been intense. He hadn’t dared back then. It had been a warning after all, and for a moment, he’d forgotten all the good will he’d built up with the other Beast. It seemed the other grunt was aware they were in hot water. Though, it seemed Mint’s understanding and theirs were a little different. But he wouldn’t think on that right now. [break][break]

The task is straightforward enough, though it’s a little nerve wracking with a Beast staring from the shadows. Still, he’s done just as bad while trying to recoup the money he’d lent out. He was a little loan shark; he could get this info. He stood in front of the other grunt, looking him over. How long had they had him here? He dind’t recognize them, and he doubted they recognized Mint. Even without a disguise he was a dime a dozen. “Who did you sell out for protection in the League? Probably some people you dind’t like, right?” he began. [break][break]

The grunt, tight lipped from before looked increasingly uncomfortable. He wasn’t sure if he was right or not. “Or did you go further, and sell out someone you trusted? Someone you actually liked?” He looked like the desperate kind but…desperate to get out of Rocket? Mint couldn’t relate. They fidgeted a bit more, averting their gaze and over at Rowan. Mint called out his Luxray, red eyes shining in the dark. “Look here.” He asked kicking the guy’s shin lightly. His head whipped down, locking eyes with the electric type as it immediately bared its fangs and Intimidated the traitor. The breathing became labored again, and Mint managed to stay calm for now. “The longer you make the boss wait, the more likely it is Caccio will eat you alive.” It wasn’t a threat. Caccio would do it, if he even sensed he had permission to. He would’ve eaten the corpse him and jayden had to dump, but that body had already been rotting for a few days. Not good enough for him then.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
History Repeats [C]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2021 16:47:19 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
no one would ever

change this animal

I have become

"I didn't do anything!" The man cried out, forcing themselves against the bindings. "H-he's lying! I-I saw Wrynn talking with Melody Miro on the submarine, before the invasion! He's trying to get rid of me, you've got to believe me!" Rowan let out a small chuckle from the darkness, kicking a dried apricorn across the room that had been gathering dust on the floor.

"Clever attempt to shift the blame, but my entire conversation with her was recorded." He offered a small shrug before glancing back towards Mint, gesturing to continue the questioning.

"Y-you can't do this, you don't have any proof that I did anything!" Their voice was becoming desperate, almost on the verge of tears as they cautiously watched the Luxray lurking in the shadows. "I've been with Rocket for years!"

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,676 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
History Repeats [C]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2021 3:39:14 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Mint didn’t have a goddamn clue to what the hell the guy was talking about, but he doesn’t look at Rowan for confirmation. That’d show weakness, wouldn’t it? He restrained himself, his Luxray letting out a low growl the more agitated the turncoat got. It’s only when the Beast spoke up that he looked back at him, trying to gage anything else that might’ve been useful. Honestly, he didn’t know exactly what he was looking for. [break][break]

“Why’d you run?” Mint asked. He was tied up in this shack for a reason after all. Those loyal to Rocket didn’t just end up in shit like this. “You’ve been here longer than I have, so you’d have something to show Rocket for it, right?” he said raising his eyebrows at the man. [break][break]

“W-What can I do a-against a Beast-?” [break][break]

“Even a newly inducted one? What about your years of loyalty?” Mint countered evenly. He wasn’t looking at Rowan, eyes locked on his target. “What did the League offer you to make you turn?” he continued. There’s more protests of ignorance, of being framed, of everything being a misunderstanding but the fact of the matter was actions spoke louder than words here. Unlike his youth, pretty words meant nothing. Decisive action did. And he can see some similarity between the traitor and his clients. The wild look in their eyes matched. The inability to accept blame, the tiresome way he had to wring truth out of them. Like pulling teeth, except a lot more blunt force. [break][break]

He’s saying something but Mint isn’t listening. “Taze him.” Caccio moved in swiping his claws at the grunt’s leg and administering a Thundershock. His fur crackled with static as he did. Mint’s eyes are narrowed. He’s thinking. He dind’t know anything about this idiot, just that he blamed Rowan even though Rowan just…for what he knew there? Something about Melody…the gym leader? He vaguely remembered her name from the Sootopolis Raid Report. This kind of thing was always slow going, but nothing he hadn’t dealt with before. Loan sharking a few months had at the very least gotten him used to administering violence onto others. He didn’t realize that Lillycove had just been a toe dip into the ocean for Rocket.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
History Repeats [C]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2021 18:23:03 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
no one would ever

change this animal

I have become

A swipe of the paw caused electricity to course violently through the traitor, howls of pain escaping clenched teeth as they convulsed against the bindings that held them in place. Amber eyes watched the scene carefully, acknowledging how easily this sort of behavior seemed to come to Mint, perhaps indicating a side of the man that he wasn't aware of. 

"Safety..." The man croaked out, weakened and debilitated from the experience. "...from people like you..." An eyebrow raised from Rowan, watching for Mint's reaction to the answer, curious. "I joined Rocket because I was broke and owed people money, but I don't want to do this anymore! They promised me a way out!" They shouted, voice strained with fear and agony. "I don't want to hurt people anymore..."

Rowan stepped forward and produced a picture from inside of his jacket, a young woman who Mint could only assume had meaning to the man.
"If you don't want to her to get hurt, then you'll tell us who you spoke to." Tears glimmered at the corners of the man's eyes, swallowing the lump in his throat before nodding. "I met with..." The names of rangers and officers were rattled off, details given about the extent of what they'd divulged.

Satisfied, Rowan tossed the picture onto the floor and produced something else from the confines of his jacket. A hand extended the gun towards Mint, holding it by the barrel for them to accept.
"Kill him."

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,676 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
History Repeats [C]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2021 3:04:36 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Loyalty was everything to this organization. Loyalty made them strong, kept them safe. So many sought to destroy the crime ring, threats inside and out. He dind’t doubt there were people eager to take Rocket for their own gain, he’d heard the whispers swirling. He’d witnessed first hands what wavering loyalties got you with . There wasn’t a way out of this unless you died and somehow managed to come back to life. This guy had just failed to follow through. “The League can’t even keep a city safe. What made you think they could hide their informants?” He said evenly.

But the man’s words, his fear It unnerves him. He had joined Rocket for the same reasons, but less desperate. Less to lose too. And sure, he didn’t like hurting people…but he needed to. That was his job now. Even if Caccio took the brunt of it. For the Luxray, this was playing with his food. He was a hunter; a survivor and it was only by his graces and pity that Mint was still standing and allowed to be the cat’s handler. Even if he hesitated, even if he force, Caccio would push him through it and help him finish it. Rowan moved forward and Mint glanced over to see what it was. The picture got a reaction out of the man. He became tense, eyes wide, face paler than it already had been. [break][break]

As the names flow, Mint is quick to pull out something to write with. Immediately he’s scribbling down every scrap of info the grunt had leaked. “Got it.” Mint murmured as he moved to hand over the notebook with names. Instead, his hand gently bumped into a gun, loaded he assumed. Now its Mint’s turn to look pale. At first, he was confused, then concerned as the Beast held out the weapon to him. He didn’t take it immediately though after a moment of the other man standing there he begrudgingly did. He felt heavy in his grip, and he felt his heartrate spiking. His heart began to thump loudly in his ears, but this isn’t like the usual ‘a cute boy made eyes at me’ kind of thing. He felt cold, shaky. The world is almost unsteady were it not for his pokemon’s presence, warm from Caccio’s flank soaking in slowly onto his leg. [break][break]

Even now the tip of the gun pointed limply to the ground. By now the grunt in the chair is silent too, but grim. “What?” the blonde couldn’t help but utter as he stared at the gun in his hands. He held it by the…handle, fingers shaking as he avoided sticking his index in the trigger well. “I- I don’t-…I’ve never shot a-…a gun before?” he added, this time a little faster as he finished processing his next task. Holy shit he hadn’t even held a gun before until just now. He wanted to drop the gun. There’s no way- Green eyes shift to the other grunt who’s eyes move from Mint to Rowan. Mint shivered like he’d been locked in a refrigerator. Idly, he held the gun, adjusting his grip to something akin to what he’d seen in the movies. The Barrel moved to the side, still pointing to the floor. As he tried to inspect it further, one of his fingers caught the trigger, causing a flash and an impossibly loud noise while his arm shot up in the air from the recoil. “SHIT-!" His breathing hitched as he began to try not to panic while holding a loaded fire arm.

[break][break]

+ advent day 13: refrigerator [break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
History Repeats [C]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2021 3:34:04 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
no one would ever

change this animal

I have become

Rowan winced as the gun went off uncomfortably close in his direction, taking a measured step backwards towards the wall. "Arceus, be careful." At least Mint hadn't seemed to notice, that was fortuitous. Once the perceived danger had passed, Rowan moved over to Mint and grabbed the firearm from their loose grip. "Hold it like this." He demonstrated how to properly hold the gun, finger over the trigger well and grip firm on the handle. "Point and squeeze the trigger, simplest thing you'll ever do."

Once more the weapon was transferred to Mint, hoping they would prove more careful this time. The grunt was horrified, unsure if this was some sort of intimidation tactic or they really intended to have his life ended by someone who seemed so inept. Even so, the fear of demise left them silent, sweating heavily despite the cool ocean breeze that permeated the holes in the building.

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,676 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
History Repeats [C]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2021 4:22:15 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Mint isn’t paying attention to what comes out of the end of his gun. He’s untrained, and the lack of experience forced his eyes shut and his head away. It’s a miracle the gun didn’t fall out of his hands. Caccio’s hackles raised, irritated, and upset by the noise and the flash. The smell of gunpowder is heavy in the air, and it burnt Mint’s nose. The grunt was the one about to die by the entire discharge plucked the smallest of tears at his eyes that he tried to blink away. Slowly, Rowan’s hands cover his own and he tensed. He was sure the beast could feel him shaking and could the smell in his sweat. [break][break]

Even after he’s told what to do, the gun in his hands still shook and their victim isn’t sure how that’s going to hit anything. He doesn’t verbalize it though, horror dawning on him as he realized this wouldn’t even be a clean execution but something botched and agonizing. There’s quiet, as the Beast stepped away, and Mint is solely in change of holding the gun. He tried to keep control of his breathing, and lock his arms, square his shoulders. [break][break]

His breathing is labored, and harsh and loud in his own ears. He was gripping the firearm so tightly his knuckles went white, and his fingers were slowly cramping into position, locking up around the gun. At least it wasn’t at risk to go flying out of his hands today. This thing had fired and while it had been too dark to see where the bullet went, he had still felt it, felt all of it. Maybe it wasn’t as gruesome as strangling him or stabbing him, but he still felt something. It seemed weapons like this weren’t as impersonal as he’d hoped. Caccio’s eyes flash in the darkness, stepping behind Mint in case there was another misfire. He moved his index to the trigger well, finger pad moving into position on the trigger. The shaking grew worse, spreading up his arms, half fear half exertion. But he’s as ready as he’ll ever be. He steeled himself for the recoil before pulling the trigger. [break][break]

There’s a sudden flash and the one I the chamber blew forward with a loud BANG! The grunt let out a scream, one last desperate sob before the end. Smoke billowed out of his gun, and Mint is braced for the worst.

[break][break]

+ | notes [break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
History Repeats [C]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2022 3:39:38 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
no one would ever

change this animal

I have become

“Congratulations, Mint." Rowan offered as the ringing from the gunfire faded away, stepping forward to scoop the weapon from his hand once more. "Your loyalty has been affirmed. You can open your eyes, now." As Mint did, he'd see that the prisoner was very much still alive, strapped to the chair and sobbing violently. A hand raised to his ear, pressing down on the communicator. "You can come dispose of the traitor now." Footsteps pounded towards the door behind them, the entryway swinging open and a series of Grunts pouring in to drag the subject of their interrogation out of the building.

"Sorry for the theatrics." He reached up and pulled the mask away from his face, walking over and flipping on the light of the single dangling overhead lightbulb. "You're making a name for yourself in the organization and certain higher ups wanted to make sure we could count on you should things get...messy." Without a doubt they most certainly would, at some point.

"You want a drink?" Rowan pulled a bottle off one of the shelves and twisted the cap off, handing the whiskey towards Mint should he want it. "I know I did, when Admin Beckett put me through the same thing." Only difference was, Rowan watched his torture subject die with his own eyes.

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,676 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
History Repeats [C]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2022 3:58:42 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He hadn’t realized he’s shut his eyes until Rowan’s voice made him open them. Still shaking, still not breathing. The gun felt heavy in his hands and even Cacio’s weight on his leg wasn’t doing him good. His eyes flickered over to the beast as they took the gun from him, there’s no fight when they do. He didn’t feel like he’d done well with it. Quiet, hurried sobs pulled his attention back to the grunt in the chair, still alive and unscathed. “Wha-?” he mumbled, suddenly numb as he realized he’d missed his shot. Again. [break][break]

Was he disappointed about it? Had he wanted him dead? The notion made his blood run cold. He swallowed hard as Rowan spoke, issuing directives to someone else for a change. This was…so much harder than chopping up a dead body into chum. But it still made him feel just as queasy. “I am?” his words are quiet with disbelief. Someone was…watching him? Had done this? That’s the only person he knew personally that was a higher up in Rocket, and that was simply through happy coincidence. [break][break]

But that’s good, isn’t it? That’s what he wanted. That’s why he was trying so hard. This was just another hurdle to get over in Rocket. And in retrospect, it wasn’t even that high right? Bile rose in his throat, and he swallowed hard to force it back down. Don’t. Not in front of your supervisor. Not here. “Y-You didn’t the s-same thing?” he asked. His eyes moved towards the bottle. He was shaking fiercely, cold and sweaty. And it smelled. It smelled. He smelled. He smelled like fear. His armpits were hot. He took the bottle carefully. His Luxray eyed him unsure of how good of an idea this was. But Mint didn’t care if it was a good idea. He didn’t care about anything right now. He didn’t want to think about this. He needed to be ok now. He could process his feelings on this later, in private. [break][break]

The grunt braced himself, knocking back a gulp of whiskey. His face scrunched up immediately and his mouth burned, and its hard to swallow but he did so anyway. It’s hot. His body wanted to shrivel up and burn from it, but Mint his best to stand fast, looking away from Rowan to hide his face until he felt better. Liquor settled into his belly, and it felt like he’d swallowed molten metal. “Um…thanks.” He said, gripping the bottle so tight his knuckles were turning white. He exhaled through his nose trying to slowly his heartrate and control his breathing. Be ok. He needed to be ok. He was ok with this. That guy could have compromised so many people, so many of his friends. It was necessary. “I-It’s funny…I d-didn’t expect this k-kind of thing when I t-told and I wanted t-to try training more.” He’d expected unending physical torture to improve his physique. Not…whatever this had been.

[break][break]

+ | notes [break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
History Repeats [C]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2022 4:50:23 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","exhausted"]Fly me to the moon
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“When I went through this for the first time, I didn’t realize how much better off I was for it.” Rowan stepped towards the door and gently closed it with a hand, keeping his tone even and emotionless for the benefit of them both. “One day you’ll be forced to do the real thing, and you’ll be able to draw on this experience to soften the blow. Nothing will take away the ultimate guilt of having snuffed out another life, but you won’t be as miserable as you would have been unprepared.”

and had prepared him for taking a life, told him what to expect and showed him the gruesome results of the action. Without them, he might not have been able to recover from the brink of darkness that killing Noah Faber’s Pokémon had sent him into. “I haven’t killed a person yet, but I can’t avoid it forever. It’s the reality of what we do, Mint. Freedom comes with a price, and if we aren’t willing to meet it then we will never truly succeed.”

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,676 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
History Repeats [C]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2022 0:46:40 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Rowan’s words were clear and level, but the weight of them began to crush on Mint. As he spoke, Mint felt a flash of emotion run through him. His body reacting viscerally to the reality he was now stuck in and squirming as a result. He didn’t move but he felt his body react nevertheless as if screaming from an agony it has yet to feel and wishes to never feel. But he could. And he would, when the time came. He had to. The memory of a body flashed before his eyes. Jayden’s calm words echoing in the back of his mind without meaning as he had stared down at the dead person. That thing had once been like him, conscious. Intelligent. [break][break]

He didn’t sit, his legs locking him into place and threatening to buckle on him if he tried to move. Instead, he took one more swig of whiskey, recoiling as it ran down his throat and burned with a vengeance. He set the bottle down carefully after gesturing at Rowan with it and setting it on the table. He looked at Rowan as he spoke of his own experience, eyes still wide with shock and panic. There’s quiet for a minute, Mint staring the Beast down unblinkingly before turning away his head. “I-If…I’m meant to do this later then…why didn’t you make me kill him?” [break][break]

It felt like he’d spilled everything on the pain of death. But then again, maybe Mint wasn’t ready for that either as much as he said he was. Having the resolve, and pulling the trigger could be two completely different things.

[break][break]

+ | notes [break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
History Repeats [C]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2022 1:04:56 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","exhausted"]Fly me to the moon
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“Because…” Rowan began, making sure to lock eyes with them so there was no doubt in what he was saying. “...you shouldn’t have to kill someone.” A hand gestured for them to follow Rowan outside into the street, quiet now that the sun was sinking down below the earthen dome that surrounded the city. “We aren’t the same Team Rocket that came from Kanto, as long as Gavin, Chu-e and myself are alive that will be true.” But they wouldn't be here forever, one way or another.

Amber eyes glanced over the crystalline water, weary with the weight of his responsibilities and misdeeds. “As long as I’m around, you won’t need to pull the trigger again. I’d rather the blood on my hands compound, than you have any at all.” Rowan’s gaze shifted, looking at Mint from the corners of his eyes.

“That’s my burden, as a Beast of Team Rocket.” Protecting what little innocence was left among those that had chosen freedom. 

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO