Falling Red

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Falling Red
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2021 8:01:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

What a wonderful world!

[attr="class","freezybunger"]

It wasn't unusual for Cat to be out in the wilds, nor had she found it unusual to be exploring an island environment rather than the mountains and forests she'd usually gone with—her habit of overpreparing and making sure to learn the ins and outs of her hobbies had come in handy in that case, though it was admittedly her first time trying it for real—no, what was a first for Cat had been to go out exploring and orienteering with someone that wasn't her family back in Galar.[break][break]

The curious young girl had been out on an island exploring with Mister Temp! Having recently lost her gym challenge to the man, yet despite it having somehow incredibly still been in the runnings to earn the badge despite it. Though ultimately she'd declined it for the chance to learn more from the whole gym challenge experience... and here she was, eager to learn more with Mister Temp out on an island in the open ocean. While she was normally giddy and excitable, gym leaders were basically idols to the young girl, and getting the chance to learn from one, one on one? There's no way that Cat hadn't been practically bouncing off the walls, keen to show what she knows and even more keen to learn more from Mister Temp, a giddy, goofy rosy smile on her visage, and a glimmer of appreciation and adoration in her eyes as an all too much eager student!

[newclass=.freezybunger b]color:#f099aa[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Falling Red
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 17:03:14 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
While @cat was busy being giddy and excited, Temp was by the shoreline checking over his pokemon.

Since most of his pokemon were fish, in the end Temp waved them off and let them go and play. No pokemon to get out of any sticky situations! Teehee!

"Okay, you ready to hunt for some cool stuff?" Taking out his phone, Temp looked over some of the objectives for the day.... It turned out, this small set of islands hadn't been properly looked over to see about any native species that might be living on them. It was supposed to be something easier, so Temp had thought that Cat would be a good helper to have along with him.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Falling Red
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 23:10:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

What a wonderful world!

Cat had enthusiastically waved off the gym leader's pokémon too, practically a kid in a candy store, she'd mostly gotten a run down of today's agenda, and if anything, she'd been perhaps a little too curious to see just what kind of pokémon the duo might come across.[break][break]

"Yeah!" she'd shouted in response, a silly smile on her face and a fist raised up high, the sudden movement nearly jolting her Perrserker from his slumber, the viking cat pokémon perched on her shoulders, using her backpack as a seat as it slept up against her head, seeming to be deep in enough sleep not to have its cat nap interrupted by its trainer's enthusiasm.[break][break]

"It's kinda like a treasure hunt, huh? I wonder what we'll find!" She'd smiled, not only pokémon, but maybe they'd find something curious, cool or cute in their little exploration! Or some dumb stupid hole, that only the smoothest of brains might fall into.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Falling Red
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 0:34:39 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
"Hell yeah!" Since @cat was so excited it was making Temp excited, too! He also threw up a fist with her before tucking his phone away. "We'll need to be kind of careful! If we run up on a delicate or aggressive pokemon, we don't want to scare them! It could really disrupt a lot of stuff!"

Temp might not have been good at explaining but he hoped that Cat got the idea. While this was a fun exploration it was still good to be careful!

"Alright, I guess.... well, that past looks clear-ish. Wanna start there?" He pointed to a small gap in the treeline. It was still covered up with tall grass and bushes but it was probably the easiest place to squeeze through. Shame the foliage obscured most things beyond from view.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Falling Red
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2021 3:10:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

What a wonderful world!

Following through with Temp's instructions, Cat stared through the thicket, but much like Temp, she just simply couldn't see what was past it, obscured far too much by foliage, but SURELY there had to be something! With nothing else to do beyond push forward she'd practically thrown herself through the foliage, charging forward brazenly with an excited smile![break][break]

Greeting her had... actually not been an inconspicuous hole in the ground that we definitely hadn't originally planned for this thread to be about! Instead, the first thing Cat had seen was a beautiful flourish of red, raining down and then... all she saw was red. She tripped. In her amazingly brilliant stunt of pushing through the obscuring foliage she hadn't accounted for a landing and fell face first into the floor covered in red leaf litter.[break][break]

"Ow."

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Falling Red
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 13:47:18 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
@cat peeked through the foliage and then... she was gone! When the girl fell, to Temp's eyes, it was like the woods had sucked her in.

"Cat!" He called out, charging into the thicken to try and save her from whatever monster had snatched her up. Instead, he fell. Not into a hole, like we totally didn't originally have planned, but his foot happened to catch on Cat's and he tripped to lay next to her. "Ugh..." Thankfully, the piles of red leaves softened his fall well enough that he would probably avoid any bruises.

He blinked up at the shower of red, then over at Cat, and then he couldn't help but burst out laughing.

Man, this was silly.

"You alright over there?" Temp managed to get out through his grin. Cat looked fine but it was best to check, just in case. He didn't get up, choosing to flop over to lay on his back, so the leaves could rain down on him.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Falling Red
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 20:08:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

What a wonderful world!

Feeling a slight burst for the comedics, Cat had merely given a thumbs up in response to show she was okay, before pulling free of her backpack and flipping over onto her back, laughing with Mister Temp! She couldn't help but feel silly, and the fallen leaves had a cool, earthen touch to them, the whole experience feeling almost wondrous. She was so very tempted to make a... leaf angel...? Something like that! Yet almost every thought had stopped momentarily as she'd looked up, seconds passing as if they were years in her eyes.[break][break]

"It's... really pretty," the young girl commented, watching the rain of red leaves from the very earth they'd fallen towards, all around her was just a dance of red leaves, the occasional pokémon running amok through the trees or watching down curiously at the duo. She'd watched as a particular red leaf drifted down, seeming like it'd land on her face, before catching it with both her hands with a giggle, "what about you Mister Temp?" she'd realised she hadn't checked on her mentor quite yet.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Falling Red
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2021 8:27:11 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
"It is." Temp agrees with @cat easily. He stares up at the leaves as they fall and he feels a sense of nostalgia. Not for leaves, but laying on the back with his sister under the clouds or looking up at the stars. Sometimes neither of them would talk. Other times they would both point at the sky and discuss what they saw there. This moment, with Cat, briefly reminds him of those times.

"I'm good, kid!" He laughs lightly. A movement catches his his eye in the trees above and he elbows her softly, trying to stealthily point at the branches he's looking at up. "Up there! You see them?"

Staring down at them, just as curious as they are of them, is a small group of Fomantis. Their coloring matches the leaves, a vibrant read to fit in with the trees, lovely little disguises from whatever might try and eat them out here.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Falling Red
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2022 2:47:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

What a wonderful world!

Cat's eyes practically glimmered with unbridled excitement as she caught a glance, her entire body shaking with anticipation and childish energy as she tried to contain herself and keep quiet so as not to scare the Fomantis that Mister Temp had caught sight of! It might have been silly, but she'd let out a rather hushed little squeeeee as she observed them, hands bundled into gripped fists over her mouth as she watched carefully.[break][break]

She'd read about Fomantis somewhere before, but she hadn't expected to see ones with such a unique autumnal colouration. "That's so cool... and adorable...!" she'd said in a hushed bout of excitement, watching as it seemed the Fomantises were grooming themselves, cleaning off their crests and claws. She'd wondered if she might be able to snap a photo—her phone was always on vibrate anyway, and the volume dropped to zero, and her flash off—slowly trying to avoid making any sudden movements as she tried to finagle her phone out of her pocket.[break][break]

She'd just managed to take a handful of candid shots of the Fomantises before it sounded like something had scared them off, some snap of a branch off in the distance spooking them into hiding.[break][break]

"Aw, where'd they go?" Cat had said with a bit of disappointment, though she'd remained smiling, happy she managed to catch a picture of that moment.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Falling Red
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2022 3:26:32 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
A soft smile rested on Temp's face. He still didn't feel like a very good Gym Leader but this made it okay. Spending time with @cat and seeing some cool pokemon made it feel worth it. Then he blinked and they were gone, Cat bemoaning their disappearance.

Since they had been caught anyway, Temp pushed himself up into a sitting position. A few leaves stuck to his clothes and hair, crinkling decorations. Unable to help herself, Temp reached over and tried to ruffle up Cat's hair.

"Not too far, I'd bet! They're looking down at us right now." Pushing himself to his feet, Temp gave a good stretch. They could probably look around a few more minutes... then they could go back! But only after some fun!
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Falling Red
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2022 21:23:06 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@cat