nikki

lyds
she/her
july 25th
hearthome city, sinnoh
bisexual
unknown
grunt
what's so good about picking up the pieces?
awards
25 posts
lydia kilig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lydia
lydia kilig
the other girl
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 3:57:44 GMT
lydia kilig Avatar
[attr="class","lydia"]
[attr="class","lydia b"]
[attr="class","lydia i"]the halls of league headquarters are crisp, white, pristine. and maybe the setting is supposed to feel hallowed ground but there's nothing holy about this place.

it makes her skin crawl, even as she turns a corner, as she makes her way to the offices of the council. cameras watch her, electric eyes swiveling at activity. and while she has an actual reason for being here, it makes her feel less like a person and more like a wanted poster.

his secretary greets her when she arrives. the woman's smile is warm despite the way her eyes bulge slightly out of their sockets. it's expected, really, but it never fails to make her insides squirm. she wants to smirk and scream all at once. an irritating sensation, surely.

"i have a meeting with the councilman," she murmurs. the woman nods once and excuses herself with the premise that she'll be brought in when he's ready.

and without much else to do but wait, lydia raises her chin a little higher to prepare for the interrogation.

[newclass=.lydia] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lydia b] color: #7F4051; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lydia i] text-decoration: underline dotted #7F4051; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
the other girl
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 4:11:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE OTHER GIRL

NEVER ONE WITHOUT THE OTHER

THE STAR SOIREE PUTS A DENT ON EVERYTHING. Panic flows from the paper work that has no end. Meetings clog every white space on his calendar. All terrible ingredients that somehow create the perfect concoction to take his mind off his capricious mood swings.

Somehow, this meeting escapes the meticulous auditing that comes from his usual meetings. When the alarm of his phone chirps, Fernando cues his secretary to let them in. He had no idea who or what this particular meeting pertains to, just that he’ll improvise.

Everything so far has been damage control. Little does he know that this time he’ll be the surveyor.

close tab

played by

nikki

lyds
she/her
july 25th
hearthome city, sinnoh
bisexual
unknown
grunt
awards
25 posts
lydia kilig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lydia
lydia kilig
the other girl
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 4:35:20 GMT
lydia kilig Avatar
[attr="class","lydia"]
[attr="class","lydia b"]
[attr="class","lydia i"]when the secretary returns to usher her in, she takes her time.

the approach is slow, deliberate, with steps that wish to command more than just the room.

and only when she's satisfied, does she stop. there's a distance between them, kept purposely with every intention of keeping a guarded front. she wears cold indifference as war paint because he's a titan and she's not walking into his lair unprepared. he's different than . colder, untouchable.

she won't be able to lower his guard. not here, not like this.

"councilman," she murmurs with a dip of her head. "thank you for seeing me."

the guise of this meeting relates to "rocket intel", something she supposed could tickle his fancy enough to actually see her.

and now that she's here, she has no intentions of giving information of her own.

no, she'll take his until he's bled dry. and all that will remain is a husk abandoned on the floor.

[newclass=.lydia] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lydia i] text-decoration: underline dotted #7F4051; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
the other girl
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 4:42:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE OTHER GIRL

FERNANDO PAYS HER NO MIND. Like anyone else who dares enter his office, his attention is earned, not given. So when her voice leaks, a mere murmur against the quiet still of his clacking keyboard, he nods in accordance.

Anti-climatic is the thesis of his encounters. For every rumor about Fernando Silph is a small glimmer of truth. And behind these tales are those never aired out to the public.

The cold front of his personality never comes his natural hate for those beneath him. It comes from how he sees them as insects unfit to stepped on. So, as she introduces herself with a meek volume, he continues on with something more pressing.

His work.

Because at least that knows how to demand his attention.

Only fitting that the twin meets him in the same manner her original had so many years ago.

close tab

played by

nikki

lyds
she/her
july 25th
hearthome city, sinnoh
bisexual
unknown
grunt
awards
25 posts
lydia kilig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lydia
lydia kilig
the other girl
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 5:01:13 GMT
lydia kilig Avatar
[attr="class","lydia"]
[attr="class","lydia b"]
[attr="class","lydia i"]the incessant click of keys echoes in her ears like a heartbeat. steady until it's frantic and she's swallowing down irritation.

the inner child wants to scream, beg, fight. look at me. notice me. please.

she swallows that, too.

settling on a new tactic, she approaches with the sharp click of heels until all that's between them is his desk. golden skulls shimmer against black fabric, bright beneath florescent lights. and without much hesitation, she's tapping a manicured nail against wood.

"very welcoming."

it's frigid, flat, with toes dipped into cold waters and left shivering. and yet, something about it drifts into a territory she doesn't typically enjoy. desperate, perhaps. and behind her desperation lies a hungry wolf, left out in the cold to feed off scraps while his kind eat with golden cutlery.

"that's no way to greet family."

a lie, really, but maybe it's enough.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
the other girl
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 5:12:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE OTHER GIRL

“…”

The voice alone should give it away. There are a million minute details that make up the great body of differences between Lydia and Bronwen. But Fernando does not see between the lines. He stares straight ahead, so focused on keeping within the moving cursor that dictates the one perfectly normal aspect of his life.

What the hell are you talking about Bronwen?

Eyes never leave his monitor but his lips curve. They way they sink into a disgusted grimace match the way her fingers dig into the perfect mahogany of his desk.

What do you want?

close tab

played by

nikki

lyds
she/her
july 25th
hearthome city, sinnoh
bisexual
unknown
grunt
awards
25 posts
lydia kilig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lydia
lydia kilig
the other girl
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 5:21:02 GMT
lydia kilig Avatar
[attr="class","lydia"]
[attr="class","lydia b"]
[attr="class","lydia i"]ah, so that gets his attention.

the name is foreign to what she knows. and briefly, she wonders if that's stormy's given name. back before she was a silph, back when she was still lydia's and there wasn't this void instead.

she jots it down on a sticky note and sticks it to the board in her mind, red strings connecting things left unsolved. unfortunately, the whole board is bloody.

and while she wants to demand that he look up, she doesn't stoop to that level quite yet.

no, she doesn't need to. her encounter with another silph has given her enough insight to dig claws in, to pry into tense relationships that she has no business in.

" was more helpful than you're being," she backs off, then, and wanders away from the desk to inspect the walls.

and without much thought behind it, she's calling to him over her shoulder.

"and it's lydia."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
the other girl
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 5:29:35 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE OTHER GIRL

“AH.”

There’s a hint of recognition when she mentions the more bearable Silph. At least that one knows how to stay the hell out of his way. Out of sight and out of mind.

Fantastic,” he comments. “I’m sure he’ll be happy to help you.

He clicks his tongue, sparing her a vague glance, before turning back to what he knows. From what little he sees, the resemblance is uncanny. The only noticeable difference, aside from their tone, is their hair.

He hit ‘scheduled send’ and debates entertaining his guest. His initial thoughts are no, and as such, he pops open his next e-mail.

close tab

played by

nikki

lyds
she/her
july 25th
hearthome city, sinnoh
bisexual
unknown
grunt
awards
25 posts
lydia kilig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lydia
lydia kilig
the other girl
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 5:37:28 GMT
lydia kilig Avatar
[attr="class","lydia"]
[attr="class","lydia b"]
[attr="class","lydia i"]so much for any possible plans she had.

he effectively scraps all of them with a single keystroke. irritating, really. and while she doesn't want to let it get to her, she's still bitter and angry and being ignored is something that burrows beneath her skin.

"he already was," she retorts.

matias had given her insight, sure, but there's things he couldn't provide. and now, she's knocking on the golden child's door like a beggar searching for spare change.

her parents would kill her on the spot.

"unfortunately, there was only so much he could answer and i was sent here." and maybe it would have been easier to just say she's stormy's sister.

or maybe he'd scoff and turn her away at the door. either way, she's here and one second away from breaking that keyboard.

control, lydia, control.

"now will you answer my questions or should i try a different method?"

with matias, she didn't need to get her hands dirty. with fernando? she just might.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
the other girl
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 5:48:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE OTHER GIRL

EVEN UNINTENTIONALLY, Fernando pulls more from her than she’d ever allow willingly. Using Matias as a scapegoat—as life intended—is the first fence to cross upon when surveying what she truly wants. And while as entertaining as toying around with people is, he doesn’t have the time to do it intentionally.

I literally asked what did you wa—

Annoyance flashes across bushy brows. They dies down when she attempts to taunt him.

As if.

He’s almost willing to entertain it if not for Hoenn crumbling all around them. The only thing more satisfying that putting an uppity brat into their place is to fuck it out of them, something he, disgustingly, has allowed himself to stoop to.

The self realization and admittance puts a winkle on his nose. A recent habit he’s looking to fix.

Look, I’m a busy man. Be quick.

close tab

played by

nikki

lyds
she/her
july 25th
hearthome city, sinnoh
bisexual
unknown
grunt
awards
25 posts
lydia kilig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lydia
lydia kilig
the other girl
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2021 17:11:40 GMT
lydia kilig Avatar
[attr="class","lydia"]
[attr="class","lydia b"]
[attr="class","lydia i"]true... he did ask what she wanted.

it was the wrong girl, however, and she brushed it aside.

now, the other girl is merely at a crossroads: simply ask or pry. it's difficult to decide which one to choose but... perhaps the choice has already been made for her.

a soft sigh escapes beneath her breath and she's turning away from his walls before she can think otherwise. the cat's already out of the bag, right?

"busy is endlessly typing away at a computer?" her nose wrinkles at the thought.

and when she drifts closer, whatever frustration she has is shoved down. it's snuffed out, left to die in simmering ashes beneath her skin. indifference rises instead, clamoring onto pale skin with sharp nails.

"information," she murmurs. her stare is a mixture between expectant and bored, as if he should know this. why else would she be here?

"a little birdie told me your parents are gone," a pause, a consideration, and then the slight narrowing of honey. "so unfortunately for both of us, you're my only hope."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
the other girl
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2021 9:42:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE OTHER GIRL

“YES,” he states plainly. and that’s as much as she gets.

a man of his power and distinction finds no merit in bragging about the ways he overburdens himself. it’s beneath him. and for all his faults and character flaws, insecurity is not one of them. his ego sit healthily at the top of his chest, chest puffed up and hoisted on a throne.

like the thirteen year old child who accosted him in this very office, fernando dismisses her as inconsequential.

when she finally gives him an inkling of what she’s looking for, he looks to her. blinks. and then his gaze returns to his screen.

when you’re finished with your riddles you can leave your question and your contact information with the clerk outside.

the louder and emphasized clicking of his keys serve as the perfect punctuation for his sentence.

close tab

played by

nikki

lyds
she/her
july 25th
hearthome city, sinnoh
bisexual
unknown
grunt
awards
25 posts
lydia kilig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lydia
lydia kilig
the other girl
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 18:48:43 GMT
lydia kilig Avatar
[attr="class","lydia"]
[attr="class","lydia b"]
[attr="class","lydia i"]in the end... she's nothing more than a petulant child.

her investigation -- if you could even call it that -- is founded in selfish desires, festering a deep-seated need that she hadn't received during development.

it shows in the way she holds herself, in the way her face morphs into something irritated. denied attention settles in her skin like an open wound.

"no," comes quickly, hotly. it's breathed out with a frown, arms settling across her chest in open protest. she's a child throwing a tantrum in the face of denial and unfortunately, fernando silph is not one to bend to a display like this.

ah, but speaking in riddles is the obstacle he presented, right? maybe if she just... adjusts the approach?

he is, after all, a straight forward man.

"i want to know why your family picked my sister." beneath the syllables, another statement lingers.

why not me? looms in shadows across his office. it claws, begging for life, begging for attention just as she does from him.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
the other girl
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 21:24:55 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE OTHER GIRL

“OH.”

there is a moment of recognition that puts a halt on his work. he double takes. looks her up and down. and, at the surface, it looks like he makes the connection with the way his lips purse and his eyes narrow.

you’re bronwen’s sister?

it sounds like a genuine question. as if their appearance isn’t enough to confirm that they’re perfect doubles. they seem more like twins than anything else, but, when faced with a blonde variant, he can’t help but think of her.

she reminds him of . reminds him of when she first came to hoenn and intruded on him oh so many years ago.