awards
96 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabrielle
gabrielle black
bonds
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 5:13:17 GMT
gabrielle black Avatar

Upcoming Holidays meant that sales were abloom in Central Mall. Perfect timing for gift shopping. Gabby recently hit jackpot, having to battle a random trainer the prize was more then expected, it all worked out perfectly.

However Gabby wasn't the greatest when it came to gifts, which is why she invited her aunty out. Hoping that she will be able to help out when choosing presents. Gabby had arrived ahead of time, but waited for her Aunt at the agreed meet up location.

It didn't take long for her aunt to arrive. "Aunty!" She greets with a warm smile and wave, approaching her. "Thanks for meeting up with me!" Gabby states smile brightening.

close tab

played by

castaway

Spence
she / her
october 27
Slateport City, Hoenn
heterosexual
civillian
15 height
15 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
64 posts
Spencer Hale DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spencer
Spencer Hale
bonds
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 23:45:20 GMT
Spencer Hale Avatar
'Aunty', God, she would never get used to that. Especially not when she was barely older than some of her sister's kids. Being the baby of the family sucked.

But she braves a smile for the teenage girl who waves at her, and she waves in return. Something soft sparks in her chest at the sight of young Gabrielle, and it makes the situation all the more bearable.

Earlier today, she'd spent time with baking pies, and later on, she'd stopped by 's to drop the off at her sister's. Thanksgiving was tomorrow night, and Gabby had insisted she help her with gift shopping. Naturally, Spencer agreed, because spending money was literally the only good thing in her life.

"Hi, Gabrielle, you look like you've grown!"

And she almost certainly has, Spencer hardly visits. But the last time she'd seen her, Gabby's cheeks had been pinchable cheek pouches.
close tab

played by

Kiki

Gabby
She/Her
November 26
Canalave City
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
16 height
16 height
Everyone has a purpose.
awards
96 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabrielle
gabrielle black
bonds
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 5:59:40 GMT
gabrielle black Avatar

Of course she would notice, Spencer was an observant woman. Often spotting out details that her parents often missed.
A coy smile appears, and Gabby's face warms with a soft blush. "I guess I did" She says soft laughter following her words.

"But it's so great to see you Aunty!" She states vibrantly, her arms extend out towards her for a hug.
"So doing any other shopping besides for family?" Her question was laced with innocent curiosity.

close tab

played by

castaway

Spence
she / her
october 27
Slateport City, Hoenn
heterosexual
civillian
15 height
15 height
awards
64 posts
Spencer Hale DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spencer
Spencer Hale
bonds
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2021 2:26:24 GMT
Spencer Hale Avatar
It was impressive, really, how Spencer seemed to have such an affinity or natural bond with her nieces and nephews more so than their own parents.

"Yeah, yeah, it's good to see you too, shrimp."

There is a very brief, very disgusted look that crosses her face as Gabby approaches her, arms wide. But she pushes it aside and allows the teenager to come up and hug her, giving the girl a quick squeeze.

"Are you.. fishing, Gabrielle Black?"

Her brows raise and she tilts her head, looking down at the girl in her arms. In what multiverse were they in that Gabby, little Gabby, was asking about boys?
close tab

played by

Kiki

Gabby
She/Her
November 26
Canalave City
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
16 height
16 height
Everyone has a purpose.
awards
96 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabrielle
gabrielle black
bonds
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2021 23:59:32 GMT
gabrielle black Avatar

The hug feels like any other normal hug, and Gabby was rather oblivious to her aunt's discomfort. "Aunty you give the best hugs." She states with flushed cheeks, desiring another squeeze but departs from Spencers warm arms, satisfied. The reaction from Spencer was unexpected, it felt cold and suspecting. A small panic bubbled inside her.

Gabby laughs unintentionally, nervously. "N-no!.. Maybe? I just wanted to know if..." She stammers, words trailing as she struggles to finish her sentence, now unsure what she wanted to ask.

"um.. nevermind." She laughs, a hand rubbing against warm pinked skin - hoping that Spencer would leave the subject.

All Gabby wanted was for her aunt to be happy, she deserved it.

"Let's get going! Tons of gifts to purchase today!"

close tab

played by

castaway

Spence
she / her
october 27
Slateport City, Hoenn
heterosexual
civillian
15 height
15 height
awards
64 posts
Spencer Hale DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spencer
Spencer Hale
bonds
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2021 0:56:44 GMT
Spencer Hale Avatar
The girl's panicked response prompts a chuckle from Spencer, and she leans back and tilts her head at her with relaxed amusement.

"The best hugs, hmm?"

She otherwise ignores or overlooks the teenagers stammering, catching on to her nieces discomfort and choosing not to push those buttons further. She might be unpleasant, but she admittedly had a soft spot for family. However, the suggestion that she be shopping for a partner.. it did make her chest squeeze just slightly with guilt.

Fuck .

"Would you say that we are on the hunt for gifts today?"

For a moment, her expression grows dark as her thoughts drift to something concerning. And that concern was if her favourite cashmere scarf she's been eyeing for herself had been bought before she got there. That'd be cause for an elbow drop for sure.
close tab

played by

Kiki

Gabby
She/Her
November 26
Canalave City
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
16 height
16 height
Everyone has a purpose.
awards
96 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabrielle
gabrielle black
bonds
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2021 23:10:27 GMT
gabrielle black Avatar

"Yep!" She states simply. She is reminded of her father and how their embraces always felt off, the feeling was difficult to put into words. Gabby smiles once again "A few days ago I beat a trainer and they were loaded!" Her voice bubbles with excitement and anticipation.

The dark expression that crossed her aunt's face goes by unnoticed as her mind lingered on other things. Think I'll probably get Jessie something first.. " Her gaze floats towards a boutique, "wanna check out that shop first?"

close tab

played by

castaway

Spence
she / her
october 27
Slateport City, Hoenn
heterosexual
civillian
15 height
15 height
awards
64 posts
Spencer Hale DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spencer
Spencer Hale
bonds
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2022 0:15:06 GMT
Spencer Hale Avatar
Spencer stares back at her niece, admittedly puzzled and thrown off by her candor. Was she saying that she had beat up a trainer and stolen some of their money? What were the kids up to these days?

Spencer slow-blinks, but pushes the thought away because, in the end, she didn't care enough to worry about scolding her sisters kids. It wasn't her place, and she'd probably steal people's money too.

"What are you thinking for Jessie?"

And she nods, redirecting them toward the boutique that the girl has pointed out.
close tab

played by

Kiki

Gabby
She/Her
November 26
Canalave City
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
16 height
16 height
Everyone has a purpose.
awards
96 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabrielle
gabrielle black
bonds
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2022 21:31:28 GMT
gabrielle black Avatar

She notices the confusion, and could understand why - Gabby didn't really elaborate. Awkward laugh flows from her as she scratches against her cheek. "Of course, I mean in a pokemon battle!" The explanation is rather rough and quick, but she hopes that her aunt doesn't think she was in a fist fight.

The conversation moves along, which relives her. "Well.. I thought she would like some jewelry or clothes, though I'm not really sure what suits Jessies taste. " Gabby admits smiling. She figured her aunt would have a good eye considering that she is also very fashionable.

The boutique was of moderate size and had plenty to look at. The first thing that caught Gabby's eye was an accessory display. A very shiny bracelet was the first thing she noticed.

"What do you think about this one?"