1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
hush hush [m]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 19:52:55 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
they're round the back of the museum; marcel's all in black. there's a tablet between them, casting a soft light on their faces. his is visibly tired from late nights trawling through security footage. marcel makes several swiping motions on the screen, and a series of profiles appear.

"these are the guards and their pokemon. shouldn't have to get to a battle, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared."

rubbing his eyes, he gives elijah a few more moments to look through the data. this is a stealth mission: go in, get the goods, get out. seems simple, in theory, shame that wasn't how it was in actuality.

standng up from the crouch he was previously in, marcel stretches his arms.
"people are saying there's something in the basement, arceus knows what exactly, but i say we go for it." he hesitates. "of course, it's up to you." no use doing something if both of them weren't invested, that would be a recipe for disaster.

all his contacts at the museum had mentioned the mystery item at some point, but the details of it were something they were more reluctant to share. bastards. getting ahold of it would definitely earn him some bonus points with team rocket, maybe make them more forgiving if a minor slip-up were to occur in the future.

if there's anything marcel needs, it's some lifelines to throw out when he needs.

tag:
notes: ...
[googlefont=Inconsolata]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
Give some supportance to the bending twigs.
awards
620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
hush hush [m]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 21:39:29 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

"don't know how you handle all that techy stuff." the screen's sour light forces elijah's tongue from his mouth.

nevertheless, duty overcomes his repulsion of the foreign. changing world he so readily dismisses. with a narrowed glance, he commits the profiles to a soft memory. his eyes glide underneath the sharp brim of his hat.

"hah." the green-haired man slips a hand through the collar of his tight, black shirt, a crisp scratching raking across his chest. "well you're eager... sure you want to risk it all? you know what happens if we mess up."

withdrawing his claws, elijah peers over to see his victreebel already hard at work. a sharpened leafy limb LEAF BLADES a sizable pane of square glass in a nearby tall window. the pokemon's vines carefully pluck the pane from falling and set it aside like a book saved for later.

"alarm system should be deactivated by now." the apothecary grunts, squatting low with his hands cupped together. "i'll give you a lift. hope you aren't heavy." as the elijah's gaze locks on to marcel's, a victreebel's vines swirl around his limbs like a grisly, romantic snare.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
hush hush [m]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 23:31:30 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
marcel considers his answer before responding. "we'll see how it goes." it's risky, he knows, but damn. all that talk had roused his suspicions, it was only inevitable his job had fostered and kindled the curiosity always burning in his mind.

he's patient as the window's worked open, picking up the tablet and slipping it into his bag. readjusting the strap across his body, he takes a step towards elijah. "i'm lighter than you, that's for sure," he returns easily before planting a foot on his palms.

getting through the window's easy with the combined upward force. once he's in, marcel cranes his head to check for any passing guards. all clear. both his dragonair and noivern are too inconspicious to make it through this mission easily, so it's his sneasel he releases from his pokeball. it's good to have a pokemon at the ready--in a worst case scenario, he can't afford to waste time fumbling round with pokeballs.

marcel leans back out the window, looking down at elijah. "need a hand?"

tag:
[googlefont=Inconsolata]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
hush hush [m]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2019 0:08:26 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

elijah hesitates for the tiniest breath.

"thanks babe." he says, dryly.

his feet shift, the coarse pavement crunching under his shoe before reaching forth. grasping the other's hand tight, he grunts, a sole pressing against the wall to provide him with enough footing to drape himself over the boundary.

a red flash signals the recall of his victreebel as the light bolts dramatically into his pokeball.

inside, they seemed to have slipped into a tight custodial closet. he steps forward— and hits something with his shin. it sloshes and splashes them. a wheeled mop bucket slides with a snicker as the acrid smell of old museum floor juice slaps their noses.

"this the worst exhibit—" elijah's slouched form suddenly lifts upright, like a cofagrigus.

muffled voices in pockets of sound pass by outside.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
hush hush [m]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2019 22:46:33 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
any response marcel might have thought of was lost to the sudden tension in the air. his sneasel knows well enough to check it out, crouched low to the ground to avoid detection. its head must have knocked the ajar door, because a creak that would have otherwise been lost to sound is enough to make him flinch in the silence.

marcel's body's moving on instinct as the door gets pulled back. a hasty apology is the only warning he has time left to give before he shoves elijah into the corner with one hand, the other grabbing a pokeball.

"thunder wave."

the closet's cramped enough as it is, marcel's pushed back into a shelf which digs painfully into his back. he thinks some mops might have been knocked over, but his dragonair's body seems to catch them and muffle whatever sound they may have made. they should have chosen another window, he thinks grimly.

the soft thuds of two bodies against the ground come like the answer to a prayer, and he lets out a breath he didn't know he'd been holding.

"sorry," he repeats as his pokemon are reduced to red light, turning to elijah when he should be looking out the doorway, "really sorry 'bout that."

tag:
[googlefont=Inconsolata]

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
hush hush [m]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 8:40:42 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

"what are y-"

the strength of surprise startles elijah. he's cast aside, thrown into a custodial corner like a wrestler colliding into a turnbuckle. elijah grits his teeth to suppress any sound, but it's a needless exercise.

a thunder wave courses forth and shackles their intruders. they drop like mummies. limbs slapped to their sides. the old mop water transforms them into dead mackerel.

"it worked out, didn't it?" elijah shifts his head to the side, cracking his neck with a satisfying crunch. "ah... just be ready to beg on your knees when the basement fucks us over."

elijah casually steps over the felled guards and peeks out the door.

"and that basement should be just over there." he gestures over to a door down the hallway. several oil paintings line the walls, watching them from the dark. "coast is clear--- for now. let's go."

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
hush hush [m]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2019 21:57:44 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
"don't tell me you aren't curious too."

it's rhetorical, mostly, because marcel's eyes are already drilling into the door at the end of the hallway. for a moment, he's hesitant again. elijah's words strike a chord of worry--if they fuck up, if he fucks up...

his job was more than work, it was a dangerous game and, most of the time, he didn't even know the stakes until it was too late. he can't help the arrogant thought that this was for him, that this was to go wrong because no alternative was allowed. this was their move--

marcel wills his feet to move before his thoughts can spiral.

"we better get going then."

tag:
[googlefont=Inconsolata]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
hush hush [m]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2019 8:55:42 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

"am i that easy to read?"

elijah's heart batters against his ribs, pounding the poison of curiosity through each and every vein. they had already felled some guards. their sheathe of stealth is sheared away, but elijah is quick to subdue some potential alarm. his victreebel is already at work, drawing their unconscious bodies into its bulging, expanding bell.

these are silent passings. the morbidity of their murders marked by the way their limbs slithered off the oozing lip of the flycatcher. elijah opts not to watch. besides they had other pressing matters at hand.

his victreebel lumbers after them, pregnant with death. vines slither into the basement door's lock, searching for the intricacies of each chamber and channel. finally, it clicks.

"down we go." elijah praises his victreebel with a tender rubbing of one of its leaves. "into the belly of the beast." he readjusts his hat, and the brim hardens over his determined gaze.

"i'll have your back."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
hush hush [m]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2019 8:56:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
YOU TWO DISCOVER...

[attr="class","ipad"]
as the two enter the basement level, they hear voices. two. masculine in pitch, and stretched tired by a long day's shift.[break][break][break]

"can't believe the motherfuckers at mossdeep made such a thing."
[break][break]

"you're tellin' me, pete. ugliest thing i've ever seen."
[break][break]

the floor is lit by an odd, sky blue lighting. fluorescent and flickering at times, the illumination casts shadows across a cluttered room. boxes and stashed away relics are stacked upon each other, but prominently, displayed in the center like a sculpture of some misshapen god, is a vat:[break][break]

[break][break]

inside the large cylindrical tube, floating in slumber, a creature the likes of which and have never seen before, rests. the two employees make a few more remarks, commenting on its grotesque appearance, before departing for an emergency exit situated on the other end of the room. they push the door, which opens to a staircase, and disappear as the heavy door swings close.[break][break]

what do you do?
[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES[break]
do whatever you think would be appropriate / thanks for your patience!![break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
hush hush [m]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2019 18:45:21 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
he sees the shadows before he hears their voices. pausing mid-step, he glances back at elijah to see if he was close behind, and if he had any clear idea of what on earth they were talking about.

the moment they're alone, marcel strides into the room, scouring around for anything that would catch the attention. he doesn't need to look long, though, for the vat stands right before him. his face is a picture of horror, confusion, and wonder, and he falters before he can react any further.

the wall of glass between him and the creature stops him from keeping a distance. he presses his palms against the glass, trying to get a better look. marcel had been ready for an artefact, a piece of technology, something he would know and instead was—

"what is it?"

knowing it was unlikely his partner would have a satisfactory answer, he steps back from the chamber and begins circling the room, looking for papers, a compute, anything that could help him make sense of this.

tag:
[googlefont=Inconsolata]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
hush hush [m]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2019 22:22:50 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

"something ugly, that's what. they weren't wrong when they were saying that." elijah rubs his nose gingerly.

it's an alarming sight. almost threatening. as if the creature's presence commanded a reverence that is so severely pined for. his eyes widen like golden coins and he turns to marcel, his lids dropping in a frantic blink like spilled change. before elijah speaks, marcel would be able to find a small receipt. a piece of paper taped to the tube that documents the creature's sender as being from "mossdeep space center."

"let's break this thing out." elijah says. he's hooked. this visit could be worth all the risk in the world, after all. "maybe this is a rare pokemon or something... maybe a galarian breed... we'd get recognized. maybe get a promotion." he directs his victreebel toward the other door, its belly bulging with terrible digestion. as if it were a mind reader, the flycatcher begins to barricade the door with an ever expanding tangle of vines. the door knob is choked by the thick foliage as plant life spreads around the surrounding wall like an infection.

"got anyone to crack the glass?" elijah snorts. "unless you want to use your head."

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
hush hush [m]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2019 17:59:31 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
the receipt on the the glass doesn't tell him much, other than whoever arranged this wanted to keep it that way. he tears it off and pockets it, just in case, perhaps the actions of a hoarder more than an investigator. he peers at the creature again. 

"it's not a pokemon i've ever heard of."

elijah's suggestion is one that's already on the tip of his tongue. he glances at the door, safeguarded by the victreebel.

"nah, i'd rather use yours."

despite his words marcel reaches for a pokeball. his nidoking stands proud, looking to him for his lead. he nods his head in the direction of the tank. "chip away. and be careful."

the pokemon moves up to the vat, gently tapping the glass with his horn. testing the waters. this action repeats drumming out a stream of steady rings, its blows getting increasingly heavier with each turn. first, it cracks, then the surface seems to collapse in on itself, a steady rush of water bursting out and spreading along the floor. cepheus catches the creature before it can fall onto the broken shards of glass.

"let's get out," he says, his nidoking trailing behind him. he's making his way for the door as he adds, almost nonchalantly, "you think we can trust the bosses with this?"

tag:
[googlefont=Inconsolata]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
hush hush [m]
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2019 2:41:51 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

"i'd rather use yours."

elijah half-snorts. half-chuckles. marcel's grown on him, and the retort chips away at his bitter skin as the vat gives way to the nidoking's precise percussion. as the afterbirth slushes forward, elijah steps back, his shoes squeaking against the cold linoleum. as severe and menacing as the creature is, its helpless, shuddering form elicits both pity and cold enterprise.

"you're right." elijah says, grabbing a miscellaneous relic from the shelving. he hears footsteps from above, thudding like iron thunder. "let's take it for ourselves."

his victreebel leaves the door, its vines slowly following its engorged belly like twisted cinderella-carriage wheels.

"actually— you should keep it." elijah catches up, patting marcel on the shoulder. "your reward for being risky."

the victreebel coils around elijah's shoulders like a backpack. it burps and whines happily.

"out of this shithole we go."

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
hush hush [m]
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2019 9:36:10 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
maybe it's selfish. maybe it's because they've taken so much from him, he wants to take something back. for whatever reason, greed or distrust, marcel isn't ready to hand over the creature. he can't help but feel relieved when elijah agrees.

the hand on his shoulder surprises him, as does the suggestion that follows. an uncommonly kind gesture, for a rocket, anyway, but he supposes elijah is the better half of that lot. looking back at his nidoking and their new find, marcel sends elijah a grateful smile.

"yeah, alright."

tag:
[googlefont=Inconsolata]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
hush hush [m]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2019 2:31:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]
elijah and marcel receive the following: 50 poké, 5 infamy.[break]
marcel also receives: a type:null (decide 6 moves).