Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
making good on a deal
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2021 8:42:52 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie1"]
[attr="class","top"]

the batter of wings signals his descent just outside of the docked ship. with a huff, he leaps off the dragonite's back, patting the amber scales appreciatively.
[break][break]
"thanks, sol."
[break][break]
it honks back quietly, and takes flight. nervously, greyson walks down the pier, but doesn't step onto the ship quite yet.
[break][break]
"skyler?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-dragonite"]

[newclass=".artie1"]--accent:#0093af; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie1 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie1 blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie1 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie1 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
making good on a deal
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 22:48:02 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skycaptain"]
"Pretty guy!"

Passing fishermen halt for a second or two, utterly bewildered by the enthusiastic shout that causes a few nearby Wingull to take flight. 

The Sotally Tober's deck is perfectly polished - and utterly empty. But should Greyson let his eyes climb up the mast, he'd soon find a messy cascade of gold and the slow, scythe-like curve of an upside-down smile bearing down on him.

"Glad to see you finally made your way to us."

After all, she'd taken most of the day off to make good on a promise. And, most importantly, to make sure Greyson wouldn't know his name by the end of the night.

[newclass=.skycaptain] [/newclass]
[newclass=.skycaptain b] color: #6592A0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skycaptain i] color: #6592A0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skycaptain u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #6592A0;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
making good on a deal
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2021 10:40:43 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie1"]
[attr="class","top"]

pretty boy. it rises a laugh from him, cheeks taking a faint blush. he gives the nearby men and women a nod of apology; something he does way too often.
[break][break]
"uh—" seeing her so far up, and in that position, takes his breath away. he shouldn't be surprised, after their race, that she loved to live on the edge. "—it's good to be here."
[break][break]
his gaze drops to the deck of the boat, then back to her. "may i?"

[newclass=".artie1 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie1 blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie1 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
making good on a deal
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2021 10:19:51 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler's smirk becomes more pronounced at Greyson's hesitation. Unfortunately, before she can welcome him to the Sotally Tober he's met at the entrance by another figure.

Clarabelle is a collection of fluff and scars, the Lopunny's signature cute appearance marred by signs of battle - and a single leather eyepatch over her right eye. It lends her just the right amount of toughness to act as the closest thing to a bouncer the ship has. That, and the decidedly unfriendly glare aimed at Greyson.

"It's okay, Clarabelle - he's a friend!"

A tense few seconds pass before the Lopunny slowly backs off, allowing Greyson to enter. A single pink eye still tracks his progress.

With a series of fluid movements that betray the countless times she's done this before, Skyler untangles herself from the ropes and hoists herself up onto the crow's nest.

"Well?" She shouts down at the deck, eyes glinting. "What are you waiting for, pretty boy? Come on up!"

[newclass=.skycaptain u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #6592A0;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
making good on a deal
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2021 8:31:30 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie1"]
[attr="class","top"]

staring down the roughened lopunny, he gulps. greyson did his best to appear non-threatening, even going so far as to take half a step back. thankfully, skyler intervenes. it would've been awkward to get his ass kicked before a single drop of liquor had even touched his lips.
[break][break]
"uh... up there?" despite his recent adventures on mt. pyre, and their recent race, greyson was not fond of heights. a drop of sweat trickled down his back. "are y-you sure you don't want to come down here?" a nervous laugh escaped him, as see-through as a ghastly.
[break][break]
not one to back out though, his eyes trail down to find... some method of finding a way up. arceus, was this how he was going to die?

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
making good on a deal
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2021 14:33:40 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"Not really." There's just enough light in the darkening sky to reflect off of a glass bottle held precariously over the curved railing. Something alcoholic, no doubt. "Don't worry, pretty boy." Teeth flash, unyielding in the face of Greyson's nervousness. "Clarabelly will catch you if you fall."

The Lopunny's closed-off expression as she stares at the young man seems to belie this notion.

"So?" 

There's laughter in her voice, tinged wild by the messy mane of golden curls around her face. She boldly leans forward above nothingness, using her foot to nudge a creaking rope ladder. 

"I'll start drinking without you if you don't catch up, Grey."

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
making good on a deal
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2021 16:05:15 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie14"]
[attr="class","top"]

somehow he doubts the bunny would actually. giving the tall, scarred pokemon a nervous smile and half-nod, he moves past and towards the mast. his fingers move to the unstable ladder, wrapping tightly around the rope on either end. he hoists himself up after a few practiced pushes of his leg, feeling the immediate strain on his core and lower back. always the difficult one, this skyler dross.
[break][break]
"i'm working on it!" his amplified voice breaks into a laugh halfway in-between, then crumbles into something of a nervous chitter near the end. with silent (hopefully) groans, he begins to make his way up, presently away of just how high he was with each passing step.
[break][break]
in the end, he makes it. it takes all the combined effort and will not to look down, but when his head crests the peak of her crows nest, he lets out a relieved sigh, and chuckle. "there's an OSHA violation here, i'm sure of it." his hand reaches out for her help.

[newclass=".artie14"]--accent:#0093af; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie14 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie14 blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie14 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie14 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie14 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
making good on a deal
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2021 22:44:21 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"You going to tell on me, Grey?" The question slips teasingly from an entirely too self-satisfied and wholly unapologetic smile as Skyler reaches down to grip Greyson's forearm, pulling him into the crow's nest with her. "I could still kick you off, you know."

The already tiny space shrinks further with Greyson's arrival, and Skyler takes a couple of steps back to lean against the curved railing. Calloused fingertips slip from his arm, reaching for an unlabeled bottle by her booted feet.

"Welcome to the Sotally Tober." The day's last hurrah streaks gloriously across the sky in a watercolor of fiery oranges and pinks. It would've made for a breathkaking view if only Skyler had let Greyson appreciate it properly. 

Much to the detriment of Greyson's mental stability, Skyler has the unfortunate habit of choosing violence.

The bottle is all but shoved into Greyson's chest in lieu of a proper greeting. "Glad you could make it, pretty boy." While the sentiment is genuine, the smirk that curves her mouth is entirely too impish. "Hold this for me, will you?"

When she reaches down, it's to materialize a second bottle - this one for herself. The cork easily gives way with a soft 'pop' before the good ol' captain takes it to her lips.

It burns all the way down to her stomach. 

Better yet, it tastes like Greyson's untimely demise. 

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
making good on a deal
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2021 21:51:29 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie14"]
[attr="class","top"]

the idea of a drop from this height was an... uncomfortable one. sol was likely somewhere feeding, and thus, he'd be on his own. "you could, but i'd take you with me," he gives her an overly pointed look at their nearly clasped hands, swapping then to her eyes, and back, "but i won't tell if you won't."
[break][break]
the nest was cramped, with little foot room. normally he wouldn't mind being in such a small place with a beautiful woman, but she was married, and he was...
[break][break]
"it's a nice view," he admits, sighing slightly as his fingers find purchase of his own on a railing. that steady comfort is shattered when a bottle is thrust into his chest, and he nearly stumbles trying to catch it. taking a second to catch his breath, and let that feeling of fear subside, he eyes the bottle skeptically.
[break][break]
"i'll give it to you," he takes the top off his own bottle, giving it a whiff that has him regretting he ever did, "you certainly know how to make good on a deal."
[break][break]
he downs a swig.

[newclass=".artie14 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie14 blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie14 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie14 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
making good on a deal
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2021 23:48:40 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler's smile grows a few degrees sharper at Greyson's words, not bothering to disguise the way silver brightens into liquid mercury. "I would be disappointed if you didn't." Take her down with him, that is.

For a sliver of time between one breath and the next, her words almost taste like a dare. Like a challenge.

Then a short bark of laughter escapes her mouth and the moment is broken, her momentum quickly pulling Greyson inside.

"C'mon," she tells him, sitting down and patting the empty space next to her, one leg dangling over nothingness while the other is propped up. "You're already lookin' a little green around the gills, pretty boy. I just cleaned the deck this morning. Try not to make a mess." 

Looking at him from the corner of her eyes, the captain quickly decides that she likes this side of Greyson better: the one that pushes back. 

"So? This to your taste?"

Skyler downs a second swig, relishing in the burn that slides down her throat - like she does with many other things that are bad for her. By now, it was a recurring theme.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
making good on a deal
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2021 7:21:11 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie14"]
[attr="class","top"]

he'd expected a challenge from the ship captain, especially after their most-recent race. she had, after all, nearly killed him... two to three times? she was either out of her mind crazy, or had a bigger sack than he did. shit, probably both.
[break][break]
"i don't look that bad," he argues, nearly whines, even, as he goes to sit next to her. if there's a column of some sort, or a post, he'd stick as close to it as he could, or hell, straddle it. heights weren't his thing.
[break][break]
"it's... alright" a terrible lie, but he backs it with another swig of his own. it's bitter, disgusting, and burns in a way that's both pleasant and not. personally, he was still on the fence on the appeal of it. maybe drunk greyson would appreciate it better. but, that brought another question, and he couldn't hide the slight worry in his tone.
[break][break]
"are we going, to uh, try to get down from here drunk?"

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
making good on a deal
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2021 19:16:50 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Even halfway leaning on the topmost part of the mast let Skyler's legs dangle over the edge; space and comfort were commidites the crow's nest didn't allow for. But it wasn't entirely uncomfortable either, if one contorted themselves in the right away.

"Get down here, Grey. I won't bite. Scout's honor." Skyler crosses her fingers and, hilariously, attempts to don a mask of angelical innocence with little to no success. Especially when an impish smirk cracks through it, highlighted in the dying amber sunlight. "For the most part, anyway."

His attempt to be polite about her drink of choice rips a peal of laughter out of her. Her eyes crinkle in amusement when she looks up at him.

"Really, pretty boy? This is shit." Despite the boasting fisherman she'd bought it from who'd assured her of its quality. The fact that it had been distilled in some guy's basement should've been a clue. 

Then again, Skyler hadn't bought it for the taste.

"I certainly hope so. That's the goal anyway." That isn't quite the truth. Atalanta's pokeball is attached to her belt for - emergencies. And emergencies only.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
making good on a deal
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2021 2:05:05 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie14"]
[attr="class","top"]

"i was trying to be kind," he says with a small, nervous laugh. it truly had tasted like foul shit — smelled it, too. "should we be drinkin' this up here? if we spill it, it's likely to just eat through the wood." god-damn battery acid.
[break][break]
it was comforting to see skyler was no different than she had been in the race. still, as he looks down, he can't help but suspect she'd pull something dirty and cheap again, like, y'know, tossing his ass off and into the waves below. she would't... would she...?
[break][break]
"well," he begins, taking another swig of the toxic substance for the courage, "it's a good thing i have my will already written." that was one lesson he learned from his last experience with skyler. you never knew when you were going to die. that's a friendship everyone needs.
[break][break]
[break][break]
"you think doordash delivers up here?"

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
making good on a deal
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2021 18:31:58 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"Guess we'll have to risk it." If the captain's worried about the potentially acidic properties of the liquid she's ingesting, she shows none of it.

As if to underline her statement, she takes a long swig of the drink, eyebrow twitching a little at the quantity that travels down her esophagus. Despite her tolerance for shitty alcohol, even Skyler has her limits - and this Arceus-forsaken drink is pushing it.

But what kind of challenge would it be if it didn't challenge her - and her liver - too? A boring one, that's what.

"Y'know what, I never tried ordering something from up here." Looking around, Skyler finds no cellphone. She must've left it down in her apartment. Ah, well. She's not climbing back down until she's well and truly sloshed. "You can try and order something, I guess." It wasn't a half bad idea. "I want a burger and fries."

She highly doubted someone would climb all the way up to the crow's nest. Now if they had a flying type...

"How 'bout we make a game out of this, hm, pretty boy?" The bottle is waved about. There's a dangerous glint in Skyler's eyes that preludes trouble. "Get to know each other." 

In her defense, she barely knows anything about Grey - other than he's got more balls than she'd ever give him credit for. Hidden depths and all that.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
making good on a deal
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2022 0:36:32 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie14"]
[attr="class","top"]

he tosses her a nervous chuckle, idly fingering the food ordering app on his phone, when she issues the challenge. he cocks his head in her direction, eyes narrowing ever so slightly. the last challenge had nearly killed him a few times. that wasn't a good presedence.
[break][break]
still...
[break][break]
"okay, i'm game," he tosses a swig down of the liquor, nearly dropping it as he settles into a coughing fit. when all's said and done, he's wiping tears from his eyes, his voice hoarse, "what are you thinking?"
[break][break]
blurry eyed and in a small dose of pain, he works his way through the menu of a burger joint.