snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
honey
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2021 3:53:42 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i”]god it's been... years? maybe longer?

the scientist had been a nervous wreck the entire week. all for one simple fact: ophelia is coming to hoenn. not just visiting but staying. and now that the day of arrival is finally here, she's... well, a disaster.

how many times can someone clean their house in one day? currently, the number is ten times. she expects it to increase by another two, maybe three before she's finally satisfied. her pokemon have mostly cleared out, choosing to stay out of the war zone and busy themselves in the backyard. and maybe that's a good thing. otherwise, she'd more than likely put them to work.

the doorbell cuts off whatever cleaning she had been doing. her head snaps up, whips over, and she's scrambling to the foyer. of course, she pauses to collect what little composure she can muster.

and when the door opens, she's all smiles and warmth.

"filly," she coos, not even bothering to wait a moment before she's stepping forward to wrap her up in tight hug.

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Castaway

Lia, Filly
She / her
sixteen
February 10
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Florist
Civilian
5 height
5 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
18 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ophelia
Ophelia Reyes
honey
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2021 16:05:22 GMT
Ophelia Reyes Avatar
Sweet sixteen had finally come and gone. She was now on her way to becoming an adult, a woman with ideals and a career and a future laid out in fancy brick steps ahead of her. All she had to do was take that big step.

Her parents had, naturally, encouraged her to remain in Sinnoh and take up her floral internship closer to home. It made sense- they loved her and they wanted to assist her in any way they could. But she, surprisingly, wanted to unfurl her wings and take a step outside of the comfort of her parents doting arms.

That, and the heart wants what it wants, and ever since had moved to Hoenn, she had felt three parts empty.

Was it impulsive? Yes. Was it stupid? Definitely. There was a very good chance she was throwing a line out into the big, wide Hoennian ocean only for Finn to turn her down as she had him. Honestly, she wasn't even sure he was still here.

But it was worth a shot, right?

Ophelia exhales nervously, her breath shaky as she presses the doorbell and sets her heavy luggage down. She's brought nearly her whole life with her. She lived humbly, so the suitcases were really only filled with clothing and the like, but it was enough to widen your eyes at.

When the door opens, Filly breaks into a warm, beaming grin - and is quickly pulled into a warm hug just as she is about to bend down to pick up her bags again.

"Oop! Illie, hi! Wow, gosh, it is so good to see you."

Tears well up in her eyes, and she returns the hug.
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
honey
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 23:56:07 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i”]don't release just yet. savor the moment. etch it into your memory.

warmth radiates between their bodies, their smiles, their blissful tears. she feels them prickle at closed corners. gravity tugs until one escapes and like rain, they fall in succession. one after another.

her hold tightens.

and then releases, suddenly aware that she's likely suffocating.

"i missed you," she whispers. her body pulls enough to hold filly at arm's length. and there she lingers, glancing the teenager over as a mother would a child. "god, you're so big now!" a memory of younger versions plays in her mind's eye. they were so small, then. so innocent, so pure. and then time ebbed and flowed as it always does and they're no longer the same as they were.

she still holds the memory close, cherishes it.

"pretty, too!" a giggle escapes. it's a chiming sort of sound, reminiscent of a soothe bell.

finally she releases. filly's bags are collected with quick movements, her smile never managing to slip away from her lips. it spreads roots into the bones of her cheeks and grows.

"come on," she steps toward the open door. "i have a surprise for you."

a single pokeball awaits on the kitchen table, adorned with a satin bow.

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Castaway

Lia, Filly
She / her
sixteen
February 10
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Florist
Civilian
5 height
5 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
18 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ophelia
Ophelia Reyes
honey
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2021 0:16:30 GMT
Ophelia Reyes Avatar
Ophelia giggles, the noise a bit awkward as Illie squeezes tighter, holds her closer. But it doesn't feel unnatural, just.. different. It feels hungry, like the hug means more to Illeana than Filly. Not that it doesn't mean something to the girl, because it does. But it isn't the fleeting, doting hug from her mother. This is.. different.

It's why she, too, holds on tighter. Why she doesn't let go even when the hug feels like it might be going on for too long. It's why she smiles, beams, glows beneath Illie's warm light.

"I missed you too, auntie."

Auntie, even if that is not really what she is. She's a cousin, but auntie feels.. right. In some ways, they could almost be sisters.

Ophelia giggles, bashful, blushing, as her hands fit into Illie's and the woman pulls at her from arms length to watch her, gaze upon her, compliment her. She melts like putty, unsure what to say or think. Her blush deepens and she glances at her feet.

"Thank you, Illie.."

But her eyes widen and she watches in awe and surprise as her cousin pulls her toward the kitchen, through the open door. There, on the table, waiting for them to witness, is a beautiful pokeball with a satin bow. Her heart beats louder in her chest, faster and then slower.

"A surprise for me? But surely I'm putting you out by staying here, Illie. I-I-I.. I should have brought you something!"