6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Idjit [HH]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 13:37:25 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
He entered the elevator from the topmost floor after having bought what he needed for the occassion: a newly released game for his switch. It probably was one of the only few times one could find Kyle in a mall, besides maybe errands or meetups with friends or important people.

Another person was already inside though. Kyle would give it a single glance lasting only a split second, much like what every other normal person does with any encounter in an elevator. It was just a simple check to see whether it was a stranger or an acquaintance, but mostly to judge whether the person seemed suspicious enough. The person with him seemed bland enough not to warrant any additional attention from Kyle, however.

He did one last glance though. His subconscious somehow telling him he recognized the face.

Legs stopped just as they stepped into the cramped little room, even with the ding that signified the closure of the doors behind him. Kyle found himself staring afterwards, possibly unnerving the individual in front of him. The bored eyes remained fixated at the person as Kyle tried to search his brain on what made him stop and stare. He usually wasn't too enamored with faces and strangers, but his gut feeling told him this person was important to him somehow.

Then again, maybe he was wrong.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
Idjit [HH]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 21:34:42 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","threadtext"]

[attr="class","letter1"]i
nside the elevator he stood waiting. hands in his pocket. he didn't expect the elevator to come to a halt so abruptly. it was a sunday after all, just who in the world spent their time at the league office on a sunday? he was here to register himself and get settled in. not be faced with obstacles. and as he casually whistled a tune did a newcomer enter.

[break][break]

goggles affixed upon the top of his head. he kept his head straightforward. unnoticed to the wearer of a familiar face. mateo was one to mind his business, depending on the situation, but if you were to bother him? expect to get an angry ray of sunshine. the goggle wearing male felt as though someone was staring at him. he couldn't help it, but...it just felt as if he was being uneasily watched.

[break][break]

shifting his sight back upon the assailant. he'd stare back all with a look of confusion at first, but then, "oi!" he clapped at the man in sync with his shout. "you got a problem, idjit?!" mateo asked aggressively. wanting to understand just what the blonde headed guy's problem was. did he want some sort of pokemon battle? did he think this was a video game where if you walked in front of someone that it automatically meant a battle needed to be commenced?! no! what was wrong with him?

[break][break]

fangs bared. mateo directly pointed at the blonde, stating, "if you're trying to ask for a battle pipsqueak you best be ready to bring on the ice and some goddamn fairies!" little did mateo know, had he not been so caught up within the heat of the moment, that the person before him was one of old. "i ain't fuckin' around, idjit!"

[break][break]
party:
[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: you idjit, idjit!

[attr="class","miricredit"]window blues

[Googlefont=Playfair+Display:400,400italic,700,700italic,900]
[newclass=.miricredit]text-align: center; text-transform:uppercase; line-height: 150%;}[/newclass]
[newclass=.miricredit a]font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing:1px; color: #aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.letter1]margin-left: 0px; float: left; font-family: playfair display; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 35px; color: #000; padding: 10px; line-height: 50%; font-style: italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.threadtext]background: #fdfdfd; padding: 0px;width: 360px;line-height: 140%;font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: 0.5px;font-family: sans serif display;text-align: justify; color: #2d2d2d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Idjit [HH]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 22:27:53 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
It was easy for Kyle to flinch against the sudden sharpness of tone that he has to experience. It was still too early for a weekend (which shouldn't even begin until at least noon for him) and having a voiced raised at him didn't do him favors. If anything, it only riled him up.

"Yeah, I do now. You don't need to be shouting in this closed space. Do you have your ears damaged? Sheesh."

He'd finally break eye contact, tilting his head to the lower left of his peripheral as he scratched the back of his head. At least the guy was kind enough to give him an opening. He couldn't exactly tell what he was trying to do, both to himself and to the other. The clothes stood out, and if he was going to be someone he knew, he would have recognized the way he dressed. Maybe he was the foolish one.

"A fight, huh? I'd give you a fight if you want it bad." He'd turn to the panel behind him, pressing the button would bring them all the way to the top. "I'll even be nice enough to bring us the rooftop, where everyone else can see the show." He'd start mashing the button; nothing happened.

"Huh?"

Pressing it furiously, Kyle would shift his attention to the number flashed on a small interface above the panel. The elevator wasn't moving either. They were stuck. The number did not move, and within a few seconds the lights inside the elevator flickered.

"Huh,"
he'd repeat in a contempt tone.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
Idjit [HH]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 22:42:55 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","letter1"]n
ice! his first time here and he was already being gifted a battle?! "hell yeah!" he screamed. punching the elevator's metallic wall with his bare fist. he was excited. this was what he came to hoenn for, to meet all sorts of trainers. hoping to meet someone just the same as that trainer. alas, that dream would have to come to a standstill for the elevator had no longer been active.

[break][break]

the moment the blonde male began to press the button, nothing happened. a widened, shocking gasp had burst unto his face. did he break it by punching the wall? who the hell knew! "are you pressing the right button, idjit?!" he inquired. wanting, wishing, and hoping that were the case. mateo would come to shove the individual to the side, saying, "let me do it, idjit!" he began to rapidly mash all of the buttons. screaming as if he were relinquishing a wave of energy from the palms of his hands.

[break][break]

finally, he'd stop to take large breaths. huffing and puffing, nothing happened. "ahhhh, are you serious!" mateo, then, proceeded to slam his forehead against the metallic wall consecutively. "open, open, open, open, open!" he was in a panic not because he wanted to get out, but because he was practically feeling the weight of a climax from an exciting battle to come. but mother destiny had other plans, and father fate desired to screw with him. "oi, oi, oi, you work here right?! aren't you the custodian or something?!" he'd ask his fellow captive. turning to him with a forehead that shone a bright red mark.
[break][break]
party:
[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: get us out, idjit!

[newclass=.miricredit]text-align: center; text-transform:uppercase; line-height: 150%;}[/newclass]
[newclass=.miricredit a]font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing:1px; color: #aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.letter1]margin-left: 0px; float: left; font-family: playfair display; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 35px; color: #000; padding: 10px; line-height: 50%; font-style: italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.threadtext]background: #fdfdfd; padding: 0px;width: 360px;line-height: 140%;font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: 0.5px;font-family: sans serif display;text-align: justify; color: #2d2d2d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Idjit [HH]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 23:11:24 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"Oi."

The first reaction to him punching the elevator walls was a calm one.

"Oi!"

The reaction to him getting shoved aside wasn't.

Kyle tried to keep a calm demeanor, as opposed to the impatient one Mateo showed. Both of them did not want to be stuck in a cramped space, much so in a company of another they already started beef with. Kyle could feel the same panic as Mateo did, but at least the dragon boy made enough fuss about the situation for the both of them that he did not feel the need to show it outwardly anymore.

His head would turn violently at his assumption. "What? What makes you think I'm one, idjit?" He challenges him in tone, mocking the accent he has with that one word. A bag carrying his latest purchase was on his hands. If anything, it made him look like a customer of the mall more than the other guy is. Kyle ends with a sigh, trying to keep a level headed mind as he points to the panel once more.

"You'll have to press that alarm thing. That connects you to the emergency phone line, I think."

It should alert any individual in charge of the mall security if they do, unless it doesn't work as well.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
Idjit [HH]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2019 0:24:02 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","letter1"]s
taring at the bag in the individual's hand. he'd come to take note, "ah?!" he reacted. he was a customer apparently. that unexpected, why did he assume he was a custodian? there wasn't much room to understand his reasoning. regardless, that didn't fix their problem.

[break][break]

turning his attention toward the suggested button, he'd say, "you better be right about this." his focus remained upon the button. with a sigle gulp, he'd push it. and so they waited. he'd stand there waiting, waiting, and waiting. the button remained pushed in once he removed his finger, but it only took a second for the button pop out like a bullet! the button was flailing about, bouncing from wall to wall. mateo made sure not to move in hopes of not being hit. the button would come to land in between the two.

[break][break]

"wow, that normally doesn't happen in real life." he commented, an excitement donning his face, "let's do it again!" wait, pausing. he'd clear his throat. "alright, well, that didn't work." examining the mechanism that controlled the metal box. he'd try to see if there was anything that could help. "how old is this elevator? when was the last time this thing was suspected!" moving away, he'd come lean his body against the wall. "this doesn't happen where i'm from. what a crap way to start a new experience in a region." he groaned.

[break][break]
party:
[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: get us out, idjit!

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Idjit [HH]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2019 8:44:12 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
He wasn't sure why he found himself oddly amused at his personality. "You're getting excited over the wrong thing," he'd state, ducking on the corner as the button ricocheted all over the elevator.

Standing up, he made sure that everything was fine. The first reaction would be to lean his body on the wall as well, before the other guy beat him to it. After that, he decided that maybe standing up right was just fine. Complaining inwardly, he responded, "You're visiting a crap region. What else did you expect?" The region was in the worst state it could ever be for years, which made him wonder why tourists would still visit the region.

"And, um, welcome to Hoenn, I guess. The place you're trying to get a 'new experience' from sucks."

He'd pause, but figuring they would be stuck with each other for a long time until help arrives, Kyle decides to stir the conversation just to keep himself from dying out of boredom. He wished he had the enthusiasm of the other guy to keep himself entertained amid the situation, but unfortunately, he does not.

"Why are you here anyways? Aren't you too old to be trying to collect badges from a new region? At least, you sound like what someone who does would be."

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
Idjit [HH]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2019 17:58:11 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","letter1"]w
hat?! he's twenty-three, "i'm twenty-three, idjit!" mateo retorted. pointing at the guy, yet again, with an intense shout, "you can be any age when it comes to collecting a badge, idjit! what person in their right mind would collect badges at a young age, anyway?! especially in this dangerous region!" it was ludicrous! to send your child on an adventure at such a young age, he wished he had such an opportunity! but he got all the training he needed back home, and he was fine with that. it made him prepared for the world outside, and even in, blackthorn.

[break][break]

"hey, idjit, this region is pretty damn nice. though i've begun to hear a bit of rumors hear and there about what's going on." scratching of his head he'd place his other hand upon the hip, unsure as to how he should exactly respond to such a matter. "in all honesty, you guys are trainwreck." but then he'd give the blonde haired male a beaming grin, "it's a good thing the strongest tamer around has arrived, the true protagonist of this story!" extending the palm of his hand outward, all five fingers straight, he'd heroically pose in front of kyle with his hand in the male's face.

[break][break]

"i'm from johto. we've had our fair share of trouble here and there. now we're at peace though and that's gotten boring!" it's not to sound ungrateful that there is peace, but those who challenged his gym weren't that all entertaining. "the people back at home began to notice how bored i became, so they thought it was about time i hopped on the train ride to learn about my mother's roots; she's originally from here." mateo explained, a hand returning to his hip. "also, i'm actually here to see someone! a pipsqueak who used to work for me, he was like my little disciple. i wonder how's he doing though..."

[break][break]
party:
[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: :pikasurprise:

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Idjit [HH]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 2:17:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"Yeah, but some people don't have parents who fund their 'pokemon journey' forever."

It wasn't even the reason why Kyle was disinterested with going for badges anyways. He just did not like the appeal of competing with another, finding out someone's much better than you without exerting as much effort as you, and then getting depressed about it.

"Sure thing, protagonist. I'm sure you'll save the entirety of Hoenn, sir tamer."

He'd casually pull out his phone as Mateo posed in front of him, snapping a picture of the display of childishness. The straight face was maintained, even as the click of the phone echoed through the closed space. He didn't mind if he found out that he took a picture without his permission.

Eyes squinted. Now that his face was on the screen, he gets more of an idea that the face had some semblance with an individual he has added on social media. He shrugs the idea off soon enough, now that the elevator starts to shake. Lights would turn on, signifying that the systems were working once again.

"We got reports of a pedophile in the area from some pipsqueak, but I'll ignore that for now." A bluff. It was the other's fault for saying words that sounded suspicious, and Kyle wanted to make fun of him for that. "You still up for a fight?" he asks, pressing the button that leads the elevator to the rooftop even before he answers.

"We'll continue the chat there."

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
Idjit [HH]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 2:37:53 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","letter1"]w
hat?! "screw that, give me your phone!" he exclaimed. attempting to snag it from the blonde. "you don't just take pictures of people and then accuse them of being a pedophile, you creep!" what was wrong with him, seriously?! he had the same personality as his old gym trainer did. "give it here, idjit!" he flailed as the elevator made way to their destination.

[break][break]
party:
[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: :pikasurprise: fin.