awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
snow? in fortree? [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 21:50:45 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

So that freak weather disturbance that had happened a couple years ago—well, it happened again.

What was going on with the region, anyway?! Was it like that other time when the Jagged Pass had become blanketed in snow? What was going on?!

Climate change? Right here, in this region? More likely than you’d think!

So of course the morning dawned, and for some reason there were so many layers wrapped around him. Normally he would be hogging Mattie under the blankets, but now—

Wha…?

Rolling over to look at the window that faced the Sanctuary outdoors, Alexei blinked. Was he seeing things?

“M…Mattie…?” he began, pulling himself up and letting the blankets fall on the bed. He could swear he didn’t turn the AC on last night, so what was with the—

“It’s snowing?!”

a chill day for a date, but wait a second how is it snowing in Fortree?!

@mattis
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
snow? in fortree? [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2021 14:15:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Matt was cuddled under the blankets, trying his best to stay warm. Because for whatever reason, he felt freezing cold. Alexei was usually a good source of heat for him to cuddle next to.

And he noticed immediately when he got up.

Groggily, he groaned when his heat source left. Matt began to shuffle his hands through the bed, trying to gather covers to keep him warm. He barely heard Alex speak, still half asleep.

"It's Christmas time, it snows in the movies..."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
snow? in fortree? [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2021 15:56:17 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He heard the bluenette mumbling, but clearly the other wasn’t as awake as he was.

“Mattie,” he said as he turned back to face his boyfriend, who was groping around for the blankets. “Mattie. Think. This is Hoenn! Snow isn’t a normal occurrence here!”

He was just about ready to freak out, really. He thought he heard a scuffling noise coming from outside the bedroom, but that would have to come later.

Well, Fortree was definitely no Icirrus considering the weather, but…

Lapushka, it never snows like this around here,” he added.

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
snow? in fortree? [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2021 16:07:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Five more minutes," he whined when he heard Alex calling his name again.

Matt buried his face in a pillow, content on trying to fall back asleep. However, he lifted his head, opening his eyes sleepy when his boyfriend continued to try to wake him up.

"What are you talking about? It doesn't snow here," he echoed.

"You're sleep walking, hun. Come back to bed, it's too early..."

However, he was insisting. Finally, with a heaving sigh, Matt crawled out of bed. He pulled on sweatpants before walking over to the window, rubbing his eyes because something was really bright outside.

"Why... is there white on the ground?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
snow? in fortree? [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2021 17:04:43 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you for the past—what, ten minutes or so,” he began, looking beside him and seeing that the other had finally hauled ass out of the comfortable bed (and looked really hot despite being topless, albeit there were some random hickeys here and there that made him crack a smirk for a few seconds) to check what was going on outside.

“I ask you, in all your twenty-seven years of running around Hoenn, living in the wild, did it ever snow like this?” he continued.

“Not counting that time when almost two years ago now, there was freakin’ snow coating the Jagged Pass and there was a ball held there…” he went on, dropping off into silence as he thought back well and hard to that one time.

Either way…

“Sorry if I woke you up, though,” he apologized, leaning over and giving his boyfriend a peck on the forehead before affectionately ruffling the already-messy bedhead the bluenette had and wrapping an arm around the other’s waist.

“You… you wanna build a snowman later, or something? Just outside, still near the pad though,” he offered.

PS: did Alex just—

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
snow? in fortree? [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2021 20:48:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"I think I've only seen snow in the peaks of the mountains. That's about it."

But even then, it probably didn't get this bad. Not that the snow that was falling was bad. In fact, it was rather peaceful. It was just a lot to take in, for someone who wasn't used to seeing so much snow.

"It's okay. I suppose I needed to be getting up anyway," he said, stretching and leaning his head against Alexei's shoulder as he wrapped his arm around his waist.

Raising his eyebrows, Matt glanced up at him. Then he chuckled, shrugging.

"Sure, we can do that. But I want to eat first."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
snow? in fortree? [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2021 3:23:25 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You silly,” he chuckled quietly as he reached over to give the bluenette another affectionate noogie.

“The snow would get like, really thick on the ground back… back where I come from, especially in winter. Wedged between several mountain ranges, well, of course we were going to get a lot of snow…”

He was certain that the weather change wasn’t being caused by the horde; he knew how the Hail storm looked like whenever he busted out the frozen terrain during the non-traditional challenges he would have in mid-air.

“That’s why I said later,” he added as he pressed another kiss, this time onto his boyfriend’s cheek. “I have to make our food first. What’re you in the mood for?”

Outside their room, there were two Wooloo waiting.

One had a crown that was jingling rather loudly, trying to force the door open by sheer will. The black-wooled Wooloo could only roll his eyes at his non-shiny counterpart, waiting for the two humans to emerge from behind the locked door.

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
snow? in fortree? [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2021 19:58:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
What was he in the mood for? Hmm...

"Pancakes, eggs, and bacon. Coffee or hot chocolate, since it's snowing. Can you make the pancakes into little ice pokemon?"

The last part was meant to be taken as a joke, but knowing Alexei, he'd probably try to take it seriously.

"I got the drinks if you got the food."

Reaching into their shared closet, Matt pulled on one of Alexei's old hoodies that he had found while cleaning out. It was still big on him, given their height difference.

When he opened the door, he was greeted with a chorus of baas.

"I guess I'll feed the monsters too," he said, leaning down to pick up William since he was typically the one that would throw a tantrum if he didn't get attention first.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
snow? in fortree? [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2021 3:03:10 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You underestimate me, of course I can do that with the pancakes, lapushka,” he chuckled. “They’re gonna look like Snorunt though. Are you fine with that?”

Sure, he did work at a café diner around the same time he was bartending, however he wondered if he could do that ‘pancake art’ thing that some people were doing on those random social media posts he’d scroll by. Colored batter, though… that was tough.

“You know me, I’m more of a hot chocolate person. With those mallows, mmm,” he remarked as he watched Mattie pull one of his old hoodies he thought he’d already packed away—

“You look nice in that hoodie,” he added as he followed his boyfriend out of the room and right into—

“Will,” he remarked as he placed his hands on his waist, “…you little shit,” he continued with an eye roll at the Wooloo, who gave him the equivalent of the ‘stink eye’ before following it with a triumphant bleat from somewhere in Mattie’s hold.

Looking down at the black-wooled Wooloo, he wondered—

“Hey, Mattie? Have you ever decided on giving him a name?” he asked, as the black-wooled Wooloo followed him to the kitchen where he began preparing breakfast for them to share.

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
snow? in fortree? [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2021 17:47:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Hmm, but what if I want a pancake that looks like Arkose instead?" he said with a small pout.

Matt flattened the bottom of the hoodie to cover his thighs, snorting.

"Stop getting ideas and go start on breakfast. I want to eat and see the snow."

He couldn't help but tease him for getting wound up so early in the morning. As he carried the Wooloo into the kitchen, he turned his head as he heard Alexei talking to him from behind.

"What, the shiny one? I like Smokey," he said with a confident nod.

Matt set down Will, who seemed rather unhappy about that and would continue to roll around and run into Mattis's legs. He needed to get the hot chocolate together, though. Which he tried to convey to the Wooloo multiple times.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
snow? in fortree? [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2021 3:44:16 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The stove was already on, and the pan prepared with cooking oil as he moved to the fridge to get the eggs, bacon and butter out.

The pancakes would come later, after he was done with the bacon and eggs of course.

Turning around to face him, there was this smirk on his face.

“Mattie, is that a challenge? he continued with the same smirk on his features. “You’re on.”

But of course, the eggs and bacon had to be cooked first.

“How do you want your eggs again, sunny side-up or scrambled?” he asked his boyfriend because Alexei was the weirdo who loved his own eggs scrambled with a touch of cheese whenever he got around to making them.

The black Wooloo was there, by his feet, acting like a portable space warmer before turning around to face the bluenette and baa’ing in his direction with this pleased expression on its face.

“Oh, I think he likes it,” he said as he returned his attention to the frying pan once it was hot enough to start cooking the bacon first, while the black Wooloo moved over to where William was being an ass in general and nipped the normal-colored Wooloo’s ear.

“Thanks, Smokey,” he said from out of nowhere, tracking the two Wooloo via his peripheral vision.

“Will, can you give Mattie peace for like, five minutes?

The white Wooloo baa’ed in his direction, before pulling off the pouty face but allowing himself to come to a stop and Smokey pulled him away from the long-suffering bluenette by the ear.

“Thank you, Will.”

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
snow? in fortree? [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2021 4:13:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Matt raised his eyebrows, unable to hide his pleased smirk on his lips. He loved being able to rile Alex up like that. And that fact that he was going to get Arkose-shaped pancakes.

"Scrambled. Can you put some of that hot pepper stuff in them? But not too much."

Was he being a handful? Yes. But Alexei chose to date him, after all.

With the water boiling to prepare the hot chocolate, Matt watched the two Wooloos interacting, unable to help the chuckle as Smokey went to nip at Will for being a bother.

Maybe he'd get a bit of extra goodies today.

The water was done, and Matt got the hot chocolate together. He prepared Alexei's the way he liked, and then he prepared his own.

"It's done when you want it, babe."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
snow? in fortree? [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2021 21:39:13 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Oh, that’s easy enough for me to do.”

So it wasn’t just him who had weird-ass taste with scrambled eggs then. Like two peas in a pod…

In no time flat the smell of crispy bacon and scrambled eggs hung around the air in the kitchen, and the scent of hot chocolate made him step away from the stove as the breakfast plate was placed on the kitchen counter.

“Pancakes coming up in a bit,” he cracked with a grin, never mind if he stuck his tongue out at Mattie just a bit before gesturing at one of the two scrambled eggs on the plate accompanied by what was possibly the biggest stack of bacon he’d made for breakfast ever.

“Omelette on the left’s yours.”

Never mind if he was wearing an ugly sweater that didn’t look like much from the back, but the front was where it really deserved to be termed an ugly sweater…

Because of the message.

Ha.

“Thanks for making the hot chocolate, lapushka,” he added as he briefly leaned over the counter and kissed him again, this time on the nose.

Was he being a tease? Definitely.

“I’ll get started on the pancakes now.”

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
snow? in fortree? [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2021 1:18:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The food was placed in front of him, and almost as quickly as the eggs appeared did they disappear.

Matt was hungry, okay?

"Thanks, babe. They're awesome."

He promised to start on the pancakes, but the longer he waited, the more impatient he grew.

"Alex. Hurry up," he whined.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
snow? in fortree? [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2021 4:31:55 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

There was a flurry of movement in the kitchen area—but he could hear the sounds of fork scraping on the plate before he realized—

“Mattie, did you eat the cheese omelette?” he remembered to ask as he was now throwing the (colored) pancake batter into the pan and remembering to ‘art’ in the opposite direction—basically everything would be coming out in reverse so that when he flipped it over, it would be right side up.

More movement from the stove, some more pancake batter squeezing before he was finished—content, actually—with the design and then the bluenette would see something suddenly flip out of the pan—

“Whoa!” he yelped as he quickly grabbed the pan to catch the pancake in time before it flew toward the ceiling—thank hell it landed in the pan, though!

“Shit, I haven’t done this in a while,” he laughed as he turned to show the other the Lycanroc pancake art he’d made. “I almost fucked up.”

This was all before a very distinct ‘blep’ noise would try and catch Mattie’s attention. If he wasn’t too careful, he might squish the—

“Oh. About that. Remember the teeny Wooloo from before?”

@mattis