singing yesterday's songs [s]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2021 6:05:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

It was quiet for once.

[break][break]No one was rushing into the sub's medical bay seeking medical attention, which seemed odd enough to Evelyn. But she'd take it, and her newfound break, in stride. It provided ample opportunity that she could use to research more on Muk.

[break][break]A textbook, listing different types of Pokemon, was splayed in front of her as she leaned forward on her elbows. Her foot tapped under her desk as she flipped through the pages. She needed to get her hands on one of these creatures.

[break][break]But she wasn't sure if she could do any actual experimenting on a Muk in the sub, given it's container-like quality. They were considered rather smelly, after all. And they were incredibly toxic.

[break][break]Sighing loudly, Evelyn slumped back in her rolling chair, closing her eyes. She wasn't aware that someone was coming into the medical bay until the door opened, startling her. She practically jumped from her chair, going into a defensive mode, when she spotted the assailant.

[break][break]"Shit. You should've announced your presence or something instead of just busting in like that, ," she said, her body relaxing as she sat on her desk. "What brings you here?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#99CCB3;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2021 6:40:02 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","snubis11"]
[attr="class","top"]

bursting in? far from it. if he wanted too, he'd put his foot through the door and knock it off its hinges. but, he didn't want to do that. not to her.
[break][break]
"i've got a rash." his tongue rolls over his teeth, lip twitching slightly. "not that kind of rash either." he lifted his collar down slightly, showing an even redder wound than normally. it was probably stress related, but...
[break][break]
"what'ya got?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-swampert"]

[newclass=".snubis11"]--accent:#b0c4de; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snubis11 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snubis11 blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".snubis11 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snubis11 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snubis11 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2021 1:57:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

A rash? She was going to tease him, but then he showed her where it was located. A missed opportunity, really, but no matter.

[break][break]

Rummaging through her things, Evelyn pulled out a patient gown, tossing it to him.

[break][break]

"Take off your shirt so I can get a better look at the area. When did you start noticing it?"

[break][break]

She reached to pull two pair of gloves from the box sitting next to her, walking over to him and closing the door with her foot to ensure his privacy. HIPAA surely existed in this world as well.

[break][break]

"Eat anything weird? Touch any weird plants? Scratching it?"

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2021 13:51:54 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

he does what she asks, shameless, annoyed, frustrated - all of it, really. "a few days ago," when my child and former love of my life came back into my life, back from the dead for one of them, "and yeah, i've been scratchin' it." could she blame him?
[break][break]
it was red and blotchy, with raised skin in the form of bumps that were highly irritated.
[break][break]
"can ye fix this?"

[attr="class","ooc"]@evelyn[break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-lucario"]

[newclass=".snubis11 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snubis11 blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".snubis11 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snubis11 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2021 1:10:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Evelyn really couldn't blame him. Rashes were addicting to scratch, the relief priceless compaired to the pain.

[break][break]

She'd still scold him for it.

[break][break]

"I know you want to scratch it, but you'll make yourself bleed or cause an infection if you keep scratching it," she pointed out, touching the area.

[break][break]

It was warm to the touch, definitely raised and red from his mauling. She walked away, discarding her gloves to find some ointment to apply.

[break][break]

"Have you been stressed recently?"

[break][break]

She was determined to find the cause of this rash.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2022 23:37:28 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

his lips quivered in the makings of a snarl, but he quickly suppresses it. automatically, the muscles of his neck and shoulders tense, his mind racing back to the cause of his stress.
[break]
[break]
"ye," he says simply, grinding teeth together to noticebly steel his jaw, "ye i've been fuckin' stressed." that was an understatement, of course. he was near the point of tearing out his hair, at this point.
[break]
[break]

"can ye give me meds or not?" he wasn't no damn tweaker and she knew that. or at least, she better.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2022 3:36:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Stress. Alright.

[break][break]

Evelyn could see how short and tense he seemed. Impatient. It made her click her tongue with annoyance, giving him a look.

[break][break]

"You know, you can talk to me about stuff right? We've only known each other for several years at this point."

[break][break]

Several. Many, more like it. But he seemed so shut off, so closed away and wanting to get away. Evelyn didn't like it.

[break][break]

"Let me put on this ointment. We can try an anti-inflammatory, but medication like that may not work. You may just be better off with ointment."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2022 8:21:51 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"i just... got some news is all," he says, turning his head away. it wasn't really good, or bad, but a mixture in-between. he hadn't told anyone except up to this point. only a few would really understand, but... eve definitely would.
[break]
[break]
still, it wasn't easy...
[break]
[break]

"yeah, whatever you say."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2022 3:21:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

"Stubborn."

[break][break]

Evelyn muttered under her breath as she slapped on another pair of gloves, smearing the ointment on her fingers before slathering it against his chest. She huffed.

[break][break]

"You're so fucking stubborn. You know, you probably got this rash because of the stress from the news. Whatever happened, it made something trigger an inflammation response, and now you're scratching at it."

[break][break]

Once she was done, she tossed those gloves, turning to rummage through her drawers again. She found the bottle she was searching for. The pills rattled as she brought it over with a tube of ointment.

[break][break]

"Are you sure you're okay?" There was genuine concern in her voice.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2022 0:21:29 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

he's quiet as she berates him — mostly. beneath her touch, his chest vibrates from the growl that stirs beneath, like a sleeping ursaring.[break][break] "i'm... fine," he concedes, inhaling heavily as the ointment sends a chill up his spine. king swallows, muscles tensing beneath the alien feeling.
[break][break]
"it's just been a long week s'all."
[break][break]
as much as he trusted evelyn, she was rocket. and if rocket got their hands on his child...

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2022 0:01:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Evelyn was finally silent, which typically wasn't a good sign as she set the things down beside him. She busied herself with a wrap to keep the area moist with the ointment, to prevent it from smearing around.

[break][break]

She was hurt that King wouldn't confide in her. Even after these years of knowing one another, from before joining Rocket.

[break][break]

Did he not trust her? She began to wonder how deep their friendship truly ran.

[break][break]

"You can put your shirt back on. Don't remove the wrap until the ointment is completely absorbed. Do the same thing as needed for the itching. You can try the pills. Just don't take more than two every 4-6 hours."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 23:15:54 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

tossing his shirt on, a bit more aggressively than he probably should've, he turns a twisted expression onto her. a mixture of rage and... something more.
[break][break]
"what are ye so pissed fer?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2022 22:36:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

"It doesn't matter, Wayland."

[break][break]

Why was he getting pissed at her? Evelyn gave him a look, crossing her arms indignantly.

[break][break]

"Why are you getting mad at me, now? Isn't that a bit unfair?"

[break][break]

In her eyes, she thought it was terribly unfair. After her trying to help him, he then turned and asked why she was pissed? Stupid. Moron.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 2:29:39 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"unfair?" he echoes, his voice rising, "UNFAIR?" what did she know about unfair? was she betrayed by her best friends? lied too, treated like dirt? did the person she loved hide a secret child she didn't know about?
[break]
[break]
he felt his cheeks getting hot, the marred flesh turning pink before his own, betraying his emotions. it takes him a moment to begin to settle, his breath coming in fast, hot, and out of his control. then he realized he wasn't settling. he couldn't control himself. why was he breathing so hard and fast? why was his chest pounding?
[break]
[break]

...was this a panic attack?

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 22:09:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

It seemed that she triggered something in King, because his voice rose, and he began to hyperventilate.

[break][break]

"Oh... oh, King, sit down," she said, going to her supplies to pull out a paper bag.

[break][break]

Once she found it, Evelyn walked quickly back over to him, opening it with a deft rush of air and holding it to his face.

[break][break]

"Breathe into here. You're going to pass out if you don't. Breathe."

[break][break]

Her hand rested on his back, trying to stabilize him as she commanded him gently.

[break][break]