WRITE REPLY

suzy sneasel snowflake [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2021 1:48:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
T'was a week or so before Christmas...

The sleepy town of Oldale had settled in early for the cold, snowy night ahead. One by one, the lights of houses were switched off or snuffed until nothing was left but the dim glow of lampposts lining the streets... and the lights of the St. Damos Church at the eastern edge of the community. An impressive structure in New England Georgian style, with a spire that rose high into the sky, it stood nobly as a bastion of shelter and warmth in the otherwise cold, dark night. And, tonight, it housed a special visitor.

A bishop from the Sinnoh sect (though, originally, from Alto Mare) had come to investigate a most rare occurrence: the thieving of holiday gifts donated to the church for orphaned children and impoverished families. Though he primarily focused on mysteries of religious importance, claims of miracles, and Ghost-type Pokémon possessions, had chosen to follow-up on this report without hesitation. Christmas, after all, was a holiday he held very near and dear to his heart. He would do what he could to save it for innocent children.

Having garnered good discussion and information from the local pastor, Benicio had bid him adieu for the night and remained in the church himself. The office he resides in stands just to the side of the altar. He sits carefully onto the pastor's creaky leather chair as he goes over the written accounts of two altar boys who'd seen someone (or something) the night the presents were stolen.

And for now, all through the church, not a creature was stirring; not even a mouse.

— mission: the sneasel who stole xmas

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2021 2:05:45 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Luka's relationship with the Church of Arceus is, understandably, a complicated one.[break][break]

Occasionally she can still feel the Augur mark at her throat, a burning light seared into flesh, into her very bones. The horrors that had lurked within the archives are ones she'll not soon forget.[break][break] I don't know how everything shakes out because the raid isn't over so forgive me xoxo. Basically: it's complicated.[break][break]

But all that aside, she still can't ignore someone in need. Especially in a case like this! To steal gifts meant for the unfortunate...it's just too cruel.[break][break]

Even so, it's with trepidation that Luka enters the church and steps inside. Candlelight casts long shadows against the walls, and her heels sound hollow as they click against the floor. There's no one else inside; she holds onto her Lopunny's hand as a lifeline as they reach the back of the church and office that seems to hold the only source of life in the building.[break][break]

A gentle knock sounds on the door. Amidst the silence of the church, it sounded almost deafening. Luka swallows and tries to still the trembling of her knees, the uneasiness that lurks in the very marrow of her bones. This is not a derelict church basement, she reminds herself, and nothing sinister lurks behind the door. [break][break]

"Umm...Monsieur?" She pokes her head into the office, bubblegum curls introducing herself before her face swims into view. "Pardon the intrusion. I'm here, erm...I heard the church was looking for volunteers? To help with, um, some missing toys?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2021 6:22:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
There's a knock on his door. Benicio pauses from his research to gaze at its source with a tinge of surprise at first... then kind, warm eyes. The kind you'd imagine a charismatic youth pastor to have, naturally.

"Ah, yes. Please, come in. I was just looking over some of the reports." He says, gesturing towards one of the cushioned chairs in front of the desk. Briefly noting the placard at the corner of it with Pastor Ferris' name on it, he reminds himself that introductions are in order. "My name is Father Tousignant. You can call me Benicio or Beni, though: I actually prefer it. I'm borrowing Father Ferris' office while he's away."

The wind howls from outside the small, rectangular window in the office. It's far too dark and snowy to see anything beyond two or three feet past it. "Are you Kalosian?" He asks, regarding her well-spoken French just earlier. "I thought they'd send a local."

— mission: the sneasel who stole xmas

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2022 21:41:49 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

She hesitates for an unnaturally long moment, but eventually Luka enters the room fully and flits towards the desk. Her steps are light and quick. Like a child attempting to sneak in a late night snack, she moves like she's trying not to be caught.[break][break]

"Monsieur Benicio," she says, managing just barely to keep her voice level. "My name is Luka Chêne. It's, um, nice to meet you." For a moment she hovers awkwardly beside the chair, then sits down very quickly. Her hands, hidden in the folds of her skirt, are clenched.[break][break]

She had hoped to get right down to business and out of the church as soon as possible. Instead, the pastor fills the air with idle small talk. Clearly he doesn't share her sense of urgency, but that's to be expected. There's no reason for him to fear the church in the manner she does.[break][break]

Verdant eyes flit towards the door. "I...um, yes, I'm Kalosian. I'm sorry, um...i-if that's a problem, I can try to find someone else to help." He's given her an out, whether he knows it or not. But will he actually allow her the opportunity to take it?

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights