Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
Civilian of dubious means
If you want to be strong, learn to fight alone!
awards
247 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Turning to Ash (Open)
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2021 2:43:38 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
Walking back from the Lower District at night, a five foot five teenager was walking down the street with a couple of shopping bags. Inside said bag was a small host of stolen goods. Petty theft. Some of it was for the red head to pawn off and earn a little cash. Some of it was to turn in for a modest reward. And some of it was food for him to eat. It wasn't much, but it was better than nothing. And luckily he got paid tomorrow by his legit job. The yellow eyed guy wore a tattered yellow shirt, tattered blue capris, and worn black loafers. Technically speaking, he was homeless. But he found a decent enough place to reside here in the abandoned warehouses.

Kind of. Asher Baran was no stranger at this point of the homeless life. Stowing away from Alola to Hoenn, and sticking to Slateport, he learned a lot, and put his skills in petty theft to the test. He's also done some odd jobs here and there for various people. And pounded anyone who thought they could stiff him. The teenager had also gotten just as bloody at times, but surprise and an Alolan Marowak at your disposal tended to help a lot. Still, his right wrist was still swollen and bruised from punching a shop keeper in the nose a few days back. The kid had ran away from home...away from neglectful parents who gave all their love and attention to his older twin brother.

And so here he was, trying to make ends meet, and wanting more out of life. He didn't know what, but he was going to find out sooner or later. Hearing some noise, Asher decided to take a quick peek. People getting shaken down wasn't unusual in this part of town. But this sounded a bit more than just that...
close tab

played by

Jess

Tilly, Mattie
she/her
August 2
Bi
Veterinarian
22 height
22 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
92 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greenlaw
Matilda Greenlaw
Turning to Ash (Open)
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2021 18:49:21 GMT
Matilda Greenlaw Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matilda"]

Mentally replaying what had happened on the beach, Matilda held Taika in her arms and paid very little attention to the events around her. Dziban held onto her shoulder, occasionally patting her cheek or nuzzling her comfortingly. [break][break]

The crash of breaking glass near her made Tilly jump and pulled her attention from her random musings to the escalating situation nearby. She starts wandering closer to the commotion with the growing crowd, trying to see what had happened, when she feels Taika tap her arm. Tilly holds the small fairy closer, eyes still scanning the area to try and see what was going on. "It's alright, I got you," she reassures Taika, but Taika lets out a small squeak and pats her more urgently. Matilda looks down in confusion, but as soon as Taika points to her shoulder, she realizes Dziban isn't there anymore.[break][break]

Heart pounding in panic, she immediately begins pushing through the crowd back in the direction she'd come. She calls out for him every few steps, but with all the noise she honestly isn't sure if he'd be able to hear her even if he was close.[break][break]

From the shadows of a nearby building, a small Dreepy darts out from the darkness directly into the face of the young redhead. He hovers there, staring into the boy's gold eyes, his head slowly tilting to the left.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.matilda]font:11px roboto;--accent:#db9dbd;[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda ]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
awards
247 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Turning to Ash (Open)
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2021 3:59:49 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
Ash jumped back and tore the Pokemon from his face. It was a Dreepy. Weren't those kind of rare? Letting it go, it just hovered there. Blinking at the thing, he looked around. There was a crowd, but no one looking desperately for a Pokemon. As curious as he was about the crowd, the red head turned to the ghost. There...might be a reward? Hopefully. Shining a smile and giving it a thumbs up, the kid asked the Pokemon a simple question. "Hey, are you looking for your trainer? Don't worry, we'll find them...and get a reward for your safe return!" Taking out a pokeball, he revealed his own flying type. Fletchinder came out a flew around. "Fletcher, go find someone running around frantically. That might be this fella's buddy."

After a chirp, the fire birb flew higher to take a look around. It soon found someone that did. In a crowd...was there a parade or something? Even parades don't go through the abandoned warehouses. Oh well. It started to fly in that direction, using its red feathers as a marker for where it was. Asher grinned and offered up his left arm. Hopefully the derpy looking thing will take it, and off Asher would follow his bird.

Unfortunately, he got stopped by a couple of punks. Glaring, the jerks wanted him to give them everything he had. Which they admitted likely wasn't much, but a little pocket change never hurt. Depending on where Dreepy was, he'd take out his grandfather's tanto dagger. From behind the two jerks, he could see his bird and a lady heading towards them...

close tab

played by

Jess

Tilly, Mattie
she/her
August 2
Bi
Veterinarian
22 height
22 height
awards
92 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greenlaw
Matilda Greenlaw
Turning to Ash (Open)
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2021 23:56:05 GMT
Matilda Greenlaw Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matilda"]

Whirling around and doing her best to not panic, Matilda called out for Dziban and searched every inch of the area where she'd last seen him on her shoulder. A red feather drifts down a few feet in front of her, and despite her fear she couldn't help but notice how very odd that was. Her eyes flick up to the roof of the nearest building, and sure enough a Fletchinder was perched on the gutter, watching her. A Fletchinder...in a port town? The bird trilled at her and flew a few yards before turning and watching her again.[break][break]

It's a short trip to the scene the Fletchinder leads her to, three teenage boys and so much tension it was palpable. "Hey, uh...everything okay?" She asks the redheaded one - if it came to a fight he'd be the outnumbered party, and the Fletchinder was clearly his.

[break][break]

[newclass=.matilda .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
awards
247 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Turning to Ash (Open)
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2021 3:45:11 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
At the sound of the woman's voice, Asher grinned and said one command. "Flame Charge." Fletcher burst into flames and tackled one of the punks. The other turned back towards him, only to get a tanto blade at his throat. "Better my Fletchinder than my Marowak. If I was you, I'd leave." The cowards ran off. Asher put his dagger back. Now, where did that Dreepy go? He soon found the answer when it popped up over his right shoulder. Then flew off towards the woman. At the scene, Ash just waited until their reunion was over. Fletchinder landed next to him on the ground. "Is that your Pokemon? In that case, I don't suppose there's a reward for its safe return?" He acted all innocently. Although, he would never take a blade out against someone that didn't deserve it. This lady clearly didn't. Still, he'd take what he can get. While not necessarily completely desperate, he was in need.

close tab

played by

Jess

Tilly, Mattie
she/her
August 2
Bi
Veterinarian
22 height
22 height
awards
92 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greenlaw
Matilda Greenlaw
Turning to Ash (Open)
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2021 17:38:29 GMT
Matilda Greenlaw Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matilda"]

The woman watches with wide eyes as Asher handles the situation seamlessly. Her expression shifts to thoughtful at his question, and she looks Asher over before responding. "I don't really have much money," she tells him, "definitely not enough to properly thank you for saving Dziban." The Dreepy, back on her shoulder, nuzzles her cheek and then snaps his head over to Asher. Matilda smiles and glances at the small dragon, quickly focusing back on Asher. "Maybe there's something else I could offer?" She asks, setting down Taika and sliding her bag off her shoulder, beginning to dig through it.[break][break]

Taika's attention is split between the bag being rummaged through and the teenage boy; Dziban, however, is still only staring uncomfortably at Asher.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
awards
247 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Turning to Ash (Open)
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2021 17:12:59 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
Ash's shoulders slumped. Well, that was a bummer. But at least he did do a good deed. He only really resorted to crime just to get by. Seeing as he was too young to actually do anything more. He was about to speak when she added a bit more. Not enough to thank him for saving Dziban? Shoot, he wasn't asking for much. Even if it was enough for just a meal or even some kibble for his Pokemon, he wasn't going to complain. He'd like to say he wasn't some choosing begger. He'd work for food even. Still, good to know that she cherished her Pokemon. He's seen some pretty shifty stuff.

The woman started to dig in her bag as Fletcher landed on the top of his head. He was still being stared at by the Dreepy, and the Togepi (weren't those kinda rare too?) split its attention between him and the bag. "It's fine if you don't have anything of note. I was just curious was all..." Rainchecks was good too. But it was unlikely he'd ever be able to cash in on it. He turned and started to leave. Though if she did have something, he'd stop.

close tab

played by

Jess

Tilly, Mattie
she/her
August 2
Bi
Veterinarian
22 height
22 height
awards
92 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greenlaw
Matilda Greenlaw
Turning to Ash (Open)
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2021 22:08:30 GMT
Matilda Greenlaw Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matilda"]

Matilda looks up at him just as he turns to walk away, and she opens her mouth to stop him but doesn't know what exactly to say. Taika tugs at her pant leg, and her attention shifts to the small Togepi. "Toge-togepi, toge!" she urges Matilda, tapping her shell while pointing to the boy. "Oh - oh!" Mattie realizes, lifting Taika and closing the distance between her and the young boy quickly. "Hey, Taika has something for you!"[break][break]

The Togepi closes her eyes and takes a slow, deep breath. Moments later she reaches into her shell and pulls out a sand-dollar sized piece of broken shell; but unlike what surrounds the small creature, this piece of shell almost seemed to glow, and what looked like thin swirls of transparent pink mist seemed to emanate from it. Matilda smiles, holding out Taika so the Pokemon could hand over the gift herself as she liked to see people's faces when they received their gifts.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
awards
247 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Turning to Ash (Open)
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 19:28:40 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
Asher stopped and turned to see the little Togepi coming up to him. Taika? Kneeling down, he looked at the little Pokemon inquisitively. watching as the little guy reached into her shell and pulled out a sand-dollar sized piece of broken shell. It did appear to glow in the dark night and emitted some kind of pink mist that swirled a little around it. The woman picked up the Pokemon, and he went back to standing up. Togepi held it towards him. It did look valueable, and probably could fetch a decent price to some pokemaniac or collector. But...well, he didn't know if he should sell it. Taking it with a small smile, maybe he shouldn't be so cynical. He probably didn't look so softly at someone/something in a long time.

"Thank you, Taika. You're a sweetie." With a cheesy grin, he nodded at both of them. Turning to walk away, he did stop though. Damn you conscience. "Say, are you lost? It can get a little dangerous here in this area. And you're a prime mugging target. Or worse. I can take you out of here if you want..." And he wouldn't even ask for a reward for it. Not that she had much, evidently...but that didn't mean a whole lot to some people.

close tab

played by

Jess

Tilly, Mattie
she/her
August 2
Bi
Veterinarian
22 height
22 height
awards
92 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greenlaw
Matilda Greenlaw
Turning to Ash (Open)
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 20:19:47 GMT
Matilda Greenlaw Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matilda"]

"Oh that would be wonderful!" Matilda exclaims. This kid clearly knew how to handle himself and she had absolutely no idea where she was, let alone how to get to where she needed to be. Adjusting Taika into one arm she slings her bag over her shoulder with the other. "I just got here, so I'm very lost. Maybe you could lead me to a hotel?" Taking in his outfit, she adds, "I'm pretty sure I have enough money to get each of us a room for the night. Warm showers, clean beds, and free breakfast in the morning," she lists, excited by the prospect of all that herself - after traveling and camping for weeks on end, it seemed like heaven to her. "Does that sound alright as payment for saving both Dziban and me?" Mattie asks with a questioning smile.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
awards
247 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Turning to Ash (Open)
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 20:16:15 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
She was very open to that idea, and admitted that she was lost. Well, that wasn't too surprising. What did surprise him was a different kind of reward. The petty criminal had to admit it had been a while since he had a warm shower, let alone an actual bed...even more so a clean one. But...he also needed his stuff too. "That sounds fantastic! But...I need to get a few things. If you'll follow me, and I'll grab some stuff first, then I'll take you to a hotel in the lower district." Asher even jumped a few times in anticipation. Taking out a Pokeball, he released an Alolan Marowak. Very different from a typical Marowak, his bone had green fire on both end of it. And it was a very good weapon.

When he started to walk, he explained a little bit. "I don't exactly have a home. And to get to it, we do need to separate. Still, Bones here will protect you. He's quite powerful. He may attract some attention, but I've yet to have anyone bother me with him out. Fletcher will help too. His Fletchinder chirped a bit from the top of his head. Luckily, it didn't take long for them to get to an abandoned warehouse. Putting his two bags next a dumpster, his Fletchinder jumped from his head to the edge of the dumpster. Giving everyone a quick salute, he climbed the fence, and moved inside. After about ten minutes, he got to his little area that he had made a small living area. After packing as much as he could, and considered everything else as lost. Luckily, there wasn't much.

Once he got back, it looked like they didn't have any issues. Tossing his dufflebag up and over the fence, he climbed on up and over. His wrist was throbbing a bit, but still wasn't terribly bad. Picking up both his things, he was ready to go. "Ready?" Luckily, it was closer to the lower district. But it was still a decent walk.

close tab

played by

Jess

Tilly, Mattie
she/her
August 2
Bi
Veterinarian
22 height
22 height
awards
92 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greenlaw
Matilda Greenlaw
Turning to Ash (Open)
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2022 6:32:40 GMT
Matilda Greenlaw Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matilda"]

Matilda nods enthusiastically when he says he needs to grab a few things. His small hops of excitement cause her to bite back a smile; he seemed like a really great kid. Why in the world was he on his own!?[break][break]

The odd Marowak he releases piques Matilda's interest, but she keeps a comfortable distance for the Pokemon's sake. She knows the more protective ones prefer to not be touched until they've gotten a good feel for someone, and she certainly didn't want to make this kid or his companions uncomfortable. The green fire it held was fascinating though...[break][break]

Matilda makes sure to focus on the boy's comments as they walk. She isn't exactly ecstatic about his situation, but she is impressed with how scrappy and determined the kid was. She isn't terribly happy for the two of them to split up, but she trusts his advice and intuition and stays where he tells her to, watching him jump the fence and disappear out of sight.[break][break]

She turns her full attention to the Marowak once he's gone. She takes a seat, crossing her legs and lacing her hands in her lap so he knows she isn't a threat, and she talks to the Marowak as they wait for the redhead to return. "That fire is beautiful," she compliments the Pokemon. "I bet the two of you have been through a lot together, huh?" She asks the masked Pokemon, a sad tinge to her tone knowing full well how they acquire their armor. She looks around, Dziban nestling comfortably at her shoulder and Taika sitting contentedly in her lap. "You're both very brave, and very strong," she informs the boy's two Pokemon, perhaps using them to talk about what she knew she could never tell the boy himself. He was very brave, and very strong, but also very strong-willed - he knew how badass he was, and if he didn't, some random words from a stranger he'd known for less than an hour wasn't gonna influence him. It made her feel better being able to say it out loud though, even if it was to a couple Pokemon who may or may not understand her.[break][break]

She pulls out a notebook and draws some rough sketches of the Fletchinder and the Marowak, adding a few notes on their behavior for good measure. The group is only bothered twice, but as soon as the would-be thugs take a look at that Marowak, they turn on their heels and walk away quickly. Mattie is sure to make note of that as well.[break][break]

After some time the boy reappears. She quickly finishes her writings and puts away her notebook and pen, ready to follow him. She nods in response to his question. She was ready for the next step of their journey, to a comfortable hotel; but she wasn't quite sure if she was ready to part ways with the young boy. Matilda didn't feel responsible for him, but rather she found herself caring for him and his safety. Anyone who could get close to a Marowak of that power and garner a gift from a Togepi was not someone to easily write off.[break][break]

Contemplating her options, Matilda gestures for the boy to lead the way.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
awards
247 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Turning to Ash (Open)
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2022 19:16:35 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
The Marowak stood guard, hands resting on the top of his bone. Bones looked at the lady, then looked back where his trainer had disappeared to. Memories, both good and bad, flooded his mind. Still, Asher was there. Always comforting. Always trying to be strong in the face of adversity, teaching and aspiring him to be strong as well. Looking back at the woman, he simply grunted and nodded. Even Fletcher flew to the top of his head and chirped her own agreement. The Pokemon had been his only real friends back home. Asher did have another Pokemon that helped a lot with his theft, but she was a baby and needed to rest.

The woman gestured for him to lead the way. Smiling and humming cheerily, his two Pokemon walked with him. Of course, he'd return them to their Pokeballs since hotel owners do get nervous with fire types. "What's your name, anyways? I'm Asher. And of course you've met Bones and Fletcher, but I also have Silky, but she's a baby and needs rest. We're from Alola." The kid spun on his heel and did the customary Alola greeting while walking backwards. Then spun again to continue walking. Perhaps he shouldn't give out too much information, but he was abnormally happy. Every since her Togepi gave him that piece of shell, he'd been in a much better mood. He didn't know why, but frankly, he didn't care.

close tab

played by

Jess

Tilly, Mattie
she/her
August 2
Bi
Veterinarian
22 height
22 height
awards
92 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greenlaw
Matilda Greenlaw
Turning to Ash (Open)
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2022 21:08:22 GMT
Matilda Greenlaw Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matilda"]

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Asher!" Matilda says with a smile as the boy turns back around, having given her a proper Alolan greeting. "I'm Matilda, but a lot of my friends call me Mattie. Bones and Fletcher are both wonderful Pokemon and they seem to love you very much," she states as a compliment to Asher more than a revelation; if she had to guess, he was probably closer with these Pokemon than any person in his life, he knew they cared for him. Matilda had seen a lot of Trainers refer to themselves as the Owner or Master of their Pokemon, and she couldn't put it into words but that had always made her a little uncomfortable. This kid didn't strike her as that kind of person - she liked that about him.[break][break]

"I'm actually from Kanto, that's why I'm so lost!" she tells him as they walk. "I just got into Hoenn and this is the first town I've come across so far. Unfortunately my team isn't as experienced as yours - I've just got a big ol' bunch of babies," she teases, but her voice takes on a playful tone as she tickles Taika and plants a kiss right on Dziban's forehead. "I'd love to meet your Silky sometime!"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
awards
247 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Turning to Ash (Open)
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2022 21:09:57 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
So she was called Mattie. Looking at his two oldest friends, they both gave him smiles/happy expressions. Looking away, slightly blushing, he paid more attention to the woman. Kanto huh? Wait, wasn't it super dangerous over there? "Isn't super dangerous over there? With Rocket's near and total control and all?" Of course, how much of that was just propaganda and how much was truth? Not that he'd completely doubt it, he'd helped do a few small jobs for them, and they definitely came off as the sort to do a lot of the things the League accused them of doing. He'd certainly didn't want to be on their bad side.

Slateport or Lilycove was often the two gateways to Hoenn. He also got here through Slateport, and just stayed. Mattie teased her crew by calling them babies, making him giggle a little. "You'll see her at breakfast. What brought you here to Hoenn? Seems like there's a disaster every other day..." Not that there was anything he could do to help out with it. He was more focused on feeding himself and his Pokemon, and having a roof over his head. After all, he stowed away to come here. As for himself, he just wanted to get away from Alola in general.