part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
fancy feet [ww]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2021 4:49:13 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

While ice and snow was hard to come by, it was pretty easy for pokemon to set up ice rinks in time for the holidays. Mint hadn’t thought twice about it, eager to experience some type of winter event with…well the cold. Making a sandman on the beach just didn’t have the same kind of appeal. Even if he had no one to go with, that hadn’t dulled his excitement. He’d just barely stopped himself form texting @artemis an invitation. He was still nervous about texting him at all. Hopefully…hopefully Christmas might help repair that a little bit. He really liked the gift ideas he’d thought of.
[break][break]

For now, however, Mint would push that aside as he laced up his rented ice skates and listened to the funky music and the changing lights. Once finished, he wobbled over to the ice rink and held onto the wall. Once, properly on the slick surface he pushed off slowly, leaning forward to gain a bit of speed. Soon enough, he was gliding past the few couples that were taking advantage of the ice rink on a Thursday Night. He’d picked it hoping there wouldn’t be as many people and he could go as fast as he wanted.
[break][break]

Mint’s arms are out for balance, and his eyelids droop slowly forgetting about his surroundings. The music sort of fades and he’s lost in his own thoughts, or well, lack of them. His speed dropped, from a purposefully skate fast eat ass, to a more graceful, smooth movement. Like a piplup moving over a frozen lake. And then he was startled seeing something lunge into his peripheral. By then it’s too late to slow or sidestep as another, clumsier skater bumped him. His hand reached out instinctively gripping on their sleeve, puling them both down onto the ice with a small shout. He felt their bodies slide a few inches further into the rink but for the most part stopped on the ice. “Ughh….that’s gonna bruise tomorrow…” he muttered squinting up at the harsh lights.

[break][break]

+ mission prompt: break the ice advent #17 | mention of piplup [break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a4d6d1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
fancy feet [ww]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2021 6:58:12 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The labors of held no bounds. From the crack of daylight until the lulls of nighttime, the man would tirelessly work himself to death, fulfilling the multitude of responsibilities he had lined up. It was a hard life to live, and yet, there was no escaping its gnawing presence. There was too much on the line-- specifically, 's future. And that came second to nothing.

But even the most robotic workers needed a form of relief. And, for Felix, that sweet relief came in the shape of one perfectly solid body of water and a pair of skates.

Today had been a particularly rough afternoon; a list of rubbish had ended up on his desk, entailing a line of gruntish work that needed to be completed. It was absolutely grueling, to say the least. So once that clock struck 5:00pm, the man had b-lined it to the nearest rink to blow off the steam.

What followed after was nearly procedural at this point: Felix took his duffle bag into the backroom (without sharing a word with the nearby staff), changed into his freshly sharpened skates, then wobbled to the ice.

Eyelids comfortably slipping closed, eyebrows jutted upward, the tall man slid across the rink like an Olympic athlete. Backward Double 3-Turns and forward twizzles filled his first go around, impressing several men in oversized Christmas sweaters, who smile and nodded as Felix whizzed past them.

That is...until the solid sound of two bodies colliding echoed off the dome walls of the facility. Despite the sudden rush of pain, Felix was quick to return to his feet and immediately slid towards the other man to offer assistance. "Sorry," He apologized, sincerity masked behind a stone-cold face.

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,668 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
fancy feet [ww]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2022 4:57:32 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

At least the other skater had the decency to help. Slower skaters floated by them while Mint tried to stop feeling the pain. “Yeah- thanks-” he began, cutting himself off as he grabbed Felix’s hand and was promptly pulled up to his feet with ease. Seafoam green eyes were wide with surprise and maybe even a little horror as he looked up at the taller trainer. He recognized them for a mission once. Mint had been helping move merchandise form warehouse to warehouse and Felix had been the muscle. There had been a fight, and he had watched a rather brutal annihilation of the people that had tried to encroach on Rocket owned goods. [break][break]

Ever since he’d sort of avoided the guy at Headquarters. And maybe that was rude, considering he still like despite watching him very easily threaten his own life on Rocket’s loyalty. There was nuance, you know. Still, he couldn’t help but be dumbstruck by the far more capable fighter in front of him. “Y-You’re not hurt, are you?” he blurted out, finally breaking eye contact as he dusted himself off in an attempt to not look up. [break][break]

It was clear he was intimidated, who wouldn’t be? “I’m sorry- I-I’m usually pretty good at avoiding head on collisions.” He added as if he had anything to fear. The ywere in public. Was would he do? Throw him?!

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
fancy feet [ww]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2022 2:27:31 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix didn't think much of the smaller trainer's fidgeting. A lot of people reacted that way with him, so it didn't seem too out of the ordinary, especially after their head-on collision. At the man's heeding, he took a moment to examine himself, casting his gaze downward at his legs and elbows, stretching out each joint to ensure its capabilities.

All good.

He flicked his eyes back up at him. "No, I'm fine. Are you?" Truth be told, he should've been the one apologizing for their unfortunate collision, given that it was his miscalculation that led to their fall. But...that'd be too embarrassing to admit. Especially after he went out of his way to pull out all of those stunts. "It's okay. It happens."

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,668 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
fancy feet [ww]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2022 3:06:27 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

“y-Yeah!” Mint yelped before clearing his throat in an attempt to calm down. “It’s been a while since I fell that hard, actually.” He said with a nervous laugh. It was a reminder of days long gone, when he’d been younger and learning to skate if only to help his balance. Gelatto had watched him slide around an empty rink for hours easily running and moving on the slick surface himself. Mint had collided many times into walls or fallen on the ground trying to move gracefully or avoid the vulpix. [break][break]

“I- uh…Felix was it?” he asked, pulling for a name from his memory. He’d only done one mission with the guy, but the man had left an impression. He didn’t ask, and they hadn’t explained. That had been a work situation. Here it was casual. He didn’t need to be nervous, but that didn’t change the fact that he was. Most people in Rocket he knew before he watched them fight or work. That was the only reason he hadn’t been so afraid of . Felix was the opposite, and he couldn’t quite separate the images he had of him. He seemed harmless as he was, fumbling around on skates and soft spoken. “Uh-…I-I’d never expect to see you at an ice rink. How long have you figure skated?” he asked, smiling politely as he slowly glided forward, an invitation for conversation.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
fancy feet [ww]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2022 4:30:57 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
“I- uh…Felix was it?”

In an instant, his face became the reflection of a confused dog. Did they know each other? He clambered the shelves of his memory as thoroughly as he could, but for whatever reason, he held no memory of this man. It was probably a coworker, he ended up assuming.

"Yea." He confirmed his name without asking the other for his, as that would reveal his already apparent forgetfulness. With long solid strides, he followed close beside him, the breeze of the AC combing back his hair.

The man's question, tagged along with an assumption, brought a slight frown across his lips. Did he not seem the type? "Why not?"

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,668 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
fancy feet [ww]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2022 5:06:53 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Mint isn’t stupid. Most of the time. He was quick to turn away and pretend not to notice his coworker not remembering him. Or perhaps he was surprised Mint had bothered to. Either way, it’s slow and awkward but he would give him a little help. If only to keep the conversation going. As the glided around the rink, he reintroduced himself. “It’s Mint. We…uh…we were on a big mission together but nothing that bad happened. Just moving supplies and stuff.” He said. “Someone told me who you were.” He added. [break][break]

“Why? Uh.” He echoed, pausing to let his brain catch up and form something tactful. “You seem like you’d prefer a gym and a sandbag.” He said before adding quickly, “B-Because you fight good. And lift heavy things. You know-” Gym Bro stuff. Mint, by contrast, only figure skated. That had been his only sport and it wasn’t like he’d ever bothered competing. Speed skating was boring and…well figure skating was performance. That was just something he never would’ve worked up the nerve to do as he was.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
fancy feet [ww]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2022 5:28:32 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Mint? The name didn't add much to what he already had. If anything, it only worsen the situation, as he briefly confused him for someone else from ANVIL.

"Oh..."

The follow-up explanation behind his assumptions only further tugged the ends of his lips downward. Figure skating was an old hobby he had taken up after joining ANVIL. It was the type of sport his father would never allow his son to participate in, and so, he only desired it that much more after regaining his freedom. "I do that for work, not pleasure." He stated flatly. While it was hard to blame Mint for holding that misconception of him, it didn't hurt any less to hear. It only reaffirmed the fact that no one thought of him more than a work horse. Maybe they were right.

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,668 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
fancy feet [ww]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2022 22:51:19 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Mint smiled, not pushing the subject any further. It'd taken him a while to play a more active role in his missions with Rocket. At least, he eas attempting to manage. Perhaps his friends had gotten a little busier during the holidays, but there was always someone training and someone looking to take out their anger in a spar. One day he'd dare foght someone with his fists. For now? A bat and Cacio'd paralysis it was. "It's ok. We didn't talk too much." He said hoping to aleviate some worry, if Felix even had any. [Break][break]

Mint frowned ar his response. Work huh. Well, yeah you could have hobbies outside of work but from his understanding the guy was some sort of super soldier. Or ex merc. Something like that. "You don't like being strong?" Its hard not to keep thr envy out of his voice. Its as if he was accusing Felix of something. He shouldn't. Work was work, he understood that too. And physical strength, like any skill, could he honed. But still. The pressure was starting to mount now that had more or less told him he was being watched. Why? Gods only knew. His anxiety spiked and his resolve had doubled after that. "What else do you do for fun, besides figure skating then?" He said, skates taking to ice with ease.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
fancy feet [ww]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2022 2:01:21 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Did he like being strong?

It was an odd question to ask, there was no doubt about that. Even then, he found his answer a mystery to even himself. Sure, having natural-born (and easily honed) strength was advantageous, but it was this skill that led him to where he was now. Stuck working for a company that demanded more and more of his body, while still trying to run after the image his father built for him. Maybe things would've been different if his brawns were traded for some brains.

"I don't think about it." That was the only answer he could come to. And it was true, to an extent. He just couldn't offer an in-depth explanation.

"...what else do I do?" Felix echoed back the man's question, a hint of confusion was still evident in his eyes. Another odd question. "Nothing."

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,668 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
fancy feet [ww]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2022 0:29:39 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Mint blinked, unsure how to respond. He dind’t think about huh. He wondered what it was like to life that confidently. “Must be nice.” He said, still managing to smile despite the frustration at himself bubbling up. That hadn’t been why he’d come to the rink at all. He was here to have fun, distract himself for work. Maybe he should stop pursuing a topic that would only piss him off. [break][break]

Besides, he didn’t really know Felix. He shouldn’t burden him with that on his free time either. “N-Nothing?” the grunt blurted out, laughing a little before he could even stop himself. He managed a snort before clamping his mouth shut and looking straight ahead of them as they continued laps around the rinks. “So, 2/3s of the year you just…don’t go out?” he asked. The Ice rinks weren’t operational year-round after all. At least they hadn’t been since he’d lived here. Maybe there were, and Mint just had no idea where to find them. But there was a reason he kept visiting Shoal Cave with his ice types. “That’s not exciting at all, Felix.” He said, teasing the boring man just a bit. “Is it a time thing or you don’t want to do anything?” he asked pestering the man with more questions than he ought to. “OR is it more, you don’t have anyone to do stuff with?” Maybe he was shy. Who knew at this point? The man was weird, but he felt a little bad for him.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
fancy feet [ww]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2022 16:37:01 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Time.

Time was collar coiled around his neck. It firmly gripped at him, threatening him with possible suffocation if he ever dared to step forward. Instinctively, Felix's hand rose to his neck, cradling the imaginary snake of raw skin. "I don't have the time." He answered flatly. "If I do, I come here. When it's closed, I go roller skating." Each sentence was strung together by a factual tone that indicated no hints of hesitation, no sign of thought or care for the pity Mint displayed.

After all, it's not like he had a choice in the matter. He was just following through with his obligations - there was no need to be depressed about something as simple as that.

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,668 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
fancy feet [ww]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2022 2:19:56 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Mint watched the other curiously, trying to get used to Felix. He wasn’t as threatening as before and there is some comfort brought to him by being out in public, and also of being coworkers. “You love skating, huh?” He asked. A time constraint, eh? And because he had such little time, he probably stuck to something that would be a surefire nice time. Something familiar. “I love skating, but even I’d get bored of it if I did it every day.” There’d been a reason he’d not pursued the sport.
[break][break]

Perhaps Felix wasn’t fishing for pity, but he would still get it from Mint. “Hey, why don’t we hang out sometime? We can come here again.” He asked, before offering a cheeky grin. “Or we could go somewhere else? Somewhere new, maybe?” he asked as if dangling the prospect would entice the taller man. “Give me your phone number after this lap, my schedule’s pretty flexible and there’s really fun looking welding class I’ve been thinking about going to!” he added excitedly as he clung to the other skater’s arm forcing the subject before their time together ended.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
fancy feet [ww]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2022 4:25:58 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

Mint's sudden surge of exuberance was sudden, and well, he wasn't quite sure how to respond. When was the last time someone offered to go out with him for pure reasons? A year? Three? Felix briskly slide beside him, eyes pointed straight forward, face as stony as ever. "Sure."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,938 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
fancy feet [ww]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 2:31:47 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: