[attr="class","displaypkmn9"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn10"]

[attr="class","displayscreen8"]

[attr="class","displaycolor8"]

[attr="class","displayborderg"]

[attr="class","displayflowers"]

[attr="class","displaytitle"]DEREK'S GREAT ESCAPE

[attr="class","displaytext"]

Derek's exhibit is a free-range ranch featuring a small single floor building made in the likeness of the buildings in Blackthorn City.[break][break]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
derek's exhibit
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2022 8:12:07 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Having some time to kill before work, Derek approached his makeshift ranch with Jonesy atop his shoulder, greeting the Miltank, Grumpig and Spoink before letting out a loud whistle.

"Ah, there you are." Alerted to his presence, a blazing tail can be made out in the early morning sky, signaling the approach of his Charizard before it makes a hasty descent. "Always ready to kick up some dust, ain'tcha?" A gentle pat was all the affection he afforded, Derek's pokemon letting out an arrogant huff as it accepted what it viewed as a compliment. Which it was...more or less.

"Seems like you've been working hard to chase wild pokemon out of here." A second look around would allow him to take in a sight he'd been hoping to see. Property void of vandalism, and pokemon unscathed. Though his "retired" nurse Blissey was here to tend to any needs of first aid, there was still some amount of worry he harbored for his pokemon when he was away.

"Here's something for your efforts." Pulling out a piece of meat for the pokemon he was going to give to it regardless, Derek was glad to see it happily cook and consume the food without reluctance. Sometimes it was hard pleasing Apollo, who much preferred the days of it's youth in the care of Derek's sister. "Keep it up and there's more in it for ya." Turning his attention to his phone, a message had popped up asking for him to report at HQ as soon as possible.

"Oh, gotta go! You all behave now, I'll be stopping by later with more food." Waving back at the pokemon, the ranger and his Sobble quickly took to the back of his Corviknight, which promptly flew them to the ranger headquarters for...whatever it was.
@exhibit

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
derek's exhibit
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2022 23:15:51 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Deciding to pay the others a visit, Derek strode into his ranch with Jonesy at his shoulder, quickly approached by the Hisuian pokemon who'd been under his care. Unlike their originally hostile demeanor, they seemed to enjoy the peaceful life here on the ranch.

"Alright you two, reign it in a little." The Hisuian duo were just a little too fond, nearly knocking Derek over as he allowed them to nuzzle and show affection. "Some nice people came by to have a look at the ranch. They didn't believe you'd be so well-tempered." Chucking some feed their way, Derek welcomes the two families through the nearby gate.

In truth, it was mostly their kids that wanted to see pokemon that didn't belong to their timeline. Though upon laying eyes on the Zoroark, they were quite thrilled. Both because of the intimidating look in it's eyes, and how fluffy it was. "No petting, by the way. Unless it's the Miltanks or Grumpig. Some of us have trust issues, but feel free to take some pictures."

After about half an hour showing them around and doing his best to locate all the pokemon, Derek's Blissey came out and helped him see off their guests. It was nice to see the look on the kid's faces when they watched these pokemon for the first time. If only they knew the trouble one had to go through just to acquire one, let alone train them properly. The process of domestication wasn't a feat accomplished within a single generation, and that was exactly why he wouldn't let them get too close to the Zoroark.
@exhibit
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
derek's exhibit
POSTED ON May 13, 2022 22:34:03 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Another day at the ranch meant waking up early to get his Miltanks, well, milked. Though it was actually Blissey who helped whip them into shape, providing the buckets for them to use. Derek, on the other hand, was bringing breakfast around to everyone.

"Zoroark. Decidueye." These two are offered meat, and quite a bit of it. Their need for protein was not unknown, and since they guarded the ranch and farm pokemon while he was away, it was more than deserved. "I think you guys are gonna like that." It was a new cut that they weren't used to, and the butcher even went so far as to season and tenderize the meat before packaging it.

The pigs were given a variety of things, like berries and nuts, as they had quite the sweet tooth. Shedinja didn't seem to like eating food Derek brought, but for Cutiefly an assortment of flowers were in order. As everyone seemed to enjoy their breakfast, Jonesy tugged on Derek's collar for attention. "What?"

The Sobble seems jealous, and a little sad. As if it was wondering why Derek didn't have anything for him. "You think I forgot? Reaching into his pocket, a particular berry sat on the end of a lollipop stick. Candied in syrup and sprinkles, Derek offered it to Jonesy, whose eyes and mouth watered up at the offer. "Haha, enjoy it."

Taking a seat on the stairs, the gym leader takes in the scenery as the morning sun finally finishes breaching the horizon. The days had been growing warmer, and he was very much looking forward to another summer here in Hoenn. But for now, Derek needed to decide on his own breakfast...
EXHIBIT
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
derek's exhibit
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 4:50:24 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,derekswarm]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
stare into the abyss and find bravery

[attr=class,lyric2]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
within the mantle of the reaper

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]
and the steel of his scythe

[attr=class,bulk][break][player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/277808764445261825/978573949803831316/adjusted_interstellar_quiet.mp3[/player]
[break]
Today started like any other, with Derek deciding to pay a visit to his fenceless ranch and tend to his pokemon there. Breakfast was in order, and after they ate their fill, it was time to work. First he made sure the Miltanks were milked, and then he checked the fields to see which of the seed had taken. For the most part it was all useless, frustratingly so because there wasn't a single sign of salac berries developing.
[break]
[break]
It was time to go check on his scarecrows, which were actually his Hisuian Decidueye and Zoroark. They made sure nothing bothered his farm, be it the cows, pigs or even the crops. Not that the crops were really worthy of mention.
[break]
[break]
Bringing them in for a break, Derek allowed them to take a longer break than usual while he cleaned the stalls. It was busy work, and so was spreading the fresh hay that'd just been delivered. His pokemon helped get it off the truck, but resumed their duties while Derek forked it around for the Grumpig and Spoink.
[break]
[break]
Derek is too preoccupied with his duties at the ranch to notice the shadow sprawling across the sky. His phone began ringing non-stop, but it goes largely ignored because his hands are dirty. He's busy. It isn't until his Skarmory wakes up and starts crowing that he is made aware of the blackening clouds and sky...
[break]
[break]

[attr=class,bottom-text]
DEREK'S EXHIBIT

NORTH PETALBURG RANCH

[attr=class,derekswarmcredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.derekswarm .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .accentborder, .derekswarm .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .accenttext, .derekswarm .bulk b, .derekswarm .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://images2.imgbox.com/46/e5/pczsb9ti_o.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(40,40,40,0.1),rgba(50,50,50,0.6));[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .lyric1, .derekswarm .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .lyric1 div, .derekswarm .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 25px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derekswarm .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarmcredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarmcredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
derek's exhibit
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 1:39:14 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Making his approach, the pokemon of his little farm came to greet Derek. It had been some time since he last visited in person, the piling duties of his station getting the better of him. With a bit of a lull taking place, he assumed now was a good time to take a load off.

Sharing some special snacks with them all, he can't help but find himself staring out at the sky. Last time he came, the gym leader answered to the call of a blackened sky. Derek's thoughts quickly turned to the ones he lost on that day. The first Skarmory he'd raised. But after everything, he learned now that they were still out there. Somewhere.

The gentle nature of his pokemon nudging him in gratitude for the tasty treats brought him back, allowing Derek to simply enjoy the moment for what it was. Still, deep down he knew it wouldn't last.

How could it?

tl;dr
lucky letter +1
@tagging
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
derek's exhibit
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 14:00:49 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Well, it's not much, but... It's their home." One of the kids from Petalburg decided to follow Derek back to his "ranch". He wanted to see where the prior gym leader of Hoenn kept his big, strong pokemon that he fought members of Team Rocket with during all of the League's battles against the criminal syndicate.

"Also, I lied. My team doesn't actually live here. Just the ones that are suited to farm life... And a few that I wanted to give some time to adjust." The kid groans and gripes with discontent. He looks on at the place while shaming Derek for being a liar. That is, until he notices the Hisuian Zoroark step out from the tall grass. The boy is suddenly ecstatic, having never lay his eyes on such a creature. "Ah. So that's what you're looking for." Something that looked cool, or ferocious. For Derek, those definitions intermingled some.

Jonesy, who stands between them, happens to enjoy the child's company. To show off his "friends" further, he rummanges through Derek's belt holsters, grabbing one that seems to be marked unlike the rest. "H-hey, wait! That one's not—!!!"

The Tyranitar afflicted with the pokevirus that denotes heritage of shadow pokemon stands before them. It's temper flares at the sight of the Zoroark—Animosity stemming from territorial behavior. They begin to fight, damaging the land as well as the crops. "Woah, woah, woah! Same team! SAME TEAM!" His protest is no good.

As any rancher or ranger would, Derek resorts to the old-fashioned method of getting a pokemon to listen—To obey his voice when it is heard. The Machamp that comes flying out from the next pokeball is quick to act as an equalizer, as the Zoroark was not the fighter this Tyranitar happened to be. The boy exclaims how awesome the short-lived skirmish was. That he wishes for a Tyranitar like the one Derek quickly recovers with the vacant pokeball it had been freed from.

"Y'know, kid—" He pauses, reluctant to ridicule the Petalburg youth. He wasn't mad at him, after all. It was the damage to his property, and the work to fix it that the ranger was unhappy with. "...Nevermind. Although I am a little surprised that's all it took." He didn't even show the kid mega-evolution. Or one of his legendary pokemon, either.

"That one's not even properly trained yet. Only battled with them once, two times tops." But that doesn't matter to the boy. He asserts that the more wild the pokemon, the better. Oh, and that it's fully-evolved. "Want to make a bet?" Of course the child nods with excitement.

"I'll loan you a pair of my strongest pokemon to test that theory out in a battle. A hundred pokedollars says you won't be able to knock out just one of the two I use." The kid's naivety is clear, though he does at leasy begin to grow quiet in serious consideration. "Oh, not that I am expecting any money from you when I win." The arrogance succeeds with it's desired effect to egg the kid on.

"Come back tomorrow, then. For now, let me show you my pokedex so you can pick out your team for the match." A second test. Derek wanted to see how well the kid studied. Whether he was comfortable in claiming which were the strongest.

...TO BE CONTINUED
EXHIBIT POST