against the wall [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 18:36:35 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

The Lilycove Department Store was overflowing with the usual arrangement of weekend shoppers. Sometimes, Bailey thought this place busy only because it was the only worthwhile destination in the entire city. It was either go shopping or go watch the wailmer from the cliff-side.[break][break]

From those two choices, the Officer would have rather thrown herself from the lighthouse that loomed in the distance. Her fingers pinched into the fabric of one of the arranged pokemon plushies–a pikachu–and wondered why she thought this would have improved her mood. The red cheeks and the hopeful eyes of the plushie do little to alleviate the sordid mood that continued to brew in Bailey Cooper's mind.[break][break]

She was still suspended from work. The league was pushing her away, telling her to take time to herself, trying to think of any excuse to keep her from kicking down their doors and demand a task to keep herself occupied.[break][break]

They must have thought she was still in mourning. They must have thought she was an absolute wreck with grief. Whatever they thought, it did not matter to her–she was just pent up, eager to find a way to get herself back into the flow; eager to distract herself from the ghosts that seemed to linger.[break][break]

Her hand had been wringing the toy's neck. Upon noticing this, Bailey tucked it back onto the shelf, and avoided any odd glances as she made her way to the stairs.[break][break]

This had been a waste of time–[break][break]

“Hey, did you see who that was?” and the Officer paused when she overheard the whispers of two women standing to the side of the stairs. “Was that actually her? There's no way...Evelyn Silph? Here?” The name sparked like fireworks; she remembered the name. She remembered the Silph that had gone astray. She remembered a afternoon spent in Slateport, after the Rocket had raged their destruction, and her efforts to move through the ruins before coming across the internet star–[break][break]

“I swear I've seen her in that exact outfit. The hair's wrong, but it could be a wig–” Bailey yanked one of the women out of the conversation, flashed her officer's badge, and watched as the woman stuttered before pointing out who they thought was the runaway Silph.[break][break]

And the girl was making her way to one of the elevators.[break][break]

Bailey Cooper ran. The elevator doors had started to close, and she wondered if the Silph had seen her as the Officer darted across the linoleum floors; frustration clear on her features as her body twisted. She squeezed through the tight space–the small gap before the doors could close–before anyone could wonder why she had just sprinted across the department store, just to catch the elevator.[break][break]

And with her momentum, she slammed both hands to the wall, trying to pin the woman as if she were a drunken man with no respect for boundaries; her sunglasses had slipped down her nose, letting her eyes focus on the accused traitor without anything to shield them. "It is you."

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

; [mission page]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
to be a flower you need rainy days.
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
against the wall [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 19:37:33 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","threadtext"]

[attr="class","letter1"]b
ack against the wall. this reminded her of a scene found in one of her personal videos. right arm under bosom, her left arm resting atop. she stared directly into the eyes of the shaded woman who, many in the league knew, to be . an officer with commendable eminence; she was best known as the beast who rode the train and dominated rocket's lackeys. yes, she was quite a fierce woman to face. how was she not renowned throughout the same as she? evelyn never knew.

[break][break]

a face of steel remained frozen. a single hand arose, her finger pointing upward. "up." she said, "we're going up." she needed to get to her destination. the store, after all, was having a limited time special. she had to retrieve it before time was up.

[break][break]

of all the encounters she had to have today, it was the amazon of the league. "if you're here to arrest me, you may not want to 'cause a scene like that again or else you might come off as a crazy stalker." a brush of her hair was flipped over her shoulder, she'd add, "can we just get this moving and then deal with what comes after?" evelyn spoke, her tone drenched with annoyance.

[break][break]
mission: elevator entanglement
[break]
party:
[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: we're gonna finish it.

[attr="class","miricredit"]window blues

[Googlefont=Playfair+Display:400,400italic,700,700italic,900]
[newclass=.miricredit]text-align: center; text-transform:uppercase; line-height: 150%;}[/newclass]
[newclass=.miricredit a]font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing:1px; color: #aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.letter1]margin-left: 0px; float: left; font-family: playfair display; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 35px; color: #000; padding: 10px; line-height: 50%; font-style: italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.threadtext]background: #fdfdfd; padding: 0px;width: 360px;line-height: 140%;font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: 0.5px;font-family: sans serif display;text-align: justify; color: #2d2d2d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
against the wall [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 20:15:45 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

Songbird's annoyance did not escape her, nor did their proximity; it had been an accident, born from her efforts to get into the elevator before the doors could have closed. Momentum had carried her with only the wall to stop her... but Bailey would not let that truth be known, choosing to act as if it had been done on purpose, puffing her chest to try and seem imposing.[break][break]

“Sorry, am I inconveniencing you?” And there was a loud slap as Bailey brought her hand against the elevator panel, smearing it across the arrangement of buttons until they were all alight with their yellow glow–every floor had been selected from the arrangement, leaving the poor elevator to hum in confusion as it tried to decide on a direction to pick.[break][break]

They were going to be in here for a while. “You don't seem scared to be dragged out in cuffs—know someone will bail you out? Or... think you got a way to get out of this?” She tilted her head, feeling the uneven edges of her bangs brush against her face. Bailey knew that her pokemon were strong. This would be a known fact—the Train Menace had already gone out of her way to toil with a Legendary, before she had bothered to spite Rocket.[break][break]

Even with a dead partner, she would be a handful.[break][break]

“Don't even bother answering that—I don't give a shit. I got something else on my mind,” a question that had been festering in her mind for a long time.[break][break]

Eyes narrowed. “Slateport. Last month. Why didn't you rat me out?” Because it had made no fucking sense.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
against the wall [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 20:41:40 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","letter1"]b
urly as always, and aggressive. listening to her threats and accusations, songbird was caught by surprise from her shock as to why she wasn't ratted out. a steel gaze was broken for but a mere second, turning her attention toward the highlighted buttons, she'd comment, "now that was just unnecessary." a cool disposition remained as a sigh would show the annoyance growing.

[break][break]

she'd give her a bored look, a one-eyed closed and the other open. she would answer her question, "the same reason you're not arresting me right now. i trust you..." she bluntly stated, adding, "...or maybe i'm a fan of the chase. maybe i spilled the beans about you to silas and now he's hunting for your head." a bored expression shifted into one of callous. "i mean, you've heard the stories about me, right? the traitorous canary who flew from the cage; perhaps she did it to escape her brother, or maybe she's in love with the strong, dapper leader of rocket? or maybe she's just some girl who couldn't handle..." she lean in close, almost as if she were planning to bestow unto her a kiss, "...the..." closer, a silent whisper, "pressure." then, suddenly, she'd grab bailey by the shoulders in order to place her right leg behind bailey's left in order to clip her.

[break][break]

the goal was to make her fall in order for songbird to get atop of her and hold her down, if successful, she'd gallantly smile from having captured her by surprise. "you know, if you wanted to corner a girl at least buy her dinner first!" she'd raise the right palm of her hand to deliver a fist to her face, would bailey maneuver her head or capture her fist with her own hand? possibilities were endless of what could come from this tussle, but it was about to be a girl fight.

[break][break]
[break]
party:
[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: i can't believe this is happening.

[newclass=.miricredit]text-align: center; text-transform:uppercase; line-height: 150%;}[/newclass]
[newclass=.miricredit a]font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing:1px; color: #aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.letter1]margin-left: 0px; float: left; font-family: playfair display; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 35px; color: #000; padding: 10px; line-height: 50%; font-style: italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.threadtext]background: #fdfdfd; padding: 0px;width: 360px;line-height: 140%;font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: 0.5px;font-family: sans serif display;text-align: justify; color: #2d2d2d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
against the wall [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 21:11:23 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

Songbird was rambling. Bailey let her eyes glaze over, only picking out some of the details from her little story of fleeing from the League. “Yeah, that's great–listen I really don't give a fuck about any of that–” and that was when the woman seemed to lean herself closer to the officer, letting their breath mix; Bailey's breath was heavy with the smell of alcohol–something sweet and heavy, like a whiskey.[break][break]

“What are you doing?” The officer was not swayed; nor did she budge when Songbird tried to loop her leg around her body, seeking the back of her leg as a weak point. “Kid, kid,” and the Officer adjusted her weight, switching from one leg to the next, to seek balance at the hard yank.[break][break]

Songbird's efforts were so persistent that she had to resort to trying to snag the idol by her arms, using the faint knowledge she could recall from cadet training to try and stop the continued efforts to bring her to the ground. “Why are you trying to take me down like I'm a guy?”[break][break]

If there had been a larger height disparity, if Bailey had been enamored, it could have worked... but this was not Bailey's first fight, nor was she a lanky, well-off tech dweeb with a couple billion in the bank. “Listen, listen, just– holy shit stop fucking moving–”[break][break]

CRUNCH was the sound of the elevator grinding to a halt, caught between floors. It interrupted her words, interrupted their fight.[break][break]

“Really? Really?” Now they were trapped. “Juuuust fucking great.”

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
against the wall [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 21:21:24 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","letter1"]o
h. that was unexpected. pausing their combative state. songbird would come to release bailey. saddened by their fun. she'd quickly turn her back upon the girl, her sight drifting elsewhere as if she didn't do anything--which she didn't, but yet also did. "way to go, officer klutz." she was like a buneary. "i see you haven't gotten any weaker. i suppose that's good." she'd look over her shoulder, trying to keep a cool, calm and collected demeanor. she was quite the character at the most inopportune time.

[break][break]

"it would seem as though we're stuck here, then again you can just try pushing the alarm button if you want to get out that bad." she'd turn to point toward the big, red button. though, would it work is the real question and did she plan on letting the girl out anytime soon? a simple scoff had been given as evelyn made her way to lean upon the side of a wall. she'd flip her hair over her shoulder, saying, "what a mess we're in." her right hand placed upon her cheek; whereas her left acted as a holder for her elbow. "don't you have some skills to get this elevator working again?" she'd ask, should the emergency alarm button not work.

[break][break]
[break]
party:
[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: i can't believe this is happening.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
against the wall [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2019 0:03:47 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

Officer Klutz huffed at Songbird's assessment. “Like I'd ever slack off—you Rockets are everywhere. Can't take a breath without expecting someone to try and shiv me,” and Bailey kept her hand away from her chest, thankful that Songbird had not struck her there... because Pinpin, the poor Pyukumuku, was resting beneath her jacket.[break][break]

Rocket was clever. She had to be clever-er. Was that even a word? “Already seen what happens when someone gets caught by surprise—I'm not gonna let that happen to me,” and she tried to not let her mind linger on the mournful feelings that still tugged at her chest. Right now, she was trying to stay in the moment. This wasn't the time to think of what this war had taken from her.[break][break]

Bailey glanced at the emergency button... and shrugged. “Nah. This is more convenient for me,” and her arms were crossed over her chest, supporting her sea cucumber, as Evelyn Silph leaned herself against one of the walls in this enclosed space. “I've been stuck in an elevator before—want me to go up and break the counter-weight? You ever see Pikachu and the Chocolate Factory?”[break][break]

Her smile seemed to express that she saw no problems with launching the elevator up through the shaft like a bullet from a gun. “And you still haven't given a straight answer to my question. What's up? Trying to think of a witty response?”[break][break]

She took a step forward. “Or are you gonna try and kiss me again?”

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
against the wall [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2019 0:28:19 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","letter1"]a
nnoying. was everyone in the league annoying before she departed. "cute." a flip of her hair once more. they weren't getting out of here anytime soon, so why not play with her? "as fun as it would be to go toe-to-toe with you. i'm heading somewhere, so i'll need to look my best. and i rather you not mess my clothes up." this wasn't the best place to tussle anyway. especially in this tight space.

[break][break]

"you don't plan to let me go until you hear what you want, huh?" songbird--no, evelyn--was well aware of her capability. she was a girl who could protect herself; whereas she worried greatly for kyle. having him know was one thing, but if she were to tell bailey? having another ally who possessed the ability to fend for themselves was good enough to tone down her worry. "it's because i didn't feel like being ordered by silas to kill someone i know. must here be any other reason? your death would be a pain on my hands and fernando's." her orders were to be of rocket legion, not commit acts of murder against her own.

[break][break]

"since when did you become so hellbent on playing detective? did fernando send you to probe me for information?" she asked glaringly. fernando possessed full trust within evelyn, so perhaps she was here to make sure evelyn's heart was still with the league. "i'm not..." a tint of red formed upon her cheeks, "...i'm not the bad girl you all think of me to be."

[break][break]
[break]
party:
[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: i had half a mind to have SLAP BAILEY. :AngryPepe:

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
against the wall [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2019 0:52:32 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

Her brow arched. [break][break]

“What's Fernando got to do with this?” And the truth of the situation would reveal itself to Songbird with that one question–something so dense it would have threatened to split someone's skull in half. Bailey Cooper was not known for her brains, and this would be why. “I haven't talked with that guy since... Wintertide? Some shit like that,” and apparently some chick had tried to assault him, too.[break][break]

“I got my own agenda, you know? My own shit...” and the Officer would have tapped her hand against the emergency button, letting the alarm flash its light to alert them that help was on the way. “Actually, no. I was just really puzzled by that whole fiasco,” the truth.[break][break]

“I just couldn't figure out why you'd bother to play the field like that—Rocket wouldn't hesitate to cannibalize itself, and it wouldn't leave behind a pretty corpse, either,” and Bailey Cooper shrugged, revealing that her intentions had been far simpler than what the Silph had expected. “You seem smart. Letting me slide would have been... not smart, if everything they said about you was true.”[break][break]

Bailey would have watched the woman, even when she was blushed and demur, with a gaze that was seeking any lies; she had always been a good liar. She knew the tricks. Never look to the left, always keep your story straight... and for some reason, she seemed to believe the woman—or at least a shred of what was said. “If that's true, then... well, oof. You're in a real shitty situation.”[break][break]

And something festered in the back of her mind. “Did he put you up to this, or do you Silphs just like to find ways to push yourselves into conflict?” The officer knew that she would not receive a straight answer. It'd be another lie. It'd be another diversion... which was why her eyes watched, waiting for a response that would come from the body than the mouth.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
against the wall [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2019 1:19:24 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","letter1"]h
ow dense was this woman exactly? did evelyn's memory of her former comrades deteriorate? no matter. it would seem as though the elevator began to function from the flicker of lights and churning gears. and as the floor began to move, it would seem to head toward the level with which she was going for. once a "ding!" was heard, it was time for her to get off.

[break][break]

brushing a strand of hair behind her ear, she'd say, "well, it's no secret that our name is a bad luck charm." stepping off of the elevator, arms grasped one another and hidden under her bosom, she'd step off. though, before the doors could close, she'd add, "owe, and do me a favor? i don't know if you know or have any contact with him, but please make sure is safe. he has a knack for getting himself into sticky situations and handling it poorly." she could only imagine just what that dog obsessed trainer was up to. "i'm sure this won't be the last time we see each other, but..." a bashful expression was worn as furrowed brows showed her annoyance, "it was nice seeing you again." and so she was off.

[break][break]
[break]
party:
[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: i had half a mind to have SLAP BAILEY. :AngryPepe:

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,687 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
against the wall [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2019 4:15:52 GMT
shiv Avatar

[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]
you receive the following: 50 poke, 1 infamy[break]
and 10 heart scales.[break]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP