Snowbelle, Kalos
Unknown
Pokemon Breeder
Ex-Gym Leader
Be kind to yourself
Even though it gets hard
5' 3" / 160 CM height
5' 3" / 160 CM height
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep
awards
306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mudlark
Georgette Bluebottle
Serendipitously Soliciting Sums for Spherical Spheals [M]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2021 2:26:52 GMT
Georgette Bluebottle Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Niramit:400,400i,700][googlefont=Dosis:300]

[newclass=".punkisavelight"]background: #ffffff; width: 450px; margin: auto; border-right: 40px solid #DBDCE6;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightimage"]background: url('https://i.imgur.com/4XK687X.jpg'); height: 200px; background-position: center; background-size: cover; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightlyrics"]height: 40px; padding: 15px 0; text-align: center; background: #A3A9C0; font-family: 'Dosis'; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 20px; line-height: 20px; font-weight: 300; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttopslant"]float: left; width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 3px solid transparent; border-left: 450px solid #A3A9C0; margin-top: -18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightbottomslant"]width: 0; height: 0; float: right; border-bottom: 3px solid transparent; border-right: 450px solid #A3A9C0; margin-top: 15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightsecondarylyrics"]height: 30px; line-height: 30px; background: #A3A9C0; text-align: center; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-size: 12px; font-family: 'Niramit';[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelighttags"]display: inline-block; float: left; margin-left: -200px; margin-top: 145px; width: 120px; height: 30px; background: #ffffff; transition: 0.5s; text-align: right; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 11px; color: #989EB3; text-transform: uppercase; line-height: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags a"]font-size: inherit !important; font-family: inherit !important; transition: 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags a:hover"]color: #8D92A6 !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags div"]width: 80px; height: 30px; float: right; background: linear-gradient(to right,#ffffff,transparent); margin-right: -80px; margin-left: -50px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelight:hover .punkisavelighttags"]margin-left: 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightseparator"]margin: 25px 15px; margin-bottom: 0px; height: 1px; background: linear-gradient(to right,transparent,#CFD4E6,transparent); text-align: center; line-height: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightseparator div"]display: inline-block; padding: 0 10px; background: #ffffff; line-height: 10px; height: 10px; font-size: 10px; font-family: calibri; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #989EB3; text-transform: uppercase; position: relative; top: -5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelighttext"]padding: 25px; padding-top: 10px; font-size: 10px; line-height: 16px; font-family: verdana; color: #83889A; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttext b"]color: #7D87A6; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttext i"]color: #989EB3; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit"]width: 490px; text-align: right; line-height: 15px; font-size: 12px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #6e6e6e; font-family: 'Niramit'; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit a"]font-weight: bold; color: #7D87A6; transition: 0.3s; font-family: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit a:hover"]color: #989EB3;[/newclass]

[attr=class,punkisavelight]
[attr=class,punkisavelightimage]
[attr=class,punkisavelighttags]

@ tags
[attr=class,punkisavelightlyrics]
[attr=class,punkisavelighttopslant]

strength may fail[break]
the eyes grow dim
[attr=class,punkisavelightbottomslant]
[attr=class,punkisavelightseparator]

0308 words
[attr=class,punkisavelighttext]
Growing up, her mother told her a plate of food and a smile were really all you needed to make new friends. After her move from the Kalos region to Hoenn, Georgette had decided to take that advice to heart - thus after catching sight of a flyer advertising requests for baked goods and able bodies to raise funds for the preservation of Spheal habitat, Georgette took one look at those charming spheres and instantly pledged her time to the cause.
[break][break]
While she was no great patissier, she had chosen profiteroles, and they came out rather well if she said so herself; each one coated in white chocolate ganache and topped with shelled pistachio nuts, the heavenly scent of freshly whipped cream rose from the platter upon which they were displayed.
[break][break]
"Will you do the finishing touch?" asked Georgette of her Froslass, the pokemon responding with a chirr of agreement. Concentrating a moment, a small current of frozen air sweeps over the profiteroles as the Froslass's behest, causing fractals of ice to blossom over the desserts.
[break][break]
"Perfect, thank you," Georgette compliments with delight, the pokemon returned to her pokeball and tucked way for travel. She then placed a clear plastic lid atop her creation and swept out from her hotel to the meeting hall at the Museum. A few well-placed inquiries led the woman into the appropriate room and to the designated booth she is to share with one other. There she busies herself, placing down a table cloth and setting up the little signs provided to price the pastries, only to look up when her partner at arrives.
[break][break]
With a brilliant smile and heavy Kalosian accent she greets warmly, "Hello, I am Georgette. It is a pleasure to meet you!" Each syllable is carefully enunciated, a decided care taken for a language still somewhat foreign upon her tongue.
[break][break]
[break][break]
[attr=class,punkisavelightsecondarylyrics]

but the heart shall ever last
[attr=class,punkisavelightcredit]template by punki
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
357 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2021 21:45:20 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

The cook did the cooking. Obviously. That was how it had always been growing up. Mother was not exactly one for any kind of chores. Not that the woman was lazy, she’d just considered them beneath her. Plus, that was what the hired help was for. They were not exactly grand Kalosian nobles or anything like that, but well-off enough to eat out whenever they wanted and have at least some staff around the house at all times. Hence, the kitchen was a place for servants, rather than the family. At least in her youth.
[break][break]
However, on a solo journey like Eve’s that just would not fly. Initially, she had subsided on ready-made meals she’d picked up and restaurants, certainly. But eventually, she had gotten into cooking, especially when she’d watched locals do it for her research. And she had discovered that she was not half bad at it. Not great, sure, but she could follow the recipe without screwing up too much. Which meant that occasions like this were for her, at least.
[break][break]
After all, this was not a contest. It was providing something to help out with, meaning anything semi-competent would be fine enough. Though she had put quite a bit of care into her eclaire anyway. Not like she was much capable not to do so. Though she had added a bit of Alolan seasoning just for a nice little surprise at the end. That would at least make them memorable.
After all, she could not coast by being the foreigner this time around. For when she arrived, she was to notice that her partner spoke with the same accent she did, just heavier. “Good day Georgette, I am Evette. And it appears that we are similar in more than just name,” she thus offered with a smile.

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

LAIKA BOSS

Gigi
She/Her
January 1st
Snowbelle, Kalos
Unknown
Pokemon Breeder
Ex-Gym Leader
Be kind to yourself
Even though it gets hard
5' 3" / 160 CM height
5' 3" / 160 CM height
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep
awards
306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mudlark
Georgette Bluebottle
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 0:44:33 GMT
[nospaces]

[newclass=".punkisavelight"]background: #ffffff; width: 450px; margin: auto; border-right: 40px solid #DBDCE6;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightimage"]background: url('https://i.imgur.com/4XK687X.jpg'); height: 200px; background-position: center; background-size: cover; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightlyrics"]height: 40px; padding: 15px 0; text-align: center; background: #A3A9C0; font-family: 'Dosis'; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 20px; line-height: 20px; font-weight: 300; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttopslant"]float: left; width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 3px solid transparent; border-left: 450px solid #A3A9C0; margin-top: -18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightbottomslant"]width: 0; height: 0; float: right; border-bottom: 3px solid transparent; border-right: 450px solid #A3A9C0; margin-top: 15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightsecondarylyrics"]height: 30px; line-height: 30px; background: #A3A9C0; text-align: center; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-size: 12px; font-family: 'Niramit';[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelighttags"]display: inline-block; float: left; margin-left: -200px; margin-top: 145px; width: 120px; height: 30px; background: #ffffff; transition: 0.5s; text-align: right; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 11px; color: #989EB3; text-transform: uppercase; line-height: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags a"]font-size: inherit !important; font-family: inherit !important; transition: 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags div"]width: 80px; height: 30px; float: right; background: linear-gradient(to right,#ffffff,transparent); margin-right: -80px; margin-left: -50px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelight:hover .punkisavelighttags"]margin-left: 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightseparator"]margin: 25px 15px; margin-bottom: 0px; height: 1px; background: linear-gradient(to right,transparent,#CFD4E6,transparent); text-align: center; line-height: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightseparator div"]display: inline-block; padding: 0 10px; background: #ffffff; line-height: 10px; height: 10px; font-size: 10px; font-family: calibri; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #989EB3; text-transform: uppercase; position: relative; top: -5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelighttext"]padding: 25px; padding-top: 10px; font-size: 10px; line-height: 16px; font-family: verdana; color: #83889A; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttext b"]color: #7D87A6; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttext i"]color: #989EB3; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit"]width: 490px; text-align: right; line-height: 15px; font-size: 12px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #6e6e6e; font-family: 'Niramit'; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit a"]font-weight: bold; color: #7D87A6; transition: 0.3s; font-family: inherit;[/newclass]

strength may fail[break]
the eyes grow dim

0185 words
Understanding and excitement break across Georgette's face as her booth partner appears, speaking in the same Kalosian accent, and even having a similar-enough name. Switching to their native tongue with ease, she acknowledges in turn, "So it seems, Evette! It is a pleasure to meet you." Spying Evette's offering for the bake sale, she adds with glee, "And you have made my favorite. I am sure we will be best friends for today."
[break][break]
Georgette swiftly moves to divide the small cards upon the table, offering a pen to Evette to price her baked good, her own labeled 'Profiteroles $2 each'. "Where are you from in Kalos," she asks cheerfully. "I grew up on a farm just outside Snowbelle City." With a little laugh, she confides as if imparting a great secret, "I already miss my mother's baking. The food here is just not the same, but it is hard to top Kalos cuisine, no?"
[break][break]
She then flashes her companion a bright before moving to stand behind the table, her hands moving to absently smooth the barely-there wrinkles in the tablecloth.

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
357 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 13:15:54 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“The pleasure is mine,” she replied and it was true. After all, she liked meeting new people – and cheerful ones like this even moreso. The woman reminded her a bit of Luka, already oozing a certain amount of niceness, but in a slightly different, more subdued way. That was nice, too, so it was truly a pleasure to be around the other.
[break][break]
Eve swiftly set up herself, already setting one éclair a bit aside. Goergie seemed to like them, so naturally one would be offered to her in due time. “I am from Lumiose myself. I don’t think my mother baked anything in her life, however, so I am not so sure I can relate.” A soft smile was added to this joke to make sure that the good faith of it came across. It was probably fairly evident already to the other that Eve was more from the upper crust of society, even though it really did not matter. This girl might come from a farm, but today they were certainly on the same level, if nothing else.
[break][break]
“Though I must say that Kalosian cuisine only holds the crown in some respects. I spent a good while in Alola and have come to like some of their recipes more than those from home. The drinks especially are just so much better. Have you ever been over there?”

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

LAIKA BOSS

Gigi
She/Her
January 1st
Snowbelle, Kalos
Unknown
Pokemon Breeder
Ex-Gym Leader
Be kind to yourself
Even though it gets hard
5' 3" / 160 CM height
5' 3" / 160 CM height
awards
306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mudlark
Georgette Bluebottle
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 4:27:24 GMT
[nospaces]

strength may fail[break]
the eyes grow dim

0222 words
"Oh, Lumiose!" Georgette breathes out dreamily, her hands clasping momentarily together. "We would got in the spring sometimes! I remember there was a small stand that sold galettes - we would buy one and then walk over to the Prism Tower to eat it." With a laugh, she confides impishly, "I kept telling my parents we needed to bring one of our Gogoats to ride around the city, but they always said the walking was good for us."
[break][break]
"Besides," Georgette continued with a soft smile, "Not everyone bakes - that is why there are stores and places for lessons, no?" Her nose wrinkles playfully at Evette as she assures her companion, "I bet your eclairs are wonderful nonetheless, even if they are not your mother's recipe. Sometimes it is best to make new things all on our own."
[break][break]
Her head then tilts curiously to the side at the posed question, her ivory curls naught but wisps of cloud that frame her features with the action. Blue-green eyes wide with interest Georgette answers, "You've been all the way to Alola? This is my first time outside of Kalos! What is Alola like?" Thoughtfully, she poses, "Warm, I guess? Oh, but I do have an Alola Vulpix!" With a laugh, she adds, "I don't think that is the same as visiting, though."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,051 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 7:47:12 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#509eb5[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-magic-wand"]

🎁DELIBIRD DELIVERY!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
A DELIBIRD DROPS BY and pulls out a wrapped gift from its tail. both of you receive the following:[break][break]
[break][break]
(note: delibird can be ic or entirely ooc)[break]

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
357 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2022 17:13:16 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“Oui, all the way. It was the first stop on my journey because, well, it just had to be,” she replied, laughing gently. Granted, that was not the full story. Yes, the region had been the most interesting to her right off the bat for sure. But she had also chosen the one furthest away from Kalos specifically due to her family. If she was that far away, none would come trying to visit her or anything, and she would not be expected to come by for birthdays and the like. It was kind of a deliberate break. And she hoped that it had worked, at least to an extent. At the very least, it seemed so far like she was allowed to continue her journey in peace. Aside from her own inner demons that certain meteorites had tried to bring out, of course.
[break][break]
But all of that probably did not matter to Georgette, so Eve did not worry her with it. Girl looked like the kind that worried easily. So, Eve decided to deliberately throw her a curveball that would probably have her blush and not get too inquisitive about the matter. “Alolan Vulpix though? That is a beautiful Pokemon, if I may say so. Perfect for someone like you, of course~.”
That should probably serve to draw out a blush or something at least. “It certainly is quite hot, however. Though I reckon if you stayed long enough it just naturally moves on to ‘just about right’ in terms of temperature. Just like Lumiose, really. Though only in the summer. Not a lot of Winter in Alola, if you ask me.”

[break][break]

+ @georgie

close tab

played by

LAIKA BOSS

Gigi
She/Her
January 1st
Snowbelle, Kalos
Unknown
Pokemon Breeder
Ex-Gym Leader
Be kind to yourself
Even though it gets hard
5' 3" / 160 CM height
5' 3" / 160 CM height
awards
306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mudlark
Georgette Bluebottle
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2022 22:29:11 GMT
[nospaces]

strength may fail[break]
the eyes grow dim

0258 words
Georgette purses her lips thoughtfully, her head nodding as she mulls over her scant knowledge of the region in question. She is pulled from her thoughts by the question, a warm smile blossoming over her lips at the compliment. "That is very kind, thank you," she answers merrily. With a mirthful wink she adds, "I should be so lucky. My little Hexe has won a beauty contest before."
[break][break]
With a wrinkle of her nose at the news it is, indeed, hot in Alola, Georgette muses, "I do not think I would enjoy it, then." Seeming for the barest moment worried she then muses, "You think so? I have to speak with the local Pokecenter, but I have been worried about my ice-types here. It's not nearly as cold or snowy as back home. I do not want them to suffer."
[break][break]
Some waddling movement happens to catch Georgette's eye, and in a moment a Delibird stands before the pair, a seasonal hat angled jauntily atop its head. Pulling two small boxes from its bag, both Georgette and Evette are handed a gift before it waddles away towards another table. With a laugh, the ivory-haired woman muses, "This must be a gift for helping at the bake sale?" As if on queue, one of the nearby guests purchases a profiterole, the money collected a bright, "Thank you!" offered for the sale.
[break][break]
Picking momentarily at the box before putting it away in her purse, Georgette asks conversationally, "Do you like Hoenn better then than Alola? Or Kalos?"

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
357 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2022 22:44:45 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Ah, so this one wasn’t like Luka. Definitely not as easily flustered. Good, though it meant she would have to work a little harder if she wanted to use that as a distraction after all. Not that this was something to strongly focus on to begin with. Eve did like to flirt, but she was not desperately chasing any skirt she came across. Or set of pants. At the end of the day, she just wanted true love. But for some reason, that turned out a lot harder than anticipated, even when she had acquired a measure of freedom.
[break][break]
“Winning a contest certainly sounds rather impressive. Only thing I won in this region so far was a badge, though that was a rather random little incident.” She liked to think that it had been her prowess that had earned her that, but at the end of the day, it had been more luck than anything else. At least in her opinion.[break][break]
And speaking of, they were being given a TM from a Delibrid. That was lucky, too. She gave it a brief, court smile and a nod before resuming the conversation. “Though I reckon you mustn’t worry too much. I have seen quite a few Vulpixes in Alola and they did fine with the weather. A trainer from there explained it to me thusly: as long as the Pokemon itself isn’t completely made of ice like a Vanillite, it should be fine. And even those had enough internal cold to cope with decently warm weather.”
[break][break]
Eve truly was a repository of random information like this, picked up on her journeys. “As for Hoenn, I am not sure yet. I have spent the least amount of time here and there is recency bias. So I will reserve judgement. Plus, I tend to value people the most. And I could meet the most amazing person there ever was tomorrow, getting everything right askew.”

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

close tab

played by

LAIKA BOSS

Gigi
She/Her
January 1st
Snowbelle, Kalos
Unknown
Pokemon Breeder
Ex-Gym Leader
Be kind to yourself
Even though it gets hard
5' 3" / 160 CM height
5' 3" / 160 CM height
awards
306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mudlark
Georgette Bluebottle
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 3:14:21 GMT
[nospaces]

strength may fail[break]
the eyes grow dim

0228 words
"You won a badge!" Georgette exclaims, her eyes wide with curiosity and wonder when she glances back towards Evette. "I have never challenged a gym before," she admits. Her hand lifting to make an absent little wave, as if dismissing the thought, she promises, "Contests are not so hard, no? Pamper your pokemon and show them how to pose."
[break][break]
She then falls into a thoughtful silence as Evette offers information about ice-types surviving outside of cold regions. Her brow furrowed minutely with unspoken worries, she nonetheless nods, her ivory curls bouncing airily with the action. "Thank you," she utters with sincerity. "I will still see the Center to make sure they will be alright, but I do feel some better now."
[break][break]
With a smile of mirth at Evette's declaration of skewed perceptions and people, Georgette pauses briefly from the conversation to sell another profiterole, the money dutifully placed in the intended bag. After the exchange she confides, "Yes, people do make travel worthwhile. I know everyone back home, but that is also not such a bad thing. I have already met so many people here!" Her nose wrinkling playfully, she tacks on, "I think I have met more new people than there are people back home." A soft laugh spills from her lips in accompaniment to the words, the corners of her eyes crinkled with merriment.

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
357 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 14:24:57 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“To be both fair and honest: I did not know that the opponent would be a gym leader or anything like that. It was during the Summer Tournament, so I fought a lot of people. One just happened to give me a badge for my trouble,” she replied, decidedly being humble about it all. Eve wasn’t above embellishing herself at times, but she found it generally better to be honest. After all, either she would never meet Georgie again and it would not matter, or they held contact and she might find herself in situations where she would have to keep a lie going with more lies, which was always bad. Even for lies of omission and the like.
[break][break]
Honesty was always better. She nodded at the other taking her words regarding ice types to heart before swiftly handling a quick sale. They were not exactly moving mountains of merchandise, but it seemed fine so far. Plus, it probably still seemed like a lot to her neighbour who quite lived up to being a girl from the country. Not that there was anything bad about it. In fact, most people from Lumiose that she’d met on her travels had not been half as polite or excitable, so there was that. “I can’t quite say the same, given what my home is. But, incidentally, I talked to a lot more people on my travels than during my time growing up in Lumiose, too.”
But that was to be expected. After all, half the people she properly met here were also travelling. That meant there was always a connection and others were not constantly in a rush to get elsewhere. It did make a lot of sense.
And she definitely was in no rush here. “Speaking of, with all the cake selling I do feel like going for a coffee after this. Care to join me, Georgette?”

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

close tab

played by

LAIKA BOSS

Gigi
She/Her
January 1st
Snowbelle, Kalos
Unknown
Pokemon Breeder
Ex-Gym Leader
Be kind to yourself
Even though it gets hard
5' 3" / 160 CM height
5' 3" / 160 CM height
awards
306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mudlark
Georgette Bluebottle
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 1:27:22 GMT
[nospaces]

strength may fail[break]
the eyes grow dim

0202 words
Georgette gives a nod of acknowledgement, her expression thoughtful as she muses, "One of my brothers was working the gym challenge in Kalos. I'm not sure where he's at with it right now, though." With a small laugh she adds, "I'm not sure how well I would do on the gym circuit. Maybe someday, no?" Wrinkling her nose playfully at the thought, she nonetheless smiles.
[break][break]
"I suppose travelling does mean speaking with more people, whether you would like to or not," Georgette then muses, her lips pursing thoughtfully while her head tilts faintly to the side. "Especially if you were lost!" She gives a laugh at her joke, clearly quite pleased with her small joke.
[break][break]
At the offer for coffee, however, her eyes widen momentarily, surprise evident at the unexpected offer. All of a sudden delighted, Georgette answers warmly, "Thank you for the offer, that would be wonderful." Her expression then uncertain, she admits, "but I do not know this city very well. Do you have a place in mind?" That spoken, she pulls a phone out of her pocket and begins tapping upon its screen, her expression once more joyous as she announces, "I have a map app!"

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
357 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 17:28:18 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Ah, that was a nice reaction. Eve lived for those. Especially when it seemed like she had somehow managed to make the other person a little happier at least. There was a sort of restrained enthusiasm about the girl, but not necessarily in a bad way. Not as if she was holding back, but moreso that she was just naturally expressing herself in such a way. After all, she quickly made a link to her own insecurities and shortcomings. That was probably just something that Georgie struggled with in general. Which honestly wasn’t a bad thing at all. It was an endearing quality. Faults and flaws made people all the more interesting.

[break][break]
Though they could also be bothersome. Eve had enough experience to be aware of that, too. “I don’t know it well, either. But I figured we could always find someplace nice. I have a knack for finding little hidden jewels and the like.” This time she brown-nosed herself a bit. But it was still true. She often did find more out of the way places with relative ease. Granted, of course, that by definition she was never specifically looking for them in a way. “Though the app might be quite useful still. Maybe we will be able to find the most amazing, grandiose little wayside coffee shop there is.” Folding her hands conspiratorially, she then gives off a brief laugh, clearly thinking her choice of words somewhat funny.
[break][break]
“And who knows, maybe I can give you some pointers about gyms and the whole battling craze that has engulfed this region for a while now. It is probably important to know how to fight given how often very…out there things happen here.”

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

close tab

played by

LAIKA BOSS

Gigi
She/Her
January 1st
Snowbelle, Kalos
Unknown
Pokemon Breeder
Ex-Gym Leader
Be kind to yourself
Even though it gets hard
5' 3" / 160 CM height
5' 3" / 160 CM height
awards
306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mudlark
Georgette Bluebottle
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2022 4:36:28 GMT
[nospaces]

strength may fail[break]
the eyes grow dim

0199 words
"No?" Georgette asks absently in response to Evette's admittance she isn't overtly familiar with the city either, her thumbs continuing to tap upon her screen; her search is interrupted by the presence of a few customers, her remaining profiteroles sold much to her delight. She pauses further to look at the money pouch, her expression joyous when she proclaims, "This is a good amount for the fundraiser, no?" The bag is then offered to Evette to look inside at their earnings, a decided pride colouring the white-haired woman's expression.
[break][break]
Turning back to her phone for a few more moments, she explains with a pensive look, "There is a cafe in the museum here. Somewhere. And it looks like there's a few shops nearby as well."
[break][break]
"It is your decision, though," Georgette laughs out, a smile offered when she looks up from her phone. Her head then tilts inquisitively at the offer to learn more about battling. "I do have a Froslass I use," she offers. "But I would not mind some tips, no? Better to be safe than sorry."
[break][break]
"What sort of pokemon do you have," she asks inquisitively. "I know some trainers specialize."

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
357 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2022 22:31:14 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“It probably is,” she replied, tapping her lips. Naturally, she didn’t really know. When she had been invited to fundraisers in Luminose, there never had been exchanges in cash to begin with. Those were all about much larger sums coming from people rich enough to not carry money on their persons. A very different environment, really. However, given that she was down to one eclair, it seemed fine to call this a day in that regard. After all, she had already resolved to give that one to her partner in particular.
[break][break]
For now though, she simply handed the bag back. It had been entrusted to Georgie in particular, so she should return it, filled, too. “Hmmm, I think we can just start walking and pick whatever first feels right. At least that is what I usually do, relying on my intuition.” Evette added a laugh. After all, she was someone who followed her heart a lot of the time. And today it told her to hang out with this girl some more. “And as for my Pokemon, I don’t really specialize in anything I guess. There are a lot of Pokemon that I like and many that I don’t. Though, if I was put on a spot, I guess that I like Pokemon that are either a bit ‘out there’ and unique, or those that show some sort of elegance, like my Primarina.”

[break][break]

+ ooc notes