Rustboro
bisexual
model/thief
elite
you've been
thunderstruck
92 height
92 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
338 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elliott
Elliott Jenkins
melting ice [ww/m]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2021 2:44:27 GMT
Elliott Jenkins Avatar
There was reports of Pokemon trying to escape the cold and moving to warmer locations. Lavaridge seemed to be one such town, perhaps because of the hot springs and the proximity to Mt. Chimney.

Honestly, Elliott didn't blame them one bit. He would have done the same if he was a wild Pokemon.

He didn't feel quite led to help them out, but the promise of money always managed to tip the scales in the hiring individual's favor. Eli hated the cold, and if he could avoid it at all cost, he would.

So, he bundled himself up to the best ability he could and set off toward Lavaridge. At least he wouldn't be alone.

A glimmer of hope burned in his mind as he thought that maybe the weather would grow a bit warmer the closer they got. Elliott sighed, his breath billowing clouds as he looked around. A figure of a woman caught his eye as he approached.

. He had seen her before, in the MAGMA meeting and around Rocket. Though he hadn't met her formally before.

"You were dragged here too?" he prompted in greeting.

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
kerosene hearts carry the name that my father gave me
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
melting ice [ww/m]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2021 4:14:00 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
Signing up for search and rescue as a kind and generous, law-abiding citizen was all too easy when the League was desperate for extra hands. She didn't mind the opportunity either, as it opened up alleys for smuggling and for extra money in her pocket courtesy of the League's generosity.

The only downside? It was cold as tits outside, and that was the whole reason they needed help. Many Pokemon were being displaced and freezing to death trying to seek shelter. And, while it was convenient for her to smuggle a couple under her skirts and pretend they'd gone missing or perished, the fact of the matter was, she still had to keep the ones she wanted alive.

Remi glances over her shoulder and does a double-take, one because she notices he's staring at her, and again because she notes the earrings he's wearing. She frowns, stares at him quizzically.

"Nah, not really. I'm two-timing these suckers."

She gestures with her chin, then flicks at her own earlobes.

"You should take those suckers out if they're metal. They'll give ya frostbite if it gets cold enough."

For good measure, she pulls her hood over her head to keep her own ears warm. Just looking at him like that made her even colder.

mission: cold caravan
close tab

played by

red

Eli
he/him
April 13
Rustboro
bisexual
model/thief
elite
you've been
thunderstruck
92 height
92 height
awards
338 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elliott
Elliott Jenkins
melting ice [ww/m]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2021 4:27:13 GMT
Elliott Jenkins Avatar
Elliott wasn't quite sure what he was expecting when he met Remi. But two timing?

Well... if the League didn't find out, it wouldn't hurt them. It wasn't his problem to handle. Were the keeping a strict count on the amount of Pokemon that fled to Lavaridge? He doubted it.

"How much is the pay? If you have any more room for an extra smuggler."

He'd always take extra cash.

When she pointed to his ears, a confused look crossed his face until he realized what she was talking about. Right, his earrings. Eli shook his head.

"No, they're not. I wouldn't risk something like that or wear something valuable to a mission. These are just cheap fakes. Shouldn't cause any issue."

The beanie covering his head would provide enough warmth as well, as he tugged it a bit lower.

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
melting ice [ww/m]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 20:44:37 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
Two-timing the League, not Rocket. Not yet, anyway. At least, she didn't have any plans to do such a thing. She was a criminal, a Pokemon smuggler, a poacher. She was bad news, with a bad reputation in specific circles. Fortunately, she was mostly a nobody in Hoenn, and she'd found her trainer identification and had flown under the radar.

"Why? You lookin' for work, kid?"

She sizes him up for a moment, considering. Sharing the cash pool was never really something she was altogether thrilled about, but extra hands were never something to sniff at. Chances are, with his help, they could bring in more Pokemon than she could all by herself - and even offering him a portion of the cut would still give her more than what she expected.

"Sure. But if shit goes sideways, I don't know you from Adam."

She then inclines her head, directing his attention to the huddle of people and Pokemon in the pop-up tents up ahead. There is a warm glow from a portable heater, and the rumble of a vehicle approaching leaves her grinning. This would be easier than she thought. All they had to do was load up the truck with Pokemon, the heater, and a few blankets for themselves, and these Pokemon headed to Lavaridge would easily go missing.

close tab

played by

red

Eli
he/him
April 13
Rustboro
bisexual
model/thief
elite
you've been
thunderstruck
92 height
92 height
awards
338 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elliott
Elliott Jenkins
melting ice [ww/m]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 22:34:20 GMT
Elliott Jenkins Avatar
Kid?

Elliott knew that he was young, but that was one thing he didn't like. Being called kid, despite his experience with thieving and robbery for the past however many years. Because living in the rough and tough parts of Rustboro tore you to pieces if you didn't fight back.

He was no kid. His innocence as a child was lost long ago.

"I'm always looking for work. I do nearly any job," he said, rolling his neck to crack it.

Maybe to relax a bit. Or to prove a point.

"Whatever. Doesn't matter. If shit hits the fan, I'm out."

It was a dog eat dog world. Eli knew that.

He looked over at the pop up tents, raising his eyebrow. So, they were keeping them there for the time being, at least until it was time to roll out. Got it. He exchanged a look with Remi before speaking.

"Ready to load up?"

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
melting ice [ww/m]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2022 21:35:51 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
She struck a chord. She could see it in the tiny little fire behind his eyes and the absence of noise after her statement. He was considering his options, calculcating the distance between his fist and her face -- or maybe that was all her.

"Cool."

Remi side-eyes him and his neck-cracking display. His indifferent, cold attitude also amuses her, indicative by the sharp exhale of air through her nose and the uplift of her lips in a smirk.

"You betcha, neck-snapper."

She winks and steps away from him to approach and disappear into the first tent. Inside are a huddle of Bulbasaur, led by one aggressive, desperate Ivysaur trying to keep his herd in line. They're all weak and frostbitten, their mottled skin pale and splotchy.

"Pop the trunk, Jenkins. We'll put the turnips in the back closest to the front of the truck. They look like they need the heat."

close tab

played by

red

Eli
he/him
April 13
Rustboro
bisexual
model/thief
elite
you've been
thunderstruck
92 height
92 height
awards
338 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elliott
Elliott Jenkins
melting ice [ww/m]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 1:31:45 GMT
Elliott Jenkins Avatar
And just like the, Elliott finally labeled Remi.

Annoying. Too observant. Too quick to come up with nicknames. He could definitely deal without her little quips at him. This time, he made a scowl apparent on his lips as she winked toward him and got to work.

Perhaps if he stayed quiet, it would all get done quicker.

Peaking over her shoulder, he grunted and opened the door so they'd be able to fit the herd of Bulbasaurs in there. Of course, that meant separating them from that Ivysaur.

"What are you doing about him?"

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
melting ice [ww/m]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 3:04:23 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
He's right about a lot of those things, but hey, at least she's good at her job.

With a lazy glance over her shoulder at the sound of his voice, she finishes sizing up the aggressive Ivysaur. She scoffs, because his question and his scowl are indicative of his distaste for her. That's okay too, she didn't come here to be liked. And frankly, the less people liked her, the more interesting they were and the more fun it was to get under their skin.

In this case, though, she meant business, and sitting around waving her dick in the snowstorm hoping to get some attention wasn't worth putting her potential stock at risk.

"Yeah, I always have a plan."

And her plan comes in the shape of two dizzy Spinda at her heels. They cling to either calf of hers, and even though she looks completely stupid waddling forward, the teddy bears work hard to put the Ivysaur to sleep with their combined HYPNOSIS. Slowly but surely, the Ivysaur begins to blink slower and the angry snarl across its face slides right off. It crumbles to the ground, fast asleep.

"Now hurry up and let's get these Bulbasaur moved."

close tab

played by

red

Eli
he/him
April 13
Rustboro
bisexual
model/thief
elite
you've been
thunderstruck
92 height
92 height
awards
338 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elliott
Elliott Jenkins
melting ice [ww/m]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 5:41:49 GMT
Elliott Jenkins Avatar
She absolutely looked ridiculous. It was hard for Elliott not to laugh and ruin the HYPNOSIS she was trying to put on the Ivysaur.

However, when it was finally asleep, he allowed himself to burst into a fit of laughter, cackling as he approached.

"Okay. Just don't fall like a fucking idiot," he said with a snort.

Leaning down, he began to pick up the Bulbasaurs, who seemed too weak and cold to respond properly to him. That was pretty bad. He frowned, hurrying to get them into the truck.

"Do we have some extra blankets and stuff in the front?"

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
melting ice [ww/m]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 22:12:21 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
Motherhood was awkward and messy. Period. The fact he was holding back laughter only meant she was absolutely crushing it.

Remi glances back at him in his fit of noisy laughter. Thankfully, her Spinda are able to keep the Ivysaur from waking. One raised eyebrow stares back at him and his ever-so-helpful suggestion.

"Oh baby, I'm practiced."

She leans down and hooks a baby Spinda's paw in her hand, easily lifting the bear up and onto her shoulder. The other one continues to hold onto her calf, stepping on her foot and maintaining perfect balance. It even puts its thumb in its mouth and stares back at Elliott cutely.

"Yeah, blankets are up front. They're mostly for us, but if the Bulbasaur are still shivering in like five minutes when we're about to leave, maybe we should cover them up. Just means we might have to cuddle up."

Remi offers him a lopsided smirk, cheeky in its intent. She lifts two Bulbasaur into her armpits, thumb stroking tired, sleepy faces.

close tab

played by

red

Eli
he/him
April 13
Rustboro
bisexual
model/thief
elite
you've been
thunderstruck
92 height
92 height
awards
338 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elliott
Elliott Jenkins
melting ice [ww/m]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2022 5:36:36 GMT
Elliott Jenkins Avatar
The Spindas she has are cute in a weird way.

A really weird way.

Elliott gave them one more look before digging around the front of the car for the blankets. There they were! He pulled a few out to warm the Bulbasaurs up, squishing them together to share the heat.

That's when his own face heated up, almost hitting his head when Remi made that comment toward him.

"C-cuddle up? With you?"

It was supposed to sound like disgust, but instead, it sounded like a squeak of surprise. Eli was clearly terrible at hiding his innocence, almost seeming appalled by her suggestion.

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
melting ice [ww/m]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2022 6:19:04 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
Shut up, Elliott, they're downright adorable.

Remi squints momentarily at the scrutinizing stare he offers her babies, but says nothing. There are more important matters, like the fact they need to hit the road before the weather worsened and the roads were impossible to navigate safely. Not that it would stop her, she'd still drive like a crazy person.

It's called confidence, sweetie.

Remi does a double-take, however, at Elliott's sudden change in attitude.

"I don't see any other warm bodies around, do you?"

close tab

played by

red

Eli
he/him
April 13
Rustboro
bisexual
model/thief
elite
you've been
thunderstruck
92 height
92 height
awards
338 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elliott
Elliott Jenkins
melting ice [ww/m]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2022 17:09:24 GMT
Elliott Jenkins Avatar
The idea was enough to make his whole body heat up. In fact, was he sweating? He wasn't sure.

He hoped not. That meant that it could freeze, and then he'd freeze... who knew what Remi would do to him then?

Display his frozen body like a statue somewhere and laugh at him maybe. Let her Spindas climb all over him.

"N-no... I..."

He couldn't get any real words out, instead stomping toward the truck.

"Let's just go!"

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
melting ice [ww/m]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 6:36:25 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
She had been teasing, but now that his entire posture and body language had changed into something uncomfortable, awkward, and downright hilarious to watch. It takes all of her strength to keep from breaking character and bursting into laughter.

His stuttering encourages her to continue her assault, but before she could, he stomps his way to the truck. The slamming door is telling, and she snorts out loud and shakes her head. She takes her time making sure everyone is strapped in and prepared for the trip before slamming the truck door and heading around to the front.

She has every intention of hopping into the driver's seat unless Elliott has done so already.

"Someone's in a hurry. Are you cold already?"

close tab

played by

red

Eli
he/him
April 13
Rustboro
bisexual
model/thief
elite
you've been
thunderstruck
92 height
92 height
awards
338 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elliott
Elliott Jenkins
melting ice [ww/m]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2022 5:24:12 GMT
Elliott Jenkins Avatar
Elliott was hiding in the passenger seat, slumped into it with his feet propped up. He hoped that maybe it would come to life and just eat him. Save him from his misery.

Or at least hide him from her.

He knew that was impossible, though. He was exposed, nothing blocking him from view as he looked like a pouting child.

Remi joined him in the car, and he kept his eyes straight ahead. Maybe if he didn't look at her, she'd ignore him eventually and leave him be.

"I'm freezing, and I don't need your company to help with warming up. Just crank the truck."