awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
bugs in the walls [ m ]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2021 15:41:59 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
"yeah absolutely! i'm just outside the bank now, i'll let them know i'm who you sent. sure, thanks. er-- i mean rodger?"

she looked at the phone and made a face. "little rude but okay."

they'd hung up on her. being a ranger was new to her and all the protocols sort of went over her head. even at twenty-seven, she spent seventeen years as a trainer and gym leader in various capacities. so she wasn't used to all the formalities that went with being a ranger. and half the time she was pretty sure the formalities were more like guidelines and jokes to make newbies feel like losers.

well it was working.

"shake it off francie you got bugs ta exterminate!"

she whispered the words to herself, huffed, and then made her way into the bank with a small smile on her face. when she was stopped by security, she showed her ranger badge and they made a face, which she knew well enough as stopping themselves from laughing, and then she was waved to walk forward.

fabulous. she loved being underestimated. people always made the best face whenever she proved competent.

"um, excuse me, sir." francie began as she approached the man who'd called. "i'm francie myrtle, with the ranger department. i'm here to help you with your bug problem."

y'know, little miss barely five foot with a bright whimsical smile. yeah, that one.
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
bugs in the walls [ m ]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 10:31:36 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Bugs.
[break][break]
Out of all the reasons why Piazza Oro Grande’s CEO could have been asked to visit their Petalburg branch on this cold winter day, bugs are not one he had expected. It’s the sort of thing that can apparently often happen at small cities like this one, being so close to the woods and so on, but that still doesn’t make their presence be at all appreciated.
[break][break]
They have to be dealt with before any customers notice and start to complain, but of course, Mars is all too aware they can’t just swiftly exterminate them all (killing a whole bunch of pokémon wouldn’t look too good for the bank, after all). So, with the branch being closed for the day, a ranger is called, because this is the sort of thing rangers do, no?
[break][break]
”Francie,” he repeats her name, honey-coloured eyes looking down upon gold ones when facing the short blonde. Whatever he may think of her remains hidden, simply offering one of those calm and confident smiles that could be called Mars’ own patented brand. ”Thank you for coming all this way. Let me know if I can help you with anything.”
[break][break]
To be honest, he had expected at least a couple of rangers, not just one, but at least the Meowth by his side seems to be interested enough in the woman, meowing up at her.
[break][break]
The same Meowth that appears in so many of the bank’s ads.

[break][break]
[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #60a697!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
bugs in the walls [ m ]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 17:17:49 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
that calm and collected smile looked like 's, if she had to put a name to it. but ... less fernando and more mr. del mar-- oh shit, or was it more like mr. mar?? now she didn't know what to call him!

"no problem sir! happy i can be of service. i um, admittedly was in town so it's not like i traveled far. no worries there!"

the positivity oozing off of her person would make some queasy, hopefully mars had a decent stomach about him. her eyes narrowed at the walls and she fished into her pockets, pulling out her lycanrocs. all three of them.

"they've been freshly groomed and polished, so you don't have to worry about them making a mess." francie reassured the owner of the bank, a bit nervous that she wouldn't do a good enough job. louie was immediately sniffing, ears twitching, along with lincoln. meanwhile, lyonel gave the meowth a sniff before snickering at the cat and attempting to taunt it with a swish or three of his tail.

"also, they're feline friendly." she stressed the words and eyed lyonel, who looked her way and then laid down, to show submission, before swishing his tail again.

lyonel was posted to keep francie safe at all times and lincoln and louie usually took point to make sure things went smoothly for francie. her carracosta, captain, and coalossal, kole, could likely make enough of a smokescreen that the bugs would leave.

"my idea is to smoke out the weaker bugs. i'm thinking, if i post my coalossal and carracosta there, at the main vent with the air conditioning turned off, i can send smoke through the vents and walls and push the bugs out. set up a trap here for them with some of my ranger gear, mass catch them, then release them back into the woods. so long as you have an actual exterminator out here to lay down some scents they don't like, they shouldn't reinfest the branch."

at least, that was her thoughts. she turned toward the owner with a smile.

"work for you? The smoke'll dissipate once the air's turned back on and there shouldn't be much of a smell to it. maybe uh, light some candles for work tomorrow?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
bugs in the walls [ m ]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2022 7:09:26 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Calling it a sunny disposition would probably be an understatement when speaking of ’s attitude. It’s not the sort of thing Mars often deals with (not as a bank CEO, and specially not as one of Team Rocket’s Admins), but while it may come as a surprise, it’s actually the sort of thing he’s rather fond of.
[break][break]
Especially when it’s someone who seems to know how to do their job.
[break][break]
The way the Lycanroc teases Cash Money causes him to raise a brow, sure, but Francie is quick to put her pokémon under control, and in the end, the Meowth can take care of herself just fine. Something which she even proves, for she calmly sits in front of Lyonel, looking at him and tilting her head in the most adorable way. An unintentional use of ATTRACT, perhaps? Or, is the feline just too aware of her own charm…
[break][break]
Mars himself pays the antics of their pokémon little mind, instead focusing on listening to Francie’s plan.
[break][break]
”Sounds like a good plan. Don’t worry about the smell, they’ll figure something out if it becomes an inconvenience.”
[break][break]
’They’, because Mars himself sure won’t be here to deal with all that.

[break][break]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #60a697!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
bugs in the walls [ m ]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2022 14:25:08 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar

buckle up buttercup there might be typos in this one too.

as her lycanrocs gave a sniff here and a sniff there, francie watched closely to their mannerisms. louie and lincoln were sure to get the work done. lyonel was really more of her guard dog. she'd trained him to stay by her in case she needed protection, so that's exactly what he does. keeps close and finds himself enraptured by the ... cat.

he asks himself, why is she suddenly so pretty? why does he want to pet her? could she please step on him???

"alright! well, if that's the case..." she pulls another ball out, a luxury ball, and tosses out a houndour. the little darling pup immediately makes her way over to lyonel for play time, fumbling on her own two feet and face planting into his rear end.

"hey! over here, missy." that's not her nickname but francie's voice brings the houndour's ears perked up. she stiffens her features and squares her shoulders, suddenly regal and super serious as she walks over and sits for francie.

her little stubby tail gives her away, she wants treats.

"alright, follow louie and lincoln and when they point out the nest, use one of the vents and use smog to smoke them out, yeah?"

with an excited ruff, she bounced over toward louie and nipped at his legs. he quickly gave her a growl which set her into 'work mode' beside him, sniffing around like she was totally bound to find something.

francie glanced over at lyonel, who was oddly laying down and behaving with the meowth, before looking to their employer and smiling.

"sorry, i know it looks like chaos right now but they're sure to get the bugs handled."
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
bugs in the walls [ m ]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2022 3:33:56 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Rewind.
[break][break]
Remember that part where Mars thought seemed like the sort of person who might know how to do her job? If we’re being completely honest here, the attitude of her pokémon is starting to make him doubt that, especially given the fact that she apparently feels a need to reassure him that they do in fact know how to do their jobs.
[break][break]
But, judgemental as Mister POG Bank CEO over here might be, he’s usually one to keep his judgements to himself, and so he simply offers the ranger a slight and ever so patient smile.
[break][break]
”I would appreciate it if they do.”
[break][break]
Is it too much to ask? Surely not, right?
[break][break]
All he wants is for the bugs to be dealt with quickly, effectively, and without any complications.
[break][break]
”Do you usually do jobs like these as a ranger?”
[break][break]
The question is mostly asked as a way to make small talk, his gaze for a moment falling upon the Meowth that seems all too pleased with herself now that the Lycanroc is no longer bothering her. In fact, she even allows it to stay close to her.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
bugs in the walls [ m ]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2022 13:41:14 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar

the question catches her a little off guard. mostly because, literally what she's doing is a ranger's job. officers deal with trainers and people, domestic things, and rangers deal with the pokémon; animal control, y'know?

"uh... i mean, bugs in walls specifically? i've dealt with it twice before unprofessionally. but having to remove pokémon from nests they've created in spots they shouldn't? oh yeah."

she holds back the urge to say, 'because that's my job' and instead gives him a warm smile, watching her doggos. lincoln gives a snort, which has louie grumbling an agreement. the little houndour pup makes her way over and puts her snout into a vent, breathing in a small amount of smog.

as she does, there's a scuffoling within the walls, and it has francie moving over to a vent, opening it up and motioning toward her dogs. louie and linc quickly make their way over, helping to herd the bugs out despite the way they protest against the smog and dogs. as they're tossed out, francie's putting them within safety cases.

a device that will allow for safe transportation of the little critters back where they belong. something that pops up and is convenient because i just thought of it, huzzah. anime magic, etc.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
bugs in the walls [ m ]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2022 6:38:39 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

In Mars’ defence, he’s not the sort of person who interacts with rangers often, much less deals with pests, so his knowledge of what they do and don’t do is rather limited.
[break][break]
Actually, for the most part, it’s all based on common knowledge and what he sees when reading HNN articles in the morning, and of course those don’t mention things like pest control.
[break][break]
”Sounds like being a ranger must take some adaptability, since you deal with such a variety of different situations.”
[break][break]
There’s a hint of respect there, since Mars can definitely appreciate skills like those.
[break][break]
Yet, soon enough, when watching her and her dogs work, his attention is drawn to the smoke and the bug type pokémon suddenly coming out of the wall – the sight being as disgusting as he had expected when first hearing of the "bug" problem.
[break][break]
Naturally, he doesn’t grimace, nor does he react in any negative way. He merely watches it all happen while a mental note is made to avoid Petalburg from now on and to hire someone that ensures nothing like this ever happens again.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
bugs in the walls [ m ]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2022 13:18:44 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar

nobody would blame mars for avoiding petalburg altogether because bugs are gross. certainly not me, certainly. not francie.

with a bright smile, she looks to mars like he'd just lit up her world like nobody else. really, her smile's just that bright all the time. it's very deceitful, that smile. and she's no idea.

"oh, quite the variety. but y'know, i like it. it keeps things interesting. and i'm never bored."

yes she's hinting at the fact that she gets bored easily. which, she does. but it's not because life isn't interesting. her brain's a little different than everybody else's and she's always got to be moving and doing. the more different the task, the more she can focus on it, the less likely she is to wander off and start collecting pebbles or digging for fossils.

the hound and lycans are making quick work of the bugs, corralling them into nets. in no time at all the task is complete and francie's giving mars a reassuring smile; bright, happy, the sun might be dim compared kinda smile.

"there you are! all taken care of! i hope we worked in a way that won't cost you too much in repairs."