2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
pitter patter . [ private ]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 2:52:53 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
lombre hopped from one foot to another, the dual-type's face alight with excitement. 

"no need to start dancing just yet, baby girl."

cait tittered softly in reaction to her companion's antics, the pokemon having responded positively to the prospect of partaking in a battle.

"
you want mister lane to take you seriously, don't you?"

the scientist had yet to arrive, the enclosed yet spacious area the pair currently occupied having been reserved for this particular encounter. cait had somehow managed to convince the man to help her practice, his reluctant acceptance of her proposal coming after she had pestered him for a solid day or two. 

'i can't be giving away my badges like they're hotcakes,' she thought. 'i need to practice on anyone who'll give me the time of day.'

"
he'll be here any minute now," she warned. "calm down a little bit."  

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/271.png

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2019 4:08:45 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas picked up the pokeball from the trade machine and slid it into his pocket. Glancing at his watch he realized he was running behind schedule. He'd planned to be on his way by now. In a hurry, he left the pokemon center.

"So sorry for the wait," he said as he strode into the room. "I had to pick something up on my way. You weren't waiting long, were you?" He'd only been late by a few minutes. His breathing was still fast from the rush there. "So I take it your gyms still undergoing renovations if we're here? Or have they just not handed the keys over yet?"

「notes」

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2019 5:13:54 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"it's fine, sir."

she hadn't minded waiting a few more minutes, having invested some portion of that time toward exchanging several texts with stormy.

'i wonder what he had to pick up?'

cait naturally assumed it was work-related and decided it'd be best not to pry. 

"
and i haven't been given the keys yet," she informed. "they're mostly done - but they need to make sure that everything's not at risk of immediately dying off within a few months."

once the environment was stabilized they'd grant her access - at least that's what she'd been told. cait clung onto that hope that the delay would be a short one.

"
lombre, this is my boss mister lane. mister lane, this is lombre. she's the new lead for my gym's primary team."

her pokemon raised a paw in greeting, having craned her neck to peer up at the taller man. 

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2019 19:20:34 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"Yes, I imagine that practically transforming the gym into a greenhouse takes time."

Lucas intended to take a look at the league's craftsmanship once the gym opened. He hadn't been into a gym before. It left him curious about the amount of money that went into them. Both in upkeep and construction.

"Hello." He waved his hand in the lombre's direction. "I take it she's not the strongest one though? I'd have expected something bigger, stronger. Like a venasaur."

Although lacking in battle experience Lucas could see the reason for having the lombre. It would act as a counter for the fire pokemon challengers would surely bring.

"If that's the case I may have to switch my lineup to make it fairer."

「notes」

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2019 19:33:15 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"i guess she doesn't look all that strong, does she?"

aesthetically, lombre appeared quite silly and were very rarely taken seriously because of it. the species were also considered to be medium-sized pokemon, with her own reaching just above the curve of her hip. 

"
and she's been touched by an everstone too, so she won't be evolving," cait elaborated. "but my lombre is still pretty good in a fight."

the young woman nodded her head before gesturing toward the opposite side of the field. 

"
you don't have to worry about switching out your party, sir," she assured. "i'll just go ahead and take my place over there and we can get started."  

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2019 21:10:02 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"She does not," he admitted.

"An everstone you say?" Lucas had forgotten that the stone existed. He made a mental note to procure one for himself. It could be useful in a variety of tests.

"I'll take it that you'll be doing one on one battles then, unlike Alexander Silph." The head scientist walked several paces to stand in the designated trainer area. In a flash of light, he released an Aegislash. It floated in the air with its single eye focused on Cait and her pokemon.

"Good, that's good. I didn't bring many pokemon with me anyway. I'll let you have the first move then Cait. You'll go easy on me, won't you?" He joked, but his voice was toneless. Although unaccustomed to battling Lucas wasn't entirely clueless. He had a plan, even if it was a poor one.

「notes」

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2019 21:34:38 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
once she had taken her place, the young woman would quirk a brow at her superior. 

"
we'll see, sir.

cait eyed the dual-type next, initially struggling to identify it before suddenly recalling its title.

'that's an aegislash. looks like it's a steel-type, too.'

her gaze lingered upon its most prominent feature - that being its shield. 

"time to make a good first impression, girl."

lombre stepped forward, sporting a pleased look as she had situated herself upon the field. 

"
just like we practiced."

the dual-type promptly began to preform a little shimmy before clapping her paws together and raising them to the sky. the interior battlefield's drainage system was immediately put to the test, clouds having already manifested to release a light rain.

'i hope mister lane won't mind getting a little wet.'

cait blinked as the water fell into her eyes, but she had long grown accustomed to the sensation.

"lom - bre!" 

lombre promptly released a hydro pump, the attack strengthened by the mere presence of rain dance as it shot toward the sentient blade. 

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2019 16:44:53 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas loved rainy weather. What he didn't love, and in fact despised was getting wet. Raindrops pelted his crisp clothing. A scowl flickered across his face for a brief moment, surprise quickly overshadowed it. The hydro pump caught him off guard, he'd foolishly expected the lombre to come close rather than attacking from afar.

"King's shield!" he commands.

A hexagonal shield of light materialized just over the surface of aegislash's own shield. Water splashes off, forming numerous puddles across the floor.

"Push forward!" Lucas had to close the gap between the two pokemon if he wanted to stand a chance.

Aegislash strains itself to push against the immense water pressure. It barely managed to move an inch as the attack raged. When the water subsided it surged across the battlefield.

"Shadow sneak!"

The sentient blade manipulated its shadow. It raced ahead across the ground. Extending just behind the jolly pokemon the nightmarish shadow of Aegislash rose till it was eight feet tall. It swept its pitch black blade towards lombre.

Lucas hoped that the attack wouldn't be too traumatizing for Cait or her pokemon.

「King's Shield & Shadow Sneak」

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2019 20:16:37 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait shot her superior an apologetic grin, noting the flicker of annoyance that had settled over his features for a brief period of time. 

'sorry, sir,' she thought. 

mister lane's steel-type companion managed to successfully block lombre's first attack - which was indeed a very impressive feat to bear witness to.

'that shield.'

she'd eye it curiously, visibly intrigued as it effectively rendered hydro pump useless. 

'she'll need to work her way around that.' 

shadow sneak was a move that was difficult for any pokemon to avoid. and despite lombre having the potential to dodge due to swift swim, her inexperience with such an attack made her an easy target. the jolly pokemon was sent sprawling, the shadow-drenched blade's swipe an effective one.

"stand up, lombre."

the command resulted in the dual-type settling herself upon partly trembling legs, her eyes round with alarm as a result of experiencing such an strange attack.

"
use your swift swim to get into a good position. erratic movements," cait coached. 

lombre rushed toward her target, intending to bypass the shield's block by making it difficult to gauge where she'd attack from. aegislash's defensive potential was beyond impressive, so whittling them down would prove difficult. 

"
now!

another hydro pump was produced, the lombre managing a flanking position before executing the water-based strike.