awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
technicolored romance [ww/m]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2022 4:31:48 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
And like that, one of the best times of year was over.

Christmas was over, and Jessie was pleased with the holiday. However, now that the New Year had come upon them, it was time for new things. At least, on her part, she'd work on herself.

That's what everyone swore on the first of the year, didn't they?

Well, she had heard that at the Lavaridge hot springs, they were holding a New Years event. The springs were rumored to cleanse individuals of their impurities, and even if it didn't work, Jessie at least wanted to go and take a soak there.

Somehow, she convinced to tag along. However, she felt like it was because he wanted to see her, though it was not like she would let him any given point in the privacy of their homes.

She reached down to pulled him into their private hot spring, grinning as she smelled the essential oils the staff must have put into the water to entice people, or convince them that they were surely washing away the bad luck of last year.

"This is so nice!" she cooed as she released his hand, dipping her toe into the water with a hum.

A drop of her towel, left abandoned on the rocks, and Jessie was submerging in the water, her pink hair pulled into a high bun to prevent it from getting wet.
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
wrapped in your regret, what a waste of blood and sweat.
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2022 15:06:43 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

sauna v2?[break][break]

"damn! it really is nice."[break][break]

it almost feels too luxurious for someone like him, but he finds himself still at ease. her presence helps.[break][break]

he discards his towel as well, quick to join her in the water after a bit of hesitation.[break][break]

"this shit's hot as fuck."[break][break]

this is his first time at a hot spring, after all.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".niko"]--accent:#716075; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
dancin' down on sunset strip
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2022 20:50:24 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie couldn't help but laugh at his reaction, relaxing deep enough that her chin was barely touching the water.

"Well, it is a hot spring, after all..." she stated plainly, an innocent look given to him as she snickered.

She couldn't help but be a smart ass for a moment.

Oh, but the view of him was enough to shut her up, even for a moment as he slipped into the water with her. Jessie regarded him with raised brows before swimming over slowly to sit beside him.

"Can't you feel your impurities just soaking away?"
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2022 10:29:53 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"ha. ha."[break][break]

despite the rolling of his eyes, it's all feigned for the sake of being playful.[break][break]

he watches her swim over slowly; lips shaping into a smile.[break][break]

"is that why people come here?"[break][break]

his eyes wash over her, admiring.[break][break]

"don't think it's working for me."

[newclass=".niko blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2022 19:18:32 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
She shrugged, pressing her back against the rocky edge to relax. Her head lolled back as she sighed, stretching out her muscles.

"That's what the rumors are. I think the hot springs profit off of the tradition too. I mean, they've definitely put enough oils in here to make it seem like you're washing away some sort of bad omen."

Did she believe it?

Jessie wasn't sure. She had her faults, but was she impure?

"Really? Why not?" she asked, smirking as she looked over at him.
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2022 11:58:34 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

the smirk is easily returned.[break][break]

"hard to when you're here."[break][break]

but, perhaps lulled into it by the warmth that surrounds him, he shares with a shrug:[break][break]

"i got too much of it to ever wash away. not that i care much either way."

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2022 13:37:44 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie couldn't help her small laugh.

"Niko, so naughty," she teased him.

Of course, she didn't mind it at all. She loved that she was so distracting.

"Well, isn't everyone? Most of the time it's a hoax to get money. That's impure in itself."

Even the most renowned person was a sinner. She knew that much.
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2022 8:13:55 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"d'you think there's ever a way to wash away our sins? like what they preach at the church and shit?"[break][break]

confess your sins and all shall be forgiven, or something along those lines. he's never quite believed it to be possible, but the thought is interesting enough to consider.[break][break]

"what sins would you rid?"

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2022 15:47:33 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie took a moment to consider his question. But then she shrugged.

"I don't think so. I mean, you could always do good things and establish a good reputation, but that doesn't clean you of what you've done."

She tilted her head.

"That being said, I don't think because people have sins means they are bad people. You've never been bad to me."

Sure, she's never seen him in action, at work. But, she knew the Niko that was in front of her. And she cared about him.

"My sins? I don't know. Maybe I'd change things to have a better relationship with my family. Or to not be so selfish and desire things for myself."

Her gaze dropped to look at the water. She didn't know how much would change if those were gone, though.

"But I sort of like where I am now."
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2022 17:03:00 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"not to you, sure, but i've done some pretty nasty shit."[break][break]

things that would warrant him a special place in hell, if such a place exists.[break][break]

"i like that about you, though. the fact that you get things that you want."[break][break]

it's one of the reasons why they're here now, isn't it?[break][break]

"dunno. i guess the thought of washing away my sins is pretty nice."

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2022 19:32:24 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
"Well... would you do something bad to me?"

Jessie tilted her head, blinking almost innocently.

"You like my selfishness? It doesn't make me come off as too demanding? That's usually what I get told," she said.

She glanced at the water before wading closer, resting her head against his shoulder.

"Would you do it? Wash away any specific sins?"
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2022 17:01:25 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"never."[break][break]

or at least he'll try not to. but things can be out of his control, that much he's come to learn.[break][break]

"sometimes you gotta put your foot down and be selfish to get what you want."[break][break]

it's what establishes the hierarchy of society, after all.[break][break]

at her question, he hums in thought, then shrugs a shoulder.[break][break]

"maybe a couple of lives i've taken. but i like to think i had to."

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2022 3:17:27 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
"Then I stand by what I said. From what I've seen of you, you're a good person. Unless you hurt me, I have no reason to think otherwise."

She hoped that she wouldn't ever think differently.

Murder, huh? Or protecting himself, from the logic he wanted to think of. Jessie couldn't imagine doing it, killing someone. Of course, it was always offered on the table to her, now that she was apart of Rocket, affiliated with Niko's gang.

"Then live that way. No use in getting bogged down in it. Especially when there are much better things in life to enjoy. Like this view."

Jessie spread her arms across the water, indicating to the garden and mountains exposed to them.
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2022 15:24:24 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

for as long as he could will it, she'd never have to kill for him nor for his gang. but the oddity that is rocket is often beyond his control.[break][break]

"like this view."[break][break]

but where she spreads her arms across the water, he fixes his gaze on her, admiring with a smile.[break][break]

"you're right. this is much better."

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2022 5:11:57 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
She hummed in agreement, still focused on the picturesque scene in front of her. Unaware that he was referring to her. She looked back at him, smiling.

"Well, how about... resolutions? Do you do anything like that each new year?" she asked.

There was definitely one she had in mind for herself, should he ask. Her mind drifted briefly to the letter she had written to Father Christmas, and the reply she had received.

She scooted closer, their shoulders brushing as she leaned closer, relishing his solidity and presence beside her.