6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
cool, cool, cool, cool, cool [c]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2022 17:38:20 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he enters the interrogation room with a full checklist: cool shades, rolled up sleeves of his uniform for an apparently cooler and carefree aesthetic, brushed hair so it doesn't look like bed hair, and a cup of coffee on his hand.

kyle is the first to take his seat within the room, with his partner following after him afterwards. on the other side of the table was someone taken in as a person of interest after the incident at mossdeep.

there were others that pressed charges after the event, perhaps as an aftershock of panic, ignorance and simply wanting someone to blame for it. with the amount of supernatural things happening, kyle can chalk it up to that.

still, he has doubts considering those between the lines.

a slurping sound from the straw can be heard as kyle sips at his latte, waiting for uriah to be the one to do the explaining. he supposed he can just correct him in case he does say something unnecessary.

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2022 12:35:52 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"we won't keep you here too long, dr. holo. i'm officer black, and this here is my partner, officer lopez."

a lie, really, as they've already kept dr. nisa holo waiting an hour or two even before they stepped into the room. interrogation tactics, as uriah has learned from both the academy and from the multitude of pop culture he consumes.

uri tugs at his tie, loosening it slightly as he undoes the button of his shirt.

"not too hot in here, is it?"

it's definitely hot and uncomfortable. again, another tactic.

"we'd like to go over some of the events that happened during the star soiree. could you please run us through what happened from your point of view?"
close tab

played by

NPC

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
208 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2022 1:36:05 GMT
NPC Avatar

COOL, COOL, COOL

kyle and uriah

"two handsome men! i must've forgotten that it was my birthday!" dr. holo crosses her legs in her seat. despite the raised temperature, a smile remains unwavering on her face. the lab coat remains too, cast past her shoulders and tickling the feet of her chair.

she explains that the star soiree was supposed to be a celebration of the early litleonid shower. it is customary for mossdeep space center to hold this event every 14 or 15 years the comets come. however, the astronomers of mossdeep were busy—and still are—investigating why the litleonids arrived so quickly.

"after the impact event of the meteorite fragment, what we presume to be the interdream zone manifested. considering the dimensional phenomena occurring in hoenn, i believe the boundaries between planes were somehow broken or made traversable. either way, by the time we could commit to any action, people were drawn in by what they had seen." holo speaks calmly and quickly. there is little pause or peak of uhs or umms. she leans back in her chair, one arm slung against and past the frame. "anything else, officers?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2022 18:11:38 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle smiles at flattery, if only to be polite. "only the best for the best," he retorts back.

a recount of events are told. while helpful, it doesn't really interest kyle on a personal level.

"what exactly is the interdream zone... thing?" he asks, the lack of a science background evident with his question.

he's had the opportunity to see what it was within the dream mist. he had seen a deranged version of his hometown, perhaps a future where it had been ravaged by ' takeover. other accounts say something different, and all entirely personal as well.

"would you say its properties are something closer to the works of a legendary pokemon like darkrai?"

he turns to his partner after saying his piece, wondering if he has something else to ask himself.

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 5:18:50 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
they both lack a science background. maybe they should've asked one of the league scientists to be here as well. too late now.

"yes...and what exactly causes the interdream zone? what causes the break in planes?"

that much he understands if only because he had experienced the phenomenon himself.

"do you think someone, or something, instigated it?"
close tab

played by

NPC

awards
208 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2022 23:49:35 GMT
NPC Avatar

COOL, COOL, COOL

kyle and uriah

to kyle, dr. holo answers:

"according to my studies, the interdream zone is one of many dimensions in this universe. the liminal space between dreams and reality! sure. one could make a comparison to darkrai and its nightmarish abilities."

to uriah, she explains:

"nothing causes the interdream zone. the interdream zone has always existed. the only working theory we have is that the litleonid impact somehow breached the dimensional boundaries and smashed them right open."

she shrugs.

"considering hoenn's history of ultra wormholes and dimensional instability, i think it's safe to say no one 'caused' it. instead, it's a natural consequence, don't you think?"

crossing her arms now, the chair creaking as her back presses deeper into its groove, she says:

"whatever is happening in this region is a magnet for all things. metaphorically. literally. this region is pulling things from the sky for goodness sake. all eyes are on hoenn. not just rocket's."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2022 18:00:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle attempts digests everything, nodding as if he can take it all without problem. the surge of information was a pain to understand, but he attempts to anyways. every little bit helps.

"so, this interdream zone... " he drags his words on as he constructs a sentence in his head. "normally, dreams would only include images and events familiar to you, but people have found certain... things, that weren't exactly that."

pieces were being strung together. kyle himself wasn't an avid puzzle solver, nor a theorist of any kind, but a job was a job. anything to ease the minds of the public and clear this woman's name was required.

"is that a normal thing?" kyle asks as he takes the device out from his pocket. he fiddles with it as the question is left up in the air, seemingly taking interest on his phone more than his job. "would you say they're connected with the unown?"

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 12:12:54 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
the explanation settles slowly, seeping through with each passing second. it'll take a while but he'll eventually understand.

until then, the interrogation continues.

kyle asks the right questions, the questions that are meant to be asked. uriah, on the other hand? tin foil hat-wearing-uriah?

"what do you mean all eyes? what or who else is watching us?"
close tab

played by

NPC

awards
208 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 4:33:08 GMT
NPC Avatar

COOL, COOL, COOL

kyle and uriah

the doctor shakes her head. she is quick to explain that the reports of horrors residing within the mist are not characteristic of the interdream zone. perhaps, it is the result of people's inner desires twisting as they are communicated. once expressed, the realm can do with the desire whatever it would like and the chance of miscommunication rises with every foggy second. a game of interdimensional telephone.

however, kyle's alternative posits an interesting angle. she scoops a pen from her desk and taps it on her chin. "that may be possible. the unown are similar in a fashion to the interdream zone, for my research suggests they are able to manifest a subject's desires within their own dimension. it would not be a stretch of the imagination to assume that the unown could do the opposite." she thinks, almost to herself. her chair spins a complete 360 degrees.

pointing her pen at uriah and his tinfoil hat, she laughs.

"hoenn is on the world stage, silly! global news outlets have their eyes glued on this region like it's sex." dr. holo says.

but unbeknownst to uriah and kyle, there are other eyes waiting. watching. from all corners of the world and space itself.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2022 19:09:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
everything matches with the theory except for one part.

"but are the people who were there to kill us part of it?" he casually asks, still swiping through his phone. "i would understand if someone was sick enough to fantasize of it, but from my understanding, each portion of the dream world was restricted to the resulting thoughts of the people engulfed by that part of the mist."

kyle's nightmares were restricted to the mist that surrounded him and . others shared similar experiences. however, kyle's nightmares wouldn't leak to another person's and vice versa unless they were within the same space as each other.

"wouldn't it be strange that there was a common theme among them? unown are one thing, but individuals with a collective aim to hunt down avatars seem to not follow that theory."

he first heard of the assassins from . he didn't think much of it until they've made themselves known during the soiree.

"would you say there's a possibility of a third party to be involved?"

he looks up from his phone and turns to uriah, hoping for another outburst or something to break the boring monotony of asking question. he did enjoy holo's response to him despite appearing to be concentrated on something else.

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 15:35:35 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"like it's sex..."

he repeats out with a sigh as he leans back in his chair. if it isn't clear by now, kyle's the superior officer here, so it makes sense that he leads.

meeting kyle's gaze, he nods.

"i would imagine so, officer lopez. after all, dr. holo did say we're on the world stage. it wouldn't be too far-fetched to say others have their eyes glued on us like we're a target, would it?"

he looks back to the doctor.
close tab

played by

NPC

awards
208 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2022 21:41:10 GMT
NPC Avatar

COOL, COOL, COOL

kyle and uriah

"a third party wouldn't be far-fetched at all. whatever that third party may be."

dr. holo says, tapping her pen back onto her chin. her chair spins like a circling planet.

"reports about these attackers said they came from the interdream zone itself, or at least, were within it too. i wouldn't rule out the possibility that they came from there."

she hums, cycling back to the mention of avatars. ordinary mortals bestowed the powers of legendary patrons. a phenomena that has been rumored to manifest when the world's fate is threatened itself.

"people are afraid of avatars. pokemon are terrifying creatures. i can see why extremists may want to eliminate them, as awful as that may be." she sighs. "my sincerest apologies, but i must get back to my work now. too many emails, so little time." waving her hand, she spins her chair back to her computer.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 11:15:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
from the interdream zone itself? kyle doubts it.

he checks the message silph has sent to them before on his phone, more notably the cc'd people. reported attacks also included individuals that weren't included. there would be little to no way they, too, would be imagining a world with avatar assassins.

kyle respects the dismissal and stands up from his seat.

"thanks for your time."

interdream zone, the unown, avatar hunters, the unown report... there's too many related concepts on recent events that it's easy to blur the line between connecting the dots or coincidences.

as they get out, he turns to uriah. "my head hurts after that. let's go to denny's."

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2022 10:33:23 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
that's it? that's all they get out of her? it doesn't sit well with uriah, not one bit, but for obvious reasons he doesn't. he'd be stepping out of line otherwise.

kyle is the superior officer here, after all.

"thank you, dr. holo."

he rubs at his jaw, unsatisfied with that interrogation. but he leaves all the same, nodding as he turns to kyle.

"i hated that. she knows more, i know she does."

groaning, he finally nods.

"fuck it. yeah, denny's it is."
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2022 5:52:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: