Festival Festivities [WW/M/O]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2022 15:49:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Hehehe-Pretty-!" Mika giggles to themselves, crouching low on the ground as they play with a sparkler in their hands. The pretty sparkles coming out of the stick are exhilarating and fun to play with by swinging their arms wildly in the air to watch the sparks go everywhere.

Mika was wearing an older but still pretty kimono from one of the local girls they played and helped with chores. The girl was so nice to give them an old hand me down. It was a perfect fit and covered in cool Gyarados and Dragonair designs on it!

Mika stood up from admiring the sparkler and started running in a random direction in their search for a good spot. The firework show from the space station will be starting soon-so the young child was running to find a great view of it! But suddenly, while running excitedly, they accidentally bumped into somebody, they dropped their sparkler causing it to die. Which caused the young child to let out a disappointed-"Awww..." But Mika realized they bumped into somebody, causing them to look at the person and quickly bow as they apologized with a quick-"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to run into you. Are you okay?" Mika asked worriedly.
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2022 22:31:21 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Mossdeep City was the forerunner of fantastic festivals featuring flashy fireworks. Andrea's family went out of their way to visit the island every year just in time for the frivolous festivities. Incidentally, this was one of the few rare occasions where the young PokéManiac was NOT wearing her flamboyant dragon costume, and somewhat resembled a normal person as a result.

While her parents were off visiting the Space Center to pay their respects to the world's most beautiful white rock, Andrea was doing her own thing downtown, perusing the various food stands. One couldn't watch fireworks on an empty stomach, after all! She was wearing a red and orange kimono with an awesome Charizard design on it that her mom had made, while her hair had been let down.

"I'll have the sashimi, the mochi soup, a bowl of noodles, and a bucket of Blaziken Nuggets!" The young woman made an exuberant order, which, if one took a good look at her Pokémon, shouldn't come as a surprise at all; The Aggron and Kangaskhan sitting alongside her, as well as the Deino resting on her lap, were all overjoyed when various food trays started coming at their table, eagerly digging in.

Andrea herself didn't fall far behind, instantly stuffing her face with Blaziken Nuggets as soon as the bucket arrived. "Aiyeeee! Hot, hot, hot!" She cried, her tongue hanging out of her mouth as she tried to fan herself. Maybe digging in right away hadn't been the best of ideas...
//is now open
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2022 5:06:03 GMT
shiv Avatar

NOTICE

- Hey Kost! The player who started this thread is not on this site anymore. Feel free to edit your post and look for a new partner to complete this limited mission. The mission can be found here: festival fantasies (ww).
close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2022 1:11:52 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
It had been a decent amount of time since Memo had taken the stage. Half of it was on purpose-- the streets of Spikemuth were so saturated with young musicians trying to make a name for themselves on the charts it took more than talent to make it ahead of the crowd. It also helped immensely to have money or connections to get you off the starting block just a little quicker than everyone else… and the people Memo’s family were deepest with was their church group.

Not a whole lot of big ballers there.

Half of it was just not finding someone willing to take a chance on him.

So when the Mossdeep festival planner rang him back, he almost crapped himself. There it was, on his voicemail box: the invitation to come back and play a set at the Festival. Not a headliner, certainly, but an actual, goddamned performance!

He’d spent the next few days thinking he was dreaming.

There hadn’t been much monetary compensation left over after travel, room, and board, but he’d done his thing in front of a small but growing crowd, met some semi-famous people, and had the rest of the evening to enjoy the festival and do his own thing. He signed some autographs, took some pictures with people who wouldn’t remember who he was, and then headed out into the sea of celebrators for some chow.

He was just about to wonder what was taking so long with his order when a girl from the table nearest him leaped up and began crying out in pain, fanning at her lolling tongue.

“Woah, girl,” he said, offering her his untouched glass of ice water-- he’d ordered a beer and it was complimentary. “You okay? Gotta remember to breathe, too.”

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2022 11:38:29 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The kimono-clad girl instantly grabbed the glass of cold water and drank it all in one go, perhaps swallowing an ice cube or two in her haste (thankfully she didn't choke). She then slammed the glass down on the table and gasped for air. Her face, which had turned red, gradually reverted to its original coloration. "Hah... Thanks, mister." She nodded in gratitude.

Taking a better look at her 'savior', she was momentarily distracted by his dreadlocks. "Ooh, nice hair! I really shouldn't have eaten these Blaziken Nuggets while they were fresh out of the oven... or was it a fryer? Hmmm, how are Blaziken Nuggets even made? What is it that makes them 'finger lickin' good'?" The young woman pondered aloud, while inspecting the bucket that had a chibi Blaziken plastered on it along with the brand name.

"Anyway, you look like a foreigner. What brings you in Hoenn?" Andrea asked, pulling her orange hair behind her ear. "Did you come to see the festival? There's gonna be fireworks soon!" She beamed.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2022 20:00:23 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]
She drained the whole glass in one go, ice included. It was an incredible feat, followed by the slamming of the glass on the table. Within a few deep breaths, she no longer looked like she was morphing into a tomato. “Yeah, no problem. Didn’t want you to explode ‘r anything.”

Her eyes focused in on his hair for a moment and he tried to slip a word of thanks in edgewise before she launched off into a tangent about the food. “That’s a good question,” Memo said, flowing along with the conversation. He bent down-- admittedly not very far, as he was already pretty close to the ground-- to examine the grease-stained bucket. “Are they hot in, like, spice or in temperature?”

The conversation jumped back to him and he smiled, flipping dreads out of his forehead with the back of one finger. “Yup, guessed it. I’m from Galar. And you know, normal stuff. Seeking my fortune, new lease on life, that sort of thing.” Running away from a homophobic family… he left that part out. “Yeah, actually, I performed earlier. A small set. Before the main event.” He didn’t think new age synthhop seemed like her thing. “My name’s Memo.”

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d4a53c; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2022 15:24:30 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Hehehe, only Pokémon can Explode, silly!" Andrea remarked, giggling playfully. "I bet being a Voltorb or an Electrode would be super cool, but even then using Explosion all the time sounds painful. How do you think they do that?" She mused, almost going into another tangent.

Turning her attention back to the bucket of Blaziken Nuggets, the redheaded girl hummed in deep thought. "Hmmmm, that's an even better question. I think they might've cooled down by now." She speculated, testing her theory by grabbing a nugget, blowing on it, then putting it into her mouth and chewing tentatively. "Yeah, they're definitely less hot now, though they ARE a bit spicy." She affirmed.

The dark-skinned youth, Memo, explained that he was from the Galar region, and had performed for the festival earlier. "Ooooh, so you're like a dancer... or a singer. Wait, no, a rapper! I dunno why, but you definitely look like a rapper." The young woman observed. "My name is Andrea, and these are my friends, Chomper, Barron and Missy." She introduced herself and her Pokémon in turn, pointing at the Deino, the Aggron and the Kangaskhan respectively.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2022 17:31:20 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]
She posed a good question. “I’m sure it’s not, like, a true explosion. They probably just gather a whole bunch of energy and then release it. It’s probably exhausting, though.” Memo remembered being a child and thinking it would be cool as hell to be a Pokemon. Now, though, it just seemed fatiguing. “And you never know, spontaneous combustion is a thing, right?” It was a joke. Mostly.

She turned back to her food and his own stomach rumbled. “Hold up,” he said, flagging down a waiter and ordering a burger and fries to go along with his beer. That done, he grabbed his drink and switched to her table, somehow finding room between all her Pokemon. “You think that’s real Blaziken in there?” he asked with a wink, nodding to the nuggies.

“Yeah, I’m a bit of all of those. I don’t perform much anymore. There’s a lot of grassroots music stuff where I’m from, in Galar, so I kinda burnt out on it early.” he listened intently as the girl went down the list of names for her gigantic Pokemon, nodding to each one in turn. “My, what big friends you have,” he laughed, impressed.

The waiter brought him his plate and he dug in with gusto. “So Andrea, did you come for the fireworks?” he asked, pointing at her with a french fry.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d4a53c; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2022 10:33:59 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"They're just releasing all the energy they've gathered up in their bodies, huh? I see..." Andrea nodded in understanding. A person with a dirtier mind would have made a vulgar joke, but she was a pure bean, so any such jokes - wherever applicable - flew right over her head. "Pokémon are truly wonderful creatures, aren't they?" Was all that she commented on.

Memo's next comment was what actually caught the woman off guard. "No way! Am I eating a Blaziken right now?! That's gross! I think I'm gonna..." She put a hand over her mouth, as if about to gag. Chomper, however, kept munching on the delicious, nutritious nuggets, the idea that he might be feasting on a Pokémon's remains not disturbing him in the slightest.
"They're not made of real Blaziken. It's just their mascot." The waiter pointed out with a sigh.

After recovering from a near existential crisis, Andrea listened to Memo explaining a bit more about his profession. "Ah, so you ARE a rapper! When I was little, my Mom wouldn't let me listen to rap because it had bad and misogynistic words in it, but I think it sounds cool!" She mused, helping herself to a bowl of noodles. She nodded when the Galarian youth asked her if she'd come to Mossdeep to watch the fireworks. "Yep! Watching the fireworks every New Year is like a family tradition." The girl replied. "What about you? Do you like fireworks?"

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2022 18:10:55 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]
Maybe in a different world where Pokemon didn’t exist, what said would’ve sounded dirty. But to Memo, it was just a realistic summation of actual events that could definitely happen. Oh, the misery. “Yeah, they’re kind of insane. It’s a weird world we live in,” he agreed.

He couldn’t help but crack a smile when Andrea had a moment over what the nuggets might be made of. He patted her gently on the back, trying not to laugh. “I was just jokin',” he said, meeting the waiter’s tired gaze with an apologetic smile, “sorry.” He’d make sure to tip him extra to make up for the shenanigans.

Her viewpoint on rap was not an unusual one. “Yeah, there’s definitely parts of the genre that go… a little hard,” he admitted, popping a french fry in his mouth. “But I feel like you can argue that for a lot of types of music, although they may be a bit less on the nose.” He munched on his burger, swallowed, then continued: “I mean, I had the misfortune of hearing a country song called ‘You name the babies, I’ll name the dogs’, and that seems a bit misogynistic to me.” It hadn’t been a pleasant experience.

After a minute, he shrugged. “I’m more into music production now, anyhow. Song writing, beat writing. Composing.” His voice got a little soft and dreamy. Talking about music inevitably led to talking about back home, which he did not really want to get into. He was thankful when she went back to the fireworks. “That sounds cool,” he said. “I do like fireworks. This is my first time at this festival, though. Are there a lot of them in the Hoenn region?”

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2022 20:40:19 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"'You name the babies, I’ll name the dogs'?" Andrea repeated the title, getting a bit confused about its double meaning. One of the drawbacks of a Hoennian conversing with a Galarian was that some things were inevitably lost in translation. "It doesn't sound that misogynistic to me. Naming babies sounds fun!" She remarked, glancing at Missy and the baby Kangaskhan that was chilling in her pouch, munching on a single piece of mochi. "Isn't it weird that Pokémon don't name their own babies? Like, how can they tell them apart without nicknames?" The girl mused, almost going on another of her tangents.

Before she could begin said tangent, however, a blaring noise snatched away her attention, as multiple fireworks started popping in the night sky. "Whoa, it's started! Chomper look, look!" The young woman cried out in excitement and pointed aggressively at the sky, marveling at the brilliant spectacle and urging her Pokémon (who was more interested in the food still) to do the same.

Mossdeep's craftsmen had clearly put a lot of care and effort into building these fireworks. As soon as one shot up into the sky, it exploded into a multitude of colorful particles that briefly formed the likeness of a Pokémon - usually of the Electric rodent variety, like Minun or Pikachu. Gazing at them was enough to make all of one's worries dissipate. All that was left was to enjoy the show for the tiny, yet magical moment in time that it lasted, before they'd have to go their separate ways.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 20:51:05 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]
Leave it to to see the joy in something as annoying as a poorly named country song. Memo had to give it to her, so he simply smiled and took a swig of his beer. Their eyes tracked to the girls’ Kangaskhan and its littler counterpart secured in its pouch. “Maybe they do name them,” Memo said, thoughtful, “and we just don’t understand it.” Here he was, getting all metaphorical. Simple and complex, the two of them swirled together like an ice cream flavor.

He liked Andrea. She talked a lot but it was easy. He just flowed with her conversations, one topic to the next, to the next, to the next, until their whole confabulation was knocked off track by a big bang, and an explosion of color in the sky. So he finished his beer and sat in silence, looking overtop Andrea’s head at the night-swathed sky and the fireworks that scattered the ground in sparks.

Shortly they’d pay their bill and say adieu, but until then, the two new friends ooo’d and awww’d at the display, enjoying in pleasant company.

[break]YEETS MCSKEETS i'll throw in mod reqs ty cutie <3
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2022 5:37:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: