Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Mega Study
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2022 4:31:02 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","prydeimg"]

[attr="class","header"]whale of a problem

[attr="class","setting"]

This apparently happened now and then. Some wailord would get over ambitious in their outings. Play themselves a game too close to shore. It was pathetic really, and in his opinion this was nature's way of weeding out the weak. Though apparently other plans were being made as Rangers had already been called him. Meanwhile Lloyd made the case of the officer in charge on how he was a scientist and would like to observe and as simple as that he was allowed to stay.
[break][break]

Trusting this region was, for now he would look around the wail judging if there was even a good way to throw it out.

[break][break]
[attr="class","oocnotes"] +

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.prydeimg]position:relative; --accent:#a63d6a; --bgimg:url(https://imgur.com/V7aml9U.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.prydeimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg i]color:#fff; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; background-color:#4e1347; background-blend-mode:lighten; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .header]text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
I can and I will. Watch me.
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
Mega Study
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2022 4:51:10 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

There had once been a time when Lia had had to wake a sleeping Snorlax and get it to move, and she had done so by appealing to the pokémon’s infamous hunger and luring it with food. Most Wailord weighed much less than a full-grown Snorlax, and yet she had a feeling getting these ones back into the water would be far more difficult to do without simple brute force.
[break][break]
Still, she smiled at the officer present when her Pidgeot touched down upon Dewford’s beach, swiftly jumping off the pokémon’s back and flashing her ranger badge despite being in the ever too recognizable uniform.
[break][break]
”If you can make sure that everyone stays off the beach, that’d be great. My pokémon can take care of the Wailord, but it may take a moment.”
[break][break]
With that said, her attention turned to the gigantic Water type in question.
[break][break]
Poor thing… It probably hated this.

[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtnotes"]

notes

[break]
Mission - A Whale Of A Problem ♡
[attr="class","textwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #E9C25D; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #E9C25D!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #E9C25D; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #E9C25D; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 10px Montserrat; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #E9C25D; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Mega Study
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2022 5:03:11 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Seem like the whale's rescuer has arrived, the officer simply nods in thanks and does as instructed of making sure there wasn't much of a crowd. Meanwhile Pryde comes out from the other side of the Wailord and gives the Ranger a smile. "Morning," he greets with a friendly tone that matched the smile on his scared face, "I'm Dr. Lloyd Kvar," he gives a small nod in greeting, "I hope you don't mind, I already ask the young officer if I could stay on the scene and she seemed fine with it"[break][break]

"Curious to see how you'd handle such a thing"

[break][break]

[newclass=.prydeimg]position:relative; --accent:#a63d6a; --bgimg:url(https://imgur.com/V7aml9U.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.prydeimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; background-color:#4e1347; background-blend-mode:lighten; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
Mega Study
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2022 5:19:05 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Gold-coloured eyes fall upon the man when he steps closer, but she doesn’t bother with questioning his explanation. If the officer approved of it, then it should be fine, right?
[break][break]
”Morning, doctor. It’s nice to meet you. Amelia Livy.”
[break][break]
She smiles politely, even if her attention soon returns to the Wailord because she’s all too aware that time is of the essence in this sort of situation. It’s why she also calls her Pidgeot back, in its place releasing a golden Steelix that sternly stares down at .
[break][break]
”I was planning on having my Steelix dig under it and push it into the water. If he mega evolves, he’ll hopefully be able to do it with little effort and without causing more stress to the Wailord.”
[break][break]
The explanation is given with ease, both for the man’s sake and as instruction to the pokémon that dutifully goes underground moments after hearing her.

notes

[break]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #E9C25D; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #E9C25D!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #E9C25D; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #E9C25D; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 10px Montserrat; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #E9C25D; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Mega Study
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2022 5:47:11 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

'LLoyd' just nods, "Interesting interesting, and you fear not for how weaken it is already?" the scientist ask with curiosity as he knows that if htis thing really were at full health it might be able to get itself back into the water. For now he ignores the gaze the Steelix as it tries to move into the ground. Something does perk up in him though. [break][break]

"Mega Evolution huh? A powerful utility, sadly I'm a bit unfamiliar with it," he admits but he turns to his lucario and gives a signal. The canine turning the helmet his master made on to be sure to record the way the power and aura fluctuate.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
Mega Study
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2022 6:15:40 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

”Hmm…From the looks of it, the Wailord should be fine as long as it’s returned to the water soon, and I trust that Helix can perform the job gently. I’ll also have my Comfey with me to provide healing if needed.” It’s as she says this that she releases a Comfey from its pokéball, the Posy Picker Pokémon being quick to wrap its flowers around her forearm.
[break][break]
”You’re not? Huh… I figured most scientists in Hoenn were, given how common things like those are here.”
[break][break]
And also given the recent rumours of even wild pokémon mega evolving.
[break][break]
Lia glances at the Lucario then, wondering exactly what the pokémon is doing, but she reminds herself that she shouldn’t get distracted from the mission at hand.
[break][break]
”I don’t really know much of the science behind it, but people say a bond between trainer and pokémon is needed for it to mega evolve. Although, if you believe some of Hoenn’s own legends, Rayquaza may have just been the first pokémon to do it. So, who knows really…”
[break][break]
She muses with a faint smile, history definitely being her forte over science.
[break][break]
The earth itself shakes for a moment, the glow of Helix’s MEGA EVOLUTION coming from underground, and slowly, the Wailord begins to move closer to the water, as if something were carrying it towards it from beneath.

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Mega Study
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2022 6:37:04 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

"Fair enough," though he keeps his thoughts to himself about how the wailord should be left to rot. So for now he watches as the flower pokemon came out for possible healing. As she gives her little lesson Pryde sees the glow from the hole the steelix created before the wail starts to move. Interesting tactic, probably didn't do to well for the soft sand. He looks to his Lucario to make sure they were capturing the enegy reading. As he doubts he'll ever have a 'relationship' with any of his pokemon. [break][break]

"I'm still somewhat new to Hoenn, and from what ive come to understand Mega Evolution has only been around for a few years, and well sadly I've been lost in the woods for several years, so I'm a tad out of touch with society for a moment" he chuckles at that, lying easily but it was the story around his character.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
Mega Study
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2022 6:51:04 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

The Steelix, larger and heavier in its mega evolved form, also happens to be much stronger, and moving something like a Wailord proves to be an easy enough task. Despite the latter’s weak movement, it’s pushed into the water, the waves soon gently crashing against its side.
[break][break]
Meanwhile, Lia frowns as she supervises the process, for Dr. Lloyd Kvar’s story seems like a strange one.
[break][break]
”Lost in the woods for years? Damn, that sounds tough…”
[break][break]
And also highly unlikely, but who is she to judge?
[break][break]
With the Wailord now in the shallow water, the Steelix begins to emerge from under the sand.
[break][break]
”Lei, heal the Wailord so it can leave.”
[break][break]
The command is given to her Comfey this time, the pokémon letting go of her arm in order to approach the Water type. In a gentle breeze, the petals of the Comfey’s FLORAL HEALING surround it, restoring its health and energy.

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Mega Study
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2022 7:05:45 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

"Indeed, Mt Silver, it is said it is rough terrain for the ill prepared and well," the scientist touches the scar on his face as if thinking of old dark memories. "And well my team and I were will prepared," he gives the ranger a sad smile as he tells the synopsis of his backstory. Because clearly its not something anyone would want to dwell in to deeply into. [break][break]

For now he goes over the footage of the transformation on his tablet, seeing out the aura between pokemon and their trainer seemed to link up. Interesting is this that 'bond' they were talking about? "The evolution was quite fascinating though, thank you very much for showing it to me"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
Mega Study
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2022 7:19:45 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Mt. Silver.
[break][break]
Johto, if her memory serves her right.
[break][break]
The ranger doesn’t bother with thinking too deeply about the scientist’s story, for most of her attention remains on the Wailord as it moves to deeper water, soon being nowhere to be seen – underwater, swimming away. She smiles, glad to know the pokémon is safe and no longer in distress.
[break][break]
”Ah… You’re welcome. Hope it helped somehow.”
[break][break]
Her smile remains as she looks at the man, only to then approach the Steelix that lowers its head enough for her to gently pet it. Under her loving touch, pokémon closes its eyes, its huge golden body glowing as it devolves back to its usual form.
[break][break]
”Good job, Helix. You too, Lei.”
[break][break]
The Comfey twirls in the air at her praise.
[break][break]
Just like that, another mission successfully completed, even if with a somewhat strange audience.

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,922 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Mega Study
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2022 3:06:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(ranger rewards)