awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
wish upon a star [ww]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2022 17:02:51 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessica was creeped out. The further she went into the Granite Cave, the more she began to regret her decision to come and find this "Father Winter" character.

Something had been screaming at her that perhaps it was a bad idea the second she received that aggressive-sounding letter shortly after her Christmas letter was sent out. But there was also intrigue and a potential for a wish to come true.

So she was there, alone, though her trusted Pokemon rested in their balls at her side. It was rare that she'd keep Finn in his, but she put him away when she found the room that was described to her in the letter.

The man waiting there, the Father Winter, was not what she expected at all. Jessie looked him over with her eyes, her eyes narrowed. However, she remained silent as he spoke.

What did she want? Something physical... her immediate thought was , but she felt like, in a way, she already had him. Not entirely, of course, but she didn't think it was wise of her to warrant that of a wish from her.

So what then?

"I want a strong Pokemon. Something amazing and outstanding that I can use to protect my gang. I can't stand around and do nothing for them forever..."

The last part was added as an after thought.

"Heads."

bGnWsUYJ
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,784 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
wish upon a star [ww]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2022 5:39:11 GMT
shiv Avatar

THE COIN TOSS

"THEN THIS IS YOUR CHANCE. TO DO SOMETHING." Father Winter takes note of the coin toss' result with discerning eyes. He continues to smile, betraying little. "ONCE YOU'VE RECOVERED YOUR PRIZE, HEAD BACK. THE PORTAL WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU."

As the swirl of the portal consumes you, he snaps his fingers. Immediately, his UNOWN-D swirls around and seals the dimensional door, the cycling strokes of black dissipating in mid-air. On the other side, you would notice the deception immediately. The portal closes behind you, leaving you to fend yourself against the foreign elements of this new plane.

You have LOST THE COIN TOSS. Father Winter intends for you to die in another realm.

---

INSTRUCTIONS

TO CONTINUE, make a post or several posts detailing your character's adventure into an alternate universe or timeline.

Below this post are prompts that you must fulfill during your post or posts. Although there is no minimum word count, please write something meaningful, whether it is a poetic drabble, a concerted narrative, or an experimental foray into storytelling.

Once you are done, TAG SHIV in #wintry-wagers on Discord or on Proboards. Afterward, will post a small follow up to end your thread.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,784 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
wish upon a star [ww]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2022 5:39:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","hoennstarconstellation"]JESSICA BLACK

[attr="class","hoennstarwrap"]

[attr="class","hoennstargradient"]

[attr="class","hoennstarstars"]

[attr="class","hoennstarcloud"]

[attr="class","hoennstarpoint"]
[attr="class","hoennstarpointstar"]
[attr="class","hoennstarhover"]

[attr="class","hoennstarbox"]

[attr="class","hoennstarnumber"]1
[attr="class","hoennstartitle"]STRONG PKMN, WEAK PKMN

[attr="class","hoennstardesc"]In the alternate universe Jessica has been sent to, the climate is hot and sweltering. However, it is filled with powerful Pokemon. Encounter a hostile Heatran and survive its onslaught. Although you will not be able to catch it, attempt to secure the artifact it is guarding: a fiery drum, an exotic artifact that beats out rhythms that burn with fiery passion, rumored to steal fiery hearts.

[attr="class","hoennstartask"]RETRIEVE THE FIERY DRUM.

[attr="class","hoennstarnumber"]2
[attr="class","hoennstartitle"]ALPHABET ORIENTEERING

[attr="class","hoennstardesc"]Navigating an alternate universe is jarring. Using your own Unown or benevolent Unown, find a way back to your original universe.

[attr="class","hoennstartask"]USE & BOLD 3 WORDS FROM THE UNOWN REPORT.

[attr="class","hoennstarnumber"]3
[attr="class","hoennstartitle"]MEGA DISCOVERY

[attr="class","hoennstardesc"]During your travel, you will realize that mega stones and evolution exist in this universe too. Confiscate a mega stone of your choice to defend yourself against the perils of this land.

[attr="class","hoennstartask"]FIND A MEGA STONE & USE IT.

[attr="class","hoennstarnumber"]4
[attr="class","hoennstartitle"]DEATH STRANDING

[attr="class","hoennstardesc"]You are not meant to be here- but you are not alone. Encounter a dead body that is from your original universe, presumably a victim of Father Winter. Otherwise, encounter "death" in some form, whether it is a dead Pokemon, person, or a being you must end.

[attr="class","hoennstartask"]REFERENCE DEATH.

[attr="class","hoennstarnumber"]5
[attr="class","hoennstartitle"]DOUBLE TROUBLE

[attr="class","hoennstardesc"]
Although you may not recognize this land or its people— there is no mistaking your own face or the face of a lover. Encounter an alternate version of Jessica, the Blacks, or Niko Manner. They may be benevolent or hostile.

[attr="class","hoennstartask"]ENCOUNTER AN ALTERNATE SELF / OTHER.

[attr="class","hoennstarcorner1"]

[attr="class","hoennstarcorner2"]

[attr="class","hoennstarcorner3"]

[attr="class","hoennstarcorner4"]

[attr="class","hoennstarborder"]

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
dancin' down on sunset strip
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
wish upon a star [ww]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2022 3:09:06 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessica looked at the portal that began to engulf her, looking over her shoulder as the last bits of Father Winter's face disappeared from her view. Within a matter of moments, what she thought would be a path to power turned into a fiery hell.

"No. Let me out-!"

The Unown-D vanished, leaving Jessica there in a suffocating heat. She grasped at her throat, feeling as if it was on fire as she breathed. She was in Hell. There was no way this wasn't it. Sweat was already glistening on her pale skin, soaking through her clothes as she took in her surroundings.

Even though the environment was hot and hellish, there were Pokemon around, seemingly thriving as though the heat was no bother to them. There were ones she had never seen before. Perhaps, if she approached, they would be willing to help her...

But as she stepped closer, a quadrupedal Pokemon locked eyes on her, making a growling noise. It sprang forward, taking her off guard. Its teeth clanged together like steel bars banging against each other as it attacked. Jessie only managed to move on time just barely. Behind, where it had been standing, rested a drum that was beating, as if by magic.

It was a scene from a NIGHTMARE. Jessie was scrambling to get away, to run from the Heatran as it tried to attack her. However, the drums were calling to her. How would she be able to get them without being killed by the savage Pokemon?

WISH, and it was granted. A mega stone appeared in her view, and an idea sparked in her mind. As she grabbed it, she grabbed one of her Pokemon, her Lapras, and threw it forward. Of course, she knew it was probably suffering from the heat like she was.

"Just give me some time. Mega evolve!"

The Lapras evolved, and it attacked the Heatran as it tried to attack Jessie. A fierce HYDRO PUMP was sent to the Heatran, fending it back as Jessie swiped the drums. The Heatran was damaged from the water, growling from the steam emitting from its body. It couldn't attack anymore, not without its heat.

So Jessie brought back her Lapras and took her leave.

However, Jessie was still trapped, carrying a bulking fiery drum with her as the sweltering heat engulfed her. She was dehydrated, her head hurt, and she felt like she was going to pass out. She sat on the ground of the DISTORTIONWORLD, close to giving up on everything.

"Jessie? What are you doing here?"

His voice brought her out of her mind. Jessie's head snapped up, the soot and sweat sticking to her face pooling down as she saw him.

"Niko. How are you... what are you doing here?" she asked, standing up without another thought and practically jumping into his arms.

"That's what I asked you. You know it isn't safe here, right? You should get back. The gang has been wondering where you've been."

Niko's eyes fell on the fiery drum, staying there for a moment before looking back to Jessie. She took no mind in that, rather relieved to see the man she loved... yes, loved, with her in this fiery hell. If this is where she was meant to be, she'd be fine if he too was there.

"I can go back, as long as you come with me. Come on, I want to go home," Jessie said, taking his hand to lead him away.

But then, there's a sharp pain in her leg. Jessie cried out, hands coming to her thigh before she fell down on the ground. Peering up from her spot, she saw him, brandishing a knife in his hand.

"Niko... what are you doing? Why did you-"

"You have it. The drum. It's something I've been searching for a long time, and you brought it straight to me. Stupid girl."

His voice oozed delight as he reached for the drum. Jessie, however, reached out and grabbed it, clinging to it like a child. It burned her hands, but she held tightly as she stared at him with a frightened look in her eyes.

"You are stupid. Pathetic. Weak. You know I will never love you. Why do you keep trying so hard to prove yourself? I only wanted to use you for my own pleasure. You think I actually ever gave a shit about you?"

This Niko's words tore deeply into Jessie's chest, harder than the knife ever could. He looked at her with disinterest, disgust, before scoffing, kicking dirt her way.

"You aren't worth my time. That drum, it isn't worth anything. Just like you. You will never surmount to anything, Jessica Black."

With those words ringing in her ears, Jessie watched him walk away, tears streaming down her face.

So this was what death felt like.

prompts completed
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,784 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
wish upon a star [ww]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 23:08:33 GMT
shiv Avatar

THE FINALE

YOU RETURN TO THE QUIET OF GRANITE CAVE. "Father Winter" and his Unown-D is nowhere to be seen. At first, you wonder if you're truly home.

But the shrill cries of Zubat echo in the darkness. The periodic thud of a Nosepass' slow ambling steps punctuate shrouded cavern tunnels and paths reassure you in their eerie rhythms, that you are indeed where you need to be. Your home. Your own dimension.

Will you fight to protect it?

REWARDS

THE FIERY DRUM

• the FIERY DRUM has unlocked a small questline for your character. inquiring about the fiery drum will eventually lead you to a kindler named farhan, who will lead you toward mt. chimney.
  • to begin this questline, create a thread on mt. chimney. farhan will meet up with your character in the next post.