cazadora [c]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2019 7:11:31 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

She had challenged the gym on a whim.[break][break]

Someone had to pull the breaker, turning on the spotlights that were trained on the circular battle arena—a pokeball-like pattern engraved into the ground, marking the perimeter that the pokemon would have to abide by. It was a familiar sight. Bailey Cooper had been a trainer for the majority of her life—the layouts of gyms were familiar to her, even if she never bothered to pursue the League Challenge.[break][break]

That would change. Each day had brought new challenges for the young woman—challenges that replayed in her mind, souring her mood and making her eager to find an outlet. Pokemon Battling had been the most cathartic. [break][break]

The young Sergeant took her position, standing on the challenger's side of the arena. A red capsule bounced in her free hand—her choice had already been made.[break][break]

There was a loud crack as Tink, her Togekiss, was deployed to the battle arena.[break][break]

TRAINER BAILEY HAS CHALLENGED YOU!
[break][break]

The fairy-type lofted into the air, gently flapping her wings to hold her position. “You ready?” A question to the gym leader and to her pokemon—Tink turned her head to glance back in Bailey's direction, making a mocking expression to try and draw a reaction from her trainer—a smile or something that could change the woman's increasingly morose temperament.[break][break]

Bailey spared a smile, but it could only last for a few moments before she steeled herself, waiting to see what the Gym Leader would chose for his first pokemon.[break][break]

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
cazadora [c]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2019 12:05:56 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
another day, another challenge. this one, however, seems different but he cannot put his finger on why. perhaps it's because she carries with her an aura of determination he hasn't seen in a while. or perhaps it's the fact that the same aura carries a sense of longing, too. 

the challenger hasn't even smiled once.

"i am." 

drawing out a pokeball, he summons gallade, his trusty fighter who takes center stage. like the rest of the gym challenges, this one's no different: a maze made out of hedges stand in the middle of the battlefield. gallade steps into it, disappearing into the tall hedges.

"the battle begins when your togekiss enters the maze. good luck." 

most gyms have a gimmick; his is no different in that regard. gallade's psychic-typing will give him the advantage. the question in play is: how well will the challenger react?

alexander is about to find out.

"you can have the first move."

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
cazadora [c]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2019 0:03:25 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

She lost sight of the Gallade.[break][break]

“That'll get in the way,” but at least she was allowed to have the first move. Bailey Cooper kept her hands tucked in her pockets—her foot drumming against the battleground as her options started to rotate in her mind. The maze would not work in her favor. Gallades were psychic, right? There was too much bullshit that the Gym Leader could try and pull.[break][break]

Her Togekiss' patience was running thin.[break][break]

The Sergeant caught the dirty look that Tink shot in her direction. “Hey, don't rush me, alright? It's your ass that would get kicked,” but there was no point wasting her time trying to think of a plan—Bailey had never been a strategist. The faster she could get to an actual brawl, the better.[break][break]

“Use Aura Sphere,” and she would just have to let the sphere guide Tink through the maze. The fairy nodded at her suggestion, projecting her energy to form the blue, spectral sphere. The attack would immediately deploy, launching through the tight bends and turns, seeking the enemy. Even if their view was obscured, the sphere would not stray—it would know where to go.[break][break]

togekiss used aura sphere!
[break][break]

Tink would take to the air, positioning herself above the maze as she sought a better view. "Keep it up. It won't be able to hide for forever," and she never let her eyes stray from her fairy, sensing that the battle would not be that easy.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
cazadora [c]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2019 15:17:04 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
galllade doesn't move. instead, he stands perfectly still and listens to every bit of sound that travels through the air. he doesn't have to; his psychic-typing grants him an advantage over others; but he chooses to because he cannot solely rely on one sense.

the leaves that comprise the maze ruffle with intensity that can only be from an attack. gallade doesn't see it coming but he feels it. it only takes him a moment to shift his mindset.

"react." 

gallade does just that. SWORDS DANCE sets up a counter attack. when the AURA SPHERE bursts through the wall, gallade reacts in an instant and TELEPORTS on top of the togekiss. his legs buckle but tighten as they clench onto the fairy-type, holding it in place to take the AURA SPHERE instead.

the attack curves upwards and flies straight at them.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
cazadora [c]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2019 23:08:07 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

“Fuckin' knew it,” Bailey grumbled under her breath as the Gallade used teleportation. One moment, the psychic pokemon was within the depths of the maze. The next moment, he had warped to the same height as her Togekiss and was now attempting to grapple with the fairy-type.[break][break]

The Sergeant cupped a hand to her mouth, unfazed as the Aura Sphere bent its path to pursue the airborne target. Togekiss may have been in the line of fire, but a move like that would pose little threat to the flying fairy. “You know the drill,” because it was easy for people to forget that the young Sergeant had experience with situations like this.[break][break]

She had been a trainer for fourteen years—that experience had to manifest somehow.[break][break]

Bailey Cooper was wearing her sunglasses as Tink started to glow. The pale skin of the Togekiss seeming to come to life with a sheen of white that would have burned to the touch, like pressing a hand to a light bulb as it prepared to shine.[break][break]

togekiss used dazzling gleam![break][break]

She flashed like a strobe light, emitting a light that was so bright that even Bailey flinched from behind her polarized lenses. It would have been blinding. If the Gallade chose to maintain its grip, it would have been blinding and burning.[break][break]

Bailey's voice cut through the air. “Bring 'em down!” Her finger cut its own path, going down with a sharp snap of the wrist.[break][break]

The Aura Sphere was fast approaching.[break][break]

togekiss used extreme speed![break][break]

The Gallade's grip may have restricted Tink's movement, but that couldn't stop her from falling. The very same energy that had manifested the Aura Sphere and the Dazzling Gleam would encircle the fairy-type, empowering it with a suddenly burst of momentum that would have shot her downward, straight to the ground, at a neck breaking speed.[break][break]

If the Gallade had held on, it would have been dragged along for the ride—and Togekiss would have flown straight into the approaching sphere, attempting to drag both of them into the oncoming attack, hoping that the physic pokemon had been temporarily blinded by the gleam.[break][break]

It would have struck the Togekiss, but the fighting-type move would have only drawn a grimace from the fairy—she had a good deal of resistance to attacks of that nature.[break][break]

And the ground would be fast approaching—a crash landing. She was going to drive both of them into the ground.[break][break]

Bailey grimaced. “Oof,” but knew that Tink would be able to take a fair share of abuse before she would have to intervene. The marshmallow-looking pokemon was far more sturdy than she appeared.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
cazadora [c]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2019 15:46:22 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
DAZZLING GLEAM.

it's blinding as it encompasses the entire body of the togekiss, and though blinding, it isn't bright enough to blind gallade's other pair of eyes. alexander's eyes narrow under the harshness but soon blinks it away and understands the situation that's about to unfold.

"cling on!" 

which only means one thing: setting up defenses. gallade might have been unable to react to the DAZZLING GLEAM, feeling the radiant energies scorch away, but he quickly recovers and forms a WIDE GUARD to block incoming attacks.

but gallade knows that isn't enough to hold on to the togekiss. so with the sharp end of his arm, he jabs it into the body of the togekiss with a PSYCHO CUT, utilizing his psychic energies to further damage.

as the two crash land into the ground, gallade's WIDE GUARD holds even under the pressure of the earlier AURA SPHERE but breaks soon after. gallade rolls forward and leaps through one of the grass walls of the maze, attempting to disappear back into the cover of the maze.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
cazadora [c]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2019 4:50:11 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

The WIDE GUARD had defied Bailey's expectations. “Tch. Thought it'd be another teleport,” and her eyes were cast to her Togekiss as she picked herself up from the ground, trying to shake off the damage from the PSYCO CUT and the crash landing—the Sergeant could see the cut and how it oozed.[break][break]

The fairy could not be allowed to accumulate any more damage—not when the fight was so young. If she wanted Tink to outlast her opponent, there would have to be a change in strategy. It would be difficult against an opponent with high utility and high combat potential... but the fairy-type pokemon had a few tricks up her sleeves.[break][break]

“Let's cut to the chase,” and she had seen the Gallade dive back into the sanctuary of the hedges. It was time to take the gloves off. It was time to show why fighting against a Togekiss could be a complete nightmare. “Use Air Slash.”[break][break]

Togekiss used Air Slash![break][break]

She swept with her wings, sending forth the attack with trained precision. The thin, wisk-like blades would manifest with each wing beat, stretching out from Tink like a cone. The sharpened air would easily decapitate the hedges, decimating a large portion of the maze as the wing blades stretched—and something about this attack would seem sharper than the average Air Slash, as if something had influenced its potential.[break][break]

Serene Grace has activated! It has doubled the likelihood of an additional effect! Air Slash's flinch chance has doubled! To contest the chance of flinching (should the attack make contact), roll above 60![break][break]

A pause.[break][break]

“Again,” and the attack was executed twice, further damaging the maze as hedges slacked and slumped to the ground after being cleaved—it would be too much damage for a gardener to ever hope to repair. The hedges would just have to be regrown.[break][break]

It was time to apply pressure.[break][break]

Togekiss used Air Slash! Serene Grace has activated! It has doubled the likelihood of an additional effect! Air Slash's flinch chance has doubled! To contest the chance of flinching (should the attack make contact), roll above 60![break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
cazadora [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2019 5:26:18 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
the leaves that comprise the maze ruffle with immense pressure, signaling that an attack is incoming. it allows gallade enough time to predict and dodge the first attack, but he does not see the second one coming, at least not fast enough to leap out of the way.

the second attack hits dead on, drawing blood.

__W7vV9|

but gallade does not flinch. the attack, while super-effective, changes the game plan for gallade and his trainer. alexander ponders on it for a moment, assessing as his eyes peer through the thick of the maze. the quietness that fills the air tells him that gallade is playing defense.

and so, under the cover of the tall hedges, gallade looks to move silently, but not before sending another PSYCHO CUT in the direction of where the attack came from. after that, he starts moving, light on his feet as he uses the cover of the hedges to mask his presence while keeping track of the togekiss' presence.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
cazadora [c]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2019 5:57:59 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

I GOT A BEAST THAT CALLS MY NAME. YEAH, IT COMES IN THE NIGHT AND IT AIN'T SATISFIED TILL WE'RE BOTH GOING UP IN FLAMES. IT'S THE BLOOD THAT I BLEED, IT'S THE LOVE THAT I NEED, AND IT'S ALL OUT OF MY CONTROL, AND IT AIN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN SAVE.

[attr="class","frlastcontparty"]
[attr="class","frlastcontpoke"]

[break]

They could not relent.[break][break]

Bailey Cooper cannot tell if her Togekiss' succession of attacks were successful. As long as the Gallade played defensively and used the maze as cover, she would just have to guess. “You can't let up,” and her eyes narrowed as she scanned the line of hedges, noting which hedges were struck down.[break][break]

If they could chop down the entire maze, then... there would be nothing for the Gallade to hide behind.[break][break]

Something burst from the maze, catching Bailey's eye as it soared toward her fairy-type. After executing the two consecutive AIR SLASHES, the fairy was only barely able to maneuver out of the way of the second Psycho Cut, wincing as a portion of her wing is clipped.[break][break]

But it would take more than that to stop this assault.[break][break]

togekiss used air slash! serene grace has activated! it has doubled the likelihood of an additional effect! air slash's flinch chance has doubled! to contest the chance of flinching (should the attack make contact), roll above 60![break][break]

“Don't leave anything standing,” and Bailey Cooper felt a tinge of sympathy as another wave of air sliced through a row of the maze.[break][break]

togekiss used air slash! serene grace has activated! it has doubled the likelihood of an additional effect! air slash's flinch chance has doubled! to contest the chance of flinching (should the attack make contact), roll above 60![break][break]

Tink ignored the blood that oozed from the slow accumulation of cuts that raked her white, pale flesh. She could take it. She could push through it.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
cazadora [c]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2019 7:22:40 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
there isn't much of the maze left standing, both gallade and his trainer realize that, but there is still enough to be able to successfully utilize it to aid his attempts at staying hidden, or at the very least slippery.

gallade can feel the impact of his attack, recognizing that it didn't strike with full potential. slightly ticked at how evasive this flying fairy-type seems to be, gallade watches the movements of the hedges carefully, feeling the shift in the air right as the AIR SLASH is launched.

expecting two attacks, gallade evades the first one with ease but miscalculates on the second, thinking he had more space than given. the attack slices at his left arm, and as he lands on the ground his balance gives out and he topples, rolling for a brief period before coming to an immediate halt.

the attack disrupts his focus and as he's left there trying to regain his bearings, all he can do is clutch at his injured left arm and anticipate the next attack.

VxITXStL

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
cazadora [c]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2019 7:01:40 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

I GOT A BEAST THAT CALLS MY NAME. YEAH, IT COMES IN THE NIGHT AND IT AIN'T SATISFIED TILL WE'RE BOTH GOING UP IN FLAMES. IT'S THE BLOOD THAT I BLEED, IT'S THE LOVE THAT I NEED, AND IT'S ALL OUT OF MY CONTROL, AND IT AIN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN SAVE.

[break]

Bailey watched as another section of hedge fell to the wayside, leaving the Gallade exposed. The Air Slash had hit its mark and achieved the wanted effect. It gave the Sergeant the chance to switch her gaze from the psychic fighter to Tink as the marshmallow pokemon tried to catch her breath. The continued sequence of attacks must have been exhausting.[break][break]

It had served a good purpose.[break][break]

“You still good to go?” Tink scolded Bailey with her eyes. “Aight. Go for it,” and she raised her hands in defeat, letting the fairy do as she pleased.[break][break]

togekiss used magic coat!
[break][break]

Magic Coat was cast; it shimmered its rainbow-like hue as the energy encased the Togekiss in a tightly fit shell. Extreme Speed to close the distance. Defense and then offense. They couldn't count on the same strategies. It was time to change it up.[break][break]

togekiss used extreme speed!
[break][break]

“Now the real fight can start...” and she can feel her fingers twitch, itching to see how this would progress.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
cazadora [c]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2019 8:44:32 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
not an AIR SLASH, what a surprise! alexander and gallade share the same thought as they watch a shimmering, rainbow-hue cover the entirety of the togekiss almost blindingly, so much so that it manages to disrupt gallade's focus on the incoming attack that soon follows.

unable to pivot on his feet in time, gallade is tackled by the ferocious EXTREME SPEED and is taken to the ground, grinding against the rough floors until the togekiss relents.

gallade is left on the ground, left arm heavily injured while the rest of him struggle to withstand the pain. gallade's strength comes from being alexander's main partner, but that is also where his weakness stems from. being subjected to battle after battle, day in, day out, is exhausting for both the body and the spirit.

but gallade does not give up. he moves forward, speed not nearly as fast as the EXTREME SPEED but still a blur, he swipes forward with his sword-arm, FEINTING to make sure his attack lands before following it with a point-blank PSYCHO CUT. regardless of whether the togekiss may be in the air or not, gallade will find his way to it.

alexander already has another pokeball in his hand, understanding that this might be gallade's last move.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
cazadora [c]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2019 17:36:07 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

The Extreme Speed had made its mark.[break][break]

Bailey Cooper had retrieved her own capsules. Tink's pokeball rested in one hand... and she bounced the other, knowing that the time was drawing near for the swap out. “Least there's no more hedges...” the Sergeant muttered under her breath, knowing that the rest of the fight could be straight-forward; a slobber-knocker, like a Fighting-Type Gym embodied.[break][break]

The Gallade had picked itself up from the ground as Togekiss coasted low to the ground, circling her opponent; it was not the damage done to the Togekiss that worried Bailey, but the exhaustion that came from the overuse of Air Slash. Pushing her into a second fight would be unwise—she would get sloppy.[break][break]

“Get ready for it!” Because the Gallade was already closing in, ready to execute another Psycho Cut.[break][break]

The Feint would be wasted, because Tink would make no effort to dodge.[break][break]

Bailey Cooper had instilled a lesson in her pokemon: if they hit you, you hit them back twice as hard. The rainbow-sheen of Magic Coat had faltered, but only because something was glowing underneath—a deceptive tactic that only revealed itself when the attack was struck.[break][break]

Togekiss used Dazzling Gleam![break]

And the bright strobe blinded Bailey, forcing her to shield her eyes as she awaited the final outcome.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
cazadora [c]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2019 9:13:16 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
gallade closes his eyes but it's far too late to make a difference. his attack had connected and there was nothing left of him to do but to succumb to the bright lights of the dazzling gleam. the bond shared between gallade and his trainer comes into play in that moment when gallade's body never finds the ground; instead, he is recalled back into his pokeball.

"nice one, miss!" 

in gallade's place is a cute little green toad boy who looks across the battlefield with wide, blank eyes that are only filled with joy and love. hurting a cute boy like this must surely be a crime. surely!

"do your thing, politoed." 

the thing starts off simple with a large aoe hydro pump that'll make bailey wonder how wide politoed's mouth actually is.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
cazadora [c]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2019 19:51:53 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

Was that... a Politoed? In a fighting gym?[break][break]

Bailey Cooper withdrew Tink back to the confines of her capsule. The fairy pokemon was still conscious, but it would be cruel to ask her to endure two battles—especially when she had a pokemon that was ready and willing to fight. Despite the presence of the second capsule in her hand, the sergeant almost seemed to hesitate after looking at the small, green pokemon.[break][break]

“Great, now I look like an asshole,” and she scratched her cheek as her capsule popped, revealing the towering shape of her Kommo-o as he materialized onto the battlefield.[break][break]

Kapow looked to his trainer, and then to his opponent... and back to Bailey, again.[break][break]

His confusion was palpable. “Don't give me that shit,” and she crossed her arms, gesturing with her chin for him to get ready.[break][break]

That was when the Politoed released the Hydro Pump. Instead of standing in the splash zone, Kapow coiled his tail underneath him... and he turned to Bailey, shrugging before he empowered the limb and used it as a springboard to launch himself upward.[break][break]

Kapow used Dragon Tail![break][break]

The dragon had aimed himself for one of the adjacent walls, using the might of his claws to anchor himself in place. From this elevated position, he let a low rumble surface from the depths of his throat—then, letting it grow into a roar that was projected with such volume that even Bailey felt it in her bones.[break][break]

Kapow used Noble Roar!

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES