twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,826 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
cazadora [c]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2019 2:40:14 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
it is a politoed! in a fighting gym! he figures she's more than capable of handling a deviation from the norm. her next choice comes in the form of a dragon; an oh so boring dragon that he's seen a countless times before. but that is the norm these days with trainers: dragons are the most powerful.

the DRAGON TAIL is used to springboard itself onto an adjacent wall. politoed stands his ground and only twists his head to follow the movement of the dragon. the NOBLE ROAR does little to to effect him; he feels the effects but doesn't even wince at the volume.

after the sound dies out is when his mouth snaps wide open. but no water leaves him this time. a melodic tune flows across the battlefield, somehow amplified as it looks to soothe those in the vicinity. dark clouds soon gather overhead, and with a few seconds thunder cracks, calling upon rain.

PERISH SONG and RAIN DANCE.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
cazadora [c]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2019 23:38:08 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

I GOT A BEAST THAT CALLS MY NAME. YEAH, IT COMES IN THE NIGHT AND IT AIN'T SATISFIED TILL WE'RE BOTH GOING UP IN FLAMES. IT'S THE BLOOD THAT I BLEED, IT'S THE LOVE THAT I NEED, AND IT'S ALL OUT OF MY CONTROL, AND IT AIN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN SAVE.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

[attr="class","frlastcontparty"]
[attr="class","frlastcontpoke"]

[break]

Perish Song, huh?[break][break]

“Alright Kapow, you know what that means,” the Sergeant would regard the first and true Kommo-o with a shrug.[break][break]

It meant they would have to wrap this up. His body would emit a purple, dragon-like hue as he released himself from his perch—Dragon's Dance activating as his talons touched back onto the wet ground as he rolled his shoulders to let the joints pop. This was not the Regirock Raid, where he would have the chance to spam that shit three times in a row.

But, he would just have to make due.[break][break]

Kapow used Dragon's Dance![break]

As the Rain Dance took effect, the heart-scaled dragon would raise his two fists as he took on a boxer's stance. He would not hold his ground for long, as another attack began to manifest itself. Bailey recognized its sheen as the air seemed to disturb itself around the Dragon's fist.[break][break]

Kapow used Sky Uppercut![break]

And then, with almost a vaccum-like pull, the Dragon pokemon would suddenly be propelled towards the Politoed.[break][break]

If worse came to worse, she would just have to withdraw Kapow and let Tink hold the front until they could be swapped.

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

; 4 perish count

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,826 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
cazadora [c]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 8:21:18 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
it's a lost battle but the least they can do is give the challenger a run for her money. with PERISH SONG in play it forces them into an urgency. their opponent seems to have realized the same and has taken the initiative to engage.

politoed's short legs are deceptive even to a trained eye. the water-type looked to be merely squatting but in reality he had been preparing to shift his weight the moment he feels a change in the air. as the RAIN pours down around them, suddenly there's a shift.

the dragon surges forward, speed unrivaled, and politoed is forced to lunge to the side to barely avoid the SKY UPPERCUT. to create distance, politoed's mouth snaps open and from it erupts a surging HYDRO PUMP that looks to separate the two.

the PERISH SONG that still echoes in the air suddenly grows louder. a hidden HYPNOSIS is carefully intertwined into the song, hoping to catch the dragon off guard.

4/5

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
cazadora [c]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2019 18:15:14 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

I GOT A BEAST THAT CALLS MY NAME. YEAH, IT COMES IN THE NIGHT AND IT AIN'T SATISFIED TILL WE'RE BOTH GOING UP IN FLAMES. IT'S THE BLOOD THAT I BLEED, IT'S THE LOVE THAT I NEED, AND IT'S ALL OUT OF MY CONTROL, AND IT AIN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN SAVE.

He would not allow the Politoed to gain distance.[break][break]

The moment Perish Song was activated, both Bailey and her pokemon knew what kind of fight this would be—a fight where neither could relent. The green toad used hydro pump to create distance, but Kapow had something to close it.[break][break]

Dragon's Dance; he would be clipped by the hydro pump just so he could chase, refusing to offer his opponent a chance to breathe.[break][break]

“He's like Bumbo! Watch his feet!” The Darmanitan that she owned used a similar style of movement—Kapow let that advice register as he closed in, letting his enhanced speed and strength speak for him.[break][break]

He noticed the change in the song, subtle but present, as he lunged and tried to lodge his fist into the pokemon's open maw; sky uppercut.

; 3 perish count

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,826 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
cazadora [c]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2019 2:28:51 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
miss cooper's reputation precedes her. she understands the battle and the situation just as well as he did. he can tell by how she refuses to let politoed create any sort of separation, understanding that all she has to do is to run down the clock. 

she goes on the offense, giving chase to a fleeing politoed. the HYDRO PUMP clips the dragon but it doesn't do enough to slow it down. politoed lands on his feet and immediately springs upwards, BOUNCING into the air only to be countered with an immediate SKY UPPERCUT.

the kommo-o has read politoed's movements. bailey has read alexander's game plan. and for that he has to commend her.

politoed lands not too far away. the rain continues to pour over a damp battlefield. politoed struggles to his feet but still retaliates with a desperate HYDRO PUMP.

3/5

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
cazadora [c]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2019 22:28:23 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

The desperate hydro pump hit its mark.[break][break]

Kapow landed back to the ground, just in time for the pressurized stream of water to be shot in his direction. Rather than dodge, rather than try his luck to try and back away, the stubborn dragon dug his claws into the softened earth that the rain had saturated.[break][break]

He braced himself.[break][break]

On all fours, brass claws entrenched in mud, he bowed his head and let the water compact and collide against the heart-shaped scale that his race was renown for.[break][break]

And then, he pushed. One claw at a time, digging and ripping up the earth as he would scale across the battlefield, refusing to let the immense force push him aside—his water resistance showing its colors as he gritted his teeth.[break][break]

outrage broiled, keeping him from acknowledging the pain as he finally lunged to try and seal the deal—swinging with a punch that was brimming from all the power he had gathered.

; 2 perish count

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,826 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
cazadora [c]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 4:02:15 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
the HYDRO PUMP connects but it doesn't do as intended. the stubborn dragon-type stands its ground and battles the onset pressure, claws digging into the earth as it tries to crawl its way closer and closer.

politoed is in a panic but his trainer is as calm as one can be. alexander already has a pokeball in his hand and shoots a red beam out at the water-type just in time to avoid the sure-crushing blow of the OUTRAGE.

the rain stops. the chaos dies down. the battle comes to an end after five months.

"congratulations, miss cooper. that was a well-fought battle. truly impressive." 

he takes out the otella badge and approaches her.

"the badge is yours."

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
cazadora [c]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 4:05:30 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

She accepted it.[break][break]

“You made me work for it,” and somehow, that fight had felt far longer than it actually was. The Sergeant gave a firm handshake, using her spare hand to return Kapow back to the depths of his capsule. “Let's have a rematch sometime.”[break][break]

Who knew what the future would bring?

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES