Caffeine || SD
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2022 9:22:00 GMT
ryuuzaki amemiya Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidelongcredits"]
[attr="class","sidelong"]
[attr="class","bodybox"]
[attr="class","text-space icon"]

Well, isn't this a rather amusing way to use his time off? To play dress up and go mingling with a crowd of strangers to see who you click with by the end of the night. For Ryuuzaki, he's mostly here for the laughs and opportunities to build up little profiles for people he may just run into again in the future, but he guesses that he wouldn't mind indulging in a little mischief from time to time...
[break][break]
"Try not to snap at them, would ya princess?" He hums as his fingers drum on the table, his cheek gently rested within his palm as he awaits his partner. "You could use a few friends, you know?"
[break][break]
A bitter chill gnaws at his ankles.
[break][break]
"Hey, hey... I'm only speaking the truth here."

[attr="class","headerbox"]

@benicio

made by gimmick

[googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=Poppins:400,700]
[newclass=.sidelongcredits]width: min-content; margin: 30px auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongcredits>a]display: block; text-align:right; margin-top: 4px; font:700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing:.8px;text-decoration:none;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong]width: 620px; position: relative; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 50px; grid-template-areas: ' bodybox headerbox'; background: #333232; -webkit-box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.15); box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.15); --accentRGB: 203, 133, 0; --accent: #cb8500 [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .headerbox] background: linear-gradient(-180deg, rgba(var(--accentRGB), 1), rgba(var(--accentRGB), .45)); grid-area: headerbox; width: 50px; display: flex; justify-content: center; padding-top: 40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .bodybox] padding: 30px 0px 30px 30px; background: #1f1f1f; grid-area: bodybox; display: grid; grid-column-gap: 30px; grid-template-columns: auto 1fr; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .border-box] padding: 8px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space] width: 175px; height: 525px; overflow: hidden; background: lightgray; filter: brightness(1.25) contrast(.65) saturate(2); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space:hover] filter: brightness(1.35) contrast(.75) saturate(2);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space::after] content: ' '; background: #666; opacity: .25; position: absolute; width: 175px; height: 525px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space] height: 525px; overflow: auto; padding-right: 40px; margin-top: 8px; text-align: left; font: 13px/18px 'Hind'; -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; color: #8c7e7e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space.icon] height: auto; overflow: hidden; padding-right: 0; margin: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong img] padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; float: left; margin: 0 20px 10px 0; max-width: 150px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong b] font-weight: bold; font-size: 14px; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong i] font-weight: 400; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong u] text-decoration-style: dotted; text-decoration-color: var(--accent); text-decoration-thickness: 2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space br] content: ''; padding: 0 0 6px; display: block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h1] font: 700 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.8px; color: white; writing-mode: vertical-rl; font-size: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h1 a]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; color: inherit !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h2, .sidelong h3] margin: 0; font: inherit [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar] -webkit-appearance: none !important; background: transparent; width: 4px !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-horizontal] width: 4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] background: rgba(var(--accentRGB), .5) !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-track] background: #f9f9f9 !important; border: 0 !important [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Caffeine || SD
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 0:20:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The pleasant (yet not overpowering) fragrance of blood orange and cedar wafts over the table in a gentle breeze. @benicio and his SPRITZEE, DIOR, follow along not far behind it. The former offers the lad sitting there a gentle smile while the latter twirls in the air happily.

"You must be my first date," The red-head says, offering his gloved hand for a shake. "My name is Benicio. Dior and I are pleased to meet you." He takes a seat afterwards, eyeing the platter of confections on their table for a moment before a waitress comes to drop off a tea set, too. He thanks her before returning his attention to the white-haired lad.

"So tell me, who are you? And what do you do?" He asks, pouring them both a cup of tea.

💕+💼 TURN 1/4

close tab

played by

myriascope

ryuu
he/him
december 25
solaceon, sinnoh
undetermined
veterinarian
grunt
too far from home to call it quits
awards
128 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ryuuzaki
ryuuzaki amemiya
Caffeine || SD
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 10:38:44 GMT
ryuuzaki amemiya Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodybox"]

Gloves really do wonders in making someone seem a little fancier than usual... or well, maybe even encroaching a little on that tryhard territory, but he digs it.
[break][break]
"Ryuuzaki, and this princess over here is Skadi. The pleasure is all mine." He reciprocates the greeting with a quick handshake, his gaze drifting over the Glaceon as she narrows her eyes at the Spritzee. "I work as a pokevet, usually dealing with marine life at Lilycove. Take jobs from the league occcasionally..."
[break][break]
A grateful nod as he takes the cup, a thoughtful sip giving him space to breathe. As he does so, Skadi closes in on Dior, her tail flicking gracefully as she taps the ground before her.
[break][break]
"What about you? You seem like someone who has an unconventional job. Not from around here, perhaps?"

@benicio

made by gimmick

[newclass=.sidelongcredits>a]display: block; text-align:right; margin-top: 4px; font:700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing:.8px;text-decoration:none;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong]width: 620px; position: relative; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 50px; grid-template-areas: ' bodybox headerbox'; background: #333232; -webkit-box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.15); box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.15); --accentRGB: 203, 133, 0; --accent: #cb8500 [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .headerbox] background: linear-gradient(-180deg, rgba(var(--accentRGB), 1), rgba(var(--accentRGB), .45)); grid-area: headerbox; width: 50px; display: flex; justify-content: center; padding-top: 40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .bodybox] padding: 30px 0px 30px 30px; background: #1f1f1f; grid-area: bodybox; display: grid; grid-column-gap: 30px; grid-template-columns: auto 1fr; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .border-box] padding: 8px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space] width: 175px; height: 525px; overflow: hidden; background: lightgray; filter: brightness(1.25) contrast(.65) saturate(2); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space:hover] filter: brightness(1.35) contrast(.75) saturate(2);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space::after] content: ' '; background: #666; opacity: .25; position: absolute; width: 175px; height: 525px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space] height: 525px; overflow: auto; padding-right: 40px; margin-top: 8px; text-align: left; font: 13px/18px 'Hind'; -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; color: #8c7e7e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space.icon] height: auto; overflow: hidden; padding-right: 0; margin: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong img] padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; float: left; margin: 0 20px 10px 0; max-width: 150px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong b] font-weight: bold; font-size: 14px; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong u] text-decoration-style: dotted; text-decoration-color: var(--accent); text-decoration-thickness: 2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space br] content: ''; padding: 0 0 6px; display: block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h1] font: 700 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.8px; color: white; writing-mode: vertical-rl; font-size: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h1 a]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; color: inherit !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar] -webkit-appearance: none !important; background: transparent; width: 4px !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] background: rgba(var(--accentRGB), .5) !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-track] background: #f9f9f9 !important; border: 0 !important [/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Caffeine || SD
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2022 6:37:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Ahh! Skadi. What a lovely name." He coos at Ryuuzaki's partner before returning his attention to his date.

Benicio is wholly engaged in the conversation that's forming as he lifts his cup of tea and takes a sip. Dior, in the meantime, encircles the table, happy to simply spread good aromas despite the glaring Glaceon below.

"A Pokémon vet, hm? That's quite admirable!" The red-head smiles, chuckling when the lad suggests he looks like someone who has an unconventional job. "I'm a bishop and, well... an exorcist, whenever need for one arises. I'm from Alto Mare originally, though I just moved to Hoenn after years at the Sinnohian Vatican." He happily shares. "Do you practice? Religion, I mean."

Hopefully that wasn't too brunt a question into a topic some might consider inappropriate for such a setting!

Meanwhile, Dior lowers herself to take the Glaceon up on her invitation (?) and sniff noses.

💕+💼 TURN 2/4

close tab

played by

myriascope

ryuu
he/him
december 25
solaceon, sinnoh
undetermined
veterinarian
grunt
awards
128 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ryuuzaki
ryuuzaki amemiya
Caffeine || SD
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 3:18:52 GMT
ryuuzaki amemiya Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodybox"]

"Alto Mare... A beautiful place. Wish I had the time to visit it again."
[break][break]
Though he wishes to take a sip of his tea, he finds himself distracted with having to pat Skadi's head if only to keep her from attempting to freeze the Spritzee.
[break][break]
"So what exactly are you called to exorcise, if you don't mind me asking?" It's a fascinating topic that hasn't really had the chance to crop up thus far, especially when he treads not with the fervent beliefs of deities and their blessings. The supernatural has always been explained one way or another by something... relatively less supernatural, after all. "And well, I don't really practice any religion. I can appreciate the work that greater pokemon have placed into making this world, but I can't say that I'd devote myself to their cause. In some cases, the beliefs of a religion is simply made up by humans as attempts to proclaim they understand what's on a god's mind."
[break][break]
And yet, how could they? Would what humans see as important truly be the same in a legendary's eyes?
[break][break]
"I'd love to know more about why they do what they do, so I think religion would simply restrict my way of thinking when it comes to approaching something they'd consider sacred." He pauses, taking a deep breath in as Skadi warily reaches out to touch Dior. "But of course, that's just me rambling about things I'm not too involved in. You don't have to take it to heart."

@benicio

made by gimmick

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Caffeine || SD
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 5:32:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Oh! Well, spirits, of course. Though, more often than not, a Ghost-type Pokémon is behind most cases of 'exorcism' or 'hauntings'. I guess that's made me pretty adept at handling them."

Though 'Ghost-type relocator' certainly didn't ring as well as 'exorcist' did. Oh, well.

As he listens to Ryuuzaki's response to his inquiry, Benicio's warm and welcoming smile doesn't falter. The energy he exudes is akin to that of a really hip youth pastor. The fact that he'd actually been one might have had something to do with that.

"Oh, I see! No need to worry, however, I certainly don't take offense to it. In fact, I think it's beautiful to see more and more people with such beliefs each day. If anything, an open mind and an open heart leads the individual to finding the answers they need in the end. And it isn't always the same."

Meanwhile, Dior dares to remain still as she watches the Glaceon reach out with its paw. Then she flinches slightly when she's booped... and chirps out, relieved.

💕+💼 TURN 3/4

close tab

played by

myriascope

ryuu
he/him
december 25
solaceon, sinnoh
undetermined
veterinarian
grunt
awards
128 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ryuuzaki
ryuuzaki amemiya
Caffeine || SD
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 6:25:38 GMT
ryuuzaki amemiya Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodybox"]

Spirits is a very vague way of describing it. Human spirits? He knows of pokemon that are essentially objects possessed by human spirits, so perhaps they can simply exist without combining with a corporeal object. Still, he's glad that Benicio doesn't take offense to his commentary, relaxing just a little as Skadi seems more than content with having Dior flinch at her touch.
[break][break]
"That said, I would love to know more about the religion you practice though." As he hums, Ryuuzaki reaches into his side pouch and pulls out a sweet poffin for Dior to take. "Perhaps, I could visit your office or sanctuary someday?"

@benicio

made by gimmick

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Caffeine || SD
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 19:30:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Benicio gently smiles. "That sounds lovely. I'm staying with a parish in Lilycove City. The Duomo Santa Maria. Visitors are always welcome."

Suddenly, the timer at the center of their table blares. Their time is up. Benicio offers a handshake good-bye and all the usual niceties of a farewell before departing. Dior bids her farewell with a cheer, and a gentle whirl of fragrance around the table.

💕+💼 TURN 4/4

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,561 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Caffeine || SD
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2022 5:30:28 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay