TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
KATEV [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2022 18:39:41 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","top"]

’you’re going to have fun, and it’s good publicity. Besides, the dates are quick. You’ll be there for an hour tops!’
[break][break]
If it wasn’t for all the good advice that her assistant had given her, Katherine would have sworn this to be the last time that she heeds Violet’s advice. Alas, she’d proven her competency time and time again.
[break][break]
And so, Kat finds herself in this strange environment, searching for the table her name tag was left on. She claims a seat eventually, but not before retrieving her phone to check the time, ensuring that she wasn’t early.
[break][break]
Her date wasn’t late, was he?

[attr="class","ooc"] @lev [break]

[attr="class","pkmnparty"]

[newclass=".katherine"]--accent:#963030; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote"]width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:13px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote b, .katherine blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .katherine blockquote b { font:13px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote img"]filter:grayscale(1%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine blockquote img:hover { transition:0.6s all; filter:none [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:480px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; border-top:1px solid; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .pkmnparty"]margin-top:-20px; text-align:center; } .katherine .pkmnparty img { filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine .pkmnparty img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.6s all; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
KATEV [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 18:31:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Okay, he was, admittedly, a few minutes late.

But the set of tea on the table wasn't exactly to his tastes. So the pirate had taken some time to visit the bar at the end of the ballroom for a moment instead. His SHINY CLEFABLE, LUNALEA, followed dutifully in tow.

When @lev finally sauntered onto the scene with his Pokémon partner, it was with a strawberry margarita in each hand and a devilish smirk on his countenance. Blue eyes sparkle at the sight of his date.

"Ahh... hello there." He coos, setting one of the margaritas in front of her before gesturing to it with a hand. "A libation to ease the spirits." Smoothly, he steps back before dropping into his chair.

Not a single drop of the pastel red margarita in his hand goes spilt as he settles in, crossing one leg over the other and hanging one arm off the back of his seat.

"Name's @lev . What's yours, dearie?" He asks, eyes narrowed admiringly on the woman sitting before him. His Clefable peeked out from behind her trainer, too, gawking at the beautiful woman for a moment before dipping back again.

💕 TURN 1/4
SPEED DATE +

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
KATEV [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2022 0:56:43 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

“You’re late.”
[break][break]
The drink doesn’t impress her as much as it would have if Alevander had been here at the correct time. If first dates are all about leaving a good impression, then quick first dates have an even bigger emphasis on such a goal. Running late is no different than showing up with a sign that says ‘my time is more important than yours’.
[break][break]
Evidently, Katherine doesn’t share the same sentiment. Maybe she even believes it to be the opposite.
[break][break]
“It’s Katherine,” reluctantly, she answers. ”I think we only have a minute or two left, by the way.” Perhaps that was his goal, perhaps it wasn’t. Either way, why did she even care? It’s not like she wanted to be here.
[break][break]
”... Are you a tourist or something? It kinda feels like you’re still new to Hoenn, Alevander.”
[break][break]
She’s vain enough to accuse him of being a foreigner strictly since he didn’t recognize her.

[newclass=".katherine blockquote"]width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:13px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote b, .katherine blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .katherine blockquote b { font:13px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote img"]filter:grayscale(1%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine blockquote img:hover { transition:0.6s all; filter:none [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:480px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; border-top:1px solid; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .pkmnparty"]margin-top:-20px; text-align:center; } .katherine .pkmnparty img { filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine .pkmnparty img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.6s all; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
KATEV [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2022 7:02:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alevander was, and always had been, a pleasure-seeker. Though a gifted astronomer and navigator in his own right, he didn't live his life according to the rules or expectations set upon him by others. Tardiness wasn't something he went out of his way to do, of course, but it was nothing that couldn't be fixed without a kind gesture and a drink... right?

Maybe not in her case. But it was nothing that dissuaded him from trying to have a nice two minute chat anyway.

"Katherine." He reiterates, approval in his eyes as he pauses to sip from his margarita. He'd never known a Katherine before. She seemed a little strict.

Between one sentence and the next, a glittering MOONLIGHT begins to gently emanate around them. Alevander takes a second to look over his shoulder and regard his Clefable with a smirk. Though his attention returns wholly to Katherine as she asks what his deal is.

"Something like that," He responds, gently stirring the glass in his hands with the two fingers it's propped on. "I spend most of my time out at sea. Though I've stayed docked in Hoenn for longer as of recent due to... unforeseen circumstances. Truth be told, events such as these are a delight for travelers like me."

He pauses when the cogs in his mind continue to turn, however, and eyes narrow to signal realization before he continues. "... Why? Am I missing something here, Katherine? Do tell." He smiles.

💕 TURN 2/4
SPEED DATE +

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
KATEV [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 4:04:20 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Katherine was strict.
[break][break]
In all matters involving herself. Everything else didn’t require as much effort or seriousness, but she did. She deserved it. Nothing more, nothing less.
[break][break]
“Are they really? I find this to be quite underwhelming.” Between the only average drinks, a late date and having to do this out of an obligation, she wasn’t very impressed. It’s fair to assume that she wasn’t easily impressed either— but that shouldn’t be an excuse really.
[break][break]
“Oh, you did. You missed a lot.”
[break][break]
He missed her. The most important person in the room. She wasn’t very objective, was she?
[break][break]
”But it’d be rude of me to sour your great mood. After all, we both have plenty of other dates to go through, no?”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
KATEV [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 4:49:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Ahh... she didn't want to be here. And he certainly hadn't helped matters much either with his entrance, had he?

How unfortunate.

A handful of dud match-ups were to be expected in engagements such as these. Even stunning beauty meant little when someone couldn't let their hair down and have a bit of fun. With too little time to salvage what was left of this one, Alevander cut the MOONLIGHT dripping down over them with a half-hearted flick of his wrist.

"Mmm, that's what the alcohol is for, of course." He cheerily remarks, raising his glass to the woman before imbibing of his sweet libation once more. After savoring the taste and taking a moment to scan the room, he eventually sets his one good eye back onto her.

"I do apologize if I offended you, though. I hope you find whatever you're looking for here... even if it's a quick exit." He chuckles, gently rocking the foot that rests against his knee. Tick, tick, tick.

💕 TURN 3/4
SPEED DATE +

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
KATEV [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2022 0:31:45 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

“Hrm, yeah. I hope I find it too.”
[break][break]
She absolutely did look for a quick exit— but so what? The rules of this matchmaking event didn’t specify that the participants need to come bearing smiles and good intentions. In fact, the rules didn’t even demand of them to show up on time.
[break][break]
”Don’t worry about it. I hope you find someone who’ll make you stick around for a bit, sailor. Someone worth showing up on time for.” A subtle tease never hurt anyone before, has it? And on the off chance that it did, Katherine rises from the seat she’d claimed for herself to search for her next date. The drink Alevander was kind enough to bring her is forgotten about, she leaves it on the table for the next pair to find.
[break][break]
"Good luck with your next date."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
KATEV [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2022 5:39:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alevander smiles, appreciating the tease for what it is as he watches her rise from her seat. "I'm sure I will." Meanwhile, the Clefable behind him waves the lovely lady goodbye, though she's ultimately ignored.

"Likewise. Au revoir, Kathe-reene!"

He bids her goodbye with a wave, bouncing up from his seat after she disappears in the crowd. Then, after chugging down the last of his margarita, he sets the empty glass down before lifting the drink he'd brought her. It isn't abandoned after all as he moves to his next date, walking as if he's floating on air.

💕 TURN 4/4
SPEED DATE +

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,898 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
KATEV [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2022 5:33:47 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times