part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
Surely the World's Best Date
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 3:33:44 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

It had been ages since Klaus had been on a date; signing up for speed dating had been a whim, one he was deeply regretting given his present nerves. Why had he done this? Klaus was terrible with people despite his best efforts. Not helping his predicament was the card in his hands stating the name of his date: Kazimir Wynter.
[break][break]
The rumbling cry of his Dhelmise draws Klaus from his misery, causing the man to take a deep breath to steady his nerves. He could do this. He could. Klaus tucks away the card and does his best not to fidget at the table, though his bouncing leg betrays his anxiety.
[break][break]
"Hi, I'm Klaus. It's nice to meet you," he practices under this breath, followed by several iterations of the same greeting all at various pitches and speeds.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#73A6A9;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2022 3:29:58 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","pokkenger"]

kazimir wore a smile on his face as bright as the day as he found himself at a table waiting for his "date" to arrive. he remembered the last time he was doing this sort of speed dating thing and while he's found a few guys before from it nothing really ever came out of it. in fact some of the folks that managed to lure him towards him probably never even did this sort of thing, nor did they know that kaz was probably pining for them on some level. the more he thought about them and remembered them...the more he felt his heart sink deeper into his chest.

maybe it was time for less pining and more fishing himself.

"nice to meet ya!" he waves down at who comes up to his table, it wasn't hard to miss what with the large buzzwole sitting right behind him sipping out of an entire teapot instead of a tea cup with his long stinger as his trainer was busy with his "date", "name's kazimir. hope today's been treating ya well klaus. ya kinda look like you've seen a gh-" he notices the dhelsime behind him and waves to the ghost type pokemon, "like ya've seen a ghost or something that wrecked your nerves."

[newclass=.pokkenger] [/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b] color: #18d13f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger i] color: #18d13f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #18d13f;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

He/Him/His
June 12th
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Lighthouse Keeper
Grunt
Shut up and be happy
it's all in your head
5'10" / 177.8cm height
5'10" / 177.8cm height
You will find no hidden agendas in the sea's desire to swallow you whole
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 1:04:43 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Klaus's attention jerks up to his date at the greeting, his magenta-rose eyes impossibly wide as he takes in the sight of the figure before him. His words catching in his throat to come out as a strangled squeak, Klaus sputters out a cough and then forces his hand out, introducing himself with a tight, "Klaus."
[break][break]
A flighty laugh spills from the young man's lips at the joke, and with a somewhat unhinged smile despite his best efforts, Klaus wipes his palms on his pant legs and then extends one in greeting. "You're so big, do you work out," Klaus asks before an awkward look overcomes him, and he trips over himself to correct, "I mean, I'm sure you do. Of course you do."
[break][break]
Trying an about face, Klaus instead switches to, "What's your pokemon," in a somewhat helpless tone, clearly floundering with the conversation.

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 5:32:05 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

it probably wasn't the response klaus was looking for but his question couldn't help but get a chuckle out of kazimir. "nah nah its fine. i kinda get those kind of questions and comments more often than ya think. it ain't hard to see why." he brings out his arm to flex it as his bicep bulges before the question is changed to something else. "well, would you believe me if i said he was kind of my personal trainer? ain't that right?"

the buzzwole rises from its seat mimicking his trainer as it raises its arm to flex, the bicep even bigger than kazimir's by a large margin. in fact it wouldn't take much less of a glance to see that it was bigger than the blonde in every way possible. "they call it buzzwole. i think you can kinda see why. got him...out of the region. traveling has its perks, you travel often klaus?"

[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #18d13f;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

He/Him/His
June 12th
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Lighthouse Keeper
Grunt
Shut up and be happy
it's all in your head
5'10" / 177.8cm height
5'10" / 177.8cm height
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2022 3:31:52 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

His face a brilliant scarlet as he stares up at Kazimir, Klaus nods absently along as the man speaks, his gaze unsubtly landing on Kazimir's biceps when he flexes. "Yeah," he murmurs feebly before coughing and rubbing at the back of his neck when he catches back up with the conversation. "Your pokemon trains you? That's..." His voice trails off until he settles on, "Interesting." Wholly awkwardly, he tacks on, "Looks like it's working," before he seems to realise his words and swiftly glances away.
[break][break]
"I - some. I went to Kalos for a semester in college, and I've been around Hoenn. I've got family all over," Klaus chokes out, his throat clearing before he tries to speak again. "Not as much lately. Work. I work at a Lighthouse. The Lilycove one. We usually work for six weeks and then two off, but it always depends, you know? Cause of the weather."
[break][break]
Making a flighty little motion of his hand Klaus manages to ask, "Do you travel often?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 6:56:17 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

"oooh lighthouse. at least your always close to the sea. hear lilycove got some nice tidepools. or was it dunes? haven't been there for a while." he smiles as his buzzwole sits back down to sip its drink. "and me? travel. i mean if you count going around the region collecting gym badges i guess that counts. it counts right?" his question is spiced with a bit of chuckling as he relaxes and leans back in his chair, his muscles deflating ever so slightly as he does. "well...i was born in kanto, spent a few years before the family took me back to galar to finish up rearing me in. when i was twenty i headed here and been here ever since. i guess that counts right?" it probably didn't but to each their own.

"so like...what do you do exactly at this lighthouse? just kind of...turn on a really huge light swtich or something?"

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

He/Him/His
June 12th
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Lighthouse Keeper
Grunt
Shut up and be happy
it's all in your head
5'10" / 177.8cm height
5'10" / 177.8cm height
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2022 3:25:52 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Klaus nods absently at the mention of the sea, his mouth quirking into a half-smile as he muses, "Yeah, that's true." Followed by, "Tide pools. They are nice."
[break][break]
"It's close enough," Klaus then laughs out about the other's 'travels'. At the mention of Kazimir's home Region, however, he tilts his head faintly to the side and a soft, "Ah," sounds from his throat. "Sure," comes the simple reply. "Just because it wasn't a vacation doesn't mean it doesn't count."
[break][break]
The question about his work, however, elicits an entirely different response. Klaus's face blanks for a bare second, his eyes blinking rapidly as he parses the suggestion that he spends his time flipping a switch. The young man's head throws back as he laughs, delighted at the suggestion before his hands move animatedly and he says with more confidence than he's had the entire meeting, "So it depends on the lighthouse, right? The one in Lilycove is pretty modern by most standards, it's electrically run for the most part."
[break][break]
His mouth opening to continue, Klaus pauses as he notices the time, his eyes widening as he realizes his impending lecture is about to be cut short. "Here," he mutters, a pen pulled from his pocket and the name-card he was given used to scribble his number on. "I'll tell you more later."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2022 17:31:37 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

"so what you flip like a switch or just hit 'yes' on a computer or-?" his interest was piqued a little bit as kazimir didn't really have the know how of how a lighthouse even works but it seemed like their little talk was cut short. as he was handed a card with klaus' name on it kaz gave the man a smile and a nod as he looked around the table and found a pen and took a napkin from it to scribble down his own name and number. it was only nice that he did the same as he handed the scribbled piece of paper to klaus, "and here's mine. hey maybe sometime when i'm in town you can give the tour of your workplace. always wanted to see the sight of the beach and sea from top of one."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 6:29:03 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS