thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,889 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
utopia [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 16:31:20 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
The contest hall smells sweet, like flowers, and Gavin's thoughts drift to his partner and too many bouquets of blue and white. The smile that touches his lips is distant but fond, chin resting on his hand as he gazes across the hall, looking without seeing.

Movement in the corner of his eye draws his attention from whatever he'd not been looking at, and he gives his first partner an appraising glance. Younger than him, pretty, makes him think soft. He could be wrong, though.

"Hello." A Galarian accent floods his tone in earnest; Thomas Finnegan, the alias he'd assumed in public, proudly hailed from his homeland. It made it easier to pretend. "Finn. You are...?"

He holds out a hand, should she wish to shake.

close tab

played by

LAIKA BOSS

Gigi
She/Her
January 1st
Snowbelle, Kalos
Unknown
Pokemon Breeder
Ex-Gym Leader
Be kind to yourself
Even though it gets hard
5' 3" / 160 CM height
5' 3" / 160 CM height
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep
awards
306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mudlark
Georgette Bluebottle
utopia [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2022 4:12:18 GMT
Georgette Bluebottle Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Niramit:400,400i,700][googlefont=Dosis:300]

[newclass=".punkisavelight"]background: #ffffff; width: 450px; margin: auto; border-right: 40px solid #DBDCE6;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightimage"]background: url('https://i.imgur.com/4XK687X.jpg'); height: 200px; background-position: center; background-size: cover; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightlyrics"]height: 40px; padding: 15px 0; text-align: center; background: #A3A9C0; font-family: 'Dosis'; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 20px; line-height: 20px; font-weight: 300; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttopslant"]float: left; width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 3px solid transparent; border-left: 450px solid #A3A9C0; margin-top: -18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightbottomslant"]width: 0; height: 0; float: right; border-bottom: 3px solid transparent; border-right: 450px solid #A3A9C0; margin-top: 15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightsecondarylyrics"]height: 30px; line-height: 30px; background: #A3A9C0; text-align: center; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-size: 12px; font-family: 'Niramit';[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelighttags"]display: inline-block; float: left; margin-left: -200px; margin-top: 145px; width: 120px; height: 30px; background: #ffffff; transition: 0.5s; text-align: right; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 11px; color: #989EB3; text-transform: uppercase; line-height: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags a"]font-size: inherit !important; font-family: inherit !important; transition: 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags a:hover"]color: #8D92A6 !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags div"]width: 80px; height: 30px; float: right; background: linear-gradient(to right,#ffffff,transparent); margin-right: -80px; margin-left: -50px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelight:hover .punkisavelighttags"]margin-left: 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightseparator"]margin: 25px 15px; margin-bottom: 0px; height: 1px; background: linear-gradient(to right,transparent,#CFD4E6,transparent); text-align: center; line-height: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightseparator div"]display: inline-block; padding: 0 10px; background: #ffffff; line-height: 10px; height: 10px; font-size: 10px; font-family: calibri; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #989EB3; text-transform: uppercase; position: relative; top: -5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelighttext"]padding: 25px; padding-top: 10px; font-size: 10px; line-height: 16px; font-family: verdana; color: #83889A; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttext b"]color: #7D87A6; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttext i"]color: #989EB3; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit"]width: 490px; text-align: right; line-height: 15px; font-size: 12px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #6e6e6e; font-family: 'Niramit'; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit a"]font-weight: bold; color: #7D87A6; transition: 0.3s; font-family: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit a:hover"]color: #989EB3;[/newclass]

[attr=class,punkisavelight]
[attr=class,punkisavelightimage]
[attr=class,punkisavelighttags]

[attr=class,punkisavelightlyrics]
[attr=class,punkisavelighttopslant]

strength may fail[break]
the eyes grow dim
[attr=class,punkisavelightbottomslant]
[attr=class,punkisavelightseparator]

0233 words
[attr=class,punkisavelighttext]

Georgette made a point of arriving early - this could be an invaluable opportunity to learn of other entrepreneurs in the Region while making necessary connections to ensure her own venture did not fail. Thus, upon entering the Contest Hall, she found the appropriate table and made herself comfortable in one of the provided plush chairs; hovering nearby is her Froslass, the ghostly pokemon significantly reducing the ambient temperature of the area with her presence.
[break][break]
As her match arrives Georgette stands, her hands moving to idly straighten the skirt of her dress while a warm smile touches her expression at the sight of the man. Her own voice rises to greet in turn, her heavy Kalosian accent immediately evident, "Hello, Finn, it is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Georgette Bluebottle." Her hand extends to take Finn's and shake it firmly, the faint callouses from a lifetime of farm-work a stark contrast to her airy white curls and seemingly gentle demeanour. With a tip of her head, she introduces her Froslass as well with, "And this is Alouette! I am sure she is pleased to meet you as well."
[break][break]
"I am an ice-type trainer and breeder. What is your..." Georgette pauses, her brow furrowed for a moment as she searches for the appropriate word to eventually settle for, "business?"

[attr=class,punkisavelightsecondarylyrics]

but the heart shall ever last
[attr=class,punkisavelightcredit]template by punki
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,889 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
utopia [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2022 4:19:25 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Soft, but not pampered, he decides as he takes her hand in his own firm grip and shakes. Curt, all business, like he's done this hundreds of times before. His expression is warmer than his grip.

"Allouette," he repeats, frowning thoughtfully. "Lark?"

His Kalosian is a little rusty; he'd studied language in college, but that felt like centuries ago.

"That's Niamh," he says of Lucario, and translates, "Radiant."

The Lucario twitches her ears.

"I'm partial to ice-types myself. I'm a scientist — paleontology." He studied fossils and revived them, too, where he was able. "Are you new to Hoenn as well?"

Gavin wasn't; he'd been here for years. Finn, however, was fresh from across the pond.

close tab

played by

LAIKA BOSS

Gigi
She/Her
January 1st
Snowbelle, Kalos
Unknown
Pokemon Breeder
Ex-Gym Leader
Be kind to yourself
Even though it gets hard
5' 3" / 160 CM height
5' 3" / 160 CM height
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep
awards
306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mudlark
Georgette Bluebottle
utopia [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2022 4:52:33 GMT
[nospaces]

[newclass=".punkisavelight"]background: #ffffff; width: 450px; margin: auto; border-right: 40px solid #DBDCE6;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightimage"]background: url('https://i.imgur.com/4XK687X.jpg'); height: 200px; background-position: center; background-size: cover; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightlyrics"]height: 40px; padding: 15px 0; text-align: center; background: #A3A9C0; font-family: 'Dosis'; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 20px; line-height: 20px; font-weight: 300; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttopslant"]float: left; width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 3px solid transparent; border-left: 450px solid #A3A9C0; margin-top: -18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightbottomslant"]width: 0; height: 0; float: right; border-bottom: 3px solid transparent; border-right: 450px solid #A3A9C0; margin-top: 15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightsecondarylyrics"]height: 30px; line-height: 30px; background: #A3A9C0; text-align: center; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-size: 12px; font-family: 'Niramit';[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelighttags"]display: inline-block; float: left; margin-left: -200px; margin-top: 145px; width: 120px; height: 30px; background: #ffffff; transition: 0.5s; text-align: right; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 11px; color: #989EB3; text-transform: uppercase; line-height: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags a"]font-size: inherit !important; font-family: inherit !important; transition: 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags div"]width: 80px; height: 30px; float: right; background: linear-gradient(to right,#ffffff,transparent); margin-right: -80px; margin-left: -50px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelight:hover .punkisavelighttags"]margin-left: 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightseparator"]margin: 25px 15px; margin-bottom: 0px; height: 1px; background: linear-gradient(to right,transparent,#CFD4E6,transparent); text-align: center; line-height: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightseparator div"]display: inline-block; padding: 0 10px; background: #ffffff; line-height: 10px; height: 10px; font-size: 10px; font-family: calibri; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #989EB3; text-transform: uppercase; position: relative; top: -5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelighttext"]padding: 25px; padding-top: 10px; font-size: 10px; line-height: 16px; font-family: verdana; color: #83889A; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttext b"]color: #7D87A6; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttext i"]color: #989EB3; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit"]width: 490px; text-align: right; line-height: 15px; font-size: 12px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #6e6e6e; font-family: 'Niramit'; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit a"]font-weight: bold; color: #7D87A6; transition: 0.3s; font-family: inherit;[/newclass]

strength may fail[break]
the eyes grow dim

0126 words

As she releases Gavin's hand, Georgette's expression brightens at her partner's apparent knowledge of Kalosian. "Yes, Lark," she confirms. Her gaze flits to the Lucario as she's introduced, her voice lowering to nonetheless greet the pokemon with a soft, "Hello, Naimh."
[break][break]
Turning her attention back to Gavin, curiosity colours her expression at the news he is a scientist. "Palaeontology," Georgette repeats, stumbling over the word, though nonetheless managing to get it out. "That is... Bones?" Hazards the woman, her head cocking to the side.
[break][break]
She then gives a nod of confirmation, a quiet laugh spilling from her lips. Making an absent motion to her throat Georgette suggests, "It must be obvious, no? I moved here a month ago. You are new too?"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,889 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
utopia [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2022 5:02:48 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin nods as if to affirm the pronunciation.

"Bones," he confirms. "Fossils, in my case. I study them, restore them if I can."

But he's not sure how interesting that might be to Georgette, so he spares her further ramblings after his work is explained. His 'day job', at least; it's a damn good thing she didn't know what else he got up to.

"I am," he says, "though I've been here a few months now. What brings a breeder to Hoenn? I'd imagine you get the same results as anywhere else?"

He has no idea how it works, aside from the obvious.

close tab

played by

LAIKA BOSS

Gigi
She/Her
January 1st
Snowbelle, Kalos
Unknown
Pokemon Breeder
Ex-Gym Leader
Be kind to yourself
Even though it gets hard
5' 3" / 160 CM height
5' 3" / 160 CM height
awards
306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mudlark
Georgette Bluebottle
utopia [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 4:26:40 GMT
[nospaces]

strength may fail[break]
the eyes grow dim

0123 words

Nodding in acknowledgement of the explanation, Georgette soon purses her lip at the question poised. Allowing her head to tilt to the side in thought, she makes an absent little motion with her hands as she explains, "I could have, yes. But I wanted to see outside of Kalos." A laugh spills from her lips as she smiles, her blue-green eyes bright and warm. "I hoped the Region could use a good Ice-type breeder and sightsee while I was at it, no?"
[break][break]
"I also wanted to try the Contest circuit here," she adds thoughtfully.
[break][break]
Her brow furrowing as she searches for the words, Georgette then asks in clarification, "Are you working with the Museum, or do you live here fulltime now?"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,889 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
utopia [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 6:45:12 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin nods his understanding. He, too, had once thought to see the world outside of Galar. If only he hadn't chosen Kanto as the place to run, how different might his life have gone? A fleeting thought, and one quickly dismissed.

"Not a lot of ice-types in Hoenn on account of the climate," he admits, "but you'll want to see Shoal Cave, to the northeast near Mossdeep. That's where they tend to congregate." Knowing that he might seem suspiciously knowledgeable for someone so new to Hoenn, he smiles. "There's a lot of good fossils to be found if you go deep enough, so I've been there a few times."

Gavin lies easily, nibbling the corner of some sweet dessert. Too sweet, for his taste.

"I don't have much experience with contests, sadly."

Contests make him think of the Tree of Life that had sprung up beneath Littleroot and nearly killed him. It's not a fond memory.

"Full time, as an independent contractor," he clarifies. "I don't like institutions getting all the credit for my work."

He flashes an easy smile, then glances around as the bell rings. So soon?

"Well, it was lovely to meet you, Georgette."

close tab

played by

LAIKA BOSS

Gigi
She/Her
January 1st
Snowbelle, Kalos
Unknown
Pokemon Breeder
Ex-Gym Leader
Be kind to yourself
Even though it gets hard
5' 3" / 160 CM height
5' 3" / 160 CM height
awards
306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mudlark
Georgette Bluebottle
utopia [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 23:34:44 GMT
[nospaces]

strength may fail[break]
the eyes grow dim

0165 words

"So I have discovered," Georgette laughs out in regards to the scarcity of Ice-type trainers in the Region. She then gives a nod at his suggestion of visiting Shoal Cave, her expression warm as she confirms, "I have been there a few times already. I made a map, for all the good that has done." Her blue-green eyes sparkling, Georgette adds, "Everything shifts so much with the ice, I am sure you know."
[break][break]
"You must be busy," she then muses, her head once more cocking to the side when the bell rings. Blinking once as she realises time has flown, Georgette extends her hand to shake Gavin's, replying in turn, "It was lovely to meet you too, Finn. If I should ever require a fossil revived I know how to call now, no?"
[break][break]
"I hope the remainder of your meetings today are pleasant."
[break][break]
She then releases Gavin's hand and turns to her Froslass, the pair leaving together for their next appointment.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,982 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
utopia [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 23:52:10 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS