thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
past and future [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2022 14:57:58 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
So this is him.

Gavin appraises with new eyes. They've met, before, when Gavin was Patrick and running through the gym circuit. But he'd not cared, then, about the man behind the position. He'd only been a face giving out a badge.

Now, though?

This was 's ex-boyfriend. The one he'd been serious about before Rocket.

It's not jealousy he feels — their relationship is fine — but curiosity. His smile is easy and entirely false as he offers a hand.

"Finn. You're Ivanov, the gym leader. Heard about you. Mind if I call you Alexei?"

He sits back from where he'd leaned across the table to shake hands.

"How's your night?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
past and future [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2022 18:01:42 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Sometimes he forgets that his own reputation precedes him.

Being a Gym Leader’s part of his job, after all… well, that and being the Sanctuary owner!

After that entertaining encounter with , he hoped that his next one would be just as interesting—and of course there went his Wooloo, acting like a complete and total idiot once again.

Making the derpiest bleating noises as he chased the ball of fluff around…

“Will, I swear if you crash into anyone I’m going to tell Smokey on you!” he exclaimed as the Wooloo rolled towards the next table—and very nearly crashed into a rather… dour-looking Lucario.

With a singular ‘eep’, the Wooloo rolled back towards where he was finally catching up to the rambunctious Pokémon, before he looked down and gave Will his own version of the ‘stink-eye’.

“Gah, I’m really sorry if my companion Pokémon almost did something stupid!” he apologized as he took the seat across the other man and shook their hand in the process.

Oh, William was going to get it later

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
past and future [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2022 19:49:01 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
As Alexei's Wooloo nearly crashes headlong into Niamh, the stoic Lucario growls with lips pulled back from teeth. A stern warning, silenced prematurely by her master as Gavin lifts a hand. The jackal gives him a sharp look, then relents.

"She can handle herself," he assures the gym leader, flicking his wrist dismissively before dropping his hand back to his lap. Niamh looks the part of stern bodyguard as she resumes her post behind Gavin's chair, arms folded and eyes narrow.

"Has the entirety of your night been this chaotic, or am I the lucky one?"

He flashes sharp canines in a brief smile.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
past and future [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2022 20:35:51 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“So far, thankfully not so much. Will’s just a… really excitable companion,” he continued with another sheepish grin on his face.

Meanwhile, down where the Wooloo was—

He looked over at the Lucario, but was pretty sure this wasn’t Vincent—for one thing the aura he could pick up from the jackal Pokémon was fierce. Vincent, on the other hand was constantly exasperated and therefore wasn’t as grouchy as the one he’d nearly bumped into.

“Will, please stop embarrassing me,” he continued as he then reached down to pick up the Wooloo and hang onto him just in case the little shit disturber decided to make a break for it.

“How about you, how’s your evening been so far?” he returned the inquiry.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
past and future [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2022 22:16:05 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Fair 'nough."

Soft. That's his assessment of the gym leader, thus far. Soft and sweet and devoid of any of Gavin's passionate heat. They could not be more different; one had only to look between their Pokémon to figure that out.

Is that what he'd prefer? Soft?

Doubt wraps tendrils around his chest, squeezes.

Don't be stupid, he chides himself. He can't keep his hands off me.

"Uneventful," he replies smoothly, with no hint toward the turmoil within, "though I did have a lovely chat with a bloke called Memo. M'not here for hook-ups, I don't mean like that, he's just a nice guy."

A sweeping glance around the hall, and he gestures with a hand when he spots .

"Already got a partner. He's here, too." But he does not point out among the tables; it would be rude to rub Alexei's nose in it. "So I'm just here for some networking. New to the region an' all. What brings a gym leader to a thing like this?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
past and future [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2022 16:16:59 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Well that’s interesting, I also came from a recent conversation with the same person,” he remarked, tilting his head in the same direction where the other had spotted the fellow Wooloo appreciator.

Speaking of which, he should really invite the other man over some time so he would see in person the insanity that were his other Wooloos…

Either way, he chuckled a bit as he reached for a macaron.

“About pretty much the same, looking around to meet new people outside of the Gym proper. Personal and business should be kept separate, wouldn’t you agree.”

He wondered where the bluenette was, now. Probably busy digging himself into a hole somewhere with Scoria… but it was odd, really, not having sent a message, or even a ‘hey, I’m still here and haven’t been accidentally buried alive’ message.

But then again, that was how @mattis was when he got invested in any kind of digging activity…

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
past and future [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2022 16:40:55 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
He's moved on as well, then. Good.

Gavin trusted his lover implicitly but there was nothing like an ex-lover coming back into the picture wanting to rekindle an old flame. Something like guilt curdles in the pit of his stomach and he takes a swig of champagne as if to bury it.

"Wouldn't know, m'not a gym leader." He lifts his shoulders in a shrug and nibbles at the edge of a macaron, making a face. It's a little too sweet for his tastes, some sort of vanilla bean. "I hunt fossils and I don't really care if my friends are into the same, y'know? Most aren't. It's not the most popular profession."

They didn't get called ruin maniacs for nothing.

"Good you're striking a balance, though."

A bell dings.

"They really give you no time with these things. Off we go, then." He offers a last, quick smile and turns on his heel to go find his next partner for the night.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
past and future [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2022 16:47:49 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Thank the hell the naughty little Wooloo in his lap had sobered up.

Well, who wouldn’t sober up after the sight of a stern-looking Lucario had nearly scared him shitless?! Either way, the ovine Pokémon let out a little bleating noise right as the bell went off.

“They really put the ‘speed’ in all of this,” he agreed with another chuckle as he grabbed another couple macarons for the road, something to nibble on before he was assigned his next partner for the event.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
past and future [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 6:31:37 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS