Dr. Kano
She/Her
Sinnoh
Pansexual
Scientist
Grunt
22 height
22 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
110 posts
Kano Iyona DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kano
Kano Iyona
KaNotes #1 - Hisuian Braviary
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2022 12:59:42 GMT
Kano Iyona Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nikki98"]
[attr="class","nikki99"]
[break]
THERE'S FEAR IN THE EYES
[break]
[attr="class","nikki100"]
[attr="class","nikki101"]HAVE NO FEAR OF PERFECTION
[break]
[attr="class","nikki102"]YOU WILL NEVER REACH IT
[break]
[attr="class","nikki109"]

Sitting on the top of her newly acquired form of Voltorb from that peculiar space distortion that happened within the Petalburg Woods, Kano has been pondering on the significance of it but her main focus as a scientist doesn't lay upon the space distortion itself but the new species that she put an eye on. An observation and cataloging of those newly found species are needed, the weight difference, height difference, the typing difference, and many more. From those data then Kano can analyze it further or just store it for further inspection. Kano decides to call for volunteers for the Rocket people who venture to those space distortion and acquire new pokemon or new moves. [break][break]

It doesn't take her a long time to wait as a volunteer decides to pop in and lend a hand to cooperate with her report and research. The volunteer is none other than Mars with his newly acquired form of Braviary. [break][break]

"Greetings and welcome, make yourself comfortable"

[break]
[attr="class","nikki103"]
[attr="class","nikki103"]MUSIC
[break]
NOTES
notes here, i guess?
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.nikki99]width:500px;height:250px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki98:hover .nikki101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki98:hover .nikki102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a8354a;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki103 a]color:#333333!important;font:8px Helvetica;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki109 font]font:bold 10px Helvetica;color:#a8354a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki109 b]font:bold 10px Helvetica;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Montserrat:400,700]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2022 14:20:06 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Space and time.
[break][break]
Time and space.
[break][break]
Is that why he had felt an urge to step into the distortion when he had encountered it? Because such things have been so prevalent in his life as of late? It’s a ridiculous notion, a foolish idea that could have had disastrous consequences, and yet, Mars is self-aware enough to know that it’s no lie at all.
[break][break]
In the end, what he found there made it worth all the risk, and next time he encounters one of those distortions he’ll be well aware of the dangers that await him.
[break][break]
For now, what matters more is learning about this new bird of his…
[break][break]
”Hey, Iyona.” There’s a certain familiarity when he greets the scientist, common interest having led him to answer her request for Rocket members to volunteer their “distortion pokémon” to be studied. Still, an eyebrow is raised when seeing the pokémon beneath her; a Voltorb made of wood. Interesting. ”Cool Voltorb. Grass type?”
[break][break]
He takes a seat then, bringing out the Luxury Ball within which rests a Braviary unlike any he’s ever seen. The Pokémon that saved him.
[break][break]
”Should I just call it out, then? Oh, by the way, when I was in the distortion I encountered the pokémon that attacked us in the bamboo forest in the Tree of Life… I wonder if they’re connected to that place.”
[break][break]
Good thing he encountered one of those and not a gargantuan Seviper. Boreas would have had a much harder time saving him from that.
[break][break]

[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtpokes"]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #60a697!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

bunny

Dr. Kano
She/Her
Sinnoh
Pansexual
Scientist
Grunt
22 height
22 height
awards
110 posts
Kano Iyona DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kano
Kano Iyona
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2022 15:25:14 GMT
Kano Iyona Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nikki98"]
[attr="class","nikki99"]
[break]
THERE'S FEAR IN THE EYES
[break]
[break]
[break]

Hidden beneath her masks, she raised her eyebrows complimenting silently. "That Pokemon with a cleaver as their hand? That would be the most logical explanation then" Kano completely ignores Mars guess and proceed to signal him to let out the Pokemon for her to observe. Once he let out the Pokemon, from the appearance alone Kano was able to tell the difference between this variant and the other variant. "Is there any noteworthy difference with the variants that you know of, Martin?" Kano inquires the owner about what he already knows from his short interaction with this new variant Pokemon.

[break]
[break]
NOTES
notes here, i guess?
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.nikki100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki98:hover .nikki101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki98:hover .nikki102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a8354a;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2022 19:42:38 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

”Yeah, that’s the one. Still as bloodthirsty as the last time too.”
[break][break]
They’re far from fond memories, but that’s just what they are: memories. It’s not the first murderous pokémon he encounters, and it probably won’t be the last.
[break][break]
So, he does no more than take a seat, clicking the button at the centre of the Luxury Ball to release the proud Braviary that comes out with a piercing cry. It’s huge, and it looks even larger when it extends its wings, looking down upon them from behind a mask of azure fire.
[break][break]
”From what I can tell, it’s some variant of Braviary… Bigger than any Braviary I’ve seen, though. It can use Psychic attacks, and I have no idea what’s up with the fire…”
[break][break]
The Braviary is full of mysteries, and yet, Mars still finds it to be one of the most amazing pokémon he’s ever encountered. If anything, perhaps the mysteries are part of the reason for this fondness of his.

[break][break]

[attr="class","textwtpokes"]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #60a697!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

bunny

Dr. Kano
She/Her
Sinnoh
Pansexual
Scientist
Grunt
22 height
22 height
awards
110 posts
Kano Iyona DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kano
Kano Iyona
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2022 14:02:10 GMT
Kano Iyona Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nikki98"]
[attr="class","nikki99"]
[break]
THERE'S FEAR IN THE EYES
[break]
[break]
[break]

"I wonder if there is someone capable enough to capture that Pokemon and send it to me for research" Kano let out passing remarks as she starts to measure its size - Despite there being a sense of discomfort from the Braviary but Kano ignores it. "Roughly 13% larger and 5% heavier than the usual variant of Braviary" Kano declares as she types it down to her PC about the data with the exact number of its weight. "Of course, like any other Pokemon - This probably would have some slight size variant and there is a possibility of an outlier size as I saw a giant Luxray that tries to attack me back at the distortion" Kano adds, doesn't care if Mars find this information useful or not. [break][break]

"No, for the fire... It reminds me of the flame of Litwick, but that can't be it. Litwick belongs to the ghost typing and all ghost typing has this certain aura that you can tell that they belong to the ghost group" Kano hums, staring at the closer look at the flame. "Since, you said that it can use Psychic attack and the usual Braviary can't use it. This means, that this variant of Braviary has a psychic type rather than the normal type" Kano crosses her arms, pondering then telling what she has in mind before typing the data down to her own database. [break][break]

"Temperament-wise. Are there any changes from your Braviary before it changes into this form?"

[break]
[break]
NOTES
notes here, i guess?
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2022 16:53:59 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Probably. It seems like just another pokémon, just a really aggressive one. I would have done it myself, but Boreas here scared it away.”
[break][break]
Not like Mars has any reason to be at all annoyed about that. Whatever that murderous axe-wielding pokémon may be, he’s not a fan, and apparently neither is his Braviary.
[break][break]
”Plenty of pokémon can use psychic attacks without being classified as psychic type, but the way it gathers energy in its wings when about to strike is… very reminiscent of other psychic types I own.” Mars would know, considering he has a whole collection of them. Surely he can recognize a psychic type when he sees it, no? ”The fire kind of reminds me of the flames of a Delphox… Like Mystical Fire?”
[break][break]
At the question about temperament, he looks at Boreas, amber gaze meeting proud and wild eyes that lie beneath flames.
[break][break]
”That’s the thing… I encountered it in the distortion, it’s not a pokémon that transformed. I did get a Unovan Braviary to compare the two, and this one is… considerably more ferocious. It took me some effort to get it to trust me this much.”
[break][break]
And this much still isn't a lot of trust. Not yet. They still have more training to do.

[break][break]

[attr="class","textwtpokes"][break]

close tab

played by

bunny

Dr. Kano
She/Her
Sinnoh
Pansexual
Scientist
Grunt
22 height
22 height
awards
110 posts
Kano Iyona DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kano
Kano Iyona
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 11:47:29 GMT
Kano Iyona Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nikki98"]
[attr="class","nikki99"]
[break]
THERE'S FEAR IN THE EYES
[break]
[break]
[break]

While he points out a good point about Psychic typing, Kano is fully aware of that. Blame her on looking down on people so she dumbs down the explanation to make the other side more receptive to her answer without getting lost. While Kano has put respect to Mars, she still unknowingly underestimate the guy. She shrugs that off for now and re-focus on what is the matter now. "More ferocious, you say? That's interesting. Has she shown any moves that you have never seen before?" Kano asks wondering. She wonders if the new thing is not just limited to the appearance but also the move.

[break]
[break]
NOTES
notes here, i guess?
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 0:31:52 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

New moves?
[break][break]
Now, that sure is a question.
[break][break]
”It can use a lot of moves which I’m sure no Unovan Braviary can use, but other than that… Here, I’ll show you.”
[break][break]
He stands then, calmly approaching the dark-winged Braviary that stares at him from behind a mask of azure flames. That’s what they do: they stare at each other for a moment, all before Mars finally nods upwards.
[break][break]
The Braviary lets out a fierce cry and flies up, aura-like energy beginning to gather itself in its wings’ every feather. Mars throws an empty pokéball up in the air, and all that energy is released at that very instant, ESPER WING slashing through the device and cutting it to pieces.
[break][break]
”It’s kind of like Psycho Cut but without the need for physical contact… I also find that sometimes it can be much more devastating.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","textwtpokes"][break]