1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Giri-choco [M]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2022 11:50:37 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Valentine's Day, the worst holiday for ex-husbands and divorcee wives. A day filled with thoughts of "what is she doing right now?" And "is she sleeping with him?" And "what presents are they exchanging?" And "How happy does he make her?" Last year, he smoked until 9, then drank until 12, then thankfully passed the day into sweet oblivion. This year, however, he was determined to not be a sad sack reheating a microwaved a roast chicken dinner for one and texting his daughter happy Valentine's.

He was going to make some chocolates to surprise his daughter. Or try to.

The class was in his local university, it was attended mostly by women hoping to make valentine chocolates for the person of their affections. Callan looked around, he was woefully out of place. He was the only man in the class, and most likely, needed some brush up on his baking. He felt out of place in his leather jacket and punk piercings on his ears, he had tried to tone it down slightly by slicking his hair back to keep it somewhat well kept, but he realized now it just made him more aggressive.

As they were waiting on the class to open however, Callan's eyes darted around to a familiar hue of pink hair. "Miss Talbot?" He asked, his voice would be recognizable. He had been taught for a year in her class prior to dropping out, but the years and most definitely the smoking and singing have deepened his vocal chords, and hardened them. "It's been so long," He smiled, his eyes scanned her up and down, a twinkle of pleasant surprise in his red eyes. "How've you been?"

close tab

played by

Bunny

Ale, Ana
She/Her
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Math teacher
Civilian
2 height
2 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
6 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aleana
Aleana Talbot
Giri-choco [M]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 13:47:55 GMT
Aleana Talbot Avatar

TAG -

NOTES - Notes can go here, this box expands.

Aleana is not the best cook, everyday cooking is still within her ability but she can't make a dessert. Aleana understands the basics but she wants to make sure that she can make the best chocolate for her daughter since @vicki deserves the best from her mother. Aleana secretly applies to a chocolate-making class further from her home so Vicki won't suddenly catch onto it. While waiting for the class to start suddenly a familiar voice that she hasn't heard for a long time calls her name. Aleana quickly look at that man and her eyes widened in surprise. "Callan! What a pleasant surprise. I am doing good, got married after moving back to my hometown" Aleana shows her wedding ring with a smile. Callan was once her student in the past, he was one of the problematic students at that time but looking at him right now it seems that his demeanor turn into something better. "How about you? Oh, since you are here - You have someone that you fancy that you want to surprise, eh?" Aleana shows a cat-like sly grin, preparing to tease Callan.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Karla]
[/div]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Giri-choco [M]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 17:17:29 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Oh, congratulations." Callan's smile raised halfway, his lips smiled but his eyes didn't. "No one like that I'm afraid. Not at the moment at least. I'm here to make some chocolates for my kid, I'm sure she'd like some from her dad, give or take five years and she'll have some boy to chase after." He furled his fingers against his pockets as the teacher opened the kitchen. Callan followed, careful that his steps were at pace with his former teacher, his legs were a fair bit longer.

"Making chocolates for your husband, I take it?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Giri-choco [M]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 14:23:33 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Whomever the other man had been baking with had been called away, and since Alexei had come by to help with the taste-testing of the chocolate…

Why not help out here and there? He could tell that there were a lot of greenhorns making their chocolate for the very first time.

(Hell, someone had already burned their chocolate already. Yikes.)

Wandering over to another part where there were some others having a time making their chocolate, he came by someone who was in the middle of getting stuff set up.

“Need any help?” he asked the other man.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Giri-choco [M]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 16:04:17 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
It was unfortunate, but when emergencies occurred, there was no helping it. Before Callan could catch up with his old teacher again he was now having to deal with a plate of chocolate on his own. There was a certain skill required to temper chocolate, and he definitely did not possess it, as the bowl of chocolate melted in clumps, he buried a hand against his hair as he stared down at it, looks like he'd have to start over.

Until of course, someone offered. "Yes please," he spoke, wihtout any hint or remorse or hesitation, if he was going to give his daughter any kind of edible chocolate, he'd need some assistance from the outside forces. "I think I need to restart this batch, you mind helping me retemper the chocolate?" Callan slowly heated up the bowl of messed chocolate up, slowly, 5 to 10 seconds at a time. "I'm not sure what's causing the cocoa to separate."

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Giri-choco [M]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 18:07:49 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Oh, deer dear.

“First off, are you using dark chocolate, or milk?” he asked. Why chocolate had to be so fucking finicky he would never understand, but there you went.

Thankfully he’d done his fair share of melting chocolate (he did work in the baking industry years upon years ago) yet everything was still there.

“Also, before you started melting the chocolate, did you chop it up as finely as you could?”

There were—a lot of things most beginners who wanted to make chocolate forgot to go over, one of them happened to be the melting point. It varied with each type, not everything was made to melt at the same temperature!

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Giri-choco [M]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 18:14:08 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan had to do a double take, he had to chop the chocolate? "Oh uh, hmm." He winced, "Yeah I didn't hear that part I just kinda tossed them in since my partner left in a hurry, so I missed a few instructions." As for the chocolate, he paused to check the instructions. "I think it's milk chocolate, something around 60% I'd wager?" At any rate it was a good thing they weren't really making full bars from scratch, this was more of a let's-make-a-candy-bar-of-chocolate-with-stuff-you-wanted-to-put-in-it, kinda class.

Regardless, his line of questioning was right, he checked the heat with a thermometer, "It's about..." He closed an eye. "89 Fahrenheit, you think it's good or should I go lower?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Giri-choco [M]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 19:07:16 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Oh deer dear, indeed.

“Milk chocolate it is, then,” he confirmed. Realizing that they were going to need the thermometer to measure the chocolate since this was such a finicky thing to handle regardless.

“Wait—what’s that in Cel—” he dropped off before doing some quick mental conversion.

“Ah. We have to let it cool down to 27 Celsius,” he continued as he reached for said thermometer and sticking the tail end of it into the puddle of chocolate in the pot.

GVdzOi1a

“Okay, once it’s at 27 Celsius, make sure to keep an eye on the temperature, we have to heat it up again to 30 or 31 Celsius, take your pick. I would err and stay in the middle of the two.”

Why did his brain go metric? It was what he was taught back then!

the instructions he’s following is what’s listed here

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Giri-choco [M]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2022 3:53:21 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan realized he had not an ounce of talent in baking. And it was all the more apparent as his jumbled and disorganized mind attempted to make sense of the clean, linear and methodical structures on the paper. He stuck his tongue out and squinted intensely at the thermometer as he slowly watched it go down to 27 degrees celsius.

He was thankful for Alexei's presence, without him, this chocolate would definitely have been inedible. It might still be, given that despite his best attempts, it seemed like what he did was more sabotage than help out with Alexei's precise and careful baking.

K7wCXH7y

Somehow, by the end of the cooking lesson, something edible came out. A pristine bar of chocolate, stamped with Liore's name on top, and deckd in her favorite candy pieces: honeycomb caramel. Callan snapped a piece off from the chocolate, and handed one to Alexei, before taking a bite himself. It was good, great, even, better than anything he could have done himself. Sure it was a little astringent, probably because he mixed in a bit too much coffee powder, but otherwise it was pretty decent. "Thanks for the help man." He said, "I'm Callan, I'll see you some other time?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Giri-choco [M]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2022 11:42:26 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Thankfully he was here to help the other man get the chocolate right, and slowly, but surely—under his watchful eye—they were able to save the chocolate that was mere moments away from disaster had he not stepped in.

“Ooh,” he remarked as he took the offered piece and nibbled at it, “…this for a family member or something?” he inquired around the little piece that was now melting on his tongue inside his mouth.

There were hints and bites of coffee in the chocolate—mocha, definitely—before he realized the other had introduced himself.

“I’m Alexei, but you can call me Alex—and might I say, not bad for your first try at making this,” he said as he held the remaining small piece of chocolate that he’d been offered to taste-test.

“Could use improvement, but you got the basics down at least.”

the instructions he’s following is what’s listed here

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Giri-choco [M]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2022 12:15:23 GMT
Callan Young Avatar

Callan chuckled, "I think if it weren't for you I'd have come up with something truly monstrous. But I appreciate it man." He replied, taking a second bite, Liore didn't exactly enjoy the taste of coffee, but he did know that the inclusion of it would intrigue her. And she was nothing if not deathly curious about everything around her.

"It's for my daughter." He answered, his eyes focused on the floor as he spoke, in contemplation. "I've a five year old kid, smart and a little loud, loves chocolate bars. I figured I'd make her some, and some for my ex-wife." He paused, "Though I don't imagine she'd be willing to take any, instead, how about you take the other half and give it to your S.O.?" He finished the piece of chocolate in his hand and washed it clean in a nearby sink, before offering it to Alexei. "Callan, Callan Young." He paused, "You're a gym leader, right?" He said incredulously, what was with him randomly meeting with high profile people in recent weeks? "I'm a trainer, any chance I'd be able to challenge your gym sometime soon?" He offered a friendly smile, but there was part of it where he was looking for a challenge at some point.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Giri-choco [M]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2022 14:23:34 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Are—are you sure you won’t mind me getting the rest of it? I mean—I wouldn’t want to deprive your kid of chocolate goodies… you know how kids are when it comes to chocolate,” he replied with a chuckle.

Although… he wouldn’t say no to caramel-flavored goods, so… hmm. What a dilemma indeed.

Once the other man had introduced himself, he took note of the other’s name.

“My gym’s pretty free for challenges… are you looking for a traditional or a non-trad battle?” he inquired, curious.

Setting up the non-trad challenges took a while, but they were a hell of a lot of fun to do once they were in the air. But in the end it all depended on the other’s choice.

“Feel free to come by the gym when you can,” he remarked as he reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out one of the calling cards for the Fortree Rescue and Treatment Sanctuary—which was also known to be the Fortree Gym. Two-in-one place, really.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Giri-choco [M]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2022 4:35:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: