the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
wrapped in your regret, what a waste of blood and sweat.
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
SCARRED
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 6:15:56 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

this isn't ideal in the slightest, but they don't have much options. the usual hesitance that comes from being on the sub is lost at the moment, overpowered by genuine care and concern.[break][break]

a hallway later, and he's at the infirmary.[break][break]

"nina!"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".niko"]--accent:#716075; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
somewhere between pixie hollow and purgatory
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
SCARRED
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 6:48:19 GMT
nina larson Avatar
it was a new place. new smells, new faces that she could barely see—in part because most of her vision was obscured bandages, much like the rest of her. mostly, she kept her eyes shut. it was only when a familiar voice echoed that she opened one of them.

”niko,” she muttered weakly, shifting and then stilling again. surgery and countless stitches had warranted a heavy dose of psychic remedy and a side of drugs, leaving her woozy, sleepy.

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
SCARRED
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 13:25:02 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

the medic probably (definitely) doesn't deserve being shouldered past but it only takes niko a quick moment before he's by her side. any other rocket and he wouldn't even be here right now. but she's not just any other rocket, is she?[break][break]

she's part of the gang. she's family.[break][break]

"you look like absolute shit, girl."[break][break]

despite the jest in his voice, he wears concern on his expression as he looks at her.[break][break]

"the fuck happened?"

[newclass=".niko blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
SCARRED
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 6:22:41 GMT
nina larson Avatar

heal pulses had helped her recover beneath her bandages to some good extent, but she remained cold, tired. it didn’t replace the blood she'd lost, still steadily regaining. her voice was still in slow, sleepy breaths.

”someone sent me out to get a delivery. i got ambushed by some guy.”

she shut her good eye.

”he said all rockets deserve to die and attacked me with his beartic.” she recalled @onyx ’s face, feeling a shiver her body was too tired to manifest. ”and then he left. i think he thought i was dead.”

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
SCARRED
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2022 4:35:13 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"fuckin' idiot."[break][break]

he sighs, reaching a hand out to her bedside.[break][break]

"not you, i mean. him."[break][break]

the situation, how little of it he knows, makes him frown. no one should ever have to be in that situation. he couldn't help but wonder, though...[break][break]

"did you at least get a good shot in?"

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
SCARRED
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2022 5:20:46 GMT
nina larson Avatar

nina grookeystared at him with her good eye.

what even was it that she felt? was it rage? grief? without the physical power to manifest her emotions, she fizzled out in defeat with a barely audible sigh.

”no.”

because that would have required skill, and what skills did she have? certainly not the right ones.

but she was alive. she could learn.

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
SCARRED
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 12:48:54 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"the fuck? why not?"[break][break]

he knows why. he had been in the same position she's in now, once upon a time. so he understands some of the things she might be feeling.[break][break]

grief, rage, and helplessness. why wasn't he strong enough to protect them? why was he too weak to do anything?[break][break]

"you'll get him next time, i'm sure."

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
SCARRED
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2022 3:52:00 GMT
nina larson Avatar
”i tried.” i was too weak.

next time. revenge? she shivered, holding herself in the bed.

”i don’t ever want to see him again.” much less face him in combat. whoever the man was, she would have nightmares about him forever. they would eat at what was left of her.

would she need to move onto the submarine? was that an option? did she want that?

she contemplated, her heartrate rising some with the suggestion visibly on a monitor nearby.

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
SCARRED
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2022 9:55:25 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"i get it. but you need to, nina."[break][break]

too blunt, perhaps? maybe. maybe not. but niko's seasoned enough to know of the terrors she'll soon face.[break][break]

"otherwise that fucker's going to be haunting you forever. and i can't have that."

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
SCARRED
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 22:29:43 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she needed to? he couldn’t have that.

she was quiet, reading only that she now had a new responsibility she couldn’t previously have imagined. not only did she likely need to see this man again, but she was now obligated to address the issue of his crime against rocket.

her fingers pinched the sheet of the bed, idly holding onto something like it was the last vestige of hope. she was not a murderer.

”so... what do you mean? like, i have to find him again?”

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
SCARRED
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 17:09:11 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

insightful when the situation calls for it, niko sees how she pinches the sheet of the bed. he reaches his hand over to cup hers — another form of hope, maybe.[break][break]

"well, he's likely gonna come after you again."[break][break]

as long as she's in rocket, it seems as though there's no avoiding that bitter truth.[break][break]

"but also i don't think rocket's gonna let you off the hook that easily."

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
SCARRED
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 10:22:33 GMT
nina larson Avatar
her hand lingered under his, weak. whatever intention he’d had of inspiring hope was quickly dashed by his following words. her visible eye narrowed in a wince at the horror of it. what the fuck?

”uh...”

her stomach turned. rocket wouldn’t let her off the hook? she was in the wrong place then, wasn’t she?

”well... what should i do?”

did she still have ekans, even? or nidorina? were they dead? she didn’t want to ask.

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
SCARRED
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 15:03:08 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"get stronger."[break][break]

the answer seems simple, obvious, and it's delivered with a casual shrug of the shoulder. a sigh follows.[break][break]

"look, nina, outside of verdanturf, shit becomes real scary. i can't always be there to protect you so you gotta learn how to do it on your own."[break][break]

even within verdanturf, nothing is guaranteed.[break][break]

"i can teach you if you want."

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
SCARRED
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 20:23:05 GMT
nina larson Avatar
nina might reason once she was feeling better that the man surely thought her dead. but for now, niko’s blunt warnings drove her fears, as though he might find her on that very bed if she shut her eyes for more than a second. her boss’s words were only echoes of ’s, and ’s. ’s. they solidified the mission. she had to learn how to survive, or she was going to die—probably sooner than later.

she nodded, barely. ”yes, please.”

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
SCARRED
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2022 8:05:14 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"i gotchu."[break][break]

but, just for his own peace of mind, he needs to be sure of something.[break][break]

"shit won't be easy, though. i'm gonna push you for everything you got and more."[break][break]

a pause.[break][break]

"you sure you're up for that?"