thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
impressive title [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 20:32:44 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's eyes narrow at the letters printed on the little card. Beckett. No relation, presumably, but a small world nonetheless. He appraises the man on his approach with a cool gaze, then offers a hand.

"Finn," comes the introduction. "Paleontologist. What do you do?"

His own card introduces him as Thomas Finnegan but to hell with that; he'd taken the alias happily enough, as it was what had been on offer, but there was no way in hell he'd be called by his father's name.

Behind Gavin, his Lucario folds her arm and sizes up the man's companion.

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
impressive title [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 4:08:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The blonde's BOLTUND is the first to arrive at the table, pouncing forward and bowing at the Lucario to try and initiate play. The steely gaze it receives seems lost in the bright optimism beaming from REX's face.

"Hey, nice to meet you! My name's Atlas. I'm a detective out of Slateport," The male responds shortly after arriving next. He extends his hand for a good, firm shake before taking his seat at the other end of the table. "So you dig for bones, right? Like dinosaurs or people? I always get the two confused." He abashedly laughs.

💼 TURN 1/4
SPEED DATE +

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
impressive title [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 4:15:09 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Poor Rex is indeed met with the stony indifference of Gavin's Lucario, though the man himself glances over at the display and smirks at the sight of the eager Boltund trying to incite something from his fellow canine.

"Better luck getting blood from a stone, bud."

His attention flicks back to the dog's master at the question.

"Dinosaurs," he clarifies. "Human bones is... anthropology, I think? Maybe a little bit of archaeology as well. Either way, not my forte." He did like archaeology well enough when it came to diving old ruins, though. "I study Pokémon fossils, revive them where I can."

But he's not too interested in talking about himself. A detective.

"How long you been on the force?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
impressive title [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 4:34:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Rex yips and runs around the table a few laps. Stubborn as ever; determined to have a good time. Much like his trainer, in that regard.

"Ohh, I see..." Atlas hums and nods, his gaze never leaving Finn as he instinctively reaches into his back-pocket for a small notebook and pen. When he realizes that he's done so, he resigns himself to jotting down the information anyway. He only stops when his date suggests he's part of the force.

"O-Oh, haha, yeah... no. I only just immigrated here from HOLON some time back. I was told I'd need to wait a year before becoming an official policeman, so... I took up detective work instead." He smiles.

"I guess you kind of get up to the same thing, right? Studying fossils sounds a bit like studying a crime scene, anyway. What's the coolest thing you dug up and revived?"

💼 TURN 2/4
SPEED DATE +

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
impressive title [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 4:45:08 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's suspicions are not put at ease when Atlas whips out a bloody notebook and starts writing something down. It's all Gavin can do not to lean over and look at what he might be writing. Instead, he takes a delicately wrapped candy from a tray between them and pops it in his mouth. There's some kind of lemon cream in the center, not unpleasant.

A bit too sweet, but he'd just wanted to look busy.

"Is that like tailing cheating spouses and the like?" He chuckles at the insinuation that their work is similar. If only he knew! "I guess you're not wrong. My pride and joy's an Aerodactyl I brought to life myself. They're difficult, all the little bones in the wing? So to get one that can fly proper once you've given it life is an incredible feeling. Nothing like it."

In return, he asks, "What's the most interesting case you've worked?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
impressive title [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 5:34:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Atlas laughs at the mention of cheating spouses. "Y'know... you're actually not wrong about that! Though one time it was just a guy taking care of a Persian in secret from his wife! Turns out she was allergic to cats, hehe."

As the conversation moves on, however, the laughter turns to awe in the blonde's eyes as Finn recalls assembling an Aerodactyl he brought back to life. "I bet..." He agrees, eyes drifting off as he tries to imagine it. "To see something you put so much work in take to the skies... that must be an awesome feeling."

But, alas, his date has a question for him as well. Atlas reaches for a mini sugar cookie as he thinks about his answer. "Hmm... most interesting case I worked... honestly, they've all been pretty simple so far. Nothing like what you read in mystery novels, haha. Not yet, anyway." He adds with a wink, taking a bite from his confection.

Maybe that would change soon.

💼 TURN 3/4
SPEED DATE +

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
impressive title [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 7:34:32 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Ahw, that's sweet." A soft smile tugs at his lips. "Sounds like something my boyfriend would do if I were allergic to dogs. M'not, though, thank Arceus."

Atlas doesn't have any interesting tales to exchange in return. Gavin's not sure if his job is really that boring or if he's withholding information on the basis of confidentiality but either way, he doesn't pry further.

He's mulling over another question to keep conversation flowing when the bell dings.

"Well, good luck with the rest of your night."

He dips his head in farewell and vanishes into the mingling crowd.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
impressive title [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 7:57:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar

A boyfriend?! Mild surprise fills his expression momentarily. Not because Finn is gay, of course, but because he came to a speed-dating event when he was already promised to someone else! Was he polyamorous? Wait, no... the event catered to business relationships, too, didn't it? Ah, yes. Now he remembered.

Though he'd never admit he forgot. He had enough trouble giving people confidence in his skills as a detective!

Suddenly the bell dings, signaling the end of their meeting. Atlas stands up from his seat to wave the kind man goodbye. "Nice meeting you, pal! See ya around maybe." He grins, watching as the man disappears into the crowd, then proceeding to grab his notebook and pen before moving on.

💼 TURN 4/4
SPEED DATE +

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
impressive title [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 5:10:55 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS